[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
0/10 Quite possibly one of the worst movies of the year. How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: The_Good_Dinosaur_Promo_Art_03.jpg (262 KB, 817x1200) Image search: [Google]
The_Good_Dinosaur_Promo_Art_03.jpg
262 KB, 817x1200
0/10

Quite possibly one of the worst movies of the year. How could they fuck it up this badly? Inside Out was pretty good, not one of their best, but solid family filmmaking. This on the other hand was absolute nonredeemable.
>>
>>63970776

I watched this a few weeks back at the cinema. Honestly I got bored 15mins in and spent the rest of the time shitposting on /tv/

No idea what happened or how the story ended. Only thing I can say is that some aspects of the animation looked cool.
>>
>>63970776
this is a film for toddlers although the mushroom eating scene isn't exactly suitable
>>
>>63970917
>this is a film for toddlers
I really got this impression.
>>
Eh, it was better than Inside Out. Not one of Pixar's crowning achievements, but it was decent.
>>
I think it has some merits to it. Only true animation fans will be able to see it though. It suffers from the same problem Cars 1 had; others less entrenched in the genre just assumes it's "A movie about talking cars", ergo the same can be said here, it's only "A movie about talking dinosaurs". Thw troubled production was one thing but putting it out on the heels of Inside Out was another (Also releasing at the cusp of fall much like A Bug's Life, another so-called "eh" Pixar entry). Again, I'm glad they just shipped it out instead of having it disappear, it would become very difficult not to be forever curious about it's fate.

The story may be standard fare, and it might not be the perfect high-brow work of art we all cynically wish for now, but in some cases that's OKAY. Honestly, I thought the visuala were the real treat of the film, so much so that I can think of it as empowering what little the film has going for it.

But that's just me.
>>
>>63970917
The theater I was in just laughed at that scene. They may have been taken aback by how abrupt or uncalled for it was, but they took it really well (There were some children in the theater too). Not sure how its soooo unsuitable, but I guess you forgot the movie also has several on-screen deaths where they don't make light of, well... deaths.
>>
>>63970776
I thought it was better than Inside Out however it was Dreamworks tier and not Pixar tier
>>
>>63972193
yeah its definitely disjointed for a kiddie film
>>
idc about pixar flicks though i know they're objectively great. i was interested in this bc i like dinosaurs.

can i just watch it?
>>
>>63973056
dinosaurs are into agriculture

does this put you off?
>>
>>63973130
idk. honestly the last pixar film i saw was up. i have a bunch on my computer like inside out, big hero 6 or whatever. i know they're great, but i only really watch them with a gf or my little cousins or something.

though i loved tangled mostly bc rapunzel was a qt
>>
tried watching it with my 4 year old nephew this morning we ended up turning it off about 50 mins in after about his 5th plea he was bored
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.