[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who the fuck was this guy and how was he not around in EP4,5,6?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: HzpJu.jpg (36 KB, 348x388) Image search: [Google]
HzpJu.jpg
36 KB, 348x388
Who the fuck was this guy and how was he not around in EP4,5,6?
>>
>>63981765
He's Darth Plagueis, and he wasn't around because he was laying low during Palpatine's regime since old Palpy thought he was dead.
>>
Who fucking cares
>>
>>63981971
ffs he's not Plagueis, cut the bullshit
>>63981765
he's supreme leader Snoke OP, your new master
>>
>>63982670

>supreme leader
Emperor

>starkiller
Deathstar

>Resistance
Rebellion

>First Order
Empire

I got tired of that shit real fast.
>>
>>63982670
But he literally is
>>
>>63983249
it doesn't matter. even if Disney ever call him Plagueis it will just be to pander to you not because they care about the EU.
>>
There's going to be a throwaway line where Kylo calls him Master Plagueis so that the autists can cream their pants
>>
>>63982670
He's a snork! I never trusted those water breathers
>>
>>63981765
>Who the fuck was this guy and how was he not around in EP4,5,6?

That is a story for another film.
>>
>>63983335
THE FUCK DOES PLAGUEIS HAVE TO DO WITH EU!? HES CANON SHIT FOR BRAINS
>>
>>63981765
It would make way more sense if he was Plaguis than some rando who magically appeared out of nowhere despite being alive during IV V and VI.
>>
>>63983448
people who claim Snoke=Plagueis are mostly EU fags in denial
>>
>>63981765
Pretty sure that's Voldemort OP.
>>
what am i supposed to be looking at in that mess of pixels OP?
>>
>>63983498
>Plagueis was literally created in episode III
>hurrr your just an EU fag

Do you even know what EU is faggot?
>>
>>63983565
You mean he was mentioned once in one scene

You're making him out to be a way bigger deal than he really is
>>
>>63983565
>>63983448
no, and the point is that it doesn't matter.

Snoke being Plagueis wouldn't be some awesome fucking reveal like you think. to most of the audience it would just be swapping one silly name for another, it won't have any relevance to them.

your insane attachment to the Star Wars franchise is preventing you from accepting that any serious attempt to create a persistent immersive world has been thrown in the garbage.
>>
>>63983620
not that anon but how is he doing that?
>>
>>63983565
yes, he was first mentioned in Ep.III, but his popularity comes from EU bullshit
>>
>>63981971
How could Palpatine think he was dead if they are so powerful? These motherfuckers can sense when Luke Skywalker takes a shit 30k lightyears away
>>
>>63981765
Why are people questioning shit we know for a fact won't be answered for a while?
>>
>>63983697
he probably is that big. he did after all have a throne room at a massive scale, which means it could have been built for him, as they could easily have made the hologram smaller.

Disney and JJ aren't subtle. they wanted the "main bad guy" to be intimidating so they made him fuckhuge. just like they thought throwing tantrums would make Kylo Ren scarier.
>>
>>63983692
It would serve to tie him into the story a bit more, it's actually damaging to my immersion that a powerful dark side user was active this whole time and we never heard or saw of him.

As long as they can explain where he was in IV V and VI then it's okay, he could be one of the emperor's aides for all I care
>>
>>63983442
That is a underwelmingstory for another mediocrefilm.
>>
>>63983783
>it's actually damaging to my immersion

oh well we can't have that can we? just buy more toys and arrange them in a diorama around your bed that will make you feel better.
>>
File: Tragedy.jpg (72 KB, 564x527) Image search: [Google]
Tragedy.jpg
72 KB, 564x527
>>63981765

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7rLMLjZlG0
>>
>>63982057
/thread
>>
>>63983774
wut
>>
>>63981971
The more I see this "Snoke is Plagueis" theory, the more it makes sense.

Palpatine flatout tells Anakin that Plagueis could influence the force to create life. What was stopping him from forseeing that Palpatine was going to kill his ass, but secretly make himself a new body to transfer his life essence into?
And if that is the case, maybe his new body came out wrong, and thats why Snoke looks like he hit the death sticks a little too hard.
Fucking Qui-Gon Jinn managed to turn himself into a goddamn force ghost. This isnt that much of a stretch.
>>
>>63983774
I thought the Kylo tantrum scenes was supposed to show his immaturity and lack of control rather than make us as an audience fear him. If that was what they intended then they fucked up pretty bad
>>
>>63983842
>try to have a serious discussion about a movie
>other person just starts shitposting instead

this is why /tv/ is garbage, why engage in conversation if you're just gonna be a d*ck?
>>
>>63983774
Kylo Ren threw tantrums cause hes Chester Bennington in a mask. It's part of his character
>>
>>63983774
>just like they thought throwing tantrums would make Kylo Ren scarier.
I'm pretty sure that wasn't the intention at all.
>>
How the fuck do you pronounce Plagueis?
>Play-gis
>Playj-is
>Plag-eeus
>>
>>63984320
sheev says plague-us but i think everyone else calls him play-G-us
>>
>>63984359
Who is Sheev?
>>
Can we talk about how fucking lame the name "Snoke" sounds?

It's honestly worse than fucking Sheev.
>>
>>63983774

>just like they thought throwing tantrums would make Kylo Ren scarier.

Yeah this was definitely not the intention.
>>
>>63984320
Like Vegas.
>>
>>63984389
Desenet
>>
>>63983620
>You mean he was mentioned once in one scene
>You're making him out to be a way bigger deal than he really is

Yeah and in that scene he was talked about as perhaps the most powerful sith in history and mentor to the second most
>>
>>63984389
Emperor Sheev "Darth Sidious" Palpatine
>>
>>63984058
I think the reason he is disfigured is because Palpy force-lit his ass while he was sleeping. Snoke is Plagueis, and he damn well better be because the villains thus far are pussies compared to Sheev, Vader, Maul, or Tyrannus. It's hard to get more powerful than Sidious' own master.
>>
>>63984394
This desu sempai. Sounds like some spooky smoke thing.
>>
Rumor has it that Lucas wrote Plagueis into the new trilogy and that he brings back old dead sith to life. Remember plagueis has the ability to bring people back from the dead. This will explain a major jedi vs sith battle in ep IX. The SITH weren't always two people. They used to be thousands. Darth Maul isn't dead thanks to the Clone Wars cartoon.
>>
guys, what if snoke is actually really tiny, like at knee height
>>
slenderman
>>
>>63984421
Thanks you.

>>63984425
Who is Desenet and why does every character need 3 fucking impossible names
>>
I'm kinda upset the chome stormtrooper didn't have much involvement, I wanted another Fett.
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>>63984469
>>
>>63981765
jar jar
>>
>>63984468
I thought Sheev just said he had the power to stop people from dying, not o revive them
>>
>>63984468
So how does Plagueis bring himself back from the dead then?
>>
File: old cunt eyes.jpg (7 KB, 236x299) Image search: [Google]
old cunt eyes.jpg
7 KB, 236x299
They can always retcon in a better looking guy.
>>
>>63983692
This, personally. I have no idea nor do I care who Plagueis is and I'm not even going to bother looking up his wiki entry.
>>
File: TheInquisitor.png (135 KB, 381x450) Image search: [Google]
TheInquisitor.png
135 KB, 381x450
>>63981765
He looks an awful lot like the grand inquisitor. Aged and disfigured after falling into a reactor?
>>
>>63984469
Lol..meme this
>>
>>63984448
Darth Bane is the most powerful sith to have ever lived. He is canon as well.
>>
>>63984540

this
>>
>>63984113
I am talking about the movie realistically

you are speculating about things that will never be an issue because Disney doesn't give a fuck. you are basically writing fanfiction in your head.
>>
>>63984468

Thats retarded.

So why would Plagueis bring back all the dead Sith?

Why.
>>
>>63984588
He never died. >>63984548
Sheev was too corrupt even for the SITH and couldn't sense everything. Plagueis might be dead but he can be a force ghost just like Yoda, Anakin, Obi Wan, and Qui Gon.
>>
>>63984588
force ghost force resurrection
>>
>>63984633
Yes, he was the Sithsari, but he is long gone. Plageuis is the most powerful, and only Sith alive.
>>
>>63981765
>how was he not around in EP4,5,6?

He was too busy fighting Harry Potter
>>
>>63984633
>There are many sith lords that wear masks
>Darth Bane is not one of them
>>
>>63984694
this.
>I got killed by my sith apprentice
>better bring back some siths,it's not like they'd get greedy like The Sheev
>>
>>63984077
>>63984130
>>63984311
>>63984399
for clarification: I am literally saying I think Disney and Abrams are incompetents and that you are having to explain away their poor decisions.

go and look at Nero in Abram's first Star Wars film. he basically goes through the same superficial control into gibbering rage arc.
>>
I just got back from seeing it.

Please post all images of the Stormtrooper with the mace that yells traitor. He was the best part of the movie.
>>
>>63984633

>Darth Bane is the most powerful sith to have ever lived

Isnt the whole point that each generation is stronger than the last?

If Bane was the strongest then whats the point of the whole master apprentice thing?
>>
Of course he's Plagueis, who else would he be? His face is fucked because Sheev sliced it when he "killed him". They used some of Lucas ideas and tossed what they didn't like. They used the word sith in TFA so they haven't completely abandoned the sith order as a thing. Pretty much has to be Plagieus.
>>
>>63984469

>spacelet
>>
1) He's not Plagueis, anyone who claims so is a retarded EUfaggot.

2) He's an new character from beyond the galaxy.
>>
>>63984540
Yes please be the final reveal in episode 9. Rey is ending the Sith once and for all and stabs Snoke with Luke's saber. He becomes younger as he dies and his wrinkles disappear. His figure changes into JarJars and his ears flop down. "Meeeesssaaaa Jaaarr Jaa...." fades out and credit roll
>>
This asshole was the worst thing in the movie. I don't mind a secret Sith lord lurking behind the scenes but I can't stomach the fact that space nazis once again agreed to follow some wrinkly old galactic christfag
>>
>>63984815
Plageuis is canon.
>>
File: retcon.jpg (54 KB, 1436x816) Image search: [Google]
retcon.jpg
54 KB, 1436x816
>>
>>63981765
If you pay close attention to Star Warsâ„¢ Episode VII: The Force Awakensâ„¢ you might find that Lucas Filmsâ„¢ has answered the question. If you missed it, I recommend returning to your local cinema and enjoying this generation-defining film a second time! Be part of the worldwide sensation!
>>
He's the leader of the First Order.

Not the Jedi Order. Not the Sith Order. The FIRST Order that came before either of them.
>>
Was Palpatine right in Episode 3 when he said that Vader would become the most powerful Sith? Or at least more powerful than Palpatine and Yoda?
>festive Captcha
Nice
>>
>>63984841
He was a throwaway line in RotS, everything else about him comes from the EU. Under Lucas, Plageuis was in fact not canon, but entirely EU, and EU was never canon.

I don't care if he is canon in Disney universe, so are many other shitty ideas, but Disney is smart enough not to use them.
>>
>>63984888

K, then why is the first order full of stormtroopers? Are you saying the stormtroopers are the ancestors of the Jedi and Sith?

Idiot.
>>
>>63984859
This was actually one guy's wife from the production team.
>>
>>63984836

Force persuasion, nigga. Jedi wave their hands and make people forget about droids, sith make key people think it's a good idea to listen to them.
>>
>>63984921
>He is mentioned in RotS
>Plageuis was in fact not canon

That some grade A stupid, Anon.
>>
File: 1234.png (700 KB, 1054x450) Image search: [Google]
1234.png
700 KB, 1054x450
>>63984614
side by side
>>
>>63981765
that's a story for another cash grab.
>>
>>63982670
yeah, apparently he's Anakin Skywalker's father, i heard
>>
>>63984921
So is every other character mentioned in the movies but also appears in EU stuff non-canon too?
>>
>>63984836

Well whats the alternative? Some young sith?
>>
>>63984951
It was Rick Baker's wife. He's probably one of the most famous make-up artists off all time next to Dick Smith.
>>
You guys what if he is Vader's father??
>>
>>63984815
Plague is mentioned in ep.3 bud
>>
>>63985122
Well, Plagueis might very well be. From a certain point of view.
>>
>>63981971
Then why the fuck didn't they call him that? I'm done with this stupid fucking snoke nonsense bullshit.

And why the fuck was it called the first order? There was the sith first, then the empire, then the order. Should have been the third fucking order fucking retarded Jew Jay +
>>
>>63984775
Dude died from a jedi If I remember correctly. Force ghost is real, but the writers won't bring him back. He more powerful than Vader/Anakin. Also Jar Jar might be the Ultra Sith.
>>
>>63985000
>>63985077

>"Now, there's a hint in the movie that there was a Sith lord who had the power to create life. But it's left unsaid: Is Anakin a product of a super-Sith who influenced the midichlorians to create him, or is he simply created by the midichlorians to bring forth a prophecy, or was he created by the Force through the midichlorians? It's left up to the audience to decide." - George Lucas

The director of the film himself considers it a throwaway line and that it's veracity is irrelevant to the plot. Plageuis is not a character in RotJ, he is a ambiguous tale told by Sheev to trick Anakin.

Only in the EU is Plageuis turned into actual character. Don't apply shitty EU fan fiction that came years after the film back into the movie.

Not that it matters, Disney will never use Plageuis in any capacity for a film anyway, and EUfags should move on and accept it.
>>
File: CR44n93WcAAh752.jpg (43 KB, 599x391) Image search: [Google]
CR44n93WcAAh752.jpg
43 KB, 599x391
>>63981765
he was in all the previous 6 movies
they will insert him in the inevitable 4K Editions
>>
He used to go by Lord Voldemort a long ass time ago.
>>
>>63985151
>>63985151
No one knew Sidious name as well. He was Palptine.
>>
>>63985160
Again, since you are fucking dense: Plagueis is CANON. It doesn't matter if he is only mentioned once. It doesn't matter that he never once appeared. If he is mentioned at anytime being a person in that universe from within the movies, Clone Wars, Rebels, new books, or new comics, then he is fucking canon.
>>
>>63985078
How about the First Order is run by guys who believe their cause is righteous? I know this shit is for children but it's absolutely retarded that there's once again an evil space wizard behind everything when you could inject this setting with believable politics
>>
File: 247.gif (407 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
247.gif
407 KB, 250x250
>>63985160
by only that quote you deduce that Lucas thought it was irrelevant.
>>
>>63985253
Well Luke was looking for the first Jedi Temple. My guess Snoke is part of the first Sith order.
>>
i really hope the first order get a win because im sick of this bullshit "good guyz always win"
>>
>>63984058
> Maybe Kylo or Rey is intended to be his new body.
>>
>>63985160
"Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith so powerful and so wise, he could use the Force to influence the midi-chlorians to create life. He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying."
―Palpatine

From the movie you gigantic tard. His name is fucking mentioned. Why do you even come into these threads and debate if you know nothing of the source material.
>>
>>63985323
>"good guyz always win"
Confirmed never saw ESB
>>
File: darthp.jpg (91 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
darthp.jpg
91 KB, 1920x816
>>63981765
>>Did you ever hear of the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise? It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life. After I killed him in his sleep he used this power to transfer his consciousness into the midichlorians where he lived on as a disembodied ghost within the force itself, eventually he managed to use the midichlorians to create a life in the womb of your mother. You Annakin, are his creation. Qui-Gon tried to tip everyone off to this when he said he believed the midichlorians "gave birth" to you, but no one listened. You are Plagueis will made flesh and eventually you will kill me and avenge his murder. After a few decades Plagueis will gain enough strength that he can project a physical image from within the force and talk to people in the real world, he will use this to found the First Order, and then turn Ben Solo against Luke Skywalker by pretending to be you, his grandfather, when he sends him visions. Eventually Luke will realize that the only way to destroy Plagueis is to perform an exorcism upon the force itself from within the first Jedi Temple, and so will begin his search.
>>
>>63985323
>episode 3 ROTS
>>
>>63985248
I know he is canon under Disney, I said so much in my first post you illiterate nigger.

My point is that everything about him comes form the EU, and that he is an EU character turned canon by Disney. He wasn't canon under Lucas, and is under Disney.

I don't care. Robot Darth Maul, Force Gods, and force sensitive trees are canon too under Disney. None of that shit will be in the movies because it's too stupid and obscure for the mainstream audience.

And there is nothing you can do to change the fact that Plageuis was a throwaway line, and not an actual character ina film, only made significant by later EU writers.

>>63985281
>
winters1again
Jedi Padawan

"Now there's a hint in the movie that there was a Sith lord who had the power to create life. But it's left unsaid: Is Anakin a product of a super-Sith who influenced the midichlorians to create him, or is he simply created by the midichlorians to bring forth a prophecy, or was he created by the Force through the midichlorians? It's left up to the audience to decide. How he was born ulitmately has no relationship to how he dies, because in the end, the prophecy is true: Balance comes back to the Force."

Here, have the full quote then.

>>63985347
>Legend
>George Lucas clearly states it's ambiguous and irrelevant

I don't get it, why are EUfags all such irrational man-children that won't let go of their fan fiction?
>>
>>63985430
So he is Vader's father and therefore Kylo Ren's great grandfather. This makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>63984681
I'm just pointing out a small flaw, you're getting really defensive about it for some reason. If you don't think they're going to give snoke any sort of backstory then I'd say that's a bit silly. Characters usually have a small amount of thought put into them before they're placed into a movie
>>
>>63984739
I'm not explaining anything away, just telling you my interpretation of the scene. You can have a different opinion and that's okay
>>
File: sheev's yearbook.jpg (484 KB, 944x464) Image search: [Google]
sheev's yearbook.jpg
484 KB, 944x464
>>63983843
oh mang
>>
>>63985446
>He wasn't canon under Lucas, and is under Disney.

The quote that I just gave was from Revenge of the Sith, a movie that Lucas did you gigantic fucking retard. Plagueis hasn't been mentioned once any any of the Disney series or books to my knowledge.
>>
>>63985446

The only thing canon about him is that he was Sheev's master and Sheev killed him in his sleep. And really in that speech he doesn't say how long ago it was, if Sheev has been keeping himself alive a long time with Plagueis technique then he could be hundreds of years old.

I know Sheev and Plagueis had detailed backstories, ages and everything else but ALL of that is erased and non-canon now along with the rest of the EU. The only thing we know is he was Sheev's master, could create life, and Sheev murdered him.
>>
>>63985595

And who better a villain to follow up Palpatine than Palpatine's master?
>>
>>63985157

Im embarassed to admit that I read the Darth Bane wookiepedia. He was killed by his apprentice.
>>
>>63985587

There was some book about him in 2012, but it doesn't matter its all non-canon now along with everything else.
>>
My sides would be in orbit if Jar Jar turns out to be Darth Plagueis.
>>
>>63985253

What about an old space wizard who believes their cause is righteous?
>>
>>63985629
I still cant tell if that whole page is real or made up by a baneposter
>>
Cmon guys. Did you see how much fan service was done in TFA? You goys really think theyd just make up a main character out of nothing?
>>
>>63985741

Its real. It all actually happened.
>>
>>63985631
Yes, there was a book simply called Darth Plagueis. Never read it nor any of the other EU books because most looked stupid as fuck. However, Plagueis is canon.
>>
>>63985253
Calm down. Did you miss the entire Hux speech? It's obvious Snoke is lined up with/fleshed out their manifesto. They do believe their cause is righteous and they do believe the Republic/Senate aren't for everyone's best interests.
>>
>>63985773

He's canon, yes. The book about him, his backstory, and everything else about him besides the fact he was Sheev's master is now non-canon though. All we know about him is his name really.

>The character was created by George Lucas as early as the first draft of Revenge of the Sith—dated April 2003—and possibly earlier than that.[8] His story was massively expanded upon in the 2012 novel Darth Plagueis, written by James Luceno. However, that story is part of the Star Wars legends continuity, formerly known as the "Expanded Universe," and is therefore not official canon.[9]
>>
>>63985782
Cmon brah that Hitler speech was just weird and not SW like at all. Worst part of the movie by far
>>
>>63981765
He's a big guy
>>
>>63985915
I dunno. I liked it. It was his best dialogue and he made me feel it. Pretty intense tbqfh familia.
>>
>>63981765
He's Greedo
>>
>>63985015
The grand inquisitor is part of the race of people on utapau we see in episode 3
>>
>>63981765
That's Skullface. He was actually running everything from the shadows in the original trilogy.
>>
File: 1450829295782.jpg (43 KB, 599x591) Image search: [Google]
1450829295782.jpg
43 KB, 599x591
>>63984713
>>
>>63983734
He's an extremely powerful sith lord. He can probably cloak himself in the Force or something.
>>
>>63985976
>I dunno. I liked it.

woah don't blow us away with the intensity of your enjoyment of the film.
>>
>>63984633

for you
>>
>>63985430
>Did you ever hear of the tragedy of Moot the Wise?
>No.
>I thought not. It's not a story the Redditors would tell you. It's a 4chan legend. Moot was a webmaster so powerful and so wise he could use the Internet to influence anons to create... memes. He had such knowledge of 4chan, he could even keep the memes he cared about... from dying.
>He could actually.... save memes from death?
>4chan is a pathway to many things some consider to be unnatural.
>What happened to him?
>He became so powerful, that the only thing he was afraid of was... losing his power. Which eventually of course he did. Unfortunately, he taught his girlfriend everything he knew, then his girlfriend cucked him in his sleep. Ironic... he could save memes from death, but not his relationship.
>Is it possible to learn this power?
>Not from the Redditors.
>>
>>63981765
wasn't born yet. young guy.
>>
>>63983565

>People assume that plagueis was a real character and Palpatine wasn't just trying to influence Anakin.

HE WANTED ANAKIN TO THINK THAT IF HE WORKED REAL HARD HE COULD HAVE ENOUGH POWER TO SAVE HIS WAIFU. HE WAS JUST MAKING SHIT UP.
>>
>>63985976
>give giant speech to entire army
>put 10 of them in tie fighters while the rest sit around waiting to blowup while you charge your buttcannon
Fucking pointless
>>
>>63985015
OH shit that boi on the left is what Darth Snork look like ???
>>
>>63984469
I think Snoke looks nothing like his hologram. Maybe he's a droid, or just a regular guy. Who knows.
>>
>>63986160
11/10
>>
File: ive sheev some shit.jpg (40 KB, 279x292) Image search: [Google]
ive sheev some shit.jpg
40 KB, 279x292
This explains everything fags
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7rLMLjZlG0
>>
I'm not sure why people would prefer him being some random new powerful sith lord instead of someone that's already been established
>>
File: Darth_Bane_canon.png (431 KB, 500x640) Image search: [Google]
Darth_Bane_canon.png
431 KB, 500x640
>>63984633
>lurking wookieepedia
>tell me about Bane
>realize now he wears a mask

why did they change his "Legends" design? I liked it better
>>
>>63981765

Because supreme leader Bill Nighy was busy being a Vampire.
>>
File: but why.png (398 KB, 442x513) Image search: [Google]
but why.png
398 KB, 442x513
>>63986720
>I'm not sure why people would prefer him being some random new powerful sith lord
>instead of someone that's already been established

it's just like in those chinese cartoons
it's get down to stupid power level bullshit contest
like in those chinese cartoons
>here is a bad guy, he does bad stuff
>luckily out heroes kill him
>but oh no! he was merely a pawn
>here is an even more bad guy, he does bad stuff
>you can clearly see that he is more evil cuz he was previous bad guy master
>luckily out heroes kill him
>but oh no! he was merely a pawn
>here is an even more bad guy, he does bad stuff
>you can clearly see that he is more evil cuz he was previous bad guy master
>luckily out heroes kill him...
>>
He's Supreme Leader Snoke and I think he's supposed to have been out in the Unknown Regions while the saga was happening, or something?

I'm sure we'll find out in VIII, but Rian Johnson will probably have to invent a backstory for him, because it's not like Abrams ever thinks about anything.
>>
File: 1450670783646.jpg (131 KB, 485x458) Image search: [Google]
1450670783646.jpg
131 KB, 485x458
>>63985446
>he's this mad about Star Wars
>>
>>63986818
>why did they change his "Legends" design?
and I am mostly curious about the mask - tell me why does he wear it?
>>
File: 1446830990469.png (254 KB, 400x516) Image search: [Google]
1446830990469.png
254 KB, 400x516
>tfw Rian Johnson is a confirmed prequel fag.
>>
>>63986679

Holy shit.
>>
>Vader is dutch for father.
>Snoek is dutch for pike
>Gungans were designed with pike as a major influence
>Itwasjarjarallalong
>>
>>63987137
But how do the dutch relate to anything? Was Lucas dutch?

>>63987126
Video is pretty gud but he sounds like a reddit fag, I hadn't heard about the anakin conception theory though
>>
>>63981765
He's just a hologram. Or maybe even a reanimated body, possibly Sheev's corpse.

The real evil mastermind behind the entire Star Wars saga is Darth Plagueis. Or perhaps you know him better as Jar Jar Binks.
>>
>>63981971
He isn't Plagueis. When designing him Jew Jew thought about making Snoke a woman.
>>
>>63987239
When designing Vader, Lucas just knew he would be Luke's father so he went through various languages till he found something related that sounded cool enough.
Same thing this time but for Pike
>>
I bet Disney spurgs out and start fucking with the original trilogy saying Darth Plagueis was behind the scenes pulling the strings and do some flashback where it turns out he was training Luke and Yoda was all a hologram to eventually BTFO Palpatine and hand him Kylo Ren on a platter
>>
File: Oh_My_Sides!.jpg (8 KB, 199x200) Image search: [Google]
Oh_My_Sides!.jpg
8 KB, 199x200
>>63986160
>tragedy of Moot the Wise
>>
>>63987245
ISSA MEE, DE AUTHOR OF ALL YOUSA BOMBAD PAIN
>>
>>63984510
And what you got was a Fettette
>>
>>63987383

No, it's pure coincidence.

Darth Vader appears in several earlier drafts as a name applied to an Imperial officer before finally being used for Vader in IV.

And the "I am your father" twist was very much not the case in V's first draft, which has Anakin's own ghost show up on Dagobah to guide Luke. It happened in a later draft.
>>
File: 1415051134747.jpg (68 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1415051134747.jpg
68 KB, 360x360
>>63987435
kek
>>
File: 1374158209777.jpg (329 KB, 840x706) Image search: [Google]
1374158209777.jpg
329 KB, 840x706
>>63986160
>>
File: 1396300969897.gif (2 MB, 297x229) Image search: [Google]
1396300969897.gif
2 MB, 297x229
>>63987435

10/10
>>
>>63987041
I guess nobody cared who he was.

Until he put on the mask.
>>
>>63984836
Not everyone worships ethnic woman like you do you pussy on a pedestal faggot
>>
>>63984469
I was thinking at first how cool it was that the big bad guy was a literal big bad guy. Like a fucking giant with a fucking giant lightsaber, but I was disapointed when it was a hologram.
>>
File: 1448933624288.jpg (51 KB, 368x425) Image search: [Google]
1448933624288.jpg
51 KB, 368x425
>>63987435
Oh boy MEESA LAUGHA BIG KEK
>>
>>63987435
Replace "save memes from death and dying with" meme magic that could influence real world events.
Then for the cucking part, add "his girlfriend cucked him in his sleep with a Nip shitposter" and it's perfrect.
>>
>>63986318
Have you not seen the movie?

He looks something like the middle concept art, but older and more wrinkly.
>>
File: image.png (195 KB, 486x218) Image search: [Google]
image.png
195 KB, 486x218
>>63984469
>>
>>63987435
meesa kekken, anoneeemasa!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOf3hhsjtOg
>>
the "who gives a fuck crowd"

im not a huge fan, but if it is plagus

those are major major implications..
killing a random old guy, is different than the greatest sith of all time that palpatine even got manipulated by
>>
>>63983498

It's actually the exact opposite. Making Snoke Plagueis would be one of the more straightforward erasures of old canon.
>>
SHEEEEEEEEEEEEVE
>>
File: Anakin's decision.jpg (41 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
Anakin's decision.jpg
41 KB, 852x480
I want Snoke to be a completely new character and NOT a Sith.

Anakin Skywalker is the Chosen One. He was supposed to destroy the Sith, and he did. In the new Disney canon, they still haven't established that the Sith return, or even that they can, and I really think they shouldn't.

I want his sacrifice to mean something. I don't want the end of Return of the Jedi to just get completely walked back. I want the Sith to be gone for good.
>>
File: sauropod climax.jpg (83 KB, 525x525) Image search: [Google]
sauropod climax.jpg
83 KB, 525x525
>>63986160
>>
>>63987435
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq559Vzc5MA

You don't wanna know how deep the rabbit hole goes
>>
Will it be some form of a guy who mentored Palpatine? Absolutely

Will it be the Plaguies that the we're familiar with from the old EU? Unlikely

it's not necessarily a bad thing
>>
>>63986089
But if he is so powerful, how can he hide all that power?
>>
>>63985335
Oh shit
>you now realize that Rey is a clone made from DNA harvested from the corpse of Darth Vader
>>
>>63985430

>he was a good friend
>>
File: i-am-your-father.jpg (91 KB, 920x690) Image search: [Google]
i-am-your-father.jpg
91 KB, 920x690
Okay no bullshit Lucasfilm revisionist hype. How big of a deal was this back in 1980? Didn't most of the fanbase already know because of the David Prowse leaks?
>>
>>63981765
His name is Sifo Dyas. He was on the Jedi council and ordered the clone army
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-22-23-04-20.png (132 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-22-23-04-20.png
132 KB, 480x800
Dumbass villain like like a pussyass from the devils rejects....
>>
>>63988411
would have been better if Kylo Ren had no master. He just learned of the Sith and the dark side during his training and decided to tap into it so he could become the singularly most powerful being in the galaxy. Whats the point of abandoning your family just to be a slave/footsoldier for some weird space dude?
>>
>>63987113
will he bring back Sheev?
>>
Didn't like him.

He looks super generic and obviously cgi.

They should've had him gesture less and just sit almost motionless in his chair obscured by darkness.
>>
>>63985571
>.
Why is Palpatine with the S's in the yearbook - fail for alphebetical error
>>
>>63988411
Actually he was supposed to bring balance to the force.
>>
>>63990585
His real name is Palpatine Sheev
>>
>>63990292
>obviously CGI
Is this bait?
>>
File: 1448161874618.jpg (33 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1448161874618.jpg
33 KB, 576x432
>yfw its revealed snoke is grand moff tarkin
>>
>>63991141
I didnt even know what a vagina was the first time I saw this guy and I knew something was off about him
>>
>>63986679
Bretty gool.
>>
>>63986975
Abrams is qualitatively the same as America's debt.
>>
>>63984469
I can pretty much guarantee you that this is true.
>>
>>63984510
Her willingness to lower the shields when held captive by Finn and Solo was odd. Maybe she turns out to be a double agent in the next movie.
>>
>>63987597
>>63987041
I can't wait till I ask one of you meme-spouting diaper enthusiasts a legitimate question on the street, and you somehow find a way to relate it to 2bg4U. I will proceed, as if programmed by mk-ultra-style brainwashing, to throw an immediate left hook to your jaw, KOing you while standing. You will then fall back like a piece of plywood and crack the rear of your skull on the concrete. I will then convince everyone in the immediate vicinity, with the promise of 1 dollar, or a free bus ticket, to make their way to my position so as to give you a few boots and stomps to your head and neck.
>>
>>63991743
I hope this is a copypasta

hothead
>>
>>63991478
Yeah that makes no sense.
>Apparently we are kidnapped and trained from birth to be meatgrinder shock infantry but I value my life enough to go against this whole organization. By the way fuck that guy he's a TRAITOR.
>>
>>63988707
With UNLIMITED POWER
>>
Let me get this elephant out of the room

Is he really 30 feet tall? how the fuck would they fight this guy? is he gonna run around with a giant lightsaber where everybody has to do some acrobatic shit to propel themselves in the air just to fight him? are we gonna see some huge ass mecha jedi robots to fight him ala power ranger?
>>
>>63985773
>Never read one of the best Star Wars novels because "hurr EU sucks"

Faggot
>>
>>63981971

THIS. Snoke IS Plagueis. His cranium is all twisted and fucked up because Palpatine stroke it with his lightsaber while Snoke was sleeping and left him for death. Plagueis entered some sort of Sith trance and took him years to regenerate his brain and shit. He awoke just as the Emperor was killed and during the 30 years that followed secretely engineered the First Order... (fleet army and Starkiller)
>>
File: 1438784921747.png (753 KB, 1008x672) Image search: [Google]
1438784921747.png
753 KB, 1008x672
>>63986160
>Is it possible to learn this power?
>Not from the Redditors.
>>
>>63991889
Isn't she implying exactly that by turning the shields down, even if she isn't a double agent?
>>
I hope you illiterate dumbfuck EU haters realize Plagueis was mentioned In Tarkin which is canon
>>
>>63991925
Whatever it is, it will at least be a new type of battle for the series
>>
>>63992045
>EU reader
>considers himself literate
>>
>>63985151
>Then why the fuck didn't they call him that?

>Anakin Skywalker -> Darth Vader
>Emperor Palpatine -> Darth Sidious
>Count Dooku -> Darth Tyranus
>Supreme Leader Snoke -> Darth Plagueis

Maybe use your head m8
>>
>>63991925
>Is he really 30 feet tall?

Did you watch the bootleg or did you watch it at the theater? Because a theater viewing makes it pretty obvious that it's some sort of enlarged, holographic projection.
>>
>>63992098

It wasnt enlarged, nor was it implied
>>
>>63991070
Nice reverse bait.
>>
>>63992098
Projection not withstanding, I surmise we are in for an expository treat that delights us in the ways that it expounds and expands upon the formidable capabilities posessed by one Supreme Leader Snoke, defacto head of the First Order, master of Kylo, not a nigger.
>>
>>63983620
He's literally the death of the force.
A force void.
Rey is the Jedi Exile.
Also a force void
>>
>>63992045
you dense motherfucker

Yes Plageuis is canon.

He exists

that's all we know after the Legends wipe

The Plageuis from the old EU isn't the default until Disney takes the initiative.

Can you understand that much? I sadly don't think you can.
>>
>>63981765
>Who the fuck was this guy and how was he not around in EP4,5,6?
- a 'Stranger'
- Dark City was was only made 1998
>>
>>63984633
Banes claim to fame is surviving the Sith killing each other en masse in petty squabbles for power while getting wiped out by the Jedi, but the Sith Apprentice eventually killing his master thing predates the rule of two.
Before the rule of two the sith were numerous and actively sought out force sensitives and attempted to convert jedi
>>
>>63984915
Pre-Mustafar, he probably had the potential.
>>
>>63991070

He looks like his asset was straight up imported from a Hobbit movie.
>>
>>63992433
>IT WAS A HOLOGRAM
>>
>>63984633
Banes claim to fame was survival and the rule of two adapted from revans holocrons.
The idea is the less Sith there are, the more powerful the dark side pools up in them, the same applies to Jedi.
>>
File: Vader-Palpatine-ESB.jpg (56 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Vader-Palpatine-ESB.jpg
56 KB, 500x375
>>63991925

Are you that retarded? You better be trollin' son...
>>
>>63984775
no the point is the less force masters there are in the light/dark side the more powerful those who remain will be, it's why Sheev was wiping out rooms full of jedi - theres ton's of jedi but only 2 dark side masters
>>
>>63981765
Snoke mind-wiped everyone to forget that he was around.
>>
>>63984921
I thought the books with Plagueis and Palpatine books came out after ROTS.
Dath Plagueis is literally the only historical Sith mentioned in either the OT or the Prequels
>>
>He's Darth Plagueis, the guy who can stop death
>Darth Vader died
>Kylo Ren fetishizes Vader
>Hayden Christensen isn't busy for the next few years

hmm
>>
>>63985077
>Luke Skywalker isn't canon
>>
>>63992753
That's what the guy I was replying to thinks yeah
>>
>>63983155
>WTF THERE'S GOOD GUYS AND BAD GUYS.
I want post-modernists to go, everything doesn't have to be 2deep4u
>>
>>63992095
But none of those names sound like studio execs threw a headless chicken into a room full of shitty names and chose the one it shat on before dying.
>>
i think he may just be darth sidious who survived the fall by levitating and theyre gonna do some gay prequel sequence bullshit like they did with gollum and smeagol in the third lord of the rings with andy sarkis
>>
>>63992791
I know, he's too retarded to get the joke though
>>
>>63981765
This guy was so lame. His design is so fucking boring, he might as well be a gray alien. He literally looks like ayy lmao.

I was initially proud of the film for using plenty of practical effects and prosthetic makeup, and then I was really annoyed by the minions-looking woman. She looked good, but she won't in 10 years. And it will be the same with this loser.
>>
>>63992719
>Plagueis, Kylo, and Zombie Vader team up
terrifying
>>
>>63992955
I doubt they will do anything that changes the meaning of the originals that much.
>>
>>63985430
Fuck that's good. I want this to be true.
>>
>>63985430
He could be the Sauron of the Star Wars universe.
>>
>>63983774
except hes confirmed to be like 7 ft tall u cunts, look it up.
>>
>>63986679

Snoke = Plagueis (fuck i hate the name Plagueis though) makes the most sense.

They can't just throw away the concepts introduced in the prequels, and the Plagueis story was an interesting little loose end.

They're in need of a worthy "big bad", and introducing Plagueis would be a good way to strongly tie in something from the prequels without crapping up the new movies.

They're also now forced to adhere to the canonical "rule of two", which at this point seems obvious: Snoke/Plagueis is grooming Kylo as the second Sith. It's like pottery.
>>
>>63984951
This is not true
>>
File: snoke-jarjar.png (1 MB, 1036x600) Image search: [Google]
snoke-jarjar.png
1 MB, 1036x600
>>63987245
Fuck me that's actually pretty scarey
>>
>>63981765
Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?
>>
>>63989694
that triggers me, the actual line is "No, I am your father."
>>
>>63993503
End of Ep VIII the camera pans into a hooded figure.
>Double sided labersaber erects.
>Pans into the shadawy chracter face
>He takes off his hood
>MEESA THINK YOU DIDN'T KNOW I WAS THE AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.
>JUMPS TWENTY FEET IN THE AIR TO FIGHT LUKE AND REY
>CREDITS ROLL.
>>
>>63985571
>tfw Disney wont make a young Sheev movie starring Dane Dehaan
>>
>>63993913
Needs a *record skip* after he takes off his hood.
>>
>>63993944
Nah more like a Nolan BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
>>
File: 1450398560485.jpg (13 KB, 540x438) Image search: [Google]
1450398560485.jpg
13 KB, 540x438
>>63986160
>>
>>63992845
What are you talking about? Even the good guys vs bad guys thing needs some variety or it gets old.
James Bond franchise for example is always good vs bad, but each bad guy is a different character. This cunt is a carbon copy of the Emperor from the OT. Literally a glib facsimile
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.