[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't she just buy the Skywalkers out of slavery?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: image_de6fe408.jpg (189 KB, 1560x877) Image search: [Google]
image_de6fe408.jpg
189 KB, 1560x877
Why didn't she just buy the Skywalkers out of slavery?
>>
Watto didn't accept their credits remember?
>>
They didn't accept Republican credits.
>>
>>63988053
How about Democrat credits?
>>
>>63988053
So err barter some wood or some shit.
>>
Moisture farming is a thing. Why not trade him a tank of water big enough to fill a large swimming pool? Clearly it would have value.
>>
>>63988016

They didn't have enough to barter with on Tatooine.
>>
Because Padme is a Jew who won't spend her precious shekels on stuff like freedom and happiness.
>>
>>
>>63988053
Pro tip:

Use credits to buy stuff Watto wants. Ship that stuff to him on one of your ships. Using ships to ship stuff, who would've thought?
>>
why didn't qui-gon just take her and say fuck you to the council and the senate.
>>
>>63989053
They would have had to pay taxed to the trade federation.
>>
>>63989053
It's kind of weird there wasn't a single money-changer on the entire planet. I can change most currencies into most other currencies at my local bank branch.

It's also worth noting that in ANH Imperial Credits are totally good on Tatooine. The Empire is officially superior at galactic economic hegemony.
>>
>>63988083
Underrated post
>>
>>63989183
>The Empire is officially superior at galactic economic hegemony.
That's what happens when you rule with an iron fist, yes.
>>
>>63989183
it would make sense there would be one, although its probably a hutt controlled thing.
i guess they didnt want to go telling everyone they had a ton of republic credits
>>
>>63988016
I know. Would have also added a great pay-off to the ending. Not only did they win the day, Anakin's mother comes running towards him at the end, hugging him, seeding some much needed context in why Anakin starts to worship her beyond her just looking purdy.
And then more emotional devastation when she dies in the second movie, the audience having gotten to know her better.
>>
Why didn't Sheev just assassinate Watto and brainwash Anakin from the very get go?
>>
File: Hershlag Episode II - SLJ.webm (3 MB, 996x424) Image search: [Google]
Hershlag Episode II - SLJ.webm
3 MB, 996x424
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.