[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>she inexplicably knows (in full detail, no less) how to fly,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: 4c857.jpg (60 KB, 665x662) Image search: [Google]
4c857.jpg
60 KB, 665x662
>she inexplicably knows (in full detail, no less) how to fly, repair and manage the Millennium Falcon (among other complicated electronics)
>she also has knowledge on warp drives
>even though the film makes her seem like edouin scavenger.

You know what? Fine. I'll let it slide

>Random TRAITOR nigger not only knows how to wield a lightsaber, but can also use it very well
>So well in fact, that he can take on a fucking Dark Side apprentice who not only has telepathic powers, but has no doubt been training for years
>Girl from desert planet also possess this skill
>The two of them severly damage and almost kill said Dark Side man

How in the living fuck didn't this trigger anyone? I don't understand. I sat there with my mouth open. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. What the fuck? How am I the only one bothered by this? WHAT THE FUCK?
>>
I watched with it with two friens, none of us liked it and we trashed the movie as soon as the credits started.

"God damn that was beyond retarded" was literally the first thing my friend said
>>
>>63972315
>Traitor nigger gets his shit pushed in by based TR-8R
>says he prefers a blaster on multiple occasions
>wields it well
And Kylo just killed his father, got shot by something shown to send men flying, and was shown to be heavily bleeding. Why the fuck would he be able to fight at 100%?
>>
>Implying anyone with half a brain couldn't use a lightsaber

Her, I guess I hold the handle and flail the glowing end at the bad guy...it isn't hard.

As for Rey knowing shit "inexplicably" would you have preferred a few movies showing her growing up as a scrapper?

She knew that dude had refitted some stuff on the Falcon so it can be implied she had tried working on it before, either helping the boss scrapper man or having a nose around herself.
>>
>>63972315
She's a scavenger that also refurbishes the tech before she pawns it, so it's not really any surprise she's good around mechanical stuff. The Millenium Falcon has been a part of her town for awhile, so chances are she's worked on it a bit. That aside, it's just a YT frigate or whatever and there are thousands of them.

They ditched the stupid "you need to be a jedi to use a lightsaber" EU idea, so Finn being able to use one is a non issue. It's just another weapon at this point, although Finn clearly prefers to use a blaster. Sure he holds his own against Kylo, but in the end he gets wrecked.

Kylo kills a major character, survives getting shot by a major character, puts a major character into a coma, then survives getting his ass kicked in a fight against the main character... as far as villains go he's actually very accomplished.
>>
File: 1971-toon-humbug-scrooge.jpg (30 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1971-toon-humbug-scrooge.jpg
30 KB, 400x300
>>63972315
>warp drives
Fucking out. Now.
>>
>>63972729
except wielding something =/= knowing how to use it

This was literally like a peasant who grabs a sword and starts fighting like a knight. Clones don't have fucking melee combat experience. Do you know how intimidating it is to face someone who is experienced in melee combat when you yourself have no experience?

This shit was so absolutely beyond retarded. It's inexcusably fucking stupid.
>>
>>63972952

I agree it's silly. But swordfight have never been realistic in films. They'd last about 5 seconds in real fights, or 5 minutes of slowly smacking each other in full armour until someone collapses from exhaustion.
>>
>>63972315
He was obviously toying with him OP.

You can see it in his sword movements.

But then when his wound starts to get to him. He's like OK this guy is done now.
>>
>>63972952
A) He's not a clone
B) Did you go to piss during the obvious exposition scene where a stormtrooper attacks Finn with a melee weapon?

Or do you just get all your information from shitposts?

Finn wasn't even that good, he lost to both of the people he fought against. He held his own against Kylo because Kylo sucks at anything that isn't force related.
>>
>>63972315
I just leaned back and enjoyed the well-coreographed PEW PEW PEW PSHHOOO to be honest.

And had a good laugh at the references to the old films.
>>
>>63973156
It's not that I'm concerned about realism. It's just that lightsabres are associated with skill. And it bothered me immensely that someone could just pick it up and fucking use it like they've been training for at least a year.

Like holy shit, at least make him look really ameture in his first fight. But nope, he guards well, swings well and knows how to both attack and defend. The girl as well. Hilariously fucking stupid.
>>
>>63972315
She was built like an innate absolute 10/10 character and now they will have to explain it in ep.8 with MUH MEMORY WIPE and proceed with the power creep

The final battle in ep.9 will be Goku vs Saitama like
>>
It's awful capeshit. I watched it because my pleb brother forced me to the theater.
>>
>>63972315
Stupid part of the whole film was how they handled Kylo's family.

All they had to do was leave out the Vader Grandfather line, leave out the overt "Bring him home" lines, and not have Kylo Ren take off his helmet when he talks to Rey.

Then when Han confronts Kylo, we see the man beneath the mask for the first time and all the shit drops into place.

> Oh shit, Ren's a young guy.
> Ren's Han's son?
> Oh shit Ren's Vader's grandson.
> Oh shit.

Fucking Abrams.
>>
>>63973298
How does kyle suck? Explain.

He kills a major character.

Gets shot with the strongest bow in the universe and lives.

Still has the stamina to play around with
his victims (finn).

Goes dead even with the literal Mary sue
of the franchise while still being mortally wounded.

Yeah he might be a brat, but he's pretty damn strong.
>>
>>63972315
agreed.

a skywalker with no training, not even a padawan, almost kills another skywalker jedi with training...
>>
>>63972315

You're not alone OP, I just can't believe more people aren't pointing out how fucking blatantly retarded/stupid/idiotic it fucking is.

If two nobodies could take on Kylo with a lightsaber they didn't even know how to really use, why the fuck is he even a deal? Why the fuck is any force user a big deal? Doesn't it mean any 4-5 Stormtroopers with those baton things could take on him? What's his point then?

>hurr he was wounded

You act like if he wasn't wounded he'd be twice or thrice as powerful, that's not how it works.
>>
>>63973401

I guess you could argue that he at least used it at the not-cantina battle, so it wasn't technically the first time he used it.
>>
>>63972315
fat autism
>>
>>63973528
it's because Disney have discovered they can't just copy the "I am your father" scene - it's been parodied too much and makes people laugh. this was actually the only option they had and it's just as well they didn't try to make Kylo being Han's son a surprise.

according to leaks they had Luke tell Rey he was her father instead, and they had to cut all that too because even in a less dramatic setting it would have made people laugh.
>>
>>63973528

You're vastly underestimating how dumb most people are or at least how dumb Hollywood thinks they are.
>>
>>63973562
major bad guys - even ones who will be redeemed in a couple of movies - can't be shown to be pussies on any level.

look at Miles Quarritch from Avatar, or Darth Vader, or the fucking shark from Jaws. villains need to be totally committed and driven or it immediately kills half the suspense.

protagonists are allowed to whine because they can get over it later but villains can't.
>>
>>63973462
So you're one of those idiots who wants realistic sword fights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnqOMbFDEAI
>>
A lot of TFA is "Falling with style". They realized there was a lot they could never top, so they just made their dodging as fancy as possible.
>>
G L I B
L
I
B
>>
>>63973962
realistic swords can't cut straight through metal, dude.
>>
>>63973562
>dead even
>has to be saved by fissure in exploding planet
pick one
>>
>>63972315
HOLY SHIT, Star wars exists SOLELY to make money. Full stop.

The "story" and "cannon" are the raw resources the holly-jews mine for refinement into pure money. The story is an incidental necessity in lieu of just selling straight product off the "star wars" image and license.
>>
>>63972386
even with tears running down your face from the luke reveal?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.