[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree she's a Mary Sue?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 16
File: Daisy_Ridley_Episode_VII.png (608 KB, 712x783) Image search: [Google]
Daisy_Ridley_Episode_VII.png
608 KB, 712x783
Can we all agree she's a Mary Sue?
>>
Can we all agree that this meme needs to die?
>>
Landis pls leave
>>
>>63969078

can we all agree that this guy needs to die?
>>
>>63969066
Yes. I really liked her though.

>inb4 some retard that doesn't know what a Mary Sue is says "LUKE WAS A MARY SUE!"
>>
>>63969078
>anything I don't like = le meme
go back to reddit
>>
I didn't want to believe it but after seeing the movie personally

Yeah she was Mary Sue as fuck

She doesn't even need help being rescued kek
>>
>>63969066

I don't know what that means. I had never heard the expression before this morning.
>>
>>63969102
But he was dipshit
>>
Considering a mary sue is an author insert that everyone loves, no.
>>
>>63969155
Apparently it's a synonym for "strong independent woman" as far as I can read this immature dumb 'murricunts.
>>
>>63969066
Yes. Though hopefully they fix her in the next two films. Her introduction scene is one of the best in the film.
>>
Id stick my mary in her sue
>>
>>63969066
No, there's a good explanation for her abilities. She's pretty much going to be Revan.
>>
>>63969172
It doesn't have to be a self insert.

A Mary Sue is a character that is always loved and can do no wrong
>>
>>63969339
I hope she ends up being evil. That would be fucking hilarious.

>Feminists building her up as a perfect role model and greatest character ever
>turns out to be an evil bitch
>>
>>63969339
Actually obi-Wan comes to her in her dreams and teaches her about the Force. Hence why she is able to do all that stuff.
>>
>>63969322
>Her introduction scene is one of the best in the film.
Totally agree with this. As many problems as this movie had JJ pretty much nailed the visuals.
In that first scene with Rey the star destroyer felt cavernous and daunting
when the starkiller base destroys the four planets, laser crawling across the sky with kylo in the foreground
and where han dies with that one point of light coming in looked very nice.
Its a shame they spoiled the first millenium falcon flight in the trailers that probably would have been a treat seeing it first in theaters
>>
she is a mary sue in this movie no doubt

the people who tell you otherwise always end up talking about the upcoming movies and theories that dont mean anything
>>
>>63969099
dubs confirm
>>
>>63969171
>Is an outcast on his home planet: an awkward orphan who is too callow to defy his aunt and uncle because they need him for another season of moisture vaporation.

>Gets BTFO by a sandperson and must be bailed out by Obi-Wan Kenobi.

>Is too autistic to understand he's being threatened in the cantina, again is bailed out by Obi-Wan.

>Can't hit the broadside of a barn in the Falcon at first. Han shoots Tie Fighter after Tie Fighter, and when Luke finally hits one he squeals with glee. Han Solo then alphas him.

>Almost killed by a tentacle monster in a trash compactor. Barely frees himself.

>Generally relies on the help of more seasoned fighters (Han and Chewie) to help him when he's aboard the Death Star

>By a stroke of luck (or fate?) he pilots a ship in a trench that resembles a canyon back home. He's the only one with the requisite experience to make it through the trench. His galactic redneck past of bullseye-ing womp rats comes in handy, and the Obi-Wan guides him as well.

>he would've been killed by Darth Vader and thus would've never blown up the Death Star if Han hadn't shot Darth Vader at the last second

You don't know what Mary Sue means.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWRg5fddADw

/tv/ made Landis mad
>>
>>63969066
Now that the dust has settled? Yes, yes she is a badly written Mary Sue.
>>
Slightly OP to me
>>
>>63969078
Why would they put a Mary sue in the movie if they didn't want people to talk about Mary Sue's?
>>
>>63969078
But it's not a meme when it is the objective truth.
>>
>>63969486
I also liked Rey's opening scene because you really felt her isolation with shots of her counting off the number of days she'd been there, eating half a ration, but you also feel her hope for getting off the planet with that pilot helmet.
>>
>>63969828
I don't get why she didn't just use the Jedi mind control to get more rations and have the guy give her a spaceship to fly off the planet.
>>
>>63969066
So was Luke.
/thread.
>>
>>63969996
kek
>>
>>63970079
shitty b8 out of 10
>>
>>63970079
>Luke
Got rekt by the tusken raiders, needed Obi Wan to save him
Nearly got killed by the men in the cantina, needed Obi Wan to save him
Needed Leia and Han to cover his ass constantly during the rescue mission, which ended up being a clusterfuck
Screwed up deflecting blaster bolts while Obi Wan was training him, never actually does that until 2 movies later
Rarely used his lightsaber at all
Initially annoyed Han and Leia with his naivete and innocence
Needed R2 to save him from being crushed by the trash compactor
Needed Obi Wan to protect him from Vader
Needed Wedge to protect him from a TIE fighter during the trench run
Needed Han to save him from Vader during the trench run
Piloted competently, didn't do anything the other rebel pilots couldn't do (except aim the torpedo)
Used the force once

>Rey
Beat up four guys by herself
Skilled marksman
Skilled mechanic
Knew more about the Millennium Falcon than Han and Chewie, who piloted and repaired it for years
Piloted the Millennium Falcon by herself competently enough to outmaneuver two TIE fighters, even though it required two pilots
Gets kidnapped once, ends up saving herself anyways
Better at using the Force than Kylo, who trained under Luke for years
Instantly knowledgeable about probing minds, telekinesis, and using Jedi mindtricks
Instantly skilled at using a lightsaber
Has super saiyan jedi mode, which no other jedi has ever used in the movies
May have possibly learned all of this at the ripe young age of 4, depending on her backstory
Instantly liked by everyone
Instantly trusted by the Resistance to go on a mission to find Luke, even though they barely knew her
>>
>>63969066
sure. Does it really matter though?

>>63970079
he wasn't though.
>>
>>63970079
See
>>63969604
>>
>>63970132
Luke tries to fight ice nigger
Gets fucked up and hung upside down

Luke tries to be a badass at Jabbas crib
Gets fucked up, chucked down the toilet and made to fight a shit monster

Rebel Alliance goes on sneaky commando mission
Luke just hands himself in becuase he knows he's a shit
Gets fucked up by laughing Sheev
>>
>>63970175
Yes it does when you want to see a quality sci-fi film like the OT.
>>
>>63970132
Don't forget that the freakish-looking leader of la Resistance was hugging/comforting her at the end for no apparent reason. Or is it one of those feminist solidarity things?

"You almost killed my son, but that's okay, you are a fellow woman fighting against the patriarchy."
>>
can we all agree that shes incredibly cute?
>>
>>63969066
Would still bang
>>
>>63970259
>quality sci-fi film like the OT.
lol...that's a good joke.

>>63970304
yes
>>
File: callisto_wtf_am_I_reading.jpg (62 KB, 488x492) Image search: [Google]
callisto_wtf_am_I_reading.jpg
62 KB, 488x492
>>63970259
>Star Wars
>quality sci-fi
>quality
>sci-fi
>>
what's a mary sue?
>>
>>63970287
Did you miss the part where the movie outright says Han was like the father she never had?
>>
>>63969066
can we all agree that you're fat and ugly

PRO
T
I
P
yes u r
>>
>>63970372
latest hot buzzword from the internet meme factory
>>
>>63969066
Not any more than Anakin or thousands of other fictional characters desu
>>
>>63970372
originally, it was a character that the author of a fanfic would inject into an established universe where the characters of that universe pretty much think that she was a 10/10 and would be universally loved. In most cases, the new character would be a projection of the author.
The term has sense been degraded to mean any female character that can do no wrong and is inexplicably capable of everything for no reason.
>>
>>63970390
You mean that one hamfisted line that's completely unbelievable?

Let me try a hand at paraphrasing their "relationship."

Han: I've only known you for five minutes, but you know your stuff. Join my crew
Rey: DADDY!
>>
>>63970428
>Anakin
>mary sue
nigga.
>>
File: 1450804736977.jpg (215 KB, 1000x981) Image search: [Google]
1450804736977.jpg
215 KB, 1000x981
>>63970132
>>63969066

Today I will remind them.
>>
>>63970415
>latest hot buzzword

Mary-Sue is used for years when discussing fiction, only a newfag like you would think it's a meme.
>>
>People are seriously upset that a lead character in a kid's film is a Mary Sue
>>
>>63969066
Was Han Solo a Mary Sue?
>>
>>63970415
The term has been around longer than the internet you idjit
>>
/tv/'s chart to assessing whether a character is a mary sue or not
>>
>>63970493
m8, it's become a meme. Of course it's a meme. See the post right above you.
>>
>>63970507
if it was a kids film it would be PG ya cunt
at least call it what it is, a movie for teenagers
>>
>>63970507
>If I insist it's a kid's film enough times, that mean it will be beyond reproach!
>>
>>63970530
see
>>63970132
>>
File: 1450670783646.jpg (131 KB, 485x458) Image search: [Google]
1450670783646.jpg
131 KB, 485x458
>>63970476
>8 year old beats everybody in podracing
>8 year old blows up trade federation space station thing
>mastered the spinning trick by age 8
>not a Mary Sue
>>
>>63970528
that doesn't refute anything in the post you quoted though...

>>63970526
no.
>>
>>63970530
this pic is retarded, but I laughed anyway
>>
>>63970479
>wins a fight against Kylo

this is a complete non-issue, I wish people would stop whining about it. The fact that Kylo is even still alive after getting shot in the dick with an exploding crossbow bolt, then getting his arms and legs cut by a lightsaber, then running around in the freezing cold, all after an extremely emotionally traumatic event is amazing. Also, he wasn't really even trying to kill her. Till the end he was trying to turn her to the dark side of the force rather than just kicking her into that pit.
>>
>>63970589
Jesus I don't understand this Mary Sue thing. Is Indiana Jones one? Are there any positive examples of a Mary Sue? What are the rules?
>>
>>63970479
>Luke
Blew up the Death Star
>Rey
Defeated an emo teen

You were saying?
>>
File: errol_flynn_58235-1024x768.jpg (74 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
errol_flynn_58235-1024x768.jpg
74 KB, 1024x768
>people using the term meme to describe any opinion they disagree with
You do realize you are the cancer, right?
>>
>>63970341
The original SW is a landmark film in cinema history. Not only did it tell a completely original story with quality writing, plot development, character development and terrific practical effects it became a cultural icon.

It is objectively a great film. Anyone who denys that is just being contrarian. It's ok to not like the film but denying the quality of the film compared to today's drivel is borderline idiotic.
>>
>>63970479
>beats up 4 guys
she's been alone on Jakku for 20+ years or however old she is, since she was a kid.
>the millennium falcon has been sat in the town she goes to everyday, you really think she didn't sneak on and play around? she also knows the legend of "Han solo"
>she clearly knows her way around sword like weapons hence her staff in Jakku, and also believes in the force
plus Ren has been shot by a blaster in the gut from chewbacca, this sent storm troopers flying back 20ft, he also puts anger and sloppyish swings than being trained properly Snoke: finish his training
>she clearly isn't at first, the storm trooper trick doesn't fucking work the first 4 times, she then focuses the force and it works
>she's a young chick who protected bb8 and ran away from the order, then clearly know she's a force user, helped blow up the death star 3
>again she's spent fucking 20 years on Jakku where robots and shit are, a lot of people understand wookie, it's like people being able to speak Latin nowadays
>she helped people, she's clearly a force user blab lab all explained in the goddam movie

whoever made this is a fucking sperg
>>
No more than Anakin in ep 1, Reven, or any mel gibson movie he directs.
>>
>>63970741
mary sue =/= the achievement
mary sue = how they achieved it
>>
>>63970759
The cancer can only be battled with cancer
>>
>>63970727
do you want to hate a movie or a character for no reason other than to just hate it (even though you really like it)? Then call the main character a mary sue.

>>63970762
>It is objectively a great film.
no it isn't.
>>
File: 1446675734957.jpg (12 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
1446675734957.jpg
12 KB, 327x316
>>63970762
>completely original story
>>
>>63970784
dun goofed the green text
>>
>>63970573
you forgot some
>jedi don't want to train him but qui-gon knows he's so fucking special he'll train him anyway
>higher midi-files than yoda
>christ like birth
>>
File: take it on the run, baby.jpg (374 KB, 584x821) Image search: [Google]
take it on the run, baby.jpg
374 KB, 584x821
>>63970132
no u
>>
>>63969486
Rey is fine until she magically can pilot the Falcon

Hell thats about when the whole move takes a turn for the worse.
>>
Is Finn the anti-sue?
>gets PTSD and completely fails in his first mission
>deserts the army like a coward
>loses badly in every melee fight he ever gets in, even against weakened foes
>needs to get rescued by Mary Sue repeatedly
>lies about being in the resistance
>never knows anything useful
>tries to desert the resistance (once a coward always a coward)
>lies about knowing how to turn off the shields

literally the only thing he could do decently was fire turbolasers in ship-to-ship combat, but even then he wasn't that great.
>>
>>63970479
taken the bait but whoever made this should watch the movie instead of reading threads on redditchan and summarising the movie up like that
>>
>>63970838
Tbqh spinning is more impressive and OP than all of that
>>
>>63970784
She literally only did the storm trooper jedi mind trick twice. She didn't focus shit. All she did was raise her voice.
>>
>>63970843
>people who don't like Rey
>give methodical breakdowns of how ridiculously powerful and broken she is, explain how completely different from Luke

>people who defend rey
>UR A SEXIST
>>
>>63970175
Yes it matters because Rey is boring as fuck and drags the movie down.
>>
>>63969066
this is the worst new meme
>>
>>63970843
what the fuck is she even saying?

>>63970762
>It is objectively a great film.
for kids, sure. By any other stands, no.
>>
>>63970868
go back to tumblr
>>
>>63969066
She is Vader's daughter/clone.
>>
>>63970843
Is there anyone on twitter who isn't a fucking moron?
>>
>>63970762
>completely original story
You're a fucking idiot that doesn't know anything about film. The original Star Wars is pretty much The Hidden Fortress: In Space.
>>
>>63970843
I really wish people would stop using Twitter to voi

Ce their opinions, it's the fucking worst wa

Y to try convey what you think is a serious and

Good opinion, seriously just fucking

Stop - sent from Windows phone.
>>
>>63970727
It's a sliding scale, and opinions differ on what is and what is not a Mary Sue. But what it boils down to is a character who is too perfect, overpowered, polymathic and/or too many characters seem to inexplicably adore/love/want him/her.

They are also usually an author's pet, with their mistakes and wrongdoing being glossed over while their accomplishments and skills are over-exemplified and constantly commented on by other characters/
>>
>>63970843
but isn't that the issue about making pretty women their outcry of sexism?
>>
>>63970843
She didn't refute a single one of the points made that objectivly prove that Rey is one of the most typical Mary Sue characters of all time.
>>
File: 1450813447279.jpg (70 KB, 532x465) Image search: [Google]
1450813447279.jpg
70 KB, 532x465
>>63970530
>>
>>63970867
Finn is mostly a good character but he needed some conflict with fighting his old comrades.
>>
>>63970890
she also got inside Kylos head whilst he mindfucked her for a decent amount of time, look at the fucking strain on her face. she unlocked her force potential right there.

WHY CSNT U SPERGS WATCH THE MOVIE AND NOT SEE ANY OF IT REEEEE
>>
I talked to some women IRL and they were also annoyed at Little Miss Perfect Skywalker.
>>
>>63970573

Anakin being a Mary Sue is acceptable though, because it comes at the price of him becoming one of the most evil people in the galaxy, and we already know this at the start of Episode I.

If the films came out in chronological order, I imagine people would have came down on him even harder than they are Rey.
>>
>>63970928
Vaders clone, you mean she is a girl with a feminine penis
>>
>>63970890

Did you not pay attention to the actresses expression and tone of voice?
>>
>>63971023
Landwhales' opinions don't matter
>>
>>63971009
this is as fucking retarded as Goten from DBZ learning how to be a supersaiyan

absolutely unearned bs
>>
>>63971103
I thought it was cool
>>
>>63971063
I mean, she's Vader reborn, in some way or another. In 8th movie we will know her surname, but in 9th there will be a twist about her actual "parents".
Also, I can't wait to see Kylo's face.
>>
>>63971069
THIS so fucking bad.

why can people not see this shit jesus christ
>>
>>63970914
Not even just for kids. For every standard of film. Why do you think it's so highly regarded? It's similar to John Ford's "The Searchers" in it's critical execution of it's themes are story lines. The prequels are more kids movies than the OT.

>>63970952
No it's not. It's nothing like it. If it's close to anything it's The Searchers.
>>
>>63971103
maybe you should stick to watching 12 years a slave every night and having discussions in IMBD about those movies if you cannot comprehend a Star Wars movie.
>>
>>63971009
Holy shit, they really are going to have her learn by osmosis.
>>
>>63971054
>it's acceptable because of this arbitrary reason I just laid out but we're not giving Rey's character a full trilogy to expand before coming down on her
This is why people think everyone bitching about this is retarded

I agree that she is but it's not distractingly so

It's a fucking fantasy movie, fantastic shit it supposed to happen
>>
>>63971141
There you go.
He is one of the worst villain i've ever seen in a movie.
>>
>>63971009
Again, this is completely ridiculous in terms of established canon use of the force. It's common knowledge that the force takes years and years to master.

>Kylo Ren
Has years of training from Luke and Snoke under his belt but is still only an apprentice

>Rey
Learned about the Force yesterday

She shouldn't be able to do shit with the force outside of maybe move an object on accident or two.
>>
>>63971244
>le characters all have to look like models meme
>>>/hm/
>>
>>63971244
You start watching hollywood flicks last week?
>>
>>63971274
try watching the movie
>>
>>63971069
>raises her voice
>second try
>able to use one of the most difficult abilities of the force effectively

Nice try though. It's an incredibly stupid plot point. You're seriously in denial. Just think about it for a second.

A better solution to that situation would have been for her to use her mechanical knowledge to escape the restraints. It had already been established that she knows her way around repair of parts.
>>
>>63971358
I have. It's pretty clear you haven't.
>>
>>63971244
Nice. He looks like a human being.
>>
>>63971224
>we're not giving Rey's character a full trilogy to expand before coming down on her

Oh, sorry. I didn't realise it was necessary to wait four years and watch every installment of a trilogy to critique one fucking movie. What a ridiculous thing to say
>>
>>63971358

Take your own advice bud. Ren trained for years and Rey is a n00b.

>but mah injury

There's no reason Ren should be out forced by Rey. None.
>>
>Rey mentions hearing stories about Luke and his powers, specifically mind tricks
>Tries to mind trick storm trooper, he tells her to fuck off
>Finn and Poe save her in another way
>Poe pilots the falcon
>Kylo Ren fucks Rey up until Chewie saves her

There, she's fixed
>>
>>63971274
>It's common knowledge that the force takes years and years to master.
Since when? Luke held his ground against fucking Darth Vader after a couple of years. Kylo Ren simply wasn't that strong.
>>
>>63971519
that sounds awful
>>
>>63971519
this

and make the starkiller base not get blown up
then movie is fixed
>>
>>63971477
Who's this Vader guy? Why does he sound so dumb? Is he a robot?
Also, are they wizards?
And why, in G-d's name, first movie is named Episode 4?!
>>
>>63970479
She only comes off as a Mary Sue due to how fast she achieved everything she did.
The movie has 2 movies worth of development crammed into it as everything needed to be sped up a fuckton to move the story along for whatever reason.
Also because JJ cant into slow scenes/movies.
Fuck I think the only time the movie slowed down was during Ren and Han´s moment.
Many of the problems with the movie would be solved if it was slower and bothered to explain things visually and wasnt in such a rush to resolve conflicts as soon as they begin.
>>
>>63971524
Are you kidding me? You do realize that there is a 3 year gap between each of the films right? And Luke has training from one of the most powerful jedi's to ever live.

In RotJ, Luke still only just holds his own against Vader. The only time he ever has the upper hand against Vader is when he finds himself beginning to give into the Dark Side which is exactly what Vader wants.
>>
>>63971519
sup virgin
>>
how many midichlorians did rey have
>>
>>63971524
But vader didn't want to kill luke, he tried to recruit him to the dark side
>>
>>63971640
Disney demanded JJ cram in too many details so people would have to see it again and again to understand everything going on.
>>
>>63970867
hes a conflicting character because he is a man so he must be worse than a woman because women > men but at the same time he is black and blacks > whites so he is mostly a ok character.
>>
>>63970784
That's a nice fanfiction you've just written. Where did you lern to project so well?
>>
>>63971576
you mean, make the starkiller base not exist

they literally doomed the film with that shit. Empire Strikes Back is literally only about the main characters running away, then Luke coming to face Vader.

there was no reason TFA couldn't have been about trying to find Luke and Han/Kylo's relationship leading to him dying.

then save the latest superweapon (a more original one) for the next movie.
>>
>>63971689
Only two, in fact, but yay big.
>>
>>63971524

He lost to Vader in the first fight, badly. He initially loses to Vader in the second fight. Vader NEVER tried to kill Luke, only to subdue him. Luke only got the upper hand when he embraced his darkness. Luke was trained by Obiwan initially and then Yoda, who are both masters respectfully, Yoda being the wisest Jedi master of the previous generation. NO ONE trained Rey, ever.
>>
>>63969066
well she was shown to be afraid and somewhat naive

but then got over it pretty quickly

whatever problems there are now they'll fix in the next movies when they'll flesh her out more
>>
>>63971726
Do you have a source on that?
If they did cram all these little details then they would help explain what is going on as oposed to leaving everyone questioning the plot and execution especially after multiple viewings.
>>
>>63971815
I don't have an article on hand but it's obvious Disney wants this to beat Avatar with money to spare.
>>
>>63969066
Over all yea, but I think it's mostly bad writing more so than an intentional attempt to make this character overwhelmingly powerful and talented.

The movie was long as is but a few minutes of Rey carefully searching the ship and skillfully unhooking specific pieces and then haggling with the "portions" guy about the quality of the scraps she's brought in. Would have shown more technical ability than straightening an antenna and hooking it back in. Having a girl that refuses to leave the planet because she has this deep hope her parents will return one day and so focused on it she's marking off each day and then wants to rush back as soon as she gets off planet, either needed to be wiped completely and changed into a girl that hated her life and was trying to barter her mechanic skills to get aboard a ship but being turned down because she's young or a girl. Or Have Finns job on the Starkiller be a delivery pilot instead of a Janitor (even though it might mean losing that SWEET garbage shoot line) and while he has a basic knowledge of transport he's unsure of himself when it comes to things like FTL and space travel in general. So he still needs Poe to help him escape but He can fly the Falcon while Rey can fix it and use her natural strength in the force to make great shots while manning the blasters. And small things like that would have evened everything out making her a more balanced character.
>>
File: 1450618369629.jpg (82 KB, 868x888) Image search: [Google]
1450618369629.jpg
82 KB, 868x888
>>63970784
>Masters force mind manipulation in a half minute
> But, dude! She tried 4 TIMES!
That's still learning to use mind trick in less than a minute, tumblr. Oh, wait, she also wrecked Kylo Ren in mind tug without any tries or training whatsoever.
>>
>>63971888
Sorry then I dont see how its obvious. A shame cause if you had an actual article I could believe you.
>>
File: 1450735359878.png (464 KB, 878x900) Image search: [Google]
1450735359878.png
464 KB, 878x900
>>63971979
Why Phasma was so shit?
>>
Yuo know Id be fine with her being super fast learner if they mentioned she was a supergifted genius.
But I guess thats what this first movie was about (show dont tell) but some peop,e still need it spelled out to them.
Doesnt make it any less cringeworthy but at least making it "canon" I can suspend my disbelief.
>>
>>63970890
how else would you show a force mind trick working?
>>
>>63971979
>dark side isn't stronger than the light
go figure
>>
>>63972284
what can be greater than UNLIMITED POWAH?
>>
>>63970447
Male characters can be Mary Sues too, we just call them Gary Stu or some other bologna genderswap. It's not a gender specific quality, though.
>>
>>63971979
>Watto resisted Qui Gon
WTF OVERPOWERED HEBREW STU STAR WARS IS RUINED FUCK
>>
>>63971519
>turn her from an overpowered stereotype to a damsel in distress stereotype
Holy shit how boring are you
>>
Who cares if she's a Mary sue, are you saying that there can't be fantasy in a fantasy film?
>>
>>63971477
To critique a character that's supposed to grow and develop through a trilogy? Yeah, it might make sense to hold off final judgement you autist.
>>
>>63971592
Millennial confirmed.
>>
>>63972676
A New Hope was a fantasy film and Luke wasn't a mary sue
>>
>>63972756
Luke was a winy bitch. I hated that faggot all the way until he started to kick ass at Jabba's place.
>>
>>63972756
If we judged films based on logic, every film would be relatively shit, so don't.
>>
>>63972810
>/tv/: the post
>>
>>63970479
>someone was so irritated they made this image

The Autism Awakens
>>
>>63970287
This bothered me so much. Why Leia was hunginf Chewie, but that skank for no reason?
>>
No. More than likely Luke trained her to a degree when she was little. She's like Anakin, a prodigy in the force.
>>
File: ScreenHunter_04 Dec. 22 01.17.jpg (72 KB, 1230x387) Image search: [Google]
ScreenHunter_04 Dec. 22 01.17.jpg
72 KB, 1230x387
>>63972873
>>
>>63969078
>criticism = meme
Holy shit faggots are so deep into metahipster bullshit that they can't differentiate between rare pepes and normie shit any more.
>>
She's a Mary Sue. Had potential in the first few scenes but she hit Mary Suedom hard

>>63971274
>completely ridiculous in terms of established canon
>established canon
>Disney
>Grim Fairy Tails
>established canon
>Disney
>no brakes on this train
>>
>>63969066
Not really, because it's only the first movie in the trilogy and JarJar Abrams can't write female characters for shit.
She'll develop as a character in the other too, at least I hope so.

But as for this moment, yes.
>>
>>63969066

she's a whole new level, we need to stop calling them "mary sues" and call them "reys"
>>
>>63970867
pointless character He added nothing other than a convenient way to know more about the First Order and their base. Now that it is gone... What?
He; Can't fly well, is not knowledgeable of the universe, is emotionally stunted due to being a stormtrooper, he not a good fighter, has no link to the force and back pain. The best he can do going forward is to be comedic relief."
>>
File: finn new jarjar.jpg (56 KB, 615x447) Image search: [Google]
finn new jarjar.jpg
56 KB, 615x447
>>63973828
<----basicaly
>>
>>63973870
this is the worst meme people are trying to force about this movie
>>
>>63973933
doesn't mean its not accurate.
>>
>>63973117
criticism is a meme on /tv/ you must be new.
>>
>>63973828
Obviously rey will turn to the dark side and kill chewie/luke and kylo requiring finn to become a jedi and battle her
>>
>>63974206
You're right, it not being accurate makes it not accurate
>>
>>63969066
No, her name is Rey. Have you seen the flick, retard?
>>
>>63973933
>nigger detected

Hey, maybe next time you can have a real role model
>>
>>63973828

Finn serves as the everyday person caught in a world of heroes and villains. He was a nobody stormtrooper who gets caught up in some serious shit and realizes he's been trained from birth to kill people. He just can't bring himself to pull the trigger and decides he's just gonna run away from it all. However, when given the opportunity to finally get away, he chooses to stick with Rey as she was the only thing close to a friend that he had. As the movie progresses, he slowly builds up his confidence and courage. The final fight scene where he grabs the lightsaber cements the idea that he had made a conscious decision to fight alongside the Resistance to stop the First Order. He serves as the people's champ, the average hero, and the guy who's gotten into something way bigger than he had ever imagined.

His vices, such as his earlier eagerness to run away from the fight for his own safety and his mediocre abilities makes him a more believable character and far more likable. Unlike Rey, he's not all that knowledgeable. He doesn't have the Force and he's not the destined hero of time or whatever.
>>
>>63969066
R AE H
>>
>>63975243
back to /pol/ faggot
>>
>>63975243
nogoals detected. how long have you been living with your parents anon?
Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.