[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who would win in a battle, RotS Obi Wan or ANH Vader?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: 1449945945824.jpg (16 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
1449945945824.jpg
16 KB, 500x250
Who would win in a battle, RotS Obi Wan or ANH Vader?
>>
RotS Obi

No contest
>>
>>63973388
was ROTS obi wan the most powerful jedi in all 6 movies?
>>
Vader in ANH is much more sluggish and has less dexterity compared to before he became a cyborg. Also considering Luke was capable of beating him in RotJ, Obi-Wan, a Jedi Master at the prime of his life would absolutely wipe the floor with Vader.
>>
>>63973430
Maybe not the outright most powerful, but he was the most effective in my opinion. Very balanced in abilities and a good strategist under pressure. Plus he can take an ass-kicking like no one else.

The only real blemish on Obi's record is Dooku making him look like a nerd twice. Don't know what was up with that. Maybe he was just having a bad day or he really admired Dooku and it threw his game off.

>Send me to kill the Emperor
Yoda should have listened
Obi-wan would have beat Sheev in the ultimate high ground exchange. The Senate Chamber was made for highground shenanigans.

And Yoda wouldn't have had any problems cutting Anakin's fucking head off and ending it.
>>
>>63973350
Vader was way weaker in the suit than out, it was keeping him alive, not enhancing his abilities
>>
Rey
>>
>>63973580
no he wouldnt have
did you see yoda fight in the prequels? he literally wouldve beaten the shit out of palpatine if it wasnt for the plot
>>
>>63973580
>The only real blemish on Obi's record is Dooku making him look like a nerd twice.
They fought on a flat surface. No high ground.

>Obi-wan would have beat Sheev in the ultimate high ground exchange.
>implying high ground matters to sheev
Sheev is above that sort of thing
>>
>>63973430
He is the greatest defensive duelist.

Yoda outclassed him in knowledge of the Force and Windu outclassed him in offensive dueling due to his Vaapad style.

Anakin had the potential to be greater than both Yoda and Sidious.
>>
>>63973700
Ultimately Obi would've defeated Windu, desu senpai.
>>
File: 1445946236494.jpg (71 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1445946236494.jpg
71 KB, 640x960
>>63973664
>Sheev is above that sort of thing

Remember when he not only had the high ground, but started throwing SPINNING senate pods at Yoda?

A multi-faceted spinning assault from the high ground. Hot fuck.
>>
>>63973640
No, Palpatine leveled up to the highest ground when he threw mace windu out the window.
>>
>>63973725
Yup.

Obi-Wan was the master of Soresu and Windu the master of Vaapad.

Part of the reason why Obi was sent after Grievous.
>>
File: reddit.png (112 KB, 1318x536) Image search: [Google]
reddit.png
112 KB, 1318x536
Is he right?
>>
Vader is considerably stronger than his RoTS self, so the outcome is obvious.
>>
>>63973743
That was just to demonstrate to Yoda that he knew all the Jedi's secret tricks.
>>
>>63973786

No. Did you make that post?
>>
Why did everyone shit on the prequels so much? I agree jar jar was fucking retarded, and anakin was a little bitch for most of the time, but I enjoyed obi and the others.
>>
>>63973350
ANH Vader. Obi only won originally because of a stroke of rash decision making on Anakin's part. High ground advantage is some bullshit.

Notice how the next time they meet, Vader gets Obi on completely level ground? Flat as fuck. Fucker knew exactly what he had to do to win, and he won.
>>
>>63973786
>Luke has the exact same potential as Anakin

Where do people get this shit?
>>
>>63973794
Nope, Sidious states that Vader (pre-maiming) would be more powerful than he and Yoda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DI8kkR9G0Q

1:40
>>
Obi wan
>>
>>63973763
>threw windu out the windu
poetry
>>
>>63973350
Obi all the way
>>
File: 1445942968068.jpg (86 KB, 1018x1078) Image search: [Google]
1445942968068.jpg
86 KB, 1018x1078
>>63973915
>Notice how the next time they meet, Vader gets Obi on completely level ground? Flat as fuck.

This line of thinking has forever changed how I view that duel. Now every time I see it, Obi-wan looks piss scared when he sees Vader because he knows.
>No, not here, not in this hallway. Shit. Vader you clever dick.
>>
>>63973786
>this is literally how people think of starwars now

thanks Lucas you fucking hack, midichlorians (AKA power levels) were such a great idea.
>>
File: 1442358007070.jpg (53 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
1442358007070.jpg
53 KB, 600x300
Daily reminder

from most powerful to least

Luke
Vader
Sheev
Yoda
Dooku
Obi Wan
Anakin
Windu
Maul
Qui Gon

then everyone else
>>
>>63973580
Dooku was trained by both Yoda and Sidious.
>>
>>63973947
>Will become more powerful than either of us

Meaning he wasn't and clearly never did since you disagree with me, but he got stronger as the years passed. This is stated by the man himself.
>>
>Who win in a battle, Young Obi Wan who slew Young Anakin, or Old Anakin?

Obi Wan.

Why is this a thread? Fuck you retard.
>>
>>63973743
Yes but remember how Yoda almost nailed him by making that one pod spin SUPER FAST?

Was Yoda more powerful at spins than Sheev? I think it's definitely the case, but Sheev is taller so he always has the high ground against Yoda.
>>
>>63974046

The general grievous from the clone wars cartoon was the strongest desu
>>
>>63974046
Windu would have definitely won if Anakin had showed up to save Sheev.
>>
>>63974074
All them midichlorians he lost losing 3 limbs and suffering 3rd degree burns though.
>>
>>63974093
even though anakin lost most of his potential becoming vader, he gained some neat gadgets and his force control improved over years of experience in combat

he woulda slapped young obi, truth be told
>>
File: 1445908288171.jpg (6 KB, 250x225) Image search: [Google]
1445908288171.jpg
6 KB, 250x225
>>63973580
>the ultimate high ground exchange
we will never see this
>>
File: 1446284050400.gif (2 MB, 438x363) Image search: [Google]
1446284050400.gif
2 MB, 438x363
>>63974066
Yeah I know, but in both his duels with Dooku he doesn't even come close to mounting an offense. He gets completely embarassed and tossed around like a baby.

I guess Dooku's style was just a natural counter to Obi or whatever.
>>
>>63974149
>>>r/cringe
>>
Obi beating Anakin is the age old belief that experience beats talent. Power levels and all that shit doesn't matter.
>>
>>63974208
Makashi is the ultimate dueling style other than Vaapad.
>>
>>63974231

That's why Anakin mentions to Dooku his power level doubled or tripled since they last met and then he kills him despite the difference in experience.
>>
>>63974273
Somebody's going to say that shit isn't canon anymore

But it is

They re-canonized it

Saber Forms 1-7 are NEW CANON and it makes people so upset.
>>
>>63974208
Dooku was the greatest duelist other than Windu. Its EU bullshit to make a secondary character strong, but thats the reason we were given.
>>
>>63974227
yeah, tell me to go back to reddit again, you fake as shit fan

get out of star wars threads if you have nothing to do but shit post
>>
>>63974310
George Lucas had to keep Obi alive obviously. He built this whole idea of power levels thanks to midichlorians, but for the Anakin v Obi fight he had to fall back on that idea. Not defending it, just poking more fun at how shit Lucas is.
>>
>>63974046
Luke was shit at saber combat.

His father, pre-Mustafar, would've wrecked him.
>>
>>63973794
What no he isn't. It's been confirmed time and time again that Vader in the suit is 80% weaker than what he was on Mustafar.

He's a shell of what he once was, he can feel the power there, but he can no longer reach it. OT Vader is nothing compared to RotS Vader.
>>
>>63974382
note that I went backwards chronologically
>>
>>63974145
Non canon BS.
>>
>>63974310
Anakin also wasn't blinded by power and rage against Dooku either, at least not like Vader was on Mustafar.
>>
>>63973947
>that fight
does sheev give no fucks about anything?
>>
>>63973350
Is that Jesus to the right? Jesus beat that robot
>>
>>63974407
vader in the suit has less midichlorians, but he is not weaker than vader on mustafar. he's had decades of combat experience hunting down some of the most powerful jedi in the goddamn universe, and he's had more than enough chances to mix in new styles to his saber combat as well as hone his mind

true, if he'd never lost those limbs he'd be unstoppable, but he DID level up
>>
>>63974407

>VADER COMPLETED HIS MEDITATION and opened his eyes. His pale, flame-savaged face stared back at him from out of the reflective black surface of his pressurized meditation chamber. Without the neural connection to his armor, he was conscious of the stumps of his legs, the ruin of his arm, the perpetual pain in his flesh. He welcomed it. Pain fed his hate, and hate fed his strength. Once, as a Jedi, he had meditated to find peace. Now he meditated to sharpen the edges of his anger. He stared at his reflection a long time. His injuries had deformed his body, left it a ruin, but they’d perfected his spirit, strengthening his connection to the Force. Suffering had birthed insight.

Nah, you're full of shit.
>>
>>63974436
Windu did win, that's the whole point of Vaapad and Shatterpoints, to find your opponent's weakness. Mace was by far the best Jedi duelist with ease solely because of that. Windu just failed to see Anakin's weakness, Padme. Solely because Windu didn't believe Anakin to be a threat.
>>
>>63974503
What other Masters besides Obi-Wan and Windu did Vader fight?
>>
>>63974519
Sheev lost on purpose, we've been over this shit.

Stop bringing it up, it's getting ridiculous to see Windufags getting BTFO in every thread.
>>
>>63974519
>Have this amazing non canon ability
>It fails you the moment you need it the most

wew lad
>>
>>63974554
The fuck nigga, how about Dooku twice?
>>
>>63974588
"I-I was only pretending to lose"
"I'm super strong, b-believe me"

fucking sheevfags
>>
>>63974554
google the great jedi purge
>>
>>63974636
He wasn't Vader then.

Dooku was no longer a Jedi and Anakin lost his right arm the first time he fought Dooku.
>>
>>63974503
>>63974512
Vader's physical abilities were far less what they were. He had time to develop his force skills, which is why he's considered to be so dangerous, the one force skill he can't use being Force Lightning.

The Cybernetics severely weaken his ability to be combat effective, it's the entire reason he had to change his Lightsaber Stance because he couldn't do what he used to.

Vader on Mustafar is far more combat oriented than OT Vader and because of that has the edge. Had Vader never been put in the suit, he'd have ended up killing the Emperor and taking over himself and Luke never would have been able to surpass him. You can't honestly tell me OT Vader would be able to keep up with any of the PT Jedi/Sith just in Lightsaber Combat, in the force sure, but in straight Lightsaber Combat, no.
>>
>>63974686
I mean what other council members.

Kit Fisto and 2 others were wrecked by Sheev.
The others were betrayed by their troopers.
>>
>>63973430

Mace Dindu ROTS easily took down Sheev and would've killed him if it weren't for Anakin
>>
>>63974554
Canonically? Vader has only ever fought Obi-Wan as far as actual Jedi Masters go. He didn't really fight Mace Windu and Luke wasn't a Jedi Master, more like a Jedi Knight at best.
>>
>>63973915
>>63974022
Yeah, and obi isn't spritely enough to get high ground advantage at that age. Plus the whole damn ship is level, except for huge pits.

If Obi was younger, he probably would have ended up hanging on to the rim of that pit he's watched across. All a part of his clever plan to defeat his third opponent on the high ground.
>>
>>63973786

>implying Dindu isn't more powerful than Sheev
>>
>>63974588
>Sheev lost on purpose
>Managed to take down 3 other Jedi in about 4 seconds
>Mace Windu managed to push him and hold him and his Force Lightning back

Just according to keikaku amirite?
>>63974603
Vaapad and Shatterpoint is canon, it's mentioned in The Clone Wars.

With that said, he has to manually feel it out with the Force, if he's not doing that then of course it doesn't work. Why would he have needed to find Anakin's Shatterpoint through the Force if he didn't perceive Anakin to be an enemy at that point?
>>
>>63974726

But surely force > saber anyway.

I've never understood why people with massive force abilities don't just force throw sabers out of jedi/sith hands. If a weak force user can do it to a non-force user, why can't someone with massive force skills do it to someone with mediocre force skills?
>>
>>63974726
>You can't honestly tell me OT Vader would be able to keep up with any of the PT Jedi/Sith just in Lightsaber Combat

Yes, he would, considering we've seen him do just that. Too bad most of it is Legends material.
>>
>>63974693
You're right, he totally wasn't Vader when he snipped off his hands and head.
>>
>>63974732
echuu shen-jon is one of the jedi masters vader killed, but he wasn't a council member

you originally asked for jedi masters though
>>
>>63974046

Maul is the best at lightsabers but the weakest at force.
>>
>>63974732

Order 66 didn't kill all the jedi, just most of them. Some weren't with troops, some realised and escaped. Vader hunted them down.
>>
>>63974829
>Why would he have needed to find Anakin's Shatterpoint through the Force if he didn't perceive Anakin to be an enemy at that point?
This, Mace initially didn't trust Anakin but once Anakin told him Palpatine was a Sith lord he believed him to be an ally.

>>63974865
Council Members were the only ones to be granted the rank of Master.
>>
>>63974952
oh, now i see that you weren't trying to argue against my point, only catch me on technicalities

alright, carry on
>>
>>63974952

No, only masters could become council members, but not all masters were council members.

After Anakin, not even all council members were masters.
>>
>>63973786
Revan would shit all over literally everyone in the movies. Revan is best jedi/sith. Shit, wiping the dude's mind only made him stronger in the end and he went on to be the greatest threat/savior the galaxy had ever known.
>>
>>63974848
They have to some degree. Most of the time there is never that much of a massive difference in Force Skills though beyond a few here and there, such as Yoda, Sidious, etc. It's why they have to rely on Lightsaber Skills as well. You actually see Vader try to kill Ezra with his own Lightsaber in Rebel just because of the difference in power.
>>63974853
Exactly Legends/EU, it was never canon in the first place.
>>
>>63975015
I like Revan, but he is the biggest Gary Stu in the EU outside of Luke and Nihilus who can destroy planets and black holes with the fucking force.
>>
>>63974952
>>63975008

Council members were grand masters, and only they could grant the rank of master, but there were plenty of masters who weren't on the council.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Master
>>
>>63974952
Qui Gon wasn't a Jedi Master? Must've missed that, pretty sure a Jedi Master is someone who has completed the training of a Padawan to a Knight.
>>
>>63974988
I'm confused with the lore, but did Vader hunt down anyone of master caliber between III and IV or was it just middle of the road jedi knights?
>>
>>63974797
>>63974737

Bullshit, Sheev had a second lightsaber (shown in clone wars cartoons = canon) and would have drawn it and defended himself if Anakin didn't disarm Windu.

Sheev knew he needed to create a crisis in Anakin's heart to finally deprogram his Jedi teachings. Why do you think he comically says how weak he, begs for mercy and begs Anakin for help in the most pathetic voice he can manage?

Sheev just knows how to play the game, he felt Anakin approaching so he let Windu think he had won so Anakin had to make a split second decision. Sometimes you have to roll the dice if you want to win big.

I wish they had played up how Sheev was also turning Anakin against Windu. Windu has basically been shitting on this kid the whole time, from when Qui-Gon wanted to train him to the final moments when he wanted Anakin to stay in the hangar while he dealt with the Sith Lord. Windu clearly never trusted Anakin. Sheev putting Anakin on the council was probably a direct tactic to stoke his ego and then make the Jedi try to bring him back down.
>>
>>63974829
He literally knew Anakin was coming, retard.

What part of "Sheev is a fucking space wizard who planned every event from TPM until RoTJ" did you miss?
>>
>>63975073

No, knight was a rank between padawan and master. Anakin was a knight, never a master.

Master is awarded to people who achieve mastery, knight is awarded to people who complete their training as a padawan.
>>
>>63975084
He has, at least in EU/Legends.
>>
>>63973350
RotS Obi Wan Kenobi

Even old Ben from ANH could easily defeat Darth Vader but he didn't do it because
1. He knew this wouldn't bring balance to the Force
2. By killing Vader he would give in to the Dark Side and he was too wise to do such a grave mistake
3. If old Obi Wan killed Vader in ANH Luke would eventually somehow learn that Vader was his father, that Ben and the last Jedi lied to him and thus he would fall to the Dark Side making Palpatine's victory final and solidifying Sith rule across the Galaxy
>>
>>63975113
>>63974952
i like how one of the guys is all polite and makes sense and the other is calling people retard.
>>
>>63975140
Ah, ok.
>>
>>63975084
someone might start screaming non canon but in books and comics vader hunts pretty much all types of people and targets, and has some pretty damn close matches where he nearly dies and has to have his suit repaired / improved

what i'm trying to get at is he gains a lot of experience as opposed to his rash, quick to impulsive action mustafar self. he really was a lot better, just not as good as he could have been had he stayed whole
>>
>>63975138
To go from Knight to Master you had to complete the training of a Padawan to a Knight. Did you think I wrote the obvious progression through the ranks, rather than how to obtain the ranks?
>>
>>63975138
So is the ranking

>Jedi Master
>Jedi Knight
>Padawan

or

>Jedi Master
>Jedi Knight
>Jedi
>Padawan
>>
>>63975096
Palpatine lost that lightsaber against Darth Maul, you can see right before he force tosses Darth Maul around the place he only has one in his hand now because it gets destroyed in their little clash.

Also Sheev is an idiot, he was banking the entirety of his decades long plan to hoping Anakin would turn against Windu. Had Windu just arrested him instead of try to kill him, Sheev would have been done.
>>
>>63975017
>Exactly Legends/EU, it was never canon in the first place

Oh, you're one of those guys.

>>63975059
>outside of Luke and Nihilus who can destroy planets

Abeloth, Sheev, the Sith Emperor, and a few others can do that. Nihilus can't, he fucked up the surface of one, and would get punked by Revan. He's pretty overrated.
>>
>>63975199
The first one.
>>
>>63975158
I like how you pat yourself on the back and samefag.
>>
>>63975199

>Jedi Grand Master
>Jedi Master
>Jedi Knight
>Jedi
>Padawan
>>
>>63975271
>>63975289
SHHHEEEITTTT

>>63975276
It's not me though.
>>
>>63975276
i'm actually not the one you are discussing things you mongoloid.
>>
>>63975199
>>63975271
>>63975289

Grand Master[3]
Jedi Master[2]
Jedi Knight[2]
Padawan[2]
Jedi youngling[2]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Order
>>
>>63975267
>Oh, you're one of those guys.

One of those guys? It's the truth, when was the EU ever canon? It was called the EU for a reason, and tons of it contradicted the actual movies. Sure there was some fucking gold in the EU that was just as good as the movies if not better, but it was never canon. At the very least 99% of it isn't canon and only very minor things that have been pulled from it by Lucas and Disney are, such as the Mandalorian Wars, the Malachor System/Great Scourge of Malachor taking place, Rakata Prime, Delta Squad.
>>
File: fuckingmongoloid.png (27 KB, 542x473) Image search: [Google]
fuckingmongoloid.png
27 KB, 542x473
>>63975276
>>
>>63975267
>Oh, you're one of those guys.

>I support Darth Maul coming back from the dead with spider legs
>I support Sheev having an entire ship filled with clones of himself
>I am this retarded
>>
>>63975359
it was pretty obvious nobody was samefagging there, you didn't have to go through the trouble of screencapping that
>>
>>63975153
So in losing that fight he obtained the ultimate High Ground, the moral one. Thus ensuring the final defeat of the Sith lords.
>>
>>63975396
eh, whats a few seconds of my day to gyazo a picture and prove a dumb fuck wrong.
>>
>>63975359

(You)
>>
>>63975267
Even still the fact that he was able to kill everything on the planet outside of Visar Marr through nothing but the force is fucking stupid. No other Jedi or Sith have shown that kind of power in canon material. It's stupid, it's on worse levels than Starkiller bringing down a Star Destroyer or Rey pulling typical force skills out of her ass.
>>
>>63975436
>>63975396
>>63975359
>>63975308
>Being this much of a samefagging schizo
Ok buddy, settle down. You lost the argument, no need to go crazy.
>>
>>63975394
Darth Maul is still alive in Canon.
>>
>>63975417
Obi-Wan and Yoda greatest jedi of the years all years.
>>
File: youjustdontunderstand.png (9 KB, 497x152) Image search: [Google]
youjustdontunderstand.png
9 KB, 497x152
>>63975479
>>
>>63975222
How do you propose to arrest someone that can shoot lightning our of his hands?
>>
>>63975493
There is a reason Rey is Kenobi's granddaughter.
>>
>>63975417
Pottery
>>
File: 1450722675274.jpg (15 KB, 196x167) Image search: [Google]
1450722675274.jpg
15 KB, 196x167
>>63975479
am i being memed on
>>
>>63973350
obi wan is the greatest jedi of all time
>>
File: 1448958979590.jpg (942 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
1448958979590.jpg
942 KB, 1462x1462
>>63975481
Not gonna bait me lad. I did have a good laugh though.
>>
Darth Vader, just force choke him to death. There it's over Vader wins.
>>
>>63975417
Yes, from a certain point of view
>>
>>63975524
The same way Obi-Wan and Anakin were captured in AotC, or Dooku and shit in TCW.
>>
>>63975059
Doesn't change the fact Revan could fuck the shit out of any jedi or sith.
>>
>>63975555

Those quads
>>
>>63975525
>both have Bong accents
IT FITS.

I wouldn't mind it honestly.
>>
>>63975545
The Clone Wars is Canon.
>>63975554
Then why didn't he do that in ANH?
>>
>>63975545
It's true

He's canonically not dead

It's official
>>
>>63975523
>Le ebin MS paint edit
>>
>>63975394

I'm more supportive of Luuke. Quality has nothing to do with it, and you know there was degrees of canonity.

>>63975446
>No other Jedi or Sith have shown that kind of power in canon material

Except they have. Sheev destroyed a planet a decade prior and it was as canon as KOTOR. Despite showing such overwhelimg power, many Jedi are stated or implied to be stronger than Starkiller or Nihilus.
>>
>>63975612
>>63975608
Midichlorians are canon too, doesn't mean its fucking ridiculous and the newest trilogy refuses it even exists. Maul died on Naboo, fanfiction cartoons that were approved by some executives won't change that.
>>
>>63975568
Yeah how'd that go for him in TOR? Also if I recall Revan got his ass kicked by Bastilla and 2 other Jedi, you can say it was Malak betraying him's fault, but that still counts as a loss because he was too blind to see it.

Revan is not that great.
>>63975599
Also helps the fact that Obi-Wan is the one that says Rey in the vision, Obi-Wan now has a love interest in Satine during the Clone Wars, which would match-up with the ages roughly, also it'd help better to have Kenobi and Anakin's grandchildren fighting in the sequels, it's like pottery, it just rhymes.

Also better than the cliche, she's Luke's kid.
>>
>>63975680
Darth Maul also has a comic being made about him after Disney bought it.

But yeah I guess Maul surviving with cybernetic legs is more crazy than Vader being 2 foot from lava, having 3 of his limbs cut off, and being set on fire in a series about space wizards and space cowboys with laser swords and blasters is just too crazy man.
>>
>>63975680
>Maul died on Naboo
No he didn't

>fanfiction cartoons that were approved by some executives won't change that.
They can change it and they have

Headcanon posts by some anon won't change that :^)
>>
>>63975667
>was as canon as KOTOR

So not canon at all?
>>
>>63975687
I honestly wouldn't mind her getting a dual bladed duel lightsaber like Maul's.
>>
>>63975748
>>63975772
The movies dictate the cannon. Not a comic or a cartoon series. If we see Maul alive in Ep VIII or XI then you can screencap this thread and shitpost about it. But I highly doubt that.
>>
>>63975818
I'm sort of expecting it honestly, considering how well she used that staff on Jakku. I'll be a little disappointed if she just continues to use Anakin/Luke's old lightsaber.
>>
>>63975687
>Obi-Wan now has a love interest in Satine during the Clone Wars, which would match-up with the ages roughly,
Yeah but she died remember? Obi never got to tame that sweet Mando strange.
>>
>>63975880
Except not. Lucas himself made TCW, it's canon.

With that said, there is a full list of what is canon and what is not, and TCW is listed as canon, the same as Rebels. Darth Maul is alive, deal with it.
>>
>>63975880
>The movies dictate the cannon. Not a comic or a cartoon series.
That's false.
>>
File: 34054353.jpg (13 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
34054353.jpg
13 KB, 320x287
>episode 4, shit powers
>comics, take place between Ep. 4 and 5, Vader OP as fuck
>episode 5, Vader would get beat by RotS Obi wan

why?
>>
>>63975901
As far as we know, it's easily changed. Assuming he did, their kid would have had Rey in their early 30s.

It fits surprisingly well actually, and Obi-Wan and Satine did meet while he was a Padawan of Qui-Gon, you could even go that far back if you really wanted, which is only 10-15 years or so.
>>
File: 1443548182739.gif (5 KB, 239x235) Image search: [Google]
1443548182739.gif
5 KB, 239x235
>>63975608
>black light saber
>>
>>63975959
You're going to hate this.
It's literally called a Darksaber
>>
>>63975945
Because RotS Obi-Wan was even more broken.
>>
>>63973580

Obi Wan had just fought a massive battle in an arena right before count dookie the first time.

No excuse for the second time.
>>
so whats the deal with the vong?

could the vong defeat the galaxy at its strongest?
>>
>>63975938
Explain or fuck off, you like that comic Vader where can crush the leg of a AT-AT but didn't force crush Lukes entire body in ESB?
>>
>>63975959
It's called the Darksaber, I know stupid as fuck. Ancient Lightsaber from the Mandalorian Wars, one of them took it from a Jedi they killed and passed it down generations.
>>
File: 1445798631258.png (74 KB, 573x713) Image search: [Google]
1445798631258.png
74 KB, 573x713
>>63976015
What is there to explain? Disney made it very clear what is and is not considered canon going forward.

>The 6 films
>Clone Wars show
>Rebels show
>All books/comics/video games released after a certain date

That's what's canon. Maul is alive by that definition. The fuck more do I need to explain to you?

Whether I like it or not doesn't change what is officially considered canon. You dense nigga.
>>
>>63976013
Not when Sheev was in charge
>>
>LE VADER WUS WEAKER BECAUSE OF HIS ARMOR MEME

Never stated in the movies or tv shows, the cartoon and comics even show him being able to do stuff he couldn't do in RotS.
>>
>>63976081
Everyone picks and chooses what they accept from the canon. Darth Maul fits your obvious fetish, most likely you enjoy Boba Fett being alive too. Unless Maul is still alive and effecting the plot in Ep VIII or XI then none of the toys or shit comics they spew out will effect my opinion that Maul died on Naboo.
>>
>>63976081
>implying that's not a purely business-related statement
as long as it doesn't influence the movies it's not canon
>>
>>63976172
>the cartoon and comics
They're fanfiction mate
>>
>>63973350
>Anakin defeated Dooku
>Dooku easily curbstomped Obi-Wan
>Dooku was easily curbstomped by Anakin
>Obi-Wan only beat Anakin because he was acting retarded like a berserker
>Vader at his peak in ANH to RoTJ would murder Obi-Wan
No.
>>
>>63975687
TOR is shit and you should feel bad for bring that up. Revan, imo, faced the hardest challenges and survived. He was the general who rallied the jedi and was the reason why the Mandalorians didn't conquer the galaxy. He survived an encounter with the Sith Emperor (albeit brainwashed into going to war with the republic) and was then able to convince hundreds of otherwise good jedi to abandon their masters and teachings and turn to the dark side. The only reason he was captured by the jedi was that he was too busy with dealing with those who were challenging him and wouldve curbstomped literally all of them had Malak not been a little bitch and fire on his battleship. Then he was mindwiped and lost all his force powers, only to emerge sometime later even stronger than who he was before being mindwiped, defeated his former apprentice in single combat only after going through the Star Forge (which is one of the ultimate tools of the Sith). Thats a much better resume than literally anyone else in the SW universe.
>>
>>63976189
Are you functionally retarded?

You can't magically say canon things are not-canon. Your shitty ass Boba Fett analogy only works because that's EU, where people can pick and choose what they want to consider canon, or at least could prior to it all becoming Legends.

Well TCW is Canon. GEORGE LUCAS himself fucking made it and said Darth Maul is still alive. Next are you going to tell me the prequels aren't canon because "Well I don't fucking like it"?

God you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>63976189
Canon is what Disney said it's canon which is what this guy >>63976081 listed you retard.
>>
>>63976278
Revan still got his ass blasted by Malak, that's a loss. If Revan was so powerful, he'd have seen the deception coming.

Besides Revan isn't canon and is a literally self-insert Gary Stu of the highest caliber. Like I said, I like Revan, quite a lot actually, but he's a terribly written character, which says a lot considering the franchise he's in.
>>
>>63976172
he was weaker tho. Compare how he fought in the prequels to how he fought in the OT and you can def. see how much of a difference there is between pre-mustafar vader and post-mustafar vader.
>>
>>63976015
>Explain or fuck off
Not him but the point is that The Clone Wars and Rebels cartoon series' are both considered official canon.
>>
>>63976283
In what way how was Maul being alive affecting the plot in Ep VII? Or the fucking 6 seasons of the Clone Wars affecting what happened in RotS? Anakin had a fucking padawan, but its not there or mentioned in the fucking movie at all. Its fanfiction garbage to sell more shit for kids.

The movies are the end all be all for canon and plot. Everything else is to sell bullshit to people. Maul got chopped in half by a padawan, why would I want to read about anything he did after that?
>>
>>63976189
You're complaining about what is and isn't canon and yet when you get proven wrong you still say everyone else is pretending?

Darth Maul is alive in The Clone Wars cartoon and that is considered official canon.
>>
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

Look everything that is considered Canon after Disney bought Star Wars.

Oh what's that I see, The Clone Wars?!

Well how about that, guess Darth Maul didn't die on Naboo.
>>
>>63976222
They are canon
>>63976386
George Lucas just added the flips and shit in the prequels, by this logic every Jedi shown in the prequels is stronger than Vader.
>>
>>63976483
>The movies are the end all be all for canon and plot.
No matter how much you say this it doesn't make it true. We're not saying TCW cartoon is canon because we want it to be, we're saying it because it's the truth.
>>
>>63973664
>implying high ground matters to sheev

but it does. That's why spinning is such a good trick. It gives sheev constant high ground from a certain point of view.
>>
>>63976380
>Revan still got his ass blasted by Malak

That's true but he was otherwise preoccupied with fighting the jedi on the bridge rather than focused on his apprentice who may or may not betray him. Plus, Malak said later that he regretted not facing Revan in single combat, implying that at some point, had Malak not been a little bitch about things, would've faced him in single combat. Plus it wasn't really Malak who took down Revan, it was a turbolaser or some shit that put him down. Every time Revan and Malak fought in single combat, Revan fucked his shit up. Like what happened to his jaw and ultimately, on the Star Forge where Revan killed him even after going through the Star Forge's defenses.
>>
>>63976483
George Lucas mentioned back in the 80s that Vader had had a female apprentice. You can't seriously be arguing with the what the creator and owners themselves have to say what is and isn't canon.

You're an official idiot, no sense in arguing with you after this point.
>>
>>63976172
Sheev would want to keep Vader weaker than him
>>
>>63976489
What's so hard about just saying "Oh I didn't know that, ok I see your point" ???

Is life really easier for you when you continue arguing after you've been proven wrong?
>>
>>63976512

Vader could hop and flip around if he so choose, anyway. The Force can be used to do shit like that.
>>
>>63976283
>next are you going to tell me the prequels aren't canon
How are they canon if nothing in them matters or ever gets mentioned again?
>>
>>63976512
Yeah that's sort of true, I mean Luke could flip and do shit in RotJ and he ended up beating Vader.
>>
>>63976553
You sound like a friend of mine who tries to explain power levels and characters that did shit in the current "canon" all I have to say is "Wasnt in the movies" and he turns into a stuttering turbonerd and falls back on the argument you're using.

Darth Maul regardless if he died or not on Naboo ceased to have an impact on the continuing plot of the movies. In my head he died on Naboo because of this AND because for years after the movie he was dead. Until businessmen wanted him alive to make more money.
>>
>>63976676
Clone Wars is mentioned in Return of the Jedi, bam, done.
>>
>>63976702

He did so in ESB and got his shit pushed in.
>>
>>63976512
>every jedi shown in the prequels is stronger than Vader.

but they were though. Vader is embarassingly weak and the only reason he hadn't had his head chopped off was because all the jedi who were stronger than him were dead before he even put on the suit. Shit, Luke, a guy with little to no formal training was able to eventually bring down Vader.
>>
>>63976667

In battlefront 2 he could fucking fly.
>>
>>63976710
The reasoning for his being alive doesn't make it any less canon, deal with it faggot.
>>
File: Obiwan.png (101 KB, 477x360) Image search: [Google]
Obiwan.png
101 KB, 477x360
>>63973350
Obiwan is the "jedi". Anakin might be jesus, yoda force master, windu powermachine, sheev sith lord etc... Obiwan is everything jedi is supposed to be [insert character details here]. Ordinary student training so hard that he would eventually surprass the chosen one and other snowflakes. Man obiwan is such a good character.
>>
>>63976770
I don't recall Luke ever actually flipping against Vader, it was more of a more offensive fight like Obi-Wan/Vader in ANH if I recall and was mostly Luke backpedaling the entire time.
>>
>>63976773

Luke won in 6 because he used anger, a powerful emotion associated with the dark side.

Jedi trained formally were weaker than the sith because they weren't allowed to use anger in their fights, that's how obi-wan beat maul, he was using anger, he just didn't tell anyone about it and got his shit back together before any of the council members noticed and kicked him out.
>>
>>63976876
nah senpai luke hops like 10 feet up onto some high ground during the fight, i think he even backflips onto it
>>
>>63976944
See I remember that in RotJ when he jumps up onto the scaffolding and Vader throws his Lightsaber at him, but I don't remember it in ESB, I could be wrong though, maybe my memory is just getting worse.
>>
>>63976813
Until an executive makes it not canon and adds it to the Legacy timeline. No executive would add the movies to the Legacy.
>>
>>63976915
No obi-wan beat maul because maul became too arrogant and let his guard down. He didn't expect obi-wan, a jedi who was weaker than the guy he just killed and barely hanging on, to jump up and chop him in half. That being said, luke still wouldn't be able to hold a candle to pre-mustafar Vader even if he was angry.
>>
>>63976661
>>63976702
>>63976773

He can so that stuff in the new comics and the tv show, he just doesn't do it that much

He isn't shown jumping and flipping around in the OT because of technical limitations, Luke could sort of jump a lot but he didn't beat Vader because of that.

Also, there's no need to fight like kung fu panda to win, his style is slow but effective.
>>
>>63977000
oh, i didn't see you say empire strikes back

yeah i don't think luke flips in that, mostly just gets his ass beat
>>
File: bm.jpg (144 KB, 935x831) Image search: [Google]
bm.jpg
144 KB, 935x831
>>
>>63973627
Came here to say this
>>
>>63977068
Well if that happens then it wont be canon. As of right now, it's canon and will remain canon for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>63977187
So for nearly a decade my point of view was correct because he was dead. Now its wrong because Disney wants those StarWars bucks. Im happier knowing he is dead rather than a cash grab.
>>
>>63977068
Except no executive is going to say anything Lucas himself made is non-canon, which includes TCW, both the movie and the tv series.
>>
>>63977273
>Disney wants Star Wars bucks

Except Disney didn't create TCW, George Lucas did. Besides Darth Maul had been alive in the EU for years prior to that anyways, hell he even fights Darth Vader in one of those comics.
>>
>>63976787
That is one of the sillier things I've read in a while but as an anime fan I'd enjoy it
>>
File: 1431378768246.jpg (24 KB, 313x312) Image search: [Google]
1431378768246.jpg
24 KB, 313x312
My SWTOR Jedi Knight character is THE best and strongest Jedi ever. Come fite me on my server.
>>
File: 1445439376520.jpg (18 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
1445439376520.jpg
18 KB, 408x408
>>63976189
>my opinion that Maul died on Naboo
Well your opinion is fucking wrong.
>>
>>63977382
It's less flying and more jumping and double jumping really fucking far, Sidious can fly though or at least float/glide.
>>
>>63977494
I can see Sheev pulling that kind of thing. The idea of Vader doing it seems more ridiculous somehow. Hence the appeal.
>>
File: 1447842788512.jpg (55 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1447842788512.jpg
55 KB, 500x333
>>63977447
>Having to watch a children cartoon on a channel called Cartoon Network to know the fate of a character.
>Yeah got you ya fucking nerd
>>
>>63973350

A better matchup is Kylo Ten vs. Anakin from ep1

They both seem to be around the same age. Does Anakin sweep?
>>
File: SWT_09_01_Resurrection_042-043.jpg (120 KB, 800x618) Image search: [Google]
SWT_09_01_Resurrection_042-043.jpg
120 KB, 800x618
>>63977584
>Having to watch a show created by the fucking creator itself to know the fate of a character

With that said, everyone has known Darth Maul was alive for like a decade.
>>
>>63975348
>when was the EU ever canon?
Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>63977676
When was TCW ever not canon?

Checkmate Autist

George Lucas: 1
Butthurt Nerd: 0
>>
File: Duel_on_Coruscant.jpg (2 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
Duel_on_Coruscant.jpg
2 MB, 1920x816
>>63973350
EP 3 Obiwan was God tier Jedi.

Imagine if had been Yoda and Obiwan with Windu instead in this pic. It would've been a stomp. Poor little sheev.
>>
File: anakinfield.jpg (18 KB, 281x200) Image search: [Google]
anakinfield.jpg
18 KB, 281x200
>>63977584
You're still wrong.
>>
>>63977665
Its Boba Fett all over again. Lucas made an interesting character and fucking killed him off because Lucas is an idiot. Then you gobble up his precum that is the Clone Wars.

George not being involved in Star Wars is when Star Wars is at its best.
>>
File: 1371090875372.jpg (45 KB, 300x260) Image search: [Google]
1371090875372.jpg
45 KB, 300x260
>>63977665
>>
>>63977936
>George not being involved in Star Wars is when Stars is at its best

Glad to know Disney also agrees that TCW and Darth Maul being alive is canon.
>>
>>63977888
lmao it would have been hilarious, so like same thing happens, he loses, windu gonna kill him, anakin comes and Obi wan just blocks his attack on windu and palpatine dies.
>>
>>63974503
Midichlorians dont cause the force theyre just an indicator of someones power level you meme
>>
>>63977959
>Not knowing and loving the fact that the Sith are powered by pure edge
>>
>>63978017
Disney is going to briefly mention him so they can sell autists like you toys
>>
>>63977665
Darth Coldsteel
>>
TFA's Darth Shill
>>
mace dindu is a funny name
>>
>>63977959
Everything about Vader in every medium tells you how much he regrets what he's done and how much he hates himself, but all he has left is the Emperor and the Dark Side, it's why he becomes so conflicted when Luke comes around.

Also it's the Sith, what do you expect?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
7 KB, 480x360
>people not putting Windu top 5

He beat sidious, he beat the Jedi killer jango in like 5 seconds, he would've rekt ep3 anakin 1v1.
>>
>>63978017
Disney keeping him alive is for the same reason Lucas retconned him back to life. Money and toys. None of you edgelords can explain if Maul being alive in Clone Wars and his own comic has any impact on the new trilogy.
>>
>>63978135
>None of you edgelords can explain if Maul being alive in Clone Wars and his own comic has any impact on the new trilogy.
That might have something to do with the new trilogy not being finished yet, dingus.
>>
>>63978072
Haven't bought a toy in 18 years, keep telling yourself that though kiddo.
>>
>>63978120

Sheev lost on purpose so that he could lure Anakin to the dark side. Look how quickly he disposed the other jedi in that scene.
>>
>>63978135
He likely has nothing to do with the sequels, and yes he was likely brought back because of money and toys.

Him being alive is still canon and there is nothing you can do to disprove that.
>>
File: Coldsteel.jpg (163 KB, 780x770) Image search: [Google]
Coldsteel.jpg
163 KB, 780x770
>>63978091
It's amazing how similar they are
>>
>>63976824
He was a good friend.
>>
>this is actually a thread

>this has 200 posts
>>
>>63978194
Don't give Lucas that much credit, Mace did as well as he did because it was Samuel L. Jackson, simple as that.
>>
>>63978173
Will he show up in the spin offs as well? Doubt it. Maul is alive for the same reason Boba Fett is still alive. Once Disney has tapped into the children market, they'll contact Dark Horse or Marvel to make a "graphic novel" of a Darth Maul story.
>>
>>63976560
Sheev can use the high ground if he wants but ultimately he is completely outside of it.

By the time of ROTJ Sheev was so far removed from the ways of the high ground Darth Vader was able to kill him while he was directly below Sheev.
>>
>>63978120
Yeah Windu is Top 5 material. Top 5 of all time is probably something like

>Sidious
>Yoda
>Mace
>Dooku
>Anakin/Vader

In no particular order. Obi would be a close 6th.
>>
>>63977000
>Vader throws his Lightsaber
Did he force retrieve it?
>>
>>63978226
If Count Dooku sold toys as well as Maul they would've brought his decapitated ass back to life as well.
>>
>>63977888
Give alternate ending where that happens please.

Obi-Wan, Yoda and Windu kill Sidious and Anakin at the same time and smoke peace pipe on the roof of the jedi temple afterwards.

>see did you look on palpatine's face when we sliced off legs of his? harr harr harr
>>
File: 1445953027560.png (101 KB, 450x333) Image search: [Google]
1445953027560.png
101 KB, 450x333
>>63978278
I doubt he'll show up in the movies too.

I know he's only alive to sell toys and comics and shit.

He is still canon. That's the only point I'm trying to make. You even agree that he's canon, you just think it's stupid. I think it's stupid too. We shouldn't even be having an argument because we fucking agree he's canonically alive and that's all I'm trying to tell you.
>>
>>63978278
Boba Fett isn't alive Anon, the only mention of Boba Fett by Disney is that they want to do a Young Han Solo and Boba Fett movie (so before the Saarlac Pit). Outside of that, the only other mention of him is that someone takes his armor and identity, which isn't actually Boba Fett, but an imposter, and that'll never see the light of day and hasn't been brought up since.
>>
>>63978315
Obiwan literally beats Anakin in their prime.
>>
File: QA8XZBU.gif (3 MB, 390x357) Image search: [Google]
QA8XZBU.gif
3 MB, 390x357
>>63977273
>Disney wants Star Wars bucks
>Implying TCW was spawned by Disney
>>
>>63978320
At this point, yes. The actual movie had technical limitations though. So in RotJ he just threw it and went and picked it up.
>>
So is Obi Wan just straight up better than Anakin?

Even in ANH he let Vader win so he could force ghost or whaetever
>>
>>63973925

Lucas said it an interview once. I'm too lazy to go look up the source but it's there.
>>
File: Anakin_Burning_by_spleenriper1.jpg (16 KB, 300x157) Image search: [Google]
Anakin_Burning_by_spleenriper1.jpg
16 KB, 300x157
>le anakin more powerful than obi-wan meme

Look at this shit, he should've just finished him right then and there.

I bet he regret that forever.
>>
>>63976042
Actually it was looted off the Jedi temple
>>
>>63977494

No, both sheev and vader could fly, as in they would be suspended in mid air and would move in the direction you aimed. The rest of the jedi/sith could only double or triple jump. Han, leia and grievous could only single jump and force run I think.
>>
>>63978572
Obi-Wan isn't exactly better, Vader does overpower him and incapacitates him with a Force Push for a slight bit longer during their duel on Mustafar. Obi-Wan is just smarter and less blinded by the Dark Side, which is why he won.

As far as ANH goes, Obi-Wan himself seems to know he can't exactly beat Vader then, so he lets Vader do it and becomes a Force Ghost.
>>
>>63978572
Yeah
>>
>>63978674
Why didn't that nigger Qui-Gon appear as a ghost in the end?
>>
File: 1446577286612.jpg (180 KB, 960x800) Image search: [Google]
1446577286612.jpg
180 KB, 960x800
>>63978586
Get that hothead outta here
>>
>>63974208
Wasn't dooku supposed to be the greatest light saber fighter
>>
>>63978674
If we go full nerd Obiwans technique counters Anakins style. And the moral highground etc in effect. Its like fighting your little brother. You know he cant beat you and in the end you WILL win.
>>
>>63978572
Well he became more powerful than could ever be imagined so obviously yeah
>>
>>63978752
Lucas cut it for whatever stupid ass reason.
>>63978775
If I recall, didn't they both use Ataru? Though yeah, you can argue that Obi-Wan is just as good if not better at Lightsaber combat than Anakin/Vader. Maybe not the force though, he never seemed that good with it honestly in the PT beyond some basic stuff.
>>
>>63978572
He basically used Anakin to achieve spiritual high ground and is now the strongest Jedi in any plane of existence
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.