[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Hateful Eight Holy fuck this movie is so fucking bad.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 6
File: hateallfucking8.jpg (516 KB, 612x907) Image search: [Google]
hateallfucking8.jpg
516 KB, 612x907
ITT: Hateful Eight

Holy fuck this movie is so fucking bad.

3 whole long hours of fucking slow, boring, nothingness of a bunch of shitty ass "western type" actors acting as. Kurt Russell is shit, the woman is shit and annoying as fuck, they even managed to make Samuel Jackson look like shit with this movies shit ass script.

AND OF COURSE TARANTINO HAS TO PUT HIMSELF INTO THE MOVIE BY USING HS VOICE AS A VOICEOVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And of course Michael Madsen is in it, the guy who if you see his name in the film, you know it's not gonna be good.

Anyone else who has seen the DVD screener think this movie was utter shit and a waste of time? Thoughts otherwise?
>>
>>63964967
I bet you didn't like reservoir dogs
>>
I liked it
>>
Wait, there's already a screener ? Where ?
>>
>>63964967
I thought it was extremely uneven. Dialogue went from good to horrible. The music felt tacked on. the sets and costumes were Broadway tier. Acting was meh.
It could've been a very good 90min movie, but we got 2h47 of pure uncompromising QT instead.
>>
>>63965751

I did like Reservoir Dogs. Every movie after that Madsen was in was horrible though. Or at least he was horrible in it. That movie is the one exception for me, but really, the dude even in RDogs isn't doing a great job of acting in it, it's passable enough to be enjoyable with the cop scene but that shit isn't too hard to act. It seems like he puts in the most minimal amount of effort into his roles as he can to get by. Dude isn't no top-tier actor by ANY means, which is why he's broke and does every single acting job that comes his way, shitty or not, whether he likes the script or not, if they pay him, he'll be in the movie. And you can tell when an actor doesn't have the passion, heart, and hard work to give their utmost highest possible performance and they're just there for the pay check. Just check the dudes actor credits, he's admitted to just taking any role he can because he has so many child support bills and other shit he can't afford.
>>
>>63965911
I'm sure there's torrents, but I have seen it on numerous streaming movie websites in DVD quality and no downloading.
>>
Looks like Hateful 8 is a pleb filter.
>>
>>63966121

Here we fucking go
>>
>>63966061
Wasn't it Samuel L. Jackson that said he'd take any role offered to him?
>>
how does Madsen get any roles ever?
it always sounds like he is reading lines straight from a cue card or something.
I purposely avoid movies with him in it.
>>
>>63964967
i thought it was good....it felt like a really twisted version of the game clue
>>
>>63965911
putlockerdotis already has it in great quality. as well as the revenant
>>
>>63966121

I really enjoyed the movie. Re watching it tonight.

Goggins' really steals all the scenes he's in.
>>
>>63966173
Idk, maybe? I havn't really watched anything of him since Pulp Fiction, that I can remember at least, so it's quite possible he does do that. I mean, the guy did "Snakes on a PLane", which I havnt seen because it sounded fucking stupid, so he may just be another actor like that. But Jackson is at least a better actor than Madsen, idk anyone who would disagree with that.
>>
>>63966121
This. Its one of the better Tarantino flicks

>muh ADHD
>muh boring
>muh westerns
>>
BIG
>>
>>63965911
www.google.com

youre welcome m8
>>
>>63966061
Madsen has like 6 lines in hateful eight
>>
File: 1448135498275.jpg (79 KB, 653x590) Image search: [Google]
1448135498275.jpg
79 KB, 653x590
>/tv/ hates it

its probably really good then
>>
>>63966344
Movie is way too long. How many times did they have to show them nailing the door shut after coming in from the blizzard? At least 20. Whole bunch of other useless crap which should have been cut. This movie did not need to be almost 3 hours long.
>>
it's his best since kill bill vol 1 desu
>>
>>63966404
6 lines too many.
>>
>>63964967
>mommy forgot to buy my ADHD medication
>where's all the CGI?

You are fucking retarded, why don't you go back to your /who/ general, kid.
>>
>>63966429
Thats not even long holy shit
>>
>>63964967

>plebs are actually going to gather their families on Christmas to watch Tarantinos literal BBC fantasies get acted out on the big screen
>they're also going to PAY for it

Let that sink in.
>>
>>63966429
We get it, you've only just turned 15 and still think that action movies are the only ones worth watching.

Fuck off.
>>
Why does Tarantino try so hard to be Takashi Miike?
>>
>>63966497
>implying
>assumptions

I don't mind a heavy dialogue movie, if the script is good and interesting, but this isn't one of them.
>>
>>63966570
Better characters, story and writing than TFA.
Yet TFA has already made over 500 million.
>>
>>63966429
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Edx9D2yaOGs
>>
>>63966606
But it is good and interesting.
But clearly dialogue heavy films aren't for you.

The story is original, the characters interact well with each other.
I immediately felt my self drawn in by the plot and enjoyed it immensely.
>>
>>63966513

Have you seen the movie? 3 hours of shitty script where the only set is a cabin is pretty fucking long, and not liking the movie makes it feel even longer. Most movies today are not 3 hours long by the way, so your comment really doesnt even make sense.
>>
My Opinion again. The movie started out good and got worse as it went on. Kurt Russel acting was phenomenal. Samuel Jackson was great. Goggins was outclassed and couldn't stand up to the rest. Madsen was good in his scenes and believable ,but didn't really have much camera time. Tim Roth was mis-casted. Prisoner was good and crazy.

Great dialogue in the beginning and the set up for the cabin during the blizzard was tense and how you know something is off.

Distasteful scene with an agenda push with the blowjob scene from the generals son and mr jackson. Also really amateurish and horrible choice to include an out of nowhere character during the climax. Also very poorly done how they voiced over and rewind the coffee poisoning part. Nothing redeeming at the end. Just boring dialogue, people get shot, boring everything, and a decent ending with the hanging part but not worth the pay off.

Also much of the story is just out of place. Like the gang was ok murdering the whole cabin before, yet it was too risky to just kill 3 men on sight? Ridiculous. even Like as the two were dying of poison, why not just shoot Samuel Jackson? Also why not just wait til Jackson and Goggins bleed out near the end instead of trying to kill them? or why didn't Samuel Jackson kill the others when he had them at gunpoint, like he killed Joe the Mexican when he was un-armed? Also Samuel said that minnie and sweet dave were racist against mexicans but that was not the case since she was nice to them in the flashback.
>>
>>63966696

I can accept that you liked it, great, but I didn't find it enjoyable, perhaps people can accept my opinion as well. If not, IDGAF
>>
Nailing the door was hilarious you fucking plebs.
>>
>>63966735
You do realize that your posts come off as if written by a fucking child, right?
There's nothing wrong with long movies, nothing wrong with a dialogue focus.

Clearly this movie isn't for you, why don't you go and post some more about how the new Star Wars is Gods gift to the world?
>>
>>63966735
I know where talking about Tarantino here but you just sound like a pleb
>>
>>63966815
>Samuel Jackson was great. Goggins was outclassed and couldn't stand up to the rest.

This is backwards. SLJ was just playing SLJ in like in every other movie. The guy doesn't even act anymore.

Goggins character stole every scene he was in.
>>
>>63966819
>IDGAF

how reddit can you get?
>>
>>63966819
Your opinion is based on the fact that you can't sit still for more than 15 minutes unless there's over the top CGI action and explosions.
>>
>>63966855

Only Star Wars movies I ever watched were the very first 3. Have no plans to ever watch this new Disney propoganda b.s and pay them my money for pushing their agenda down my throat
>>
>>63966815
i agree with this all the way. except that samuel l jackson acted like he does in every other single movie he makes
>>
>>63966934
Oh you're a tinfoil hat neckbeard, makes sense now

Disneys only agenda is making as much money as possible
>>
>So it's Django part two. Too long, dialogue that falls off and desperately in need of Sally Menke.
>>
QT has an ambition that really can't be anythign but admirable but i'm just so tired of him. Not sick of his shit, though that is true, I just feel really tired whenever I think about seeing his movies.
>>
>>63964967
capeshit plebs: the thread
>>
>>63966899
idk I felt like it took a while for goggins to fully get into character
when the movie started he was overdoing it and had a lot of pauses inbetween words llike he was trying to figure out how to twist his accent
near the end he seemed to be fluent naturally
>>
IMO it was good, but one of his lesser movies. It had a lot of landscape scenes that look Amazing on 70mm but if you aren't watching it on that it loses its effect. Django and Ing Basterd are ssoooooo good because of their dialogue, which this movie has little of. If this movie had shortened the ending it woulda been his best, but the beginning 3 chapters are like 45 min then we get 2 hours after the twist
>>
>>63966855
>There's nothing wrong with long movies, nothing wrong with a dialogue focus.

Never said there was. I'm talking about this movie, you idiots are bringing up shit that isn't even relevant to this topic.

>>63966906
Yeah, because abbreviations are only on reddit, fuck off.

>>63966927
>you can't sit still for more than 15 minutes unless there's over the top CGI action and explosions.

Again, another assumption based off of nothing I've stated.
>>
>>63967074
It's based off the fact that you've been complaining about the movie being too long with too many words and not enough shooting.

Kill yourself you ultra pleb.
>>
>>63967074
Hey reddit :)
>>
File: howdy.webm (2 MB, 720x260) Image search: [Google]
howdy.webm
2 MB, 720x260
>quentin boasts 70 mm
>most of the movie is in the fucking haberdashery
So stupid
>>
>>63967012

This. I can feel his narcissism oozing through the screen.
>>
Goggins doesn't know how to method act. He over acts to compensate and creates unnatural characters.
>>
>>63967125
>>63967158
my thoughts exactly.
>>
To what extent do you agree with this review? Me: all the way.
http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/the-hateful-eight-2015
>>
File: 084.png (298 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
084.png
298 KB, 600x512
>>63967125
Yeah I really dont feel bad about this getting kicked out of the cinerama dome now
>>
>>63967437
exactly.
>>
>>63966815
Goggins was the best part of the movie. At least as far as acting went.
>>
>ctrl f dingus
>no results
>people actually paid to see a movie with the BIG BLACK WARM DINGUS scene in it
>people still give tarantino money
>>
>>63966899
This.
>>
>>63964967
needed more Sweet Dave
>>
>>63968075
>BIG BLACK WARM DINGUS
I can imagine Tarantino licking his lips and touching his crotch as he wrote that scene into the screenplay
>>
Thought it was great whats wrong with you OP
>>
i've been hearing a lot of mixed replies and "reviews" from different anons over this movie

i was on the fence on whether i should watch the 70mm roadshow or the revenant but i guess i'll watch both and see for myself
>>
>>63966341
>Hasn't watched Snakes on a Plane
Nigga you better be joking, it's not Asylum tier but it's the definition of "So bad that it's good"
>>
>>63967125
Fuck, I already bought tickets
>my first 70mm experience will be ruined by literal cuckery
>>
It was pretty shit desu

>madsen does nothing
>the general has no reason to exist
>that fucking pathetic bloody vomit scene
>channing shoots SLJ in the nuts and doesnt finish him off
>he also doesnt kill the sheriff while having clear advantage
>fucking poisoned coffee
>tarantino's voiceover
>roth's accent
>pointless scenes and dialogue
>that slowmo when SLJ was speaking in the end

Too long, madsen and bruce dern should've gotten more screen time and SLJ less.
>>
>>63970855
>roth's accent
Elaborate
>>
>>63970920
Looked like he was trying to imitate waltz' accent in django. Which he probably actually was, but kinda ruined the immersion.
>>
>>63966815
>Goggins was outclassed and couldn't stand up to the rest
>Tim Roth was mis-casted
These are some terrible fucking opinions.
>>
>>63967125
When will this uneducated meme end. You still get a superior resolution even in indoor scenes, 70mm isn't just for super large vista shots you fucking retard.
>>
>>63971170
>>63970855
>accent
Meant acting.
>>
>>63971170
Did you even watch the film? His characters was literally acting, that accent was put on on purpose. Do you not remember the part where he just fucking drops it and goes full cockney after killing all the niggers in the flashback?

Shit was brilliant.
>>
>>63964967
It wasn't good. I bet it looked good on paper though. Watch all these fucking autists try and tell you it's great.
>I-I'm a p-patrician t-though
It was boring, get over it.
>>
>>63969793
I watched them back to back (revenant first) and it ruined the hateful eight for me. It felt like watching improv compared to the meticulously crafted revenant.

>the closing the door bit
>mfw QT is now resorting to meme tier shenanigans in his movies.
>>
>>63971553
where's your face
>>
>>63964967
Sounds awesome. I'll watch anything /tv/ hates enough to start a thread about this point. Usually it's way better than the boring patrician core shit you faggots claim to like. Gonna see TFA about twenty times this week, bringing a pretty large handful of friends each time.
>>
>>63971774
>friends
leave grandma alone, loud noises scare her
>>
>>63966429
>How many times did they have to show them nailing the door shut after coming in from the blizzard?

Two or three and it was funny every time.
>>
>>63964967
I just marathoned the whole movie. It was pretty good. The blowjob in the snow was a good laugh.
>>
I really liked it.

Didn't care about the runtime, it was consistently entertaining.
>>
>>63966173
Yep. He doesn't really care about the movie, he just does it because he likes to act.
>>
>>63971877
Kill yourself memer
>>
>>63971994
You're on a meme board, expect memes.
>>
Revenant or Hateful Eight, which would you guys recommend?
>>
>>63971415
Not even boring. Just that nothing happens half of the goddamn movie. And in another quarter or so - general dies, who cares.
Ok, this movie really catches the experience of having to sit in a shithole haberdashery for a long time. Is this art? Is this entertaining?
>>
>>63964967
Shut the fuck up. This movie is acceptable and had some good performances.
>>
>>63964967
dont let the january release date fool you

january = shit movies
>>
>>63964967
>mfw his character was telling the truth
this motherfucker right here made me enjoy the movie.
>>
File: waltongoggins__130927162004.jpg (947 KB, 1364x1859) Image search: [Google]
waltongoggins__130927162004.jpg
947 KB, 1364x1859
>>63972301
forgot pic
>>
File: Species2Caps_014.jpg (39 KB, 480x268) Image search: [Google]
Species2Caps_014.jpg
39 KB, 480x268
>>63964967
>And of course Michael Madsen is in it
I always wonder how that guy continues to get work. But I'm only basing that off his performance in the Species movies.
>>
I really liked this movie. Can anyone recommend me some similar films.
I like the idea of people forces to stay in same place and not trusting each other
>>
>>63972992
Have you seen Carpenter's The Thing?
>>
>>63964967
If you think this movies is boring try watching The Revenant
>>
>>63973029
Will now
>>
>>63964967
>"western type" actors
Do you even know what you're saying
>>
>>63973147
12 year old detected.
>>
>>63964967
New pasta :D
>>
>>63973474
You're 10 years off
>>
>>63973547
22 year old fag detected
>>
>>63966986
This.
>>
>>63967015
Pretentious arrogant neckbeard detected.
>>
Why make another western after django?
>>
ITT

>I have short attention span, I like to see non stop shooting in westerns with obvious villains, and what's up with nailing the door or Jackson looking at the candy on the floor, I don't want to see details I want to see action this movie had too much talking
>>
>>63975753
except django was equally shit
>>
>>63975753
>i-it's not b-boring! y-you just have ADHD!
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.