[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will this "Mary Sue" meme die? Tv Tropes knows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR.png (37 KB, 707x184) Image search: [Google]
IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR.png
37 KB, 707x184
When will this "Mary Sue" meme die? Tv Tropes knows what's up.
>>
It's an archetype, retard.

Nothing 4chan invented or has any influnce of its definition.

There are also Gary Stus (male version). There are plenty of other archetypes.
>>
Does TV Tropes still has its "anything can get a page, even a 6-page webcomic that only 3 people ever read" policy? Have we made a Latza page yet?
>>
>>63967923
Shortly after you faggots stop taking the bait/fuck off back to your home boards.
>>
File: 1450808173003.jpg (215 KB, 1000x981) Image search: [Google]
1450808173003.jpg
215 KB, 1000x981
>>
>>63967923
Anakin in the prequels was a Mary Sue, just like Rey. He literally could do no wrong in TPM, and even in the later films he was evil, whiny, and stupid; but he never actually fails up until the fight with Obi Wan.

Luke had tons of fault though, so...
>>
Let us be honest. They tried a little too hard to make her cool. Still though it is fucking Star Wars, not exactly the pinnacle of good writing. But it does stand out a bit as trying to be modern and progressive.
>>
File: urban-sombrero.jpg (44 KB, 736x546) Image search: [Google]
urban-sombrero.jpg
44 KB, 736x546
>>63967923
>like encountering an Orgasm Sheriff halfway through an Orgy, rating our joy on a 1-10 scale for our "own good"
What does this even mean?
>>
>>63968118
>but he never actually fails up until the fight with Obi Wan

He gets taken prisoner in the droid factory and then gets his arm cut off by dooku
>>
>>63967923
cry more cucky
>>
>meme
Why are there so many low IQ /co/ and /v/eddit posters here?
>>
>>63968102
damn, Rey really sounds like Revan from the first KOTOR

there has to be some memory wipe Force shenanigans revealed in Ep. VIII
>>
>>63968164
That's just story progression. Rey gets captured , is instantly knocked out by Kylo, and gets slammed unconscious into a tree in her first major fight.

None of these are character faults.
>>
>>63968102
>>63968102
>>63968102
>>63968102
>>63968102
>>
>>63967923
>that Del Taco quote

wow what a fucking degenerate.
>>
>>63968227
Anakin's overconfidence that led to his arm getting cut off is a character fault
>>
>>63968032
Someone do this
>>
>only women can be Mary Sue characters

smdh 2bh family guy
>>
File: WEWLAD.jpg (49 KB, 625x393) Image search: [Google]
WEWLAD.jpg
49 KB, 625x393
>>63967923

>Objective Fact
>Meme
>>
>>63968118
In Phantom Menace, Anakin won the pod race because of Qui Gon. Qui Gon saved him from Darth Maul before they left Tatooine.

After that he's kept out of harms way until the he blows up the Trade Federation ship which everyone hated.

Poorly using a character that everyone disliked to justify Rey's marysue-ness is silly.
>>
>episode 8
>we find out Reys middle name is Nikana
> rey nikana -yer anakin
>ooooh so thats why she was good at everything. It makes so much sense. She isnt a Mary Sue at all and is just Anakin reencarnated
>Bravo JJ
>>
>>63968286

Yeah cause the men are called Gary Stu's pham u dumb nigga
>>
File: 1389631610836.jpg (76 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
1389631610836.jpg
76 KB, 650x433
>"x" is saying "y", why don't you agreed with "x" /tv/
Have this ever worked for you OP?
>>
>>63968372
u wanna fyt irl, m8?
>>
>>63968307
I'm not justifying Rey, I think they are both shitty characters. I'm literally arguing that she is a Mary Sue, because she is written like he was.
>>
>>63968102
I AM WOMIN HERE ME ROOAAR!!!!1
>>
>>63968396

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

Be there or be square m80
>>
>>63968009

I'm certain you don't know what an archetype is.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (93 KB, 1000x1200) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
93 KB, 1000x1200
>>63968158

I'm the Orgasm Sheriff, do you have any idea how fast you were cumming?
>>
>>63968645
I can't help it if I'm a premature ejaculator
>>
>>63967923
Never. It sucks too. I loved Rey, but as I was watching her, I just knew faggots were going to call her a Mary Sue.
>>
>>63968409
Sorry anon. I misunderstood.

She's still worse than Anakin though.
>>
>>63967923
when movies, TV, books, etc. stop using them.
>>
Speaking of TV Tropes, what the fuck is a Woobie and where did that come from?
>>
>>63967923
Tvtropes is also filled with retards, what else is new? Let's stick to actual facts instead of marketing and fanwanking

From their first movies

>Luke
Got rekt by the tusken raiders, needed Obi Wan to save him
Nearly got killed by the men in the cantina, needed Obi Wan to save him
Needed Leia and Han to cover his ass constantly during the rescue mission, which ended up being a clusterfuck
Screwed up deflecting blaster bolts while Obi Wan was training him, never actually does that until 2 movies later
Rarely used his lightsaber at all
Initially annoyed Han and Leia with his naivete and innocence
Needed R2 to save him from being crushed by the trash compactor
Needed Obi Wan to protect him from Vader
Needed Wedge to protect him from a TIE fighter during the trench run
Needed Han to save him from Vader during the trench run
Piloted competently, didn't do anything the other rebel pilots couldn't do (except aim the torpedo)
Used the force once

>Rey
Beat up four guys by herself
Skilled marksman
Skilled mechanic
Knew more about the Millennium Falcon than Han and Chewie, who piloted and repaired it for years
Piloted the Millennium Falcon by herself competently enough to outmaneuver two TIE fighters, even though it required two pilots
Gets kidnapped once, ends up saving herself anyways
Better at using the Force than Kylo, who trained under Luke for years
Instantly knowledgeable about probing minds, telekinesis, and using Jedi mindtricks
Instantly skilled at using a lightsaber
Has super saiyan jedi mode, which no other jedi has ever used in the movies
May have possibly learned all of this at the ripe young age of 4, depending on her backstory
Instantly liked by everyone
Instantly trusted by the Resistance to go on a mission to find Luke, even though they barely knew her
>>
>>63968917
>but as I was watching her, I just knew faggots were going to call her a Mary Sue.

You thought that because she is one.

You can like the character and still recognise she's a Mary Sue.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.