[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
star wars TFA FUCKING SHIT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 13
File: kylo-ren-header.jpg (48 KB, 640x379) Image search: [Google]
kylo-ren-header.jpg
48 KB, 640x379
What the fuck did i just watch? no seriously, what the fuck?

i dont know where to start with this monstrosity of a flick. if it wasn't for the obvious faces and lightsabers it would just be the usual high budget flick with the thinking that fancy effects and explosions will make a 'movie' good. fucking wrong.

i couldnt tell if it was at the start, beginning or end due to the lack of structure and plot - infact im still struggling to see what the plot was? the whole thing dragged out to see some old fuck standing on the cliffs - greeeaat.

what really fucking me off was how they mocked the dark side to be a laughing stock. that pathetic joke making the clone troopers run away when kylo was throwing a tantrum.
-kylo was meant to be the evil sith boss but actually got KILLED by a girl using a lightsaber for the FIRST FUCKING TIME. the fucking dindu put up a good fight, they both have zero fucking knowledge in using one, let alone the force in general. what the fuck?
how can anyone possible criticise the prequels with pieces of liberal shit like this one? there were no characters in TFA with any presence, or something that made you think 'wow i like this guy'. the prequels had mace windu, anakin, obi wan, darth vader, darth maul, etc. what did this one have? the characters were fucking dull as fuck, im actually angry as im typing this i just cant get over what i just watched and i need to vent it somewhere.

trust disney to fuck up this bad. i dont even need to mention (but i will anyway) the obvious racism with the dark side being all white, and the 'goodies' being a melting pot of spics, chinks, dindus, females etc. how can this racism even be allowed?

sadly ticket sales determine the success of a film, and so people will feel obligated to think this flick was good but in reality it was tediously boring, which lacked a plot, characters with any redeeming qualities, and made the dark side a joke.

well done abrams for destroying a franchise
>>
im still laughing at how kylo can just die like that. a sith who was almost brought to tears, who questioned his ability to use the force. only reported back to snoke with failure after fucking failure, while a black guy and some random desert bitch running around with zero knowledge in anything (they didnt even know if jedis were fucking real or not) yet they manage to beat someone who was trained in the fucking art.

im angry but all i can do is just laugh, laugh at how bad theyve fucked up.
>>
>>63968217
I agree
>>
>>63968350
im glad were in agreement
im relatively young (20) but i feel bad for the older generation who grew up watching all of them, to see it turn into a piece of shit like this
>>
no way is Kylo dead
>>
i thought i was watching a scene from BLACKED.com
>>
>>63968217
Holy shit
Learn formating you fucking retard
>>
>>63968432
dead or not he still got fucked up by a bunch of amateurs

oh yeah i just remembered how rey had a sudden realisation she can control people with her mind. fucking incredible
>>
>>63968217
you're generally correct, but prepare your soul because this is Reddit hour peak, and they'll come at you until you say TFA was a good movie

Also a special mention to the new meme word: Contrarian
>>
It makes me sad they ruined the ending of VI. Yeah, the movie is fun but i cant love it because of the harm it does to the OT, i wished they went a different path with the story.
>>
>>63968487
sorry but i dont post ever, i was so angered by this movie i had to vent somewhere. its not hard to read unless youre fucking retarded
>>
>>63968534
Kek I just finished reading it
Characters with presence like Mace Windu and Darth Maul
ahahahahahahahaa
>>
>>63968597
darth maul was a good fighter, he was actually a THREAT. he belonged in the dark side. he didnt cry and get beat by a girl who only realised she could use the force 5 minutes prior.

what is wrong with mace windu? firstly hes actually a decent actor and had a good role.
>>
I would rather watch a movie about Luke and the Jedi Academy than this piece of shit.
>>
>>63968504
wait until they pull a "memory wiped previously" card in ep.8, to justify her innate ability
>>
File: Riot Control.jpg (76 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
Riot Control.jpg
76 KB, 560x560
>>63968217
Kylo never finished his Jedi training.
Kylo never got Sith training from Snoke either.
Kylo is literally a babby "Sith" as demonstrated and explained several times throughout the film.

Finn is a trained soldier, he would have had experience with pic related.
Rey had fighting experience with her staff as demonstrated in that scene where she beat up two guys before Finn could run over and help her.
Also, Kylo was easier to fight because he took a blaster bolt to the chest.

Snoke isn't white, he isn't even human, he's confirmed as tall as Chewbaca (8ft+) according to Sorkin.
>>
>>63968217
fucking this. You finally understand. All the fucking plebbits are too autistic to see the truth.
>>
>>63968217
>that pathetic joke making the clone troopers run away when kylo was throwing a tantrum.
Stopped reading there. Clearly your opinion is garbage if you can't tell the difference between clone troopers and stormtroopers.
>>
i love how R2D2 suddenly decided to wake up at the end. and hey presto! the map is revealed, lets go visit luke on the cliffs. (Rey for some reason goes by herself LMAO

what could a pensioner possibly contribute to a series? how could he save the day exactly? i guess we'll find out
>>
>>63968765
fucking this
>>
>>63968691
babby sith or not. the point is why is there a babby sith running things? why is he given that authority? please explain that
>>
>>63968691
This
>>
>>63968765
Was it RLM that mentioned that luke touched r2 before he powered down. So he felt it was time to power up towards the end

Bullshit either way.
>>
>>63968809
He doesn't actually run anything, all of that is left up to General Hux.

He's more like the Emperor's enforcer in training.
>>
>>63968597
The prequels actually have a lot of good, memorable characters in them. The biggest casting blunder is Anakin, both times.

>Obi-Wan
>Qui-Gon
>Mace Windu
>Ki Adi Munda
>Plo Koon
>Palpatine
>Dooku
>Grievous
>Jango Fett

These are all characters that spring to mind who were at the very least interesting, be that on a purely visual level or in terms of their actions within the films. They have a certain 'presence' to them on-screen, they're larger than life.

Ridley and Boyega seemed like a couple of obnoxious London inner-city teenagers. Dressed like them too.
>>
>>63968659
Mmmm. Fresh pasta
>>
File: jack-lost-we-have-to-go-back.jpg (15 KB, 300x508) Image search: [Google]
jack-lost-we-have-to-go-back.jpg
15 KB, 300x508
>the villain is called Snooke
>he's shitty CGI
>talks in the most forced EVIL VOICE ever conceived
And that's when I knew this is capeshit and not Star Wars. Not even Lucas shat this hard on SW with the prequels.
>>
>>63969006
if he wasnt trained, then he should be an apprentice like anakin was. why was he walking around with a mask on representing the face of the sith if he hadnt even finished his training ? especially with the first scene when they raided that village, him stopping that bullet mid air without even looking at it, meanwhile chewbacca managed to shoot him easily
>>
>>63969026
Honestly, Hayden did fine in ROTS. His lines were hard as fuck to pull. The script and direction was the bigger. He was doing the best he could. Even more seasoned actors struggled. Samuel L Jackson didn't even bother to act. He just showed up on the set as himself.
>>
>>63969029
>i hate the prequels so much that now i HAVE TO like anything new that comes out
>>
>>63969074
agreed. snoke was the most generic looking villain ever. the sort of thing a kid would draw if he was told to draw a 'bad guy'

>>63969029
bye reddit!
>>
>>63969119
>especially with the first scene when they raided that village, him stopping that bullet mid air without even looking at it

He wasn't fighting anyone else.

>meanwhile chewbacca managed to shoot him easily

He was distracted.

He IS an apprentice. Nowhere in the film do they call him a Sith, he's just the leader of the Knights of Ren.
>>
>>63968217
>>63968294
Is the whole point of this thread to force a meme that Kylo died?

That's dumb.
>>
>>63969150
That's what social media operates on. They are so desperate to distance themselves from the prequels that anything that isn't prequels is considered good. Fucking RLM are the biggest hypocrites of this. They nitpicked the prequels to death yet overlooked major glaring plot holes in TFA because it's a "soft reboot". What a bunch of bullshit. Social media can change people.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRgXGigPKuc

That's what the prequels gave us. What did TFA give us? Obnoxious tumblrinas on Twitter blaming criticism of the movie on racism? Disney's coffers being filled for more capeshit-like movies?
>>
File: 1327016673528.jpg (52 KB, 428x489) Image search: [Google]
1327016673528.jpg
52 KB, 428x489
>>63968217

I'm with you OP
>>
>>63969200
>He was distracted.
Fucking force wielders don't just get distracted like that. For someone that can freeze laser bolts in mid-air, he went down way too easy by some fucking untrained street punk.
>>
>>63969230
>Social media can change people

I was reading in another thread that "Minions" cost 75 millions and got back 1.5 billions. And i now understand the whole facebook maymay to death.

At this point i wonder if it's even worth to argue about SW.
JJ did his thing and we wont go back. It's over.
>>
Yeah yeah go cry about it some more.
>>
>>63969222
like i said, dead or not, he still got his fucking ass kicked by a bunch of untrained kids.
infact to say they were untrained would imply they were atleast showing interest in that lifestyle, or like young anakin wanting to be a jedi. the dindu wanted to fucking run off, he had no interest in the force or lightsabers yet he managed to defend himself, as well as rey who didnt even know the force existed a day before
>>
Just admit it, there's absolutely no movie they could have made that would have been good to you. Because you remember the originals with childhood nostalgia glasses
>>
File: 1450725656256.jpg (160 KB, 501x750) Image search: [Google]
1450725656256.jpg
160 KB, 501x750
>>63969150
>I like the prequels
Is this 2016's hottest new meme?
>>
>>63969444
the real problem is was just the de-progression of the character Kylo

It's ok to make him lose or draw the final fight, it's good, it's what someone would expect

They just depicted him too strong in the beginning, and that forced people to turn their heads at the end
>>
>>63968217
This is a bit harshly worded, badly formatted and there are a few falsehoods in it (Kylo didn't die).

That being said, discounting the actual rage, it's the same as I felt.

It makes for a decent action flick. A spectacle romp you don't care about, but if you approach it the same way as the rest of the Star Wars movies, it's fucking pathetic.

Not a single establishing sequence in the entire movie. Seriously, watch it again, the only time the movie actually sits back and lets the scene speak for itself, is at the very end with Luke. Any other time, we have 3 seconds of showing a Star Destroyer, then people running around all over the place.
Nowhere in this movie do we get a single shot that looks like it's Star Wars. No twin moons, no Vader overwatching the fleet. No approach to Bespin, no C-3PO going through the Rebel base on Hoth, or Speeders out, looking for Han and Luke.

Actually I take it back. There is one establishing sequence, and that is the Not Cantina scene. That's it.

There's also the fact that JJ's "You can see the whole universe in the sky" bullshit is back, with the Rebels seeing a star system being wiped out in the sky in real time, even making out one of the planets, though we know from the establishing shots of every other Star Wars movie, that the Star Wars universe is not this claustrophobic.

Instead of the massive fleets of the previous movies, now we're expected to believe that the Resistance is doing worse in terms of military vehicles than the Rebels did in A New Hope, without even a single shit that could have obliterated the Death Star's weak spot the moment the shields went down, without a need for fighters to fly in, since it didn't even need a precision shot, just the destruction of a room.

It's fun, but the moment you start thinking of it in context of Star Wars, it falls apart completely. And that is one of the main reasons the Prequels are called shit, but most reviewers seem to just ignore it. It's ridicolous.
>>
>>63969547
i don't like the prequels. try harder shill. TFA is still shit
>>
File: jollyver.jpg (23 KB, 450x250) Image search: [Google]
jollyver.jpg
23 KB, 450x250
>>63969547

No, it's 2015's. We're already in the shit brother
>>
>>63969564
>without even a single shit
Sorry, meant to say ship. Like you know, those nice medium sized ones from Return of the Jedi.
Guess my frustration just got out there a little.
>>
>>63968217
Offical power ratings
Episode II: truly the greatest piece of cinema ever made (thank you george) 10/10
Episode I: Not as good as II but still a cinematic masterpiece 9/10
Episode III: Great movie but too much edgy gritty emo shit 8/10
now for the bad part
Episode IV: Boring kid flick 4/10
Episode VI: Not as bad as IV but still really boring 5/10
Episode V: One of the worst movies ever made overrated shit praised by manchildrens 1/10
Episode VII: Disney cashgrab literally NEW HOPE 2.0, literally 0 soul...George would be ashamed 3/10
>>
>>63969388
>The unfortunate reality of The Force Awakens and soft-reboots, is that they will be around. Forever. They will never go away. They can never be undone.
>>
>>63968809
He's not running jack shit. He seems to be on the same level as that other First Order General. The only good thing about Kyro is his lineage, literally, it's the only thing he has going for him.

As for the Fin vs. Kyro. The more I think about it the more I like it. He was just some dude swinging a lightsaber and got fucked up accordingly.
>>
>>63969564
nice post, sorry my formatting could have been better, i got the point across though

>It's fun, but the moment you start thinking of it in context of Star Wars, it falls apart completely.
this

although i dont get the hate on the prequels, they were actually like a star wars film to me.

id say its a good flick, but it bored me to tears so imo it failed even on that front - but thats all subjective. what isnt subjective is that its a shit STAR WARS film. and thats fact

>though we know from the establishing shots of every other Star Wars movie, that the Star Wars universe is not this claustrophobic.

this as well. its funny how quickly they travelled from planet to planet, as if going to the shops
>>
>>63969778
>He's not running jack shit

so what is he, just the bosses kid that gets to run around the work place?
he was made to look like he was running shit and we were given that impression from the very moment he stepped out of the ship, blocking that bullet. the mask alone and his whole essence implies he is of importance, and the fact that he just walks around the ship giving orders just like darth vader did. so ill have to disagree with you there
>>
>>63969755
Joking aside, I really do think Episode II gets shit on way too hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ME5jhsgmB4

I'm not saying the prequels were perfect, flawless pearls of movies, but they're certainly nowhere near as bad as edgy Gen-X manchildren like Reddit Letter Media would have you believe. There's some real imagination and flair in those movies, it's just brought crashing down by bad dialogue and flat camerawork during any dialogue-heavy scene.
>>
>>63969916
The problem with the prequels, was less that it wasn't like Star Wars, and more that it was poorly exectued.
The story had weight to it on paper, but the actual dialogue, how much time was given to certain plot elements, and the lack of threat from the enemy really undermined everything else.

The war's general lack of theat is the most obvious.
In the OT, it felt like the Empire was a clear and present threat. They were everywhere, and they couldn't be stopped head on. They had to be circumvented.

In the PT, the droids were really just a lot of an otherwise weak enemy, and they never really posed credible threat to the heroes.
The republic had it's own intangibly large fighting force to make war on the enemy's intangibly large fighting force, and the droids were downright useless against the protagonists who were combat expert Jedi.

Really, there should've been more of Empire's Luke in Obi-Wan and Anakin's behaviour. He avoided combat on Cloud City, and it made it feel like taking on a squad of stormtroopers would still be a threat to him. PT Obi-Wan or Anakin would have just cut his way through the entirety of Cloud City until he found Darth Vader and it would have killed much of the tension.

What could have made the PT infinitely better I believe, is if it was established that there is a part of the Galaxy that the Republic controls, and a part of the Galaxy that the Separatists control, and then have the "war" part of the story revolve around the Jedi infiltrate the Separatist's part of the galaxy, with little to no possible backup.

Infact, honestly, one character I would have included would have been Tarkin. Would have made a lot of sense, if he's some sort of pro-Palpatine Leia type leader, who is in charge of guirella movements in Separatist territory, and works together with Anakin, forging a sort of trust, that would explain Vader's respect to Tarkin in A New Hope. It also would have created a character who is in clearer danger.
>>
>>63970024
Darth Vader didn't actually run anything, the generals like Tarken did.
He was the Emperors personal enforcer on the ground, same goes for Kylo.
>>
>>63970202
I never understood why people disliked the prequels as much as they do. They're not as good as the originals, but they aren't nearly as bad as everyone says they are.

I agree that Jar Jar made episode one too "Kiddy" and the prequels generally have bad dialogue, but it's not like the originals are that much better at dialogue.

I think what really killed SW:TFW for me was a lack of space drama, it was Star Wars but it didn't feel like a Star Wars film. They also managed to have even more plot holes then a Star Wars movie usually has.
>>
>>63968217

So...Try beats up these dudes on the market with her stick pretty easy and you retarded piece of shit think, that it is unrealistic, that she can fight with a fucking sword.

Aren't you able to ducking follow a two hour movie? Really?
>>
File: star_wars_trailer-620x412.jpg (58 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
star_wars_trailer-620x412.jpg
58 KB, 620x412
> Abducted from home @ age of 5
> Trained to be a murder-death-kill-bot
> One step above clone, two steps above droid
> Has only known First Order entire life
> Only interacted in a military setting
> Only received military education, training

Within hours of his "awakening"

> Not acting like a tabula rasa
> Bubbly personality
> Full command of casual, formal English
> Knows how to bullshit and lie
> Has attraction to Rey
> No residual chemical behavior modification from F.O.
> No evidence of brainwashing

He basically goes from Terminator 1 to giving the thumbs up at the end of Terminator 2 without earning it AT ALL.

He doesn't even need to learn any social cues or norms from regular hoo-mans.
>>
>>63970522
*Rey
*fucking

Fucking smartphones
>>
File: storm.jpg (46 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
storm.jpg
46 KB, 500x312
>>63968217
>they both have zero fucking knowledge in using one, let alone the force in general. what the fuck?

Finn had at least used a lightsaber before. Plus he's been raised as a storm trooper his whole life.

Rey 'grew up on the mean streets of Jakku and had to fend for herself'.
>>
>>63968691
Finn was a fucking janitor he wasn't trained at all
>>
>>63970585
>Rey 'grew up on the mean streets of Jakku and had to fend for herself'.
Actually I have a question about that.
Since Rey can pilot the Millenium Falcon at least as well as Lando within a minute or so of taking off, and can McGuyver any piece of technology she comes in contact with:
Why did she need to fend for herself in the first place?
She sounds like she'd be the single most important person on that rock, who no one should fuck around with because she's the person who can fix all of their shit.
>>
>>63970522
>can fight with a large staff
>now I can also outclass a trained swordsman using swords that essentially kill me when I touch the "blade" in any way
>>
>>63968677
The symbols on her helmet she has on Jakku spell "Rhae"
>>
>>63970692

More than that, it contradicts the first label we get for her; scavenger.

A scavenger is more likely to be skilled in running than being skilled in self defense/combat.

I think its implied that, being an orphan in a rough neighborhood, she had to learn some combat basics in order to survive. So in other words, shes self taught.
>>
>>63970692
i think the innate abilities of Rey are sort of ripped off from Ian Solo Daughter in EU

If i'm not mistaken, in there, she was a child prodigy even stronger that how Rey is depicted in TFA, she could fly the Falcon at first try only by instinct and was a huge force sensitive

But i'd like someone to confirm it. I'm sure i've red something along these lines
>>
>>63969564
Tbh the only shots that looked like Star Wars to me were the Rey scenes on Jakku, the rest did look like JJ Star Trek/capeshit tier
>>
>>63970522
theres a difference between a stick and a fucking lightsaber. they are used in completely different ways

>>63970523
lmao this
''why did you help me?''
''because its the right thing to do'' JUST

i wonder if they will even bother to justify him being immune from brainwashing since the age of 5
>>
>>63968427
I'm 31 and don't plan on seeing it. It looks so plain and paint-by-the-numbers and soulless. The originals were more than just "splosions". Maybe I'll torrent it to see how bad it is but I'm definitely not paying for it.
>>
>>63968217
>evil Sith boss

EVEN THOUGH HUX TALKED DOWN TO HIM

EVEN THOUGH WHEN KYLO DOESNT HAVE HIS MASK ON HE VISIBLY TURNS AROUND AND IS CAUGHT OFF GUARD WHEN HUX WALKS IN

you SPERGS are fucking idiots
>>
>>63968217
>i couldnt tell if it was at the start, beginning or end due to the lack of structure and plot
This is user error if I've ever seen it. The movie was structured just fine.

You know it's at the beginning because we're being introduced to the new characters and they're learning about each other. You know it's in the middle because they're learning about themselves and their roles are growing more important. Then you know it's at the end because it's a Star Wars movie they're trying to blow up a Death Star and having a lightsaber battle.
>>
>>63971564
dont give them any more money, not that it will make a difference. but for the principle. just torrent it and laugh at how bad it is
>>
>>63971564
I spent 11 euros to watch it in 3d

The ticket for a regular show would have cost 5.5, if i could go back that would be the maximum amount of money this shit deserves
>>
>>63968691

Not blaster, but wookie crossbow. Same crossbow that shoot people flying back on hit.
>>
File: 1450790528107.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1450790528107.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>
>>63971919
>decades of friendship between Ian and Chube

>"hey chube lemme try this crossbow for the first time to make a gag"
>>
>>63971933
is this the sequel to Blue is the Warmest Color?
>>
>>63971321
>i wonder if they will even bother to justify him being immune from brainwashing since the age of 5
This. Finn is a funny, charming and fully functioning normal human being despite being abducted as a child, raised to be a military pawn and not even having a name.

Granted he said he worked in sanitation but still. Were the stormtroopers allowed to have an average life outside of work or something? Like he asks Rey if she has a boyfriend almost right away. Why would he even know what a relationship is!? I thought he was built to be a killing machine. He should be as cold and emotionless as Mace Windu.

Ah whatever.
>>
>>63971933

So quirky
>>
>>63971974
kek
>>
So is Rey confirmed Luke's daughter ? Or some very young padawan out of fucking nowhere
>>
>>63972108
nothing confirmed but very likely. Like we didn't need another obvious shit twist from this franchise
>>
>>63968217
It feels very "agenda driven". JJ said as much. Hollywood doesn't care if you hate a movie as long as you pay for it. I've learned to vote with my wallet. I am NEVER paying for this shit.
>>
>>63968659
>>63969026

You cannot be serious. People are now unironically defending characters like Mace Windu and the rest as good or interesting characters. Jesus christ, I can't believe I'm reading this shit on what is suppose to ve a board dedicated to film and television.
>>
>>63972216
ure an idiot man xD
atleast the prequels had soul xd and IDEAS xDDD
They had fresh ideas xD
George is a truly misunderstood genius and a fantastic director xD
>>
>>63972216
>not liking Samuel L. Jackson with a purple lightsaber leading the Jedi
jej
>>
>>63969026
>>63968659
Cmon man how could you forget about Dexter Jettster
>>
>>63972285
>George is a truly misunderstood genius and a fantastic director xD

literally no one is saying this, but the other two are supportable.
>>
I thought it was good senpai. Yea it was uncreative but the acting was good. Finn and Poe were based. I liked the characters. There were a bit too many jj mocks the originals moments but whatever, that's all he knows how to do. The only other thing that was dumb was when characters had to announce their relationships: OUR SON, GRANDFATHER, YOUR FATHER, like the audience doesn't understand it,
>>
File: 1375391643724.jpg (11 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1375391643724.jpg
11 KB, 251x242
>>63972339
>the other two are supportable
>>
>>63972321

Who could forget about Kit Fisto??? Truly a beautifully unqiue and well rounded ensemble cast.

>>63972339

Fresh, interesting ideas mean jack shit if the movies are absolute rubbish
>>
>>63972108
Must be. It's the only reason why she'd have been abandoned like that, to hide her from her cousin darth edgy.
>>
>>63972355
>like the audience doesn't understand it
I might be getting meme'd on but half of /tv/ doesn't seem to understand anything about the movie.
>>
>>63972446
oh yeah and you do?
>>
>>63972406
>Fresh, interesting ideas mean jack shit if the movies are absolute rubbish

Oh look, it's like talking about TFA, but in there you also have to remove ideas. I wonder what's left then.
>>
>>63972548
nah
execution wise TFA is great
>>
>>63972548
Do you actually believe that TFA wasn't well made?
>>
>>63968217
>muh white genocide!!! LIBRULS!!!
it makes me smile when you people get so encased in your /pol/ worldview that you can't enjoy things
>>
>>63968217
Great pasta man
saved
>>
>>63968217
you obviously didn't watch the movie

saged because you're a retard who cba to actually say correct things when you try to trash a movie
>>
OPs tiny racist mind can't comprehend a modern star wars reflecting the modern, diverse world.

What a sad little man.
>>
>>63972644
your naivety makes me smile. how could you even avoid the agenda abrams is pushing? it was so blatant i couldnt just enjoy it. it makes me depressed to see how society has changed, and mainly, star wars
>>
File: lememeface.jpg (7 KB, 223x226) Image search: [Google]
lememeface.jpg
7 KB, 223x226
>>63972720
>>
>>63971564
>The originals were more than just "splosions".
So is this one. It deals with the mythology in a way closer to the originals and has arguably the same amount of soul and emotion.

The new characters are fun and interesting and have personality like the ones in the OT did and the OT characters are also used well.
>>
File: livCaWS.jpg (38 KB, 599x395) Image search: [Google]
livCaWS.jpg
38 KB, 599x395
>>63968217
This is a joke, right?

>characters with presence
>mace dindu
>darth maul

Reminder that millenials are this dumb
>>
>>63972548
I know you're memeing but TFA's execution was great.
>>
>>63972982
10c has been deposited into your account! ;^)
>>
>>63968691
>can freeze a bolt with the force
>gets hit with a bolt when he knows others are watching

quality writing
>>
>>63972982
>there are people that genuinely believe this

stop kidding yourself into thinking its good. is this your minds way of protecting yourself against realisation that this movie was fucking terrible?

>>63973009
better than dindu and rey, and all the other tfa characters. you cant disregard the prequels because of the two people you mentioned
>>
>>63968427
>im relatively young (20)

This explains every part of your criticism. You're a retarded prequel baby, who can't pick up on subtlety. Your grammar also suggests you're some breed of sperg, so that's something to consider too.
>>
>>63970652
Yeah, that's why he was on the combat mission that attacked that hostile village, right?

Shut the fuck up if you didn't actually see the movie.
>>
>>63973259
B T F O
T
F
O
>>
Snoke is a fucking awful name. I couldn't take seriously any scene where his name was mentioned
>>
>>63968659
>darth maul was a good fighter

LOL

He was a great dancer, sure.

OP played too many star wars video games as a kid and has absolutely no frame of reference for what the prequels and Darth Maul actually were on screen. It's all drowned in "epic" fluff wank.
>>
>>63973259
are you not going to counter any of my points? or just avoid it because of my age? faggot
>>
>>63973333
snoke has a snuss up his sniss
>>
Honestly I really really liked it.

There were some flaws, such as Rey being literally perfect at everything she does and that she can never do wrong and Finn's sudden concern over Rey.

The things I really liked were Old Han and Leia and their chemistry, Kylo Ren being a believable literal edgy teenager, the fact that the movie even pokes fun at it, SNOKE, and the Finn and Poe bromance.

It's a proper 8/10. Not as good as the Original trilogy and not as laughable as the Prequels. Just some good old fashioned Star Wars fun.
>>
>>63973259
Hey, fellow oldfag here.
Go fuck yourself.

Way to feel superior, and talk shit at someone because you had the good fortune to be around when AC/DC or maybe the Beatles was a thing.
Ever consider that maybe the next generation is so disappointing with their lack of vision, because you're being an emberassment for humanity that would rather be a faggot and act like some greater-than-thou big wig who is "above these young imbeciles" instead of actually sharing your insight and teaching them how they can see things like you do?
Does it make you feel big, when you make the next generation want nothing to do with us, and in effect make everything we love disappear over time because they will not be willing to carry on what we held dear?
>>
File: 20060919-BORAT.jpg (17 KB, 429x360) Image search: [Google]
20060919-BORAT.jpg
17 KB, 429x360
>>63968659
>darth maul was a good fighter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw
>>
>>63973100
>better than dindu and rey, and all the other tfa characters. you cant disregard the prequels because of the two people you mentioned

Kylo Ren - A conflicted scion of the Skywalker family, struggling to live up to his Grandfather's legacy, hides behind familiar imagery to seem more intimidating and badass when in reality he's a coward.

Darth Maul - An apprentice to Palpatine who is red. Has a double lightsaber.

Count Dooku - An old man who was a jedi only now he isn't. Fights for Palpatine for reasons.

Novel information is irrelevant to the discussion because in most cases it can't be inferred from the movie at all, and is written retroactively to flesh out completely flat characters.
>>
>>63973609
>gets completely assblasted
>replies with stale pasta
E B I N
>>
>>63973609
>Hey, fellow oldfag here.
>A run on paragraph full of typos and bullshit

lol

OP leave.
>>
>>63972982
I saw the movie, man. It's absolute trash.
>>
>>63968217
>its an "I'M SO ANGRY THAT THE LATEST FLICK IN THIS FRANCHISE IS A FLICK!" thread
>>
>>63973658
>>63973658
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw [Remove]

basically this 100%

Any time anyone tells me how much better the lightsaber duels were in the prequels, this is what I show them, then they shut up about it.
>>
>>63971974

kek
>>
>>63973840

somewhere in the last 15 years a meme developed that made star wars fans think non-force sensitive people can't even turn on a lightsaber

finn, rey, or anyone else with weapons training would be able to outclass the average person and even survive for a short time against a force user, barring their opponent using other force powers.
>>
>>63968217

>kylo is dead

what, now people don't even have movie watching comprehension?
>>
>>63968217
why do you have such a shit taste?
>>
It was really good as from the ending being another

>hurr we must destroy da death star
>>
>>63973840
>choreography autism

I'm not saying this is wrong, but there is a lot about the scene that works: the music, the staging of the scene (where Darth is just standing there badass and everyone else immediately leaves to let the Jedi handle it)

TFA had nothing that came close in spite of PM's flaws.
>>
>>63970947
All of the Solo children were considered prodigies due to their Skywalker blood. At least they had the benefit of being trained by the greatest jedi of their era for years before they started tackling the really big shit on their own.
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.