[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Go to an American cinema >Have to endure 30+ minutes of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: shia.jpg (163 KB, 496x485) Image search: [Google]
shia.jpg
163 KB, 496x485
>Go to an American cinema
>Have to endure 30+ minutes of ads and trailers before the actual movie starts
What the fuck? Is this the norm over there?
>>
It's the same in Britain. 30 mins. Standard
>>
>Doesn't get shot
>No clapping
>No showers
>No crab legs

L E G I T
E
G
I
T
>>
File: shia.jpg (40 KB, 963x676) Image search: [Google]
shia.jpg
40 KB, 963x676
>go to an american cinema
>no formal dress code
>no overture before the movie
>no intermission after the first half
>crablegs instead of lobster

What the fuck? Is this the norm over there?
>>
>>63964727
>30+ minutes of ads
>>63964769
>30 mins. Standard
Wait guys, are serious?
>>
>>63964727
America is a huge commercial shithole didnt you notice yet?
>>
I used to arrive late specifically because of this, but this was often at the expense of losing decent seats.

So I started tying my falcon to the armrest while I went out to take a shit or spy on the showers, and I haven't had any problems since.
>>
>>63964954
Stay mad, Mohammed.
>>
>>63964990
Is there no such thing as online booking for cinemas in the US?
>>
>>63965052
What kind of fancy ass theather do you go to where they have reserved seats?

Booking lets you make sure the theater won't be full but in most of the world the seats are on a first come first serve basis
>>
>Buy digital media with cash money.
>30 minutes of anti-piracy ads and trailers.
>remember piracy is a crime and harms the economy, family.
>rip it to handbrake, which is punishable by a fine and possible jail time if you're caught.
>read about idiots that share the movies with their neighbour and get sent to prison and anally raped.
Fuck me.
>>
American cinemas really play ads before the movies? Aren't you already paying for the movie so you won't have to watch the ads like in a tv?
Truly the land of freedom
>>
>>63966052

No, you're paying for a seat in a cinema. Operating said cinema incurs costs, plus the reel is a hefty penny.

In America we are free to capitalize on whatever we wish, which is why we are on Mars, and you are not.
>>
>>63965302
Wait, srsly? In what kind of 3rd world country they dont let you book your seat online?
>>
File: 1419688705930[1].png (71 KB, 896x716) Image search: [Google]
1419688705930[1].png
71 KB, 896x716
>>63966220
god bless advertisements, remember we landed on the moon so u gommunist europe bastards keep ur traps shut x-----DDDDD america
>>
>be non-amerifag
>see a movie in america
>45 minutes of commercials
>they clap after each one
>half the audience leaves after 20 minutes to go and buy the products in the commercials
>half of those people get shot and never return
>guys sitting next to me come back carrying george foreman grills
>plug them in and start cooking meat
>seek refuge in the showers
>can't get in without tipping the shower guard
>movie starts
>non-stop clapping and whooping for the first hour
>leave
>can't leave without tipping
>start clapping and theater staff all join in
>sneak past while they are distracted
>get shot on way home
>>
>>63964769

Same in France. Most annoying thing ever.
>>
>>63966220
It would be free if I brought my own chair then?
>>
File: anon's cinema experience.png (53 KB, 1152x579) Image search: [Google]
anon's cinema experience.png
53 KB, 1152x579
>>
>Go to an American cinema
>cinema doesn't have showers to use after the movie
>>
>go to britbong theater
>only concessions are chocolate globbernauts and caramel chewygoos
>kindly ask the concessions booth technician for some dental floss
>OI M8 EWE WONT A WOT? JUS KNOCK EM PESKY CHOMPAHS OUT WIFF ISS ERE AMMER
>hands me a ballpeen hammer
>EWE JUS SUCK ONNA CANDIES M80, ONLY REAL FOOD WE GOT ERE IS BOILED MUSHYMEAT CASSEROLE ANYWAY
>tip 20% out of fear
>THANKY AVE A GOOD TIME AT THE SHOW GUVNA
>y-you too
>>
>>63966220
GOD BLESS ADS
THESE ARE THE SACRIFICES WE MUST MAKE FOR FREEDOM AND SPACE PROGRAM
>>
>>63966734
>not singing the national anthem before watching the movie
Fuck off commie
>>
>>63964727
Why is he so red?
>>
I've seen the same in European cinemas, depends where you go, and what time. I never mind because the movie starts on the indicated time and the commercials just help you to wait.
>>
>>63967056
We've got this "grand old film hall" that shows classic matinees over the summer, and there actually is a live organist and we all have to rise and sing the state anthem before the show. Not joking.
>>
>>63966524
>>63966972
These are some seriously assblasted Europoors.
>>
>>63964727
its so people have time to leave after the movie ends and so there is time for people to come in and get situated

beats sitting in darkness listening to mindless chatter
>>
So? They used to show show a blank screen. Now at least something is showing. Not seeing a problem with it. Most of the time its a behind the scenes of some movie they are trying to promote. Not always that bad.
>>
>>63969185

I'm American, and in my city, when the movie ends, everyone quickly tries to shoot a load on their own seats so the next batch of viewers have to sit on cum.

We're fucking retarded.

>I lick that shit up
>>
>>63964727
why were you 30 minutes early?
>>
>>63965302
Canadafag here, I always reserve my seats online.
>>
>american cinema
>clapping everytime somethings happens in TFA

I want out.
>>
>>63969291
Because you can't book seats in America
You have to show up 30 minutes in advance
>>
>>63969369
>american

Oh honey, lots of yuros were talking about how people were cheering when they saw Luke onscreen at the end. Its not just Americans buddy.
>>
>>63968663
That actually sounds pretty awesome, especially if they played the 1812 overture right before an action movie.
>>
>>63969695
Theaters are actually starting to move toward reserving seats desu
>>
>>63964727
I'm german and I went on a saturday at 23:15 to see Star Wars.
Those fuckers made us watch 45minutes of shit advertisements and trailers.
This definitely isn't the norm, but those fuckers do it anyways.
>>
>>63964769
I enjoy it, but only when it's adverts for films
>>
>>63966305
Seat booking is done in some theaters in the United states, there's several theaters in my city that do seat booking. I prefer non-booking ones since they're cheaper and have better audio and video, excluding IMAX
>>
>go to american cinema
>sit through 45 minutes of ads, fat overweight blobs of lard taking up a minimum of 2 seats applaud at every single one of them
>have to recite pledge of allegiance before the movie starts
>finally it does
>more applause
>basketball-americans in the back hooting and hollering at the screen the entire time
>about halfway into the shooter the designated theatre shooter begins his rampage
>murrilards applaud his accuracy
>tip him 25% as they get gunned down
>I get shot but manage to escape by chanting black lives matter, and out of fear, the theatre shooter avoids shooting me further
>go to the hospital
>375 000 dollar bill for treating my gunshot, plus 20% tip
>murrifats in the hospital waiting room applaud as fireworks explode and hamburger music starts playing
>>
>>63970701
It was forced, but I still kek'd.
>>
>>63970852
Sorry man, I woke up like half an hour ago and I haven't really gotten into prime shitposting mode yet, I'll post a better one once I get my bearings
>>
>>63965302
Mexifag here, every cinema in this country has online booking, wtf gringos
>>
>go to an American cinema
>30 minutes of penis inspection
>30+ minutes wait time to hop in the showers
>clapping checks every 15 minutes
>assigned seats
>theater shooting simulation to make sure everyone knows what to do when it happens
>the actual theater shooting
>have to wait between 15 and 20 minutes until the crab legs are properly cooked
>American national anthem before the movie starts
>final clapping check
>theater usher comes to check you are in the assigned seat and with your bf/gf since it's a couple theater
>movie finally starts
>40 minutes of ads
>you must clap after every single one of them for at least 10 second and at a minimum of 70dB or the sound detector in the seat sends a signal to the usher and you get kicked off for not being excited enough
>movie finally starts
Seriously, America?
>>
>>63971032
>mexico
>cinemas not operated as a front business for cartels to spy and kill on their enemies easier just so some jefe could buy a pick up truck to haul disposed bodies to an overpass and hang them like meat pinatas made of humans to send a message to his foes and thus making the cycle of violence repeat itself and throw what was once a nation of bean-eaters and revolutionaries into a failed state thus serving the interests of USA by bringing NAFTA about faster infusing North America with American hegemony which will ultimately bring about New World Order where nothing will be tolerated and everything will be forbidden unless it furthers the interest of hypercapitalist society which will benefit only the few.

pic two
>>
>>63964727
Well would you rather sit in a fucking room with no shit going on? I was happy today when that shit came on because I'd been waiting there for two hours already.
>>
File: 1446700317356.jpg (15 KB, 201x247) Image search: [Google]
1446700317356.jpg
15 KB, 201x247
>>63972020
>waiting there for two hours already
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.