[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well... shit... I hate to say it but Leo ain't getting no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (21 KB, 512x287) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
21 KB, 512x287
Well... shit... I hate to say it but Leo ain't getting no oscar for this. His performance was intense and visceral but there just wasn't enough range to justify a win.

The film itself was beautiful to behold but shallow and simple. Proof that innaratu lathers beauty with pretention and hopes that some semblance of depth drips off. As soon as he tackles a simple narrative without any current general relevance, his power dissipates. What happened to him after amores peros? That was one hell of a film.

I guess the revenant was a pretty good film but not deserving of any sort of accolades aside from cinematography which deserves to win the oscar hands down.
>>
> Wtching a screener
> Of the Revenant
> Forwhatpurpose.jpg

Anyway that's to bad. Do you think hell get nominated? I can't think of an amazing stand out this year. I wouldn't be surprised if the gave him best actor because hes missed it so many times. It's happened before. OSCARS are all politics. BAFTAS are more "accurate" if you know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>63972325
>Proof that innaratu lathers beauty with pretention and hopes that some semblance of depth drips off.

That is seriously the most pretentious thing I've ever read. Congratulations!
>>
>>63972325
>Leo ain't getting no oscar
So he's getting one?
>>
Take your reddit meme and fuck off
Leo has never deserved to win an oscar
>>
>>63972325
The guy as everyone should agree deserves an Oscar

but it's been so long now that I just don't want him to get an Oscar just for the sake of comedy

He'd be the first genuinely great actor to NOT get an Oscar. That's an award itself.
>>
>>63972742
This.
>>
>>63972325
Leo was miscast. Simple as that.

Should have hired a mature actor like Daniel Day Lewis.

Hardy was great.
>>
>>63972325
>pretention
>depth
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>63972325
>mfw I have it in 1080p since 2 days but can't watch it because I cannot comprehend a single word comming of the mouse of tom hardy and there's no good subtitle yet
>>
>>63973520
>can't understand Hady

gtfo of here you dirty smelly foreigner
>>
>>63972325
Agreed about Leo. He's pretty much in the same emotional state the whole way through and seems wooden when next to Hardy who really outshines Leo with an excellent performance.
>>
What was so good about Hardy's performance?
>>
>>63972882
God. Daniel Day Lewis fanboys are the worst people.
>>
Is it me or does his acting seem more desperate as the years go by without winning an Oscar? He's gotten to the point where he agrees to getting fucked by a bear
>>
>>63972325
This movie is shitty. Boring, no story, pretentious.

Leonardo Dicaprio is great, the locations are beautiful but it's barely watchable.
>>
Leo might get a pity Oscar from this just like Scorsese got one from the Departed. As for the movie I don't think this one was meant to be particularly deep, to me it seemed like a very straight forward revenge and survival movie. Which is very different than what Inarritu is used to, and hence why he did it.
>>
>>63972882
cringe
>>
>>63974930
He's gotten to the point that he's ending his movies with a fourth wall breaking, almost as if he's directly pleading to the Academy, "Well? Was that good enough?"
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.