[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He didn't have to do it, but he wanted le edgy memes bros
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 16
"We knew we needed to do something fucking bold... But… if we hadn’t done that, the movie wouldn’t have any guts at all. It felt very dangerous." -JJ Abrams

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=129176
>>
>>63987355
FUCK OFF SHILL and take your shit website with you.
>>
>>63987355
It's basically been out for a week, why are people trying to avoid saying spoilers?
>>
>>63987355
>if we hadn’t done that, the movie wouldn’t have any guts at all.
oh you wanted the movie to have guts? is that why you gave us a third 'blow up the death star' plot?
>>
it was definitely suspenseful, Han isn't 30 years old anymore so when he seperated from Chewbacca I was scared for him

I think the first sign our heroes weren't invincible anymore was Chewie getting hit early on in the film
>>
It was Kasdan who's responsible. And Ford.
>>
>>63987355

>Fuck, nothing is really going on this movie.
>Kill Han.
>Genius.
>>
>>63987355
Now im really not sure whos more autistic, lucas or this guy
>>
Dude, no one was surprised at any of the big plot reveals other than the obi wan line during that lightsaber montage. I watched this opening day with a bunch of clear star wars nerds dressed as troopers. When Snoke called Kylo Ren Han's son, no one in the theater said a word. When Kylo killed Ren, no one said a word. Maybe I was just in a theater with a better crowd but it none the spoiler moments really did anything emotionally big

>>63987436
The movie had no guts simply by being an original trilogy clone. At least the prequels had balls, although the droopy and uneven kind
>>
It has nothing to do with Ford hating star wars and wanting to be killed off
>>
It didn't add suspense so much as it showed that JJ's throwing badasses under the bus to make Sephiroth Uchiha look like a badass.
>>
>>63987584
Autistic people lack creativity and can't into poetry. Who is more like this?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29 KB, 372x271) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29 KB, 372x271
>>63987355
>t felt very dangerous
>>
And yet he fucked it up by having Kylo be beaten by two untrained shits, so now even this edgy as fuck scene won't save Kylo from being seen as a pussy teenager, instead of another incarnation of Darth Vader

BRAVO
>>
Chewie will die next. His actor is getting way too old and shitty.
>>
Just came back from the movie, Abrams is goddamn shit at building suspense

>make it clear and obvious from the start of the movie he's Han and Leia's son
>unmasked within the first hour
>clear New Hope references, making it obvious what was going to happen when Han and Kylo were interacting on the bridge and everyone else was observing
>Kylo gets destroyed by someone just starting to use a lightsaber, showcasing a fucking weak main antagonist

What was the point?
>>
>>63987355
That death scene didnt really feel very impactful.

Maybe its because it was very obvious Han solo was going to die this movie
>>
>>63987415
Because Disney are running shit like the mafia and will have teams of goons threatening people for months.
>>
>>63987708
he never even wore the suit 99%of the time it was a random stunt guy
>>
>>63987355
>He didn't have to do it
Harrison Ford has wanted Han Solo to die for decades. He was originally going to die in Return of the Jedi but George scrapped that idea to make the film more of a crowd pleaser and Harrison wasn't happy about that at all. There's no fucking way Harrison would've ever agreed to play Han for another three movies, they had no choice but to kill him in TFA.
>>
>>63987355
Dangerous my ass.

Marey sue proceeds to beat kylo's ass.

Any sense of danger was thrown away in the end
>>
>he's like darth vader... but for a younger generation!
>she's like obi-wan... but for a younger generation!
Didn't Legend of Korra do this? How long til we get a new Ewok?
>>
>>63987720
>>make it clear and obvious from the start of the movie he's Han and Leia's son
How did you know? I didn't suspect anything until that scene where Han looks at kylo taking Rey away.
>>
>>63987355
Hasn't Ford been saying for decades he would only do Han again if they killed the character off?
>>
>>63987707
>And yet he fucked it up by having Kylo be beaten by two untrained shits
Kylo fucked Finn's shit up. Rey was only able to beat him because Chewie had badly injured him.
>>
>>63987771
>There's no fucking way Harrison would've ever agreed to play Han for another three movies
But it's easy money.
You act as if Ford doesn't phone in his acting for ez money.
>>
>>63987881
Mentioned family early on. We all fucking knew it was Adam Driver under the mask not Luke so there's basically no reason to even wear the helmet, or act like him taking it off is a big deal.
>>
To all of the faggots bitching about Ren getting whooped by Finn and Rey.. Did you not notice that Chewie's bowcaster was explicitly being shown off time after time, showcasing it's power.. and then Kylo gets hit by it and almost shakes it off. The mother fucker was injured by that thing and still kept on fighting. No one else in the star wars universe would have handled it that well.
>>
'The idea of the voices was, we wanted the audience to feel - but not necessarily be presented right in your face - this idea that familiar, Force-strong voices were connecting with her,' the director said in an interview with Entertainment Weekly

By the way JJ Abrams says this, it kind of makes me feel like that these force strong voices were connecting with her after she touched the light sabre. Kind of shitting on the idea that she was trained.
>>
>>63987925
He's old as shit, almost died and has plenty of money. He didn't want to waste his last years making shitty Star Wars movies, a 4th was enough.
>>
>>63987881
Maybe that line where Kylo says Han Solo is his dad just randomly in one of the first scenes of him on the new death star, then his scene where he mentions Vader's his grandfather cements Leia as the mother.

We could have had a "SOLO, I'M YOUR SON" moment during the bridge scene, but instead we get to hear DAT'S MY BOY ten times beforehand.
>>
>>63987355
>We knew we needed to do something fucking bold

>killing off the 80 year old who can barely move and probably won't last another 10 years IRL

>this is considered "bold"

This is why these movies are going to be fucking terrible. This is the kind of shit they consider groundbreaking and bold and wow and shocking when every man and his dog knew that Han would die well before any info was even released
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
idk why but seeing Harrison Ford in this movie and so full of life and mischief, its made me have a sudden urge to replay the Indiana Jones games
>>
>>63987707
Kylo was beaten by himself
>>
>>63987925
He's already absurdly rich. I don't think Harrison continues to act for easy money, I think he continues to act to keep himself occupied. He's probably the type of guy that hates the idea of retiring and spending the rest of his life relaxing.
>>
File: NEL6KeRttOQhPO_1_b.jpg (63 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
NEL6KeRttOQhPO_1_b.jpg
63 KB, 600x315
>>63987977
Haven't you heard how he almost had a major accident on set of second Indy film? Yet he continued working like a pro. Am so happy he came back for this movie.

Unlike *cough cough* Will Smith not coming back for Independence Day 2.

But seriously Han should NOT have died in this movie but rather in Episode 9. Such a shame and so sad :(
>>
>>63987918
Yes
>>
>>63987985
Kylo never said Han was his father.
>>
>>63987355
Killing Han Solo wasn't really bold.
>>
>>63988249
The first scene where they're talking to Snoke, if I remember right. Clearly mentions his dad's Han.
>>
>>63987415
Because everyone isn't a nerd who goes to see a movie in theatres during christmas times.
>>
>C-3PO has a new red arm when introduced, made a point of it in the scene
>has a gold arm again during the final scene

BRAVO ABRAMS
>>
>>63988299
I honestly don't remember this at all. He mentions A dad, but not Han.
>>
>>63988428
>>has a gold arm again during the final scene
wait wut i entirely missed that part and i've seen the movie twice o.O
>>
>>63988474
He says "...your father, Han... Solo..."
>>
>>63988299
>>63988474
Snoke is the one that says "Your father, Han Solo."
>>
File: 1434317374034.jpg (69 KB, 425x621) Image search: [Google]
1434317374034.jpg
69 KB, 425x621
>mfw idiots on here bitch about Rey beating Kylo
Did you retards not pay any attention to the movie? Multiple times throughout the movie it's established that Chewie's crossbow is super powerful and Kylo got fucking shot by it mere minutes before fighting Rey. Plus right before he attacked Finn and Rey we saw he was profusely bleeding. If you're going to bitch then bitch about actual fuck ups that are in the movie.
>>
>>63988149
They wouldn't have killed off Han in Episode IX because Luke is the one who will die in Episode IX.
>>
File: 1450802219160.jpg (129 KB, 1020x1216) Image search: [Google]
1450802219160.jpg
129 KB, 1020x1216
>>63988428
dumbass
>>
File: Spolier.jpg (64 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
Spolier.jpg
64 KB, 660x371
>>
>>63988661
He still looked like a bitch during that whole fight.
>>
>>63988149
Will can't come back for Independence Day because they killed off his character in some show or something.
>>
>>63988687
so he copies from episode 4 and then copies from that game?
kek
>>
>>63988712
>Will can't come back for Independence Day because they killed off his character in some show or something.
no that was AFTER he said he wasn't coming back!

They made 2 scripts: 1 for him if he would return and one if he didnt (obs they ended up using the latter due to his too good rich ass).
>>
>>63988762
The original script had his character as the current president.
>>
>>63987708
>>63987757
The only scenes that had Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca were scenes where he was sitting.

Chewie can stick around indefinitely. Get a tall guy who can do the mannerisms and the only thing that'll be a bit off is his eyes.
>>
Do the normies even care? Are nerds actually up in arms about Han dying? For me, having known Ford wanted Han dead in the original trilogy, I just respected the decision to finally let a hero die. The only problem I had was how it had no impact. Chewy went a bit berserk and got some good shots in, but then none of the other characters really cared or reacted. There was that weird hug Leia gave Rey, but Leia had a strained relationship with him anyways and Rey barely knew the guy. Leia needed to hug Chewbacca.
>>
>>63988703
Looked fine to me.
>>
fuck off
>>
>>63987707
How can you think kylo ISNT supposed to be a shitty teen? Its literally written to be that way.
>>
>>63987707
>missing the entire point of Kylo's character
He's not supposed to be a badass Darth Vader type. He's supposed to be an angsty idiot that the audience hates.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 778x795) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 778x795
>>63987667
>Sephiroth Uchiha
>>
>>63988916
Chewie obviously wanted to mourn alone.
>>
>>63987881
>If you find OUR SON bring him home because he is OUR SON and we conceived him together.
WOAH PLOT TWIST! 20 minutes later that guy they were talking about turned out to be their son.
>>
Ford was mostly rrally good in this.

Rey is going to be Kylo's sister
>>
>>63988916
>Do the normies even care? Are nerds actually up in arms about Han dying? For me, having known Ford wanted Han dead in the original trilogy
There is a small subset of us that knew it was going to happen the moment the announced he'd be reprising his role, but if you saw the site over the last week at all there were many, many people that thought it was a big upsetting deal to spoil it. Normies probably wouldn't have wanted to spoiled as much as no one does, kissless nerds already knew enough to take it for granted.
>>
>>63989077
nah, has to be Luke's kid

that lightsaber talk where it was Anakin's, then Luke's and now hers should be clear evidence of that; not to mention being strong with the force already with no training
>>
>>63989066
Yes, that's the part where I suspected it.
Thanks for being redundant?
>>
>>63989077
ORRRRRRRRR HIS TWIN YOU KNOW LIKE IT RHYMES ITS POETRY!
>>
>>63987445
Chewbacca and Leia are both wounded in RotJ.
>>
>>63988428

He tells BB at one point that he needs BB's help getting a new arm installed.
>>
i guess you could call casually killing off a beloved character and then barely addressing it for the rest of the movie bold. it seems more just poorly thought out and slightly disrespectful to me though.
>>
>>63987355
What if Kylo becomes good and Rey becomes bad?
>>
>>63988428
>>63989254
why did he have a red arm anyways?
>>
>>63989291
they dont do that cos Rey is what young children will look up to so they cannot make her bad.. even tho it would be so good to see her turn evil - even Mark Hamill stated in 83 that he thought it would have been better if Luke succumbed to the dark side.
>>
>>63989326
We'll find out when they do the C-3PO trilogy.
>>
>>63989262
>then barely addressing it for the rest of the movie
Not much they could address. Chewie went berserker, Rey and Finn didn't react that much since they barely knew Han, Leia wasn't there, Luke wasn't there and when the movie ends he hasn't heard the news yet. Other than maybe throwing in a scene or two of Leia and or Chewie mourning, I don't see what they could've done.
>>
>>63989419
>C-3PO trilogy.
LOL no way would i waste my time watching that
>>
>>63987355
>le
Fuck off to reddit
>>
>>63989687
that's part of why it's poorly thought out.
>>
>>63989687
>>63989755
They'll have a memorial service in the Extended Edition.
>>
>>63989755
Well, he had to die. Harrison would've never agreed to another movie.
>>
>>63989837
He likely got paid at least twice as much as the next best-paid actor in the movie too
>>
I thought Harrison had a really good performance, better than any of the other actors in the movie at least. His death really wasn't that shocking.
>>
>>63989909
It was the first time in over fifteen years Harrison has put effort into a performance. I was shocked, I was really afraid he was going to phone it in but he didn't.
>>
>>63989066
It was mentioned before then that he was Han's son.
>>
File: kek.jpg (60 KB, 413x463) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
60 KB, 413x463
>>63987667
>sepiroth uchiha
>>
>>63989950
>It was the first time in over fifteen years Harrison has put effort into a performance.
He did fine in Hollywood Homicide, it was just such a light script it looked effortless.
>>
>>63988687
Copying based Kojima-san

Fuck, it almost makes JJ come across as likeable
>>
>>63990141
>muh geek references
Pleb tier as fuck
>>
>>63989909
His performance was shit, can you die please
>>
>>63987355
trash schlock vehicle for faggot agendas aplenty is trash schlock vehicle for faggot agenda aplenty
>>
>>63990226
Kill yourself.
>>
>>63990226
>>63990289
Guys, stop, we can all die. I'll join you, the three dead amigos, arriba!
>>
Or because Harrison Ford didn't want to commit to 2 other fucking movies in a 9 year span to play a role in a franchise he didn't really like to begin with.

Ford is like what? 70 years old? They'd HAVE to kill Solo off anyways. He'd be too fucking old to act in an action movie when he's fucking 80 years old by the time the last one comes out.

Fucking idiots.
>>
>>63990226
>tfw people say this
>tfw people can never give a concise and clear reason as to why they think Harrisons acting was bad
Portip you can't say: Fords acting was bad because it was bad. It just doesn't work
>>
File: 1441716989495.gif (4 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1441716989495.gif
4 MB, 200x200
People clapped when Han and Chewie showed up when I went, this was a few days after the release so it wasn't like the initial crowd or anything.

Fuck people

No one clapped for Luke
>>
File: 1450573615628.jpg (137 KB, 587x868) Image search: [Google]
1450573615628.jpg
137 KB, 587x868
Harrison is not doing it to be kind or anything about the role he is dong it to get majorly paid.
>>
Eh. I saw it as more a note on his personal struggles and their fucked up parent and child relationship.
>>
>>63991210
Whelp. No wonder he gave no shits about being in the sequel.
>>
>>63991321
He wanted Han killed off in the original series and would only do another installment if they killed Han off.
As for the pay, that was actually substantially less up-front than he made for Indiana Jones 4, although he had a lucrative percentage of the gross for that too.
>>
>>63989167
Kylo's meant to be 30. No way Rey is that old.
>>
>>63990788
>No one clapped for Luke
Same here bro. I saw this movie twice and the cinema was silent.
>>
>>63991210
dude didn't you watch all his 2015 interviews? He couldn't stop joking about "wanting the money so bad".
>>
>>63989902
That would be hamill, who made near 10 mil.
Hamill had much less screen time, but was present for most of the shooting, advised on the set, is coming back for the sequels, and did probably the most promotional work and hyped the shit out of the movie in the media.

Simon Pegg, Daniel Craig and Domhall Gleeson also got big payday's for their roles - at least compared to their screen time.
>>
>>63991732
Rey is meant to be 18-19 years old. Same age as Luke was in IV.
>>
>>63991818
Daniel Craig: "and I will drop my weapon."
Loved the way he delivered that line.
>>
>>63990361
It's not that Ford hated Star Wars, it's just after ANH/ESB and Indiana Jones he was getting offers left and right for roles and star wars required long term dedication. Esp at the time considering Lucas wanted to put sequels/prequels into production after ROTJ shit was looking like it would never end.

Now Alec Guiness? That guy fucking hated star wars
>>
>>63990788
Americans clapping is the worst.

I talked about it with a friend and she said:
>When you're happy you clap, it's just normal.
>Not clapping is weird.

So there you have it. That's how murikans think.
>>
>>63991566
He wanted Han killed off because it looked like Lucas was going to make sequels/Prequels after ROTJ, Ford was getting flooded with other lucrative movie deals, and he didn't want anyone else to play Han.
>>
>>63991976
He'd make a great imperial officer
>>
>>63987959
This mofo knows what's up
>>
>>63992051
>and he didn't want anyone else to play Han.
well too late now when we are getting a spin off Han movie where some 20 year old kid will play him... meh
>>
>>63987355

>>that GIANT PICTURE OF HAN
>>in the context of a bunch of articles about someone getting killed

Why are websites so retarded
>>
>>63988034
Fuck I loved this game. I still remember the invincibility cheat by heart
>>
File: Infernalmines.jpg (30 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Infernalmines.jpg
30 KB, 640x480
>>63992671
you ever play the Infernal Machine?
Loved the mine level as was just like Temple of Doom as you got to ride in a minekart hehe.
>>
>>63991210
Did Harrison suffer a stroke or something? his face is super crooked nowadays
>>
File: BFmBPu1.jpg (51 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
BFmBPu1.jpg
51 KB, 620x320
>>63992768
nah he always had that crooked smile
>>
>>63992671
god I gotta replay this game too. loved how you could go inside the millenium falcon
>>
>>63992718
Shit that looks awesome.. No, ive never heard of it
>>
>>63992943
holy shit u hav to play it!
check this out u get to drive around in a jeep near the pyramids before u explore inside them so fun!

Game is perhaps better than Emperor's Tomb when it comes to exploring so many locations; an inside of a volcano, free roaming on an island, exploring a sinking ship etc
>>
>>63992853
Damn, this takes me back...
>>
>>63989326

To sell action figures, same thing with phasma
>>
>>63988687
its funny because VII and MGSV were SHIT. Kojima is like the japanese george lucas, except without the pottery.
>>
>>63992853
That's Dash's ship, not the falcon you silly goose. You see the Falcon escape from Echo base at the beginning of that level
>>
>>63987707
>shot
>just killed his Dad
>planets collapsing
>first opponent: storm trooper trained from birth
>beats him but is even more fatigued and injured
>2nd opponent: Luke sky walkers daughter, obviously no match with the saber but wins because she can use the force
>still not able to really beat him because the fight is ended by the the planet breaking apart

Pretty fair tbqh
>>
>>63993282
oh well I was like 8 when I played it and didnt pay too much attention meh
>>
>>63987355
Han Solo died like a chump.
JJ has no concept of heroism. Hero for him seems to be someone who screams a lot.
>>
>>63989011
Well too bad it doesn't work that way. With the ammount of pottery in the thing making the villian a goof nobody takes serious is just bad filmmaking.
Not to mention that han solo, a beloved character, gets killed by that strange goofball in a very chump way.
>>
dear generation X,

swearing makes you look desperate.

please don't do that.

sincerely,
normal people
>>
Can i get some 'He was a good friend' pasta?
>>
>>63994320
>sincerely, reddit
>>
File: 1447047242430.gif (75 KB, 130x130) Image search: [Google]
1447047242430.gif
75 KB, 130x130
>killing off this character whose actor has wanted to have killed off for about 30+ years and who now is just too fucking old to really do it anymore is dangerous and bold!

does JJ actually think this or is he just saying some bullshit to get nerds off his back

I don't think anyone was surprised by this, maybe fake ass star wars "fans" who don't know shit
>>
>>63993807
It's not like he even got anything out of the sacrifice either.
>>
>>63988307
Whats wrong? You're wife or mom wont let you go?
>>
>>63991988
>when you're happy, you make a loud distracting noise to drown out the sound of the thing making you happy
Your friend is awful
>>
>>63991210
Pretty ironic considering these new actors are sacrificing their careers for another blunder and probably will end up just like Hayden Christensen.
>>
>>63989066
Did you get up to buy crablegs the two or three times they mentioned it before that?
>>
Seeing how good Luke looked at the end is the best part of the movie. The rest is trash.
>>
>>63987355
Dangerous?

Ford is old and doesn't even want to play Han anymore.

AND most importantly, all you did was swap Ben Kenobi for Han Solo. You even had the young heroes watch from a distance away where they couldn't help, just like in IV.

Dangerous?

You straight up just copied Episode IV Jew Jew.

It was an obvious plot sequence that could be seen from a mile away.
>>
>>63993240
>without the pottery

Cunt you serious
>>
>>63987355
What up with JJ and cursing. Looks very unprofessional desu senpaiília.
Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.