[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Authentic, tangible, practical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 23
File: image.jpg (292 KB, 943x1453) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
292 KB, 943x1453
Remember when the Force Awakens was being shilled as this glorious, practical movie with limited CGI effects? What happened?

>awful looking Maz Kanata

Am I the only one that thought she looked distractingly bad? Maybe not Dexter Jettster bad, but close

>Prometheus/Voldermort/Sheev rip off

Waste of Andy Serkis' talents. Why not just make this a regular human character and hire an actor?

>Han's tentacle Men in Black alien monsters

Looked awful, didn't even feel like Star Wars.

Then the duel at the end in the snow with the trees looked like they were in a studio with green or blue screen work. Something about the way the actors looked in that setting was very Hobbit-like with the lighting and such

>space battles looked no better than Revenge of the Sith

So what happened with all this crap they were shilling and spewing again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_XMTN0QeWI
>>
>>63975068
it's the same thing as everything else about the film: the marketing was all that mattered not the delivery.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 600x750
>Practical effects
>>
I let Snoke pass because it was a hologram, so they can make it look better in the next movie and pass it off as that. Maz Kanata was stupid and ate up too much precious screentime.

I like the Rathars so fuck you. :)
>>
>>63975068

That video is hilarious in retrospect. Maaaan. So many people bought into it too, look at all those interviewers hyping it up.
>>
>>63975188

Really? What do you like about them?
>>
>>63975188

If you can give the Emperor in ESB a pass, you can give Snoke a pass.

still looks stupid
>>
>>63975068
You could tell most of the Cantina1.5 visitors were only partially CGI.

>Maz Kanata
She's really small and no human being could play her. And with today's standards a puppet wouldn't cut it.
>Snoke
Was he really CGI? What?
>Tentacle monsters.
I'll give you that, it was weird and made no sense.
>>
>>63975510
I like that they put the overall power of the humanoids into perspective. Part of the appeal of Star Wars has always been that while the humans are squabbling over space politics and unresolved traumas, there are lots of monstrous things around that just want to eat you. They're not as cool as the Rancor but I like to think of them as baby sarlaccs. Little sarlacc pods just waiting to find a spot in the sand to settle down and put down roots.
>>
Maz was the worst part of the film imo.
Looked like something straight out of the prequels.
Snoke seemed fine since it was a hologram but he better be practical if we see him in the other films.
The whole tentacle monster segment was fucking stupid and should've never been in there.
>>
>>63975068
>What happened?

Mickey mouse shoved his cock into our collective eye sockets.
>>
File: NEGAS.jpg (1 MB, 1955x2500) Image search: [Google]
NEGAS.jpg
1 MB, 1955x2500
How did we go from this...
>>
File: .....jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
.....jpg
26 KB, 400x400
>>63975903

to this.
>>
>>63975068
the the special effects were very dissapointing. they weren't terrible compared to most other movies but if you compare them to what we were promised then it was a fucking sham
>>
>>63975068
I think the fact that there were puppets along with Maz made the fact she was CGI stand out more.
>>
>>63975068
Snoke, Maz and hentai monster were really fucking bad

In fact the CGI in general didn't look very good.
>>
>>63975068
to this day the only modern film with good visual effects ive seen is Moon and i guess also interstellar
>>
>>63975068

It's funny you mention Dexter because I actually thought of him when Maz came on screen.

>both had bad CGI
>both friends of Obi-Wan and Han
>both have a cantina/pub/diner hub
>both know about legendary/mythological stuff
>both used to advance the plot

In fact, Maz climbing over the table and adjusting her goggles was like Dexter pulling up his pants and rubbing his hands on his cooking apron. Typical device animators use in the key frame animation to put "life" into the characters by having them interact with articles of their clothing.

Funny how none of the reviewers or prequel haters like Redlettermedia mention any of these distracting and pointless CGI characters.
>>
>>63976035
>Snoke, Maz and hentai monster were really fucking bad
They really weren't.
>>
>>63975068
The space monsters were stupid. It felt like I was watching Guardians of the Galaxy at that point.

Also Snoke. You're telling me you could just use make up and a mask or something? When they fight him later on, you're telling me he's gonna be CGI?
>>
>>63976075
That whole scene in the cantina was terrible.

That scene and Maz should've been scrapped
>>
>>63975720
>he better be practical if we see him in the other films.
I doubt it man. I think they really want his face to be alienating and they are probably gonna go for mocap, just like Maz.
>>
>>63975548
>>Maz Kanata
>She's really small and no human being could play her. And with today's standards a puppet wouldn't cut it.
This is the same issue I have with adaptations of books that can't do justice to the original, but "come as close as possible but still be successful":
If you know you can't make it right, why make it at all?
Who says Maz Kanata has to be tiny? Because Yoda was tiny? Do you HAVE TO have a Yoda analogue in the movie?
And seriously, aside from maybe 2 shots, puppet Yoda still looks great, because they had sense enough to put him into the kind of lighting where it's not overly obvious that he's plastic.
>>
File: 1313393970125.gif (2 MB, 286x210) Image search: [Google]
1313393970125.gif
2 MB, 286x210
>mfw Snoke appears for the first time
>Fucking Giant CGI Voldemort in an temple of evil

This was so fucking comical and just didn't fit the star wars universe.
>>
>>63976122
>That scene and Maz should've been scrapped
They cut as much as they could, unfortunately since she's the one with the lightsaber they're stuck having to establish her to establish the light saber.

What really confuses me is why they didn't bother to do any screen tests with Maz, instead of waiting till the last minute and realizing it doesn't work.
>>
>>63975703
yeah I can get behind that, plus their had that wierd almost comedy vibe that start wars has been doing since the beginning
>>
File: vader and sheev.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
vader and sheev.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>63976209
Seriously, what kind of stupid faggot thinks giant holographic projections of the evil wizard is star wars?
>>
>>63976209
it was an obvious rif to ep V. not saying it was good but it was star wars
>>
>>63975068
One of the first things Abrams said about the movie when he was hired that there would still be a lot of CGI.

And you're literally complaining about 3 creatures out of an entire movie filled with creatures.
>>
>>63976209
The music, Snoke's design and the general atmosphere made me think of prometheus.
>>
>>63976256
>They cut as much as they could, unfortunately since she's the one with the lightsaber they're stuck having to establish her to establish the light saber.

They could've made Leia have the lightsaber. She was looking for Luke and maybe she found it after all these years or something.

>What really confuses me is why they didn't bother to do any screen tests with Maz, instead of waiting till the last minute and realizing it doesn't work.

Yeah, i agree.
>>
File: Imageb.jpg (92 KB, 990x1088) Image search: [Google]
Imageb.jpg
92 KB, 990x1088
>>63976129

But look at what can be done with mocap stuff in Spectre. Why not take a real actor with some makeup or w/e and help it with some subtle cg to make it more prominent, more disgusting and so on. I really hope they don't go full garbage Maz Kanata on him.
>>
>>63976369

OP gave more examples I agree with.

How about all those practical aliens with blatantly obvious CGI faces plaster over them?
>>
File: 1359142239679.gif (274 KB, 350x158) Image search: [Google]
1359142239679.gif
274 KB, 350x158
>>63975068

OP is 100% correct, not a fag. Not even kidding.
>>
>>63976347
>>63976327
what wasn't Star Wars was multiple characters in those scenes losing their shit.

seriously it's so obvious that Disney think having temper tantrums makes villains scarier when it actually does the opposite.
>>
File: waltz1.jpg (50 KB, 603x337) Image search: [Google]
waltz1.jpg
50 KB, 603x337
>>63976436

Here's a behind the scenes shot with the dots.
>>
Anyone else thinking of MOS eisley CANTINA during the MAZ KANATA scene?
>>
OP, that's JJ Abram's film style. Some people call it "phony conflict". He adds a monster scene with suspenseful movie. The scene itself literally has zero effect on the over all story, but it's added into the movie to get the audiences heart rate going, and create a false sense of rising action.

If you get the scene out all together with the squidbillies and Irish and Chinese mercenaries, then the movie would still be the same shit
>>
>>63975188

>hologram that throws a shadow

triggered me hard desu senpai
>>
>>63976436
>>63976484
MUH PRACTICAL
ALL CGI IS FUCKING SHIT
GOOD OL DAYS
>>
File: bagdad-bob.gif (41 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
bagdad-bob.gif
41 KB, 300x225
Who else here fell for the Disney shills? They said this was going to look like the OT but instead it looked like capeshit.
>>
>>63976500
Well that sounded incoherent as fuck

Basically what I mean is remove that 10 minute scene with the tentacle monster and nothing changes

It's just lazy writing
>>
>>63976327
>Master Sheev, what's wrong with your face?
>Shut it Vader, I stepped on a fucking wasp nest alright?
>>
>>63976481
>seriously it's so obvious that Disney think having temper tantrums makes villains scarier when it actually does the opposite.
No? did you watch the movie?
>>
>>63975068
I loved the movie but I entirely agree OP.
>>
>>63976544
So it ended up looking good instead of like shit?
>>
>>63975068
They really need to step up their cgi shit if they want people to take Snoke seriously as the ultimate bad guy in this new trilogy.

But i still think that an actual actor would've worked better.
>>
>>63976436
god this movie was shit
>>
>>63976544
>it looked like capeshit.

It did feel like the movie took place in the same universe that Guardian of the galaxy took place in.
>>
>>63976327
Rekt
>>
>>63976104
>>63976369

I hope these two aren't the same ones that defend every aspect of the Force Awakens. There are flaws to the movie you know.
>>
File: oh what mark.gif (2 MB, 400x255) Image search: [Google]
oh what mark.gif
2 MB, 400x255
>>63976533
>I like bad cgi
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 383x525) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 383x525
>>63976494
Remember when Maz was in Poltergeist?
>>
Ignoring the incredible number of puppets, suits and practical effects plus the massive, meticulously-constructed sets and location photography because of a few CG creatures and spaceships (in the year 2015) reeks of autism tbqh
>>
>>63975068
paid him to stand up and sit down holy shit. Jew Jew could have done that himself
>>
>>63976713
>I like shitty, cringeworthy puppets and animatronics
You're almost making a point there.
>>
I think Maz Kanata looked better than the portions vendor.

But those gibbering mouthers looked so awful. I wish they'd only showed the tentacles coming around the corner or something. When they get sliced off and it switches to props (maybe?) it looked way better.
>>
that thing rey is riding felt really bad in motion, when she jumped on it i expected to at least go down a little instead it just stand still ruining any sense of physicality
>>
>>63976753
For me it's not that they used CGI itself, it's that the CGI looks bad and just out of place. I don't know who worked on it, but they should be fucking fired.

CGI + practical effects can be absolutely amazing (Where the Wild Things Are), and hell even just CGI mocap can be great (POTC).

TFA had great practical effects, but awful CGI mocap.
>>
Regarding Snoke:
Imagine his first appearance shot this way
- Kylo and Hux enter the dark chamber he's in and approach the end
- we start seeing a huge shape and the dialogue begins as they approach slowly
- they get close enough and we can see this giant thing and continue talking
- the hologram does an initial 'fizz' and the audience understands it's a hologram
- from here it cuts between them and closeups of Snoke as the hologram continues to fizz occasionally

This is my gripe with it, they tried to trick the audience into thinking it's the real deal for too long, cutting into closeups and back for a while before the hologram finally fizzes. they want to have their cake and eat it too with the audience, and it doesn't work well imo.

Regarding Maz Kanata:

The whole scene is weird, she's like a character out of a Pixar movie or like Minions or something, over-animated and weirdly cartoonish, not for Star Wars in general, that's irrelevant they can come up with whatever they want, but for the tone and look of this film in particular.

Regarding the rathtars:

Doesn't really feels Star Wars-y, I wish the scene was played out differently, like if Han and Chewie were prepared for somethjing like this and had rigged the ship with traps so we see that they 'still got it'. I don't know, at least do something with it.
>>
>>63976705
Whatever the fuck you're talking about. If you actually think their CGI is "really fucking bad," I don't even want to know what you think about most of it in the PT, or shit like Jumanji.
>>
>>63976405
>They could've made Leia have the lightsaber.
They don't meet Leia until after the attack on the temple-thing, where Finndu Nuffin has his fight with TR8-0R.

I agree, in a movie as cluttered and busy as TFA they could have lost the whole pirate planet thing and not hurt the pacing a bit.
>>
>>63976850
Credits said some London company I hadn't heard of? I don't know if they did it all.

Doesn't ILM have a CGI division? I know they're setting up a studio in London in response to this film.
>>
>>63976753
Except Maz and Snoke were important characters.

If it was a bunch of CGI shit in the backgorund nobody would've cared
>>
>>63976862
>a character out of a Pixar movie or like Minions or something
So Yoda.
>>
>>63976114
Yeah the mercs after Han looked more like Guardian of the Galaxy characters too.
>>
>>63976927
They looked fine, at the very least. Is this just some autistic 80's nostalgiafag thing?
>>
>>63975068
Was that orange thing a minion meme?
>>
Is it confirmed that Snoke = Darth Plagueis?

I mean who else would he be?
>>
>>63976964
Oh, please explain.
>>
>>63975548
so are hobbits and dwarfs
>>
>>63976975
Even casuals are saying they looked bad, dude.
>>
>>63976436
Wouldn't have been easier to just use makeup for that? I get that it's easier to use CGI for certain things, but this?
>>
>>63977053
>All those cgi dwarfs in the third hobbit

kill me
>>
>>63976931

No not really. There's something kind of ragged and ugly about Yoda, the scruffy thinning hair, deep wrinkles, he's kinda ugly looking.

Kanata's design is very 'clean', all rounded shapes, sort of steampunk style goggles that she keeps adjusting, bright white smile...It's not the same in my opinion
>>
File: star_wars_trailer-620x412.jpg (58 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
star_wars_trailer-620x412.jpg
58 KB, 620x412
>>63975068
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little hammerhead? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Jedi academy, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Kashyyyk, and I have over 3000 confirmed kills. I am trained in the ways of the force and I’m the top swordsman in the entire Order. You are nothing to me but just another Marksman-H combat remote. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in this or any other star system, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the comm-systems? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the galaxy and your location is being traced right now so you better prepare for the space storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Jedi Order and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass out of this galaxy, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>63976803
I keep thinking this is a pod racer engine she rigged up to be a space dirtbike.
>>
File: Guavian_Death_Gang.jpg (321 KB, 1294x1290) Image search: [Google]
Guavian_Death_Gang.jpg
321 KB, 1294x1290
>>63977009
For me it wasn't the look, but the general banter and the way things escalated comically. Yeah, people quip in tight situations in Star Wars, but these scenes just kept piling it on.

The only problem I had with the look is that there's a Batman Beyond villain who looks very similar to these guys. It's not particularly unique or original, but I couldn't get it out of my head.
>>
>>63977007
Not confirmed, but I do like the theory
>>
>>63977115

I don't know why the did it (maybe easier for the actor to act without stuff on his face?), but I'm just saying it's a better option than full cgi dexter jettster sith lord, especially if he has to fight at any point, that kind of animation just won't look right.
>>
>>63976753

All standard stuff that weren't even on the level of the original Yoda or Jabba the Hutt.

The CGI was distractingly bad, you're the one who is an autistic if you gobbled up everything you saw on the screen.
>>
>>63976875
>or shit like Jumanji
because that was made in 2015 right.
>>
>>63977249
I thought the character was interesting, but poorly executed desu.
I want to know more about Maz and her connection to Han, Jedi etc.
>>
>>63976436
You're right, it can be done.

But the Blofeld effect is more subtle than what they're going for with Snoke as far as I can tell from concept and the hologram. I fear it will be more like Silva than Blofeld.

I'm unsure about Rain Johnsonn. He made some odd choices in Looper:
The cuttoff nose at 0.50 looks great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxqe8Xq6LBQ but JGL face looked Jenner tier.
>>
What space battles?
>>
>>63976850
tell me they couldn't have just done something like this
https://youtu.be/mDIZ9QINjbQ

Cgi is just so fucking jarring when it's used to create a full characters. Maz and Snoke completely took me out of the movie and didn't feel at all in place in a star wars movie. Practical can be incredibly believable if you take the time to do something like in this video.
>>
File: Spellbinder.jpg (41 KB, 672x504) Image search: [Google]
Spellbinder.jpg
41 KB, 672x504
>>63977218
They do kinda look like Spellbinder. I like how their helmets are essentially GIANT RED TARGETS. Very practical.
>>
>>63977288

A lot of it depends on whether he's actually a huge monster or a regular dude with a big hologram. I'd rather it was a regular emaciated albino dude with a broken face just because they could handle it better. If not I'm sure they will be too lazy to go optical effects for it a la LOTR and go full Hobbit on it.
>>
File: Shriek_Batman.jpg (63 KB, 720x536) Image search: [Google]
Shriek_Batman.jpg
63 KB, 720x536
>>63977449
I thought Spellbinder but then I realized I was thinking of Shriek.

Then I realized his designer is way cooler.
>>
>>63977483
He's meant to be about 7ft tall and really thin
>>
>>63975548
>Snoke
>Was he really CGI? What?

Merry Christmas, OP.
>>
>>63976064
District 9
>>
File: 1450168972643.gif (3 MB, 400x220) Image search: [Google]
1450168972643.gif
3 MB, 400x220
>Scene before they reveal Maz
>DON'T STARE
>Stare what?
>YOU WILL SEEE
>There's nothing stare about

I'm so fucking confused by that scene
>>
>>63977556
I haven't rewatched it since release but vividly remember the Prawns looking pretty legit. Also, the human characters interacting with them fit in too. They looked the prawn in the eyes, stood realistically close or far away, etc.
>>
>>63977608
kek

that confused me too
>>
Did WETA worked on TFA.

Because I swear to god the skin texture of Snoke was the same as the Orcs in the Hobbit
>>
>>63977608
the whole scene was just a fanservice throwback to the OT & PT cantina scenes
>>
>>63976481
Jfc Kylo being a ragequitting hot head novice in the force is the exact POINT of his character.

JJ actually considered him a fucking character with arcs and personality dynamics, and that's more than you could say bout Maul or even Vader initially in IV.

>I want perfect scary villain like Maul
You're a moron.
>>
>>63975515
Im okay with how he looked, but that fucking name is the stupidest thing ive ever heard in my life. Seriously, it makes me think of Snookie from the Jersey Shore. Plus it was stupid to introduce him in the 1st of this trilogy. It seems like everyone has heard of Snoke and nobody really sounds all that threatened by him other than the fact that he controls Ren. Its just silly and too much like "oh we need a new big bad but it cant be Ren because he's going to be a good guy in the end.
>>
>>63976500
>Jawas
>Tuscan Raiders
>trash compactor monster
>trash compactor

What the fuck else is supposed to raise tension?! you can't please /tv/ autism
>>
>>63977693
I dunno, I think Kylo is pretty scary.
I mean, like I'd have noped the fuck outta there like those stormtroopers if I saw him having a tantrum
>>
File: cosby true.jpg (48 KB, 500x497) Image search: [Google]
cosby true.jpg
48 KB, 500x497
>>63976862
maybe Snoke is like 2 feet tall irl
>>
>>63977771
he's 7 feet tall
that's been known
>>
>>63977608
>Holy shit, there are ALIENS in this Star Wars space bar!
>>
>>63977771
That'd be too much a funny twist, he'd be just grey evil yoda
>>
>>63977534
That's still possible with some nice trickery.

Think of LOTR's height effects.
>>
>>63977762
he was scary. But it was scary in the sense that hot head Kim Jong Un is scary.

He could press the button to blow people up on a bad day cause he's a little insecure guy.

Kylo wants to be intimidating, and ultimately is because of the Force and his forced persona, but when actual, Force-using opposers come in like Rey he can't be the Vader he wants to be.

Why /tv/ thinks this dynamic makes for a bad film is beyond me.
>>
>>63977923
oh yeah I don't doubt that, I was just clarifying the height
>>
>tfw BB-8 was all just a ruse
>there will never be actual working droids in our lifetime
My life is a lie
>>
>>63977608

I think the idea was to avoid this sort of situation.
https://youtu.be/g6PDcBhODqo?t=103
>>
Snoke is Sheev

He survived the fall but damaged his face
>>
>>63978084
>TFW BB-8 would never be able to keep traction on sand and just skid everywhere
>>
>>63978239
naaahhh
>>
>>63977985
I also like how it shows the anger, pain and hate the sith are said to build their strength on. That stuff is never really shown in the OT or PT. Vader, Sheev and Dooku are almost always calm.
>>
File: gyrosphere-by-dinosaur[1].jpg (202 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
gyrosphere-by-dinosaur[1].jpg
202 KB, 1200x675
>>63978243
>>
>>63978319
>grass, not sand
>>
>>63978230
That was a great scene.
Kind of wish they didn't avoid these kinds of scenes throughout the entire movie.
>>
>>63975068
>Prometheus/Voldemort/Sheev rip off

Really? You'll use Prometheus and Voldemort but you won't use Thanos? He's literally a big hologram sitting on a throne acting as the man behind the man to some terrorist in space. Does he need rocket arm rests too?
>>
>>63978305
Well, they *did* have reasons. They're just more so implied and weathered down by time than Kylo, a young guy who operates just like his grandfather did at his age.
>>
>>63978491
It's as if you're a fucking dumb marvel fag who doesn't realize they aped that from Empire in the first place, you know the series that TFA is from?
>>
>>63976405
but how else will they sell extra merch for what's her name
>>
>>63978319
that thing is orders of magnitude heavier than BB8
>>
>>63978562
Nah, they ripped off Darkseid.
>>
>>63976533
I think you're missing his point.
>>
>>63978562
The idea of a man behind the man isn't from Empire. The visual and aural representation of Snoke in a space action movie is almost plagiarism.
>>
>>63978243
star wars does not conform to physics, if you cannot grasp this there is nothing anyone can do for you and it would be best if you did the world a favor and never used the internet again.
>>
>>63979076
>not just telling him BB8 uses the force to keep traction.

Psuedo-interventions aren't needed. Just troll.

>six people but only 4 presents...
>>
File: Screenshot (9).png (394 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (9).png
394 KB, 1920x1080
>>63979320
forgot my pic. I'm only getting these gift box captchas.
>>
>>63979320
'The Force doesn't work like that'
>>
Yeah some of the aliens were CGI and the X-Wings and stuff but none of the actual acting was done on green screen, the inside of the ships, cockpits, landscapes, villages, were all real sets.
>>
>>63975068
why is every alien of note vaguely humanoid and mammalian?

why couldn't snoke have been an insectoid/arthropod monster or something?
>>
>>63979753
because they're of low intelligense
>>
File: what a fucking asshole face.png (148 KB, 584x645) Image search: [Google]
what a fucking asshole face.png
148 KB, 584x645
>>63979364
>not using legacy captcha
>>
File: 2015.png (744 KB, 1158x658) Image search: [Google]
2015.png
744 KB, 1158x658
>>63975068
>>63975068
>>63975068
>>63975068
>>
File: 013.jpg (188 KB, 586x821) Image search: [Google]
013.jpg
188 KB, 586x821
The gremlin woman was completely pointless. Literally no need for the mos eisley rip off.

Snoke was fine due to being a hologram, although it blocking light was odd but I'm sure bulshit can be added to account for that.

I liked the raptars, they provided a break from the standard recolored humanoid alien. Its nice to have a scary beast every now and then.
>>
They had to shill practical effects because of the hate the prequels got for being CGIed as fuck

If it wasn't for the prequels, it would have even more CGI
>>
>>63980825
think about how on point the pre release shilling was on trying to assuage fears. They knew EVERY possible thing people would complain about and spun it in the opposite direction.

They put that level of resources into trying to convince you the movie would be good when they could have just used those resources to make a good movie.
Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.