[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do we all agree at least she was the worst character in the new movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 6
File: Maz.jpg (227 KB, 1050x1056) Image search: [Google]
Maz.jpg
227 KB, 1050x1056
Do we all agree at least she was the worst character in the new movie?
>>
>>63978057
That's not Rey
>>
>>63978057
Yes. There was no reason for her to be cgi.
>>
>>63978075
Nigga u gay
>>
>>63978057
Why was she sexually attracted to Chewbacca, what was the reasoning there?
>>
>>63978057

She was ok. I thought she looked awesome tbvh, but it's clear something was off, like having some scenes left on the cutting room floor, leaving her role a bit incomplete.
>>
>>63978057
Yeah. She just felt out of place, like she belonged in Men in Black or something, not Star Wars.
>>
>>63978152
dude aliens lmao
>>
>>63978111
and cgi characters still suck, even snoke

looks fake. moves fake. bad script. bad acting. fake movements.

how did district 9 aliens look so real so many years ago?
>>
>>63978152
BIG
I
G
>>
>>63978159
I felt the same
>>
>>63978152

Does there have to be a reason?
>>
My question is why did they build up so much for this character as well as Captain Phasma, only to give them minor parts and little screen time?
>>
>>63978057
Maz katana should be erased from tfa
>>
>>63978057
HAN SOLO
>>
>>63978057
She was pretty fucking pointless. Out of nowhere a female yoda type batch that owns a cantina and just happens to have Luke's saber. Wtf?
>>
she looks like shit and her "le i can see into your soul through le eyes" was a fucking meme
>>
>>63978057
>HOW DID YOU OBTAIN THIS?
>Story for another time

Instant hate instant drop.
>>
Why was she CGI
>paint Lupita Nyong'o orange
>give her a baldcap
>draw on some wrinkles
Was that so hard
>>
>>63978500

Holy shit you should be a director
>>
poor attempt at yoda
>>
>>63978500
think hard as to why they wouldnt do this....
>>
>>63978152
Species equality in space. Nobody has a beef with anyone's race and shit like that.

One thing I did notice recurring through all the Star Wars movies though is the fact that droids are always treated like shit by aliens and treated like humans by humans.

Humans probably being the most advanced race in Star Wars, you can assume they invented intelligent robots first and gave them something equal to human rights.
>>
I have no qualms with her role in the movie aside from the fact that it was weirdly understated and felt like a very bizarre aside. That being said, her character design is one of the worst in the SW series. At least Jar Jar had a good aesthetic design to him even if the CGI was bad.
>>
>>63978621
lol
>>
did they really need to hire an oscar winning actress to mocap some character with 5 minutes of screentime
>>
>>63978480
>First Order is evil.
>NO SHIT
>>
>>63978215
Watch district9 again. The aliens you thought looked "so real" will look more fake than you remember. I call it the district9 effect (not really) as the movie is the best example of how graphics always looked good back then and look dated as fuck now.
>>
>>63978057
GO BACK TO CHINA!
>>
>>63978730
that didn't happen when i saw maz. i instantly thought she looked terrible. when i watched D9 in theatres i instantly thought howthefuck did they make them look so real
>>
>be JJ
>cast oscar-winning nigress as VA to satisfy my SJW needs
>she can't VA for SHIT
>can't fire her because that would be racist
Such is the life of a cück.
>>
File: 210495-screenshot_lrg_14.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
210495-screenshot_lrg_14.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>63978730
Dunno m8 still looks OK to me.
>>
>>63978152
It's an old lady joke.
>>
>>63978945
I know that, I was just saying that if you look at D9 now they look just as shitty as Maz
>>
>>63979022
Sheeeit man, apart from the eyes I could barely tell its CG
>>
WOOKIE'D
>>
>>63978057
Yeah, I suppose. Rey's just as bad, but at least she's not CGI.
>>
>>63978152
This >>63979037 you autists. She followed up the boyfriend like with "I like that Wookiee"; obviously teasing.
>>
>>63978480
It was dropped into a gas giant

How the fuck did she get it
>>
I liked her.

I think Phasma wins that award.
>>
>>63978057
What the hell happened to her after the battle? She just disappeared.
>>
>>63979486
>How the fuck did she get it
Oh, just because she's a woman, she's incapable of doing anything? Spotted the sexist shitlord.
>>
>>63979517
Phasma was so irrelevant i couldnt even form an opinion on her
>>
>>63979486
>It was dropped into a gas giant
Why did this happen?
>>
>>63979022
the mockumentary style with with lots of focus changes and camera waggle helped a lot.
still very good CGI in every blomkamp movie i saw.
>>
>>63978057
I liked her whole sarcastic granny act tbpuwy (to be perfectly upfront with you) familiara.

Rey was by far a much more 2D character and Ridley is a horrible actress with a way too wide face.
>>
>>63978057
Her name is another form of the Iroquoian word for Canada. Almost as retarded as Snoke.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_of_Canada
>>
>>63979666
Vader cut of Luke's hand, and the saber dropped into Cloud City's big shaft or whatever. Since Luke got deposited out the underside when he dropped down the saber must have dropped into Bespin.
>>
>>63978306

Toys, for kids. I think most adults didn't ride the hype train, I certainly didn't.
>>
>>63979486

It was obviously b8 intended to troll autismals, and for that I raise a glass because I fucking love trolling autisms.
>>
>>63979978
>the saber must have dropped

You left off the bit about you assuming that happened.
>>
>>63979978
Maybe it got caught on some nook or ledge
>>
>>63978646
>droids are always treated like shit by aliens and treated like humans by humans
The bartender in IV said that "their kind" had to wait outside so I think droid prejudice exists in all species.
>>
>>63979486
It was the will of The Force.
>>
>>63979022
Holy fuck, that looks pretty fucking rad
>>
>>63979486
Did you SEE it drop into the gas giant or just fall out Luke's hand?
>>
File: Antz[1].jpg (48 KB, 714x358) Image search: [Google]
Antz[1].jpg
48 KB, 714x358
>>63978057
Do you think Weitz will write her into rogue one?
>>
>>
>>63979022
christ, thats a 2009 film? how did they do this? looks way ahead of its time
>>
>>63978646
>>63980555

This was one of the biggest inconsistencies between the world established in the OT and TFA. In the OT nobody gives a shit about droids, even the main characters. Theyre treated like appliances. Luke only goes off to rescue R2 in IV because he's worried about getting in shit for losing an expensive droid. After the Death Star battle when R2 gets completely fucking blasted to shit and C3PO is freaking out Luke is just like "Yeah whatever he'll be fine" and then he runs off to party.

Meanwhile in TFA Rey goes and "rescues" a droid she has never met from a scavenger because she thinks he was going to sell him for scrap? Why does she give a fuck?
>>
>>63979486
It fell into that big hole. Theres no indication that the side-passage luke fell into is also where the lightsaber fell
>>
I will say that Lupita Nyong'o's voice was adorable.
>>
>>63979486
the force mayne
>>
>>63978111
Lupita would have been a better character if she wasn't cgi. At least she would have been eye candy.
>>
I wouldn't mind the character if she actually did anything meaningful. She basically existed as an excuse for a cantina scene and a way to bring Luke's lightsaber back. You could have skipped her whole bit with a couple lines of dialogue.

>Leia has Luke's lightsaber because reasons, maybe her scouts found it or Lando or something
>Han knows where the resistance is because even though he divorced Leia he's still a war hero and trusted enough to be privy to secret information

At first I thought she was gonna be a Yoda-type character but she was just a generic wise old woman. Maybe she'll come back in the sequel and have a larger role but I wouldn't be surprised if she's just a throwaway character.
>>
>>63978152
You're obviously a virgin.
>>
>>63978730
I saw District 9 only last year and I was impressed
Still am >>63979022
>>
>>63982669
Ben Kenobi was really kind to R2 when he ran into him though
>>
File: bm.jpg (144 KB, 935x831) Image search: [Google]
bm.jpg
144 KB, 935x831
>>
>>63983438
qt Rey wouldn't have been captured if they went straight to Leia though
>>
>>63983510
Not really 2bh
>>
>>63982669
>Why does she give a fuck?
Are you dense or something? The droids act just like real people. There's no meaningful difference. You can't fathom why someone might become attached to one?
>>
>>63982669
>Why does she give a fuck?

Sexual purposes
>>
File: maz-kanata-05122015.jpg (159 KB, 477x582) Image search: [Google]
maz-kanata-05122015.jpg
159 KB, 477x582
Wasn't she supposed to look like this? Did they change it because of the backlash?
>>
>>63978057
what about Phasma?
>>
REY AND REN ARE THE INBRED LOVECHILDREN OF THE INCESTUOUS LUKE AND LEIA. You know this in your heart.
>>
She filled the "magical little asian alien" Star Wars quota just fine
>>
>>63978057
So, basically she is the Whoopie Goldberg character from The Next Generation
Old, Wise, Full of Secrets, Runs a Bar
>>
>>63978057
>Just don't stare
>Stare at what?
>Any of it

what was there to stare at
>>
>>63982669
Think of them like animals. Some people care about them, others don't.

Not a hard concept to grasp.
>>
>>63983825
Just because they look inbred?
>>
>>63983510
For me, the first moment in the prequels that caught my interest was when the Jedi did not thank the protocol droid who brought them drinks. It spoke to me of a society that had grown too impersonal, too used to thinking of sapient beings as things.
>>
>>63978057
would've been better with a more ancient, alieny voice desu
>>
>>63983982

Yes, and also because Luke and Leia fucked which is why Luke was so butthurt about Vader being daddy.
>>
I know it's a meme, but she'd have been better as a puppet.

It's baffling that, given how much JJ was wanking over all the practical effects he was going to use, the yoda-like character was CGI'd when she was such an obvious thing to do practically. It stood out all the more because the cantina were full of puppets that looked better than her.
>>
>>63984067
was full of puppets even

I also meant to add - in a few years or honestly, today her CGI looks dated and fake whereas a puppet will always be real. That's why the Yoda's scenes in the OT are all still as good today as they were then.

I mean just look at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YkbgvRMpW0
>>
I canata agree more.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.