[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have 2 questions: 1) In the end of "Return of the Jedi"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 2
File: BLACKED Daisy.jpg (36 KB, 600x404) Image search: [Google]
BLACKED Daisy.jpg
36 KB, 600x404
I have 2 questions:

1) In the end of "Return of the Jedi" it is implied that the empire is defeated for good. However, in TFA (which plays apx 30 years after) the first order is big enough enough to build a base/weapon bigger than the original death star. How? Wouldn't they be nearly extinguished by now?

2) Who is Snoke? (the supreme leader) I thought the last Sith died in Vader after he killed the emperor? Or is the dark side some kind of disease/parasite that seeks a new host once the old one died?
>>
you're questions are irrelevant because Lucas 1-6, KOTOR, and the Clone Wars are the only canon star wars things
>>
>>63982746
Well done, you'll catch a few people
>>
>>63982649
It's part of Abrams retarded TV storytelling, it'll probably be explained in VIII or IX who fucking knows. Also
>>63982746
>>
1) JJ says they are like neo-nazis, however neo-nazis have fuck all funds so I dont know how we are meant to think they could afford to build a planet sized weapon

2) a good theory is he is Lord Plagueis, Sheev's master who he tells the story about him discovering the power to bring people back from the dead
>>
>>63982649
It was never implied that the Empire was destroyed.

>but muh celebrations
People celebrated after Stalin died, but the Commie regime was still in full swing.
>>
>>63982649
how did nazi germany rise from ashes in ww1? even after they are sanctioned?
>>
>>63982746

Wait, KOTOR is back in cannon? I thought they chucked it with the EU
>>
is force unleashed cannon or no?
>>
>>63982803
I'm not completely retarded. I see that they had to indispose in order to justify another set of movies. I was positively surprised by the movie, since I expected -3/10 train wreck with squashed baby corpses etc. but I just thought I missed something vital to the story, or did they really not explain how the empire could rebuild itself from nothing and even build a freaking monster machine.

Also Snoke looks a blind turtle zombie. I heard some rumours he's supposed to be hundreds of years old, meaning he would be older than the emperor himself.
>>
>>63982649
>Who is Snoke?

The Supreme Leader of the First Order, it seems. Other than that, we don't know.

And you dont have to be Sith to go dark side. Kylo never once referred to himself as a Sith, despite that he was emulating a Sith Lord. Snoke could just be another jackoff strong in the force who decided to be a dick with it.
>>
> swn use the force to rupture your testicles
;_;
>>
>>63982979

Better question is do we WANT it to be cannon?
>>
>>63982822
>a good theory is he is Lord Plagueis, Sheev's master who he tells the story about him discovering the power to bring people back from the dead
I thought so too at first, but then I rewatched that part and it says he killed him in his sleep. Even smirked and mentions his 'inability to bring himself back from the dead.' So no, Snoke must be someone else.
>>
>>63983154
she looked juicy, even in those baggy desert pants
>>
>>63982649
These are some of the major issues i had with the story. It would have been a much better movie if it were smaller and more focused, but you just aren't allowed to make those kinds of movies in a franchise like this at this particular time. The studio demands that the movie be like the original (because it worked then so it'll work now) but bigger (because it's more exciting). The fact is, most people LIKE the feeling of familiarity that comes from this, and they find unbelievably high stakes exctiting, even though they make no sense.

I think the story is as good as it could have been given what I'm sure the laundry list of "must-haves" probably looked like.

So there are no answers to your questions. Those things are there because the studio though they absolutely had to be.
>>
>>63983121
Even if Snoke is not a Sith, him being a Force user and generally fucking with the Force would imply that Anakin did fucking not bring balance to anything. And that's a gigantic shit on both the OT and the PT.
>>
>>63983166
i do, that was an awesome game, good plot
>>
File: 1450585236949.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1450585236949.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
>>63983154

I want to have a loving femdom relationship with Rey where she reads all my most intimate and embarrassing thoughts and makes fun of me about them, controls me to humiliate myself in public with mind tricks, uses the force to pin me down and give me achingly slow sexual stimulation without ever actually touching me and she would make this face whenever she does these things
>>
>>63983170

he says he couldnt SAVE himself from death, which implies Sheev thought it was all over after he killed him and didn't consider that he might be able to bring himself back to life after hes dead, and we've already seen you can become a ghost in the star wars universe living inside the force
>>
>>63983489
We'll now I'm depressed
>>
>>63983070
They tried to "modernize" Star Wars, completely dismissing that people want to know what happened after the supposed "defeat" of the Empire at the end of Return of the Jedi. We are instantly thrown into a new story, conflict and bad guys (of course, a new Emperor and Vader-ripoffs), it really doesnt feel like a sequel trilogy, more like a soft reboot. Abrams and Kasdan probably think people don't care about that 30 year gap, well they're fucking wrong.
>>
>>63982649
>1) In the end of "Return of the Jedi" it is implied that the empire is defeated for good. However, in TFA (which plays apx 30 years after) the first order is big enough enough to build a base/weapon bigger than the original death star. How? Wouldn't they be nearly extinguished by now?

General Hux's father took the Imperial Remnant to the unknown regions, where they waited and rebuilt for 30 years until they could strike at the galaxy again.

>2) Who is Snoke? (the supreme leader) I thought the last Sith died in Vader after he killed the emperor? Or is the dark side some kind of disease/parasite that seeks a new host once the old one died?

We have no idea. He's not a Sith, and anyone who says he's Plagueis is a dumb shit memer. The entire movie was made as a fuck you to the prequels and Kasdan has no idea who that character is.
>>
>>63983533
Which brings the question: can force ghosts interact with the world? Or they can just observe it? Obi Wan did sit down on a tree on Degobah...

And also, can they communicate with non force sensitive people? And people who they didn't know? Can Anakin's ghost show up for Kylo? If it can, why doesn't it?
>>
>>63983630
>General Hux's father took the Imperial Remnant to the unknown regions
Is that in a book or something, cause it would've helped a fucking lot if they showed it in the movie
>>
>>63983714

oh shit, maybe Plagueis didn't bring himself back to life, and that hologram was no hologram but his force ghost
>>
>>63983404

How, exactly, was the force out of balance during the PT? Like, discounting the clone wars, what kind of horrible force knocked things off kilter to warrant a chosen one prophesy? The Sith were thought to have gone extinct for a millennium, things seemed pretty skewed towards the light.

Unless.....the prophecy wasnt meant for Jedi....but the Sith
>>
>>63983762
If that's true, its all fucked. How would they ever kill a force ghost? Plageuis is here for ever, lol.
>>
>>63983855
with other force ghosts!
>>
OP here

>>63983348
Yes, this is exactly what I think. Just thought maybe some lorefags would know better.
>>
>>63983762
>>63983855
But didn't Qui Gon discover force ghosting?
Plagueis was well dead by then
>>
>>63983625

I didn't care. It was great. Get that stick out of your ass
>>
>>63983625
It's just about what sells tickets and merchandise. A story about an old man and a couple of trainees going on a little adventure that has no galactic significance would have been a lot better in my opinion, but harder to market and fewer characters means fewer toys.
>>
>>63984020
QuiGon wasn't necessary the first to discover it. Hell, maybe Plageuis showed him the trick in Force heaven, just to fuck with Sheev.
>>
>>63984020

Plagueis was powerful enough with the force to create life. If mister "cant sense this desert urchin is totally gonna be trouble" master jedi Qui Gon can figure it out, its probably not a stretch to think Plageueis couldnt
>>
>>63983761
There's a fair amount of things that are explained in TFAs books than in the movies. Like the relationship between the Resistance and the New Republic which I didn't initially get
>>
>>63983404
>>63983820
FORGET. ABOUT. THE PREQUELS.

Besides a few token mentions of a clone army and Ewan MacGregor's voice cameo, the prequels are being ignored almost entirely. The prophecy was fucking nonsense.
>>
>>63983070
you just haven't wrapped your head around the exact nature of the trainwreck.

JJ's job is to make something that appears to be a Star Wars film. the more you think about the actual events of this film, the more holes you will notice.

people calling the film a piece of shit just watch movies in a more analytical way than you, so they get from "what does this mean this is weird" to "this movie was made by people that have contempt for me" faster.
>>
>>63983855
They can't. They'll just have to do their part to fight the sith forever and make the galaxy a better place.

Who's ready for Star Wars Episode XLVIII: The Sith went Thataway!
>>
>>63984037
you're just wasting everyone's time with posts like this. more people reaffirming your belief that this film was good will not make it a fact.
>>
>>63982917
You're retarded, dude.
>>
>>63982649
What is /tv/'s obsession with Daisy's bumhole?
>>
>>63982837
>weesa free
>>
>>63984210
Please state 3 plot holes, no really
>>
>>63983533
>he might be able to bring himself back to life after he's dead
I'm aware of the irony in my statement, but that would be completely unrealistic and stupid. Basically the 'anything goes as long as you can imagine it' card that would ridicule all previous 6 movies. Even if so, he would be nearly 300 years old. But then again, he looks like it. But why didn't he intervene earlier then? He basically sat through all 6 movies doing nothing.

>>63983630
>General Hux's father took the Imperial Remnant to the unknown regions, where they waited and rebuilt for 30 years until they could strike at the galaxy again.
Now that sounds really far off. Not even in a fictional space setting I can imagine an entire legion of cannon fodder willingly agree to follow someone to an unknown shithole to wait out 30 years.
>>
>>63984374
doesn't every male like female anuses to some degree? it's just another reiteration of that really. ass, feet, ass, feet, ass, feet, ass... on endless repeat for all eternity.
>>
>>63984554
>why didn't he intervene earlier then
He wanted to see where Sheev was going with his Empire so he waited it out and spent his time fucking whores on Khasyyyk.
>>
>>63984489
I can think of a couple.
>Luke/Anakin's lightsaber gets recovered
>Rey's force mastery with literally no training
>>
>>63984489
1) Rey's ability to rapidly learn everything makes no sense. Every excuse for her remarkable abilities always relies on off-screen fan fiction nonsense.
2) Finn's character is supposedly on an arc from stormtrooper to hero with humanity who doesn't want to hurt people. However as the film goes on he kills more and more stormtroopers and cheers with joy every time.
3) Kylo Ren is shown to be able to stop blaster bolts in mid-air during combat, but for someone reason forgot that he has that ability when Chewie shoots him with the bowcaster.

I can't wait to hear all your off-screen head-canon excuses for this terribly sloppy writing.
>>
>>63982979
>video game
>cannon

i bet you also believe Doctor Who novels are cannon to the TV show and Agents of SHIELD cannon to the MCU movies
>>
>>63984966
Agents of SHIELD totally is canon to the movies.
>>
>>63982917
It's still 100% non-canon, the same as it was before Lucas sold it. Just because they may reference a planet or something does not make it canon. Lucas and Disney have both said that the only things that are canon pre-Disney are the movies and TCW. Everything after NOT under the Legends line is canon. KOTOR is Legends. KOTOR is not nor was it ever canon.

They have said that they will take things from the old non-canon EU, but you should never confuse that for saying that it is canon.
>>
>>63984892
No, those are pretty gud
>>
>>63985042
I'll believe it when the movies reference the show
>>
>>63982649
>Or is the dark side some kind of disease/parasite that seeks a new host once the old one died?
very close.. you see Darth Plaguis was the most powerful Sith who could create life. He died before the clone wars ended but there are theories Snoke is Plageuis reborn.
>>
>>63982837
I could care less about understanding why the Empire never fully was defeated.. I am more interested into what happened with the Gungans and why they never stepped in to help with any other wars.
kek
>>
>>63982837
>People celebrated after Stalin died
In USA? Maybe. Not in USSR.
>>
>>63984327

Reaffirming your belief the film is bad won't make it fact. It's subjective. Fuck you I liked it. Fuck me, you didnt like it as much
>>
This movie is too convoluted, was it that hard to make the movie about Rey as some girl that wants to become a Jedi and go to Luke's Academy and Ben fucking shit up and turning to the dark side? They could've even ended it the same with Rey meeting Luke but the Star Killer base shit just feels off.
>>
>>63984892
I completely agree with you on counts 1 & 2, on 3 I figured it was because he had just killed his father. So I didn't come off as too far fetched for me.

I seriously did not like how fucking good at light sabering Rey was, and how Kylo got his shit handed to him by an opponent wielding a light saber for the first time in her life.
>>
>>63983489
oh man.. I grew out of those sexual fantasies with celebs that I used to hav as a young teen.. I dont understand people having them in adulthood
>>
>>63985225
3 is a totally valid point. Killing his father does not take an emotional toll on Kylo Ren, in fact it should have made him strong. Dark side users operate based on wild emotion and deep-seeded passion. Killing the father he has hated for years should've pushed Kylo Ren into becoming an even more notable force, not made him lose to a scavenger and a janitor and completely forget to defend himself against Chewie.
>>
>>63985293
I know, it should've. But after seeing how much of a push over he was fighting Rey, to me, its obvious that he's a shitty sith apprentice. Thats just my opinion on him, because I initially felt as you do right up until the duel in the snow.
>>
>>63984892
>2) Finn's character is supposedly on an arc from stormtrooper to hero with humanity who doesn't want to hurt people. However as the film goes on he kills more and more stormtroopers and cheers with joy every time.

Because not wanting to kill innocent people and killing people who are trying to kill you are EXACTLY the same thing, right? He should have just let the stormtroopers kill him? Fuck off, faggot

>3) Kylo Ren is shown to be able to stop blaster bolts in mid-air during combat, but for someone reason forgot that he has that ability when Chewie shoots him with the bowcaster.

Kylo Ren was clearly in a fucked emotional state and had just murdered his father. He outright says "I'm being torn apart" and is a wreck at that point. He wasn't all-there, compare to the beginning where he was at the peak of his game
>>
>>63982649
The empire was big af, the rebels defeated only the commanding core of it
>>
>>63985242
>thinking 4chan's main demographic aren't children
>>
>>63982822
>JJ says they are like neo nazis
wat
>>
>>63983489
A true cuckboy faggot Star Wars fan, wow you people really exist.
>>
>>63982872
Bingo.

The dark side and it's chronicles are heavily based off of early 20th century Germany. Chances are the Empire was WW1 and now FO is WW2
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.