[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There are people on this board RIGHT NOW who think that Rey isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
File: skywalker.jpg (104 KB, 504x614) Image search: [Google]
skywalker.jpg
104 KB, 504x614
There are people on this board RIGHT NOW who think that Rey isn't Luke's daughter.
>>
I can just imagine him Force Jizzing into his hands while listening to Jizz and looking at a picture of Smee, creating life like Darth Plageous
>>
I don't think she is, specifically because FUCKING EVERYONE thinks she is. It's too obvious. She's got a connection to luke, that bit is obvious, but I think, for this trilogy, we've got the "Luke, I am your father" concept out of the way with Kylo
>>
It really is TOO obvious.

Also, why did they need an Obi Wan voice clip for her dream? why? why? why? why? huh? huh?
>>
>>63972789
At the end of the visions and right after we hear obi wan say 'Rey' I heard 'these are your father's steps' in a really hissy voice. Only noticed it the second time I watched it. Did anyone else hear that too?
>>
>>63972864
If she isn't his blood daughter she is his "force" daughter or some bullshit
>>
>>63972789
She has to be a Skywalker, God forbid they introduce new strong force characters who don't have the chosen's blood line.
>>
>>63972789
she's porkins' daughter you fucking moron
>>
>>63973049
It was confirmed Ewan McGreggor was brought back to record that line. Frank OZ also came back to do a line (don't remember what it was), and they edited Alec Guinness saying "Afraid" to make it sound like "Rey".
>>
I figured she was some bastard from some random shutta Luke fucked in a desert bar somewhere and he knows nothing about her. I mean if Luke andLeia were the only people that strong in the force she kind of has to be his daughter, right?
>>
>>63972789
There are people on this bored that don't think she is Luke and Leia's daughter.
>>
>>63973057
I think what a lot of people forget is that the Force is not exclusively hereditary.
There do, in fact, exist people NOT related to the Skywalkers who are force sensitive.
>>
>>63972789
>The Saga films focus on the Skywalker family saga

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2015/10/kathleen-kennedy-confirms-saga-films.html
>>
>>63973237
>prodigy who mastered force usage in a matter of seconds
>not Skywalker
>>
>>63973237
>There do, in fact, exist people NOT related to the Skywalkers who are force sensitive.

Source?
>>
>>63973049
Get your hearing checked.
>These are your first steps.
>>
>>63973353
If you're making fun of the new canon, then Disney already did this with the Master and Padawan in their show Rebels. Neither are related to the Skywalker family.
>>
I think it's more that people are hoping she isn't his daughter.
>>
You can speculate all you want, but there isn't enough hard evidence to say so for sure.
>>
File: xEwpWkb.gif (490 KB, 500x201) Image search: [Google]
xEwpWkb.gif
490 KB, 500x201
>she's not his daughter because I said
>ignores evidence and the fact that Star Wars is and always will be about the Skywalker story
>>
>>63972789
It's only perfect that jj the smug asshole jew deliberately red herrings her in this manner

It's par for the course for him and equates to good storytelling apparently

She isn't Luke's daughter, it will be something else
>>
I've got a theory about that whole thing.
She's not his daughter.
She IS one of his pupils.

>A long time ago

>Luke starts a new Jedi academy and starts training several force-sensitive individuals he's discovered over the years, including Ben Solo and Rey

>Snoke comes out of the woodwork, tries seducing Luke's academy to the dark side

>Ben Solo falls before Luke can help him, and starts slaughtering his fellow pupils.

>Luke, in a last ditch effort, saves as many of his padawans as he can, scattering them across the galaxy and suppressing both their training and, as best he can, their force sensitivity, so Snoke can't sniff them out.

>Rey may have been the first to break from that, but she's not the last

>Rey and Luke will spend the next movie racing to find the rest of his scattered pupils before Snoke and Kylo Ren do
>>
>>63972789
It's too obvious that she is Luke's daughter in this movie

That pretty much guarantees that she won't be.
>>
>>63973610
>Implying Disney isn't testing the waters to see how fans would react to her being his daughter
>>
>>63973560
>"Evidence" is mass speculation
>disregarding that we already have a Skywalker
>>
>>63973722
>implying implications
They wouldn't change something like that unless it's hated, jew jew is a golden goose to them and his Ebin twists are beloved by all
>>
>>63973669

Huh. I like it.
>>
>>63973802
He isn't directing the next movie
>>
>>63973872
He has a hand in planning the trilogy as a whole and the movie isn't standing alone regardless
>>
>>63973669
Now this I like, double reverse obiwan
>>
>>63973353
>who is yoda
>who is obi wan
>who is qui gon
>who is palatine
do I really need to keep going?
>>
>Daughter
>Lukes in his fifties
>She's in her twenties
Pfft, cuckshit
>>
>>63973346
Vader?
>>
>>63972789
She's an Otaku like Ren fuck off.
>>
>>63973938
>palatine

Be my Palatine
>>
I think the simplest answer makes sense, remember it has to appeal to a normie audience too. So sure, she's Luke's kid. If not, this is fine:

>>63973669
>>
>>63973669

>Rey and Luke will spend the next movie racing to find the rest of his scattered pupils before Snoke and Kylo Ren do

Each of the pupils is chosen to be assassinated by each of the knights of Ren. They all have wildly different powers and Luke and Rey have to defeat them all.
>>
>>63972911
made me laugh that you think they do something to surprise us
>>
>>63974254
*palpatine
now fuck off you nigger.
>>
>>63974374
No no no this is Empire Strikes Back 2, not some Shounen manga. It's going to have a downer ending.

Rey's vision wasn't a memory, it was a prophecy. The knights of Ren ARE the pupils
>>
>>63972789
The visions she saw were not hers but the lightsabers past present and future. because the force you know is in the rock.
>>
>>63972789
Rey is the one who betrayed Luke and murdered everyone at the academy. She then had her memory wiped as Ben Solo fell to the dark side.
>>
>get abandoned by your father and forced to live with aunt and uncle harvesting dog shit
>become dad of the galaxy and leave your daughter alone on a barren desert planet do you can play island druid on the other side of the galaxy
What a shit ass. How is he going to explain that shit away. Also who is the mother?
>>
>>63972789
I mean, it's so fucking obvious, yet they didn't explicitly state it in the first film. So it's probably a bluff and the twist is something else.
>>
>>63974724
>Also who is the mother?

Leia
>>
>>63975040
At least now she doesn't have to explain herself.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.