[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you think of the Hateful Eight?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6
What did you think of the Hateful Eight?
>>
File: 1446701234757.gif (2 MB, 300x334) Image search: [Google]
1446701234757.gif
2 MB, 300x334
>>63980485
i liked it
>>
>>63980485
died second half.
>>
>black men and white men can come together to kill white women

Poetry.
>>
I might watch it if it comes out on netflix
>>
it was shit

tarintino literally can't make a movie without shoving his obsession with black penis into the viewers face. literally not even /pol/, i liked finn in star wars....
>>
watching it now, its not his best work but its entertaining
>>
File: cuck.webm (891 KB, 720x260) Image search: [Google]
cuck.webm
891 KB, 720x260
>>63980485
>>
>>63980915
>every time she opens her mouth she gets smacked in the mouth
>everyone refers to her either as bitch or tramp
>gets toes blown off
>gets hanged in the end
Tumblr feminist reactions when?
>>
I thought it was kind of overblown and self-important. 3 hours of movie just to pull off a clever plot twist. But it was fun all the same.
>>
a little disappointing frankly
>>
>>63982467
>overblown and self-important
We already knew it was a Tarantino movie
>>
It was pretty shitty

Everything about the movie just seemed off. Don't know how to put my finger on it. Even the ending felt like the cast just kind of made it up on the spot
>>
BIG

BLACK

PECKER
>>
Great movie, captivating and pretty much all within a cabin, classic Tarantino violence and humour too
>>
Gay rape scenes / 10
>>
I watche H8 a couple of days ago, and today I watched TFA.

Tomorrow I'm gonna watch H8 again, I'm never watching TFA never ever again.

H8 has everything a movie needs, it was a masterpiece
>>
>>63982569
It all seemed like he was just imitating himself.
>>
BIG

BLACK

JOHNSON
>>
>>63980485
howdy, african american
>>
BIG

BLACK

DINGUS
>>
THAT DINGUS BE WARM.

Enjoyed the end though. Bitches be put in their place.
>>
It was just another Tarantino movie - you know what you're getting. The forced oral sex was a good attempt at controversy I guess - he's probably really disappointed that it hasn't caused an uproar.
>>
>>63982830

he made the fatal mistake of it happening to a white man, who no one cares what happens to
>>
>>63980485

h8 was gr8

<:)
>>
>>63982154
/tv/ is far more triggered than sjws over this movie.
>>
It was fun.
>>
Should have been just 2 hours long but it was pretty good.
>>
what did you all think of quentin tortellini's narration?
>>
H8d it.
>>
>>63983745
that was odd, completely took me out of it.
>>
>>63983745
Would be better if it weren't narration. But the movie is already 3 hours long so it was ok.
The movie is pretty much what you would expect from Tarantino. Entertaing, might watch again.
>>
>>63980485
Not watching it, thanks for asking.
>>
>>63984022
Edgy. What else didn't you watch?
>>
>>63982830
>attempt at controversy
It was hilarious.
I don't understand all the butthurt over it.
/tv/ must be full of self hating homosexuals.
>>
>"tales of black penises in white mouths"

Not even kidding, tarantino actually says that in the film when he's doing narrating. What the fuck? I get the while point of the scene but why add that line? Really put me off and made me think there's sub subliminal shit going on here.
>>
>>63984065
Most of this year's offerings tá Žbá Žh.
>>
File: waltongoggins__130927162004.jpg (947 KB, 1364x1859) Image search: [Google]
waltongoggins__130927162004.jpg
947 KB, 1364x1859
Best character
>>
This movie is so symbolic and is a perfect representation of what needs to happen in our current society.

It's about men putting aside racism and confronting the real problem: 3rd Wave feminism

That is what Daisy and Channing Tatum and the other 3represent the SJWs that have been corrupting everything in society nowadays

This movie is a pure 10/10
>>
>>63984234
You are just projecting your fears.
Was niggers balls beeing shot off a subliminal message too?
>>
>>63984234

I dont think its that subliminal

homeboy loves BBC
>>
>>63984256
Why do you browse /tv then? To show us how much you don't care?
>>
>>63984291
Nice point of view.
>>
>>63984366
>/tv/
>TELEVISION and film

Gee, I don't know why?
>>
>>63984366
>Why do you browse /tv then?
I do imbibe quite a bit of tv and film, just couldn't be assed for most of what played in theaters recently.
>To show us how much you don't care?
This is the first thread the spirit moved me to share the fact I'm not interested in Tarantino any more.
>>
>>63984453
Seeing how its 90% starwars I don't really get your point mate.
>>
Film is LITERALLY SAVED by the final act, is incredibly underwhelming for the two hours leading up to it.

>Mini flashback has more tension and payoff than the entire two hours preceding it
>based Goggins gets to shine in the final 30 minutes

This is really Goggins' film and I wish he was surrounded by a better movie, hell, one of the only reasons I hope Tarantino continues to make movies is that I hope he gets used just as regularly in them as Samuel L Jackson.
>>
>>63984271
I hope that he gets nominated for an Oscar.

Him and Jennifer Jason Leigh deserve it.
>>
>>63984492
It's a Tarantino film. The First half is always "boring" because it's used to set everything up
>>
>>63984511
Both will get nominated for an oscar
>>
>>63984615
Here's hoping they win it, too.
>>
>>63980485
i was actually surprised, the entire time i thought the woman was going to outsmart everyone and win at the end, but apparently i was wrong
>>
>>63984532
Bullshit. Reservoir Dogs, of which this film is most closely related too nearly a Western set remake of, has all of it's best scenes in the first half. Pulp Fiction too has plenty of iconic and entertaining moments in the first half. And Inglorious Basterds opens with one of Tarantino's greatest scenes ever, and it's other centerpiece, the basement, happens what, halfway through? Blaming the first 2 acts of this film being boring because it's Tarantino is retarded.
>>
>>63982079
Is Samuel L Jackson gay in this movie?

Is the person who wrote this film gay?
>>
>>63984532
poetry
>>
>>63984763
>Is the person who wrote this film gay?
No, but he is a known cuck though
>>
>>63984291
now, that's some insight I can get with
>>
>>63984687
Those movies are old Tarantino though. Tarantino since Kill Bill (over a decade ago) has been doing his movies this current way
>>
>>63984763
>it's a black male thing
>>
>>63984687
>>63984864
And in the case of inglorious basterds there was still that distinct 1st half and 2nd half feel
>>
>>63984291
>>63984441
>>63984822
To further add

Kurt Russell character represents the embodiment of manliness [/spoiler] which is subsequently killed by the SJWs[/spoiler]
>>
Will the three hour version see a BR release? I want to hear the overture and intermission
>>
>>63984942
>implying I know how spoilers work
>>
>>63984864
>>63984909

Yes, but my point is that this first 2 acts in this film are surprisingly shitty and underwhelming, and it has nothing to do with how the film is staged and everything to do with it's content. It's just poorly done, doubly so when you consider that the simple setup has yielded fantastic results for Tarantino before in Reservoir Dogs and the basement scene of Basterds.

The tension is surprisingly tame considering the setup, which is probably the greatest failure. The mini flashback has more tension and payoff than the entire film preceding it. Then when we come back Goggins takes the reigns and nearly singlehandedly saves the movie.
>>
>>63985218
The first 2 chapters are meant to build character motives and personality there wasn't supposed to be much tension because the reason to be tense wasn't come to light until the Coffee. You can't get much action on a movie where the entire setting is pretty much in 1 cabin. It was not poorly done and it says a lotlot about you that you would think that

If you are mad because there was no action then I'm sorry maybe you should stick to marvel movies or other capeshit
>>
>>63984820
>he is a known cuck though

Explain please
>>
>>63985484
he takes it in the butt
>>
File: 1431461062355.gif (2 MB, 320x179) Image search: [Google]
1431461062355.gif
2 MB, 320x179
>>63982830
If he wanted controversy it should of been a white woman being raped instead.
>>
>>63982830
In the context of the movie it wasn't really anything, it was actually really funny. The way it was shot with the camera panning over the old dudes eyes was awesome.

It would have been a lot more fun if there were more clues leading up to the twist. The movie is framed as a sort of closed-room mystery but I think it would be pretty much impossible to guess the twist from what you're given. I mean, did anyone work out what was going on while watching it the first time?
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.