[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone else sad that /tv/ doesn't like the movie? I know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 16
File: 2000px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png (109 KB, 2000x1207) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png
109 KB, 2000x1207
Is anyone else sad that /tv/ doesn't like the movie? I know I can just ignore it but literally every thread is Star Wars and no one likes it.

I loved it. 2bh
>>
>>63964629
Pretty much all the people here are pretending to hate it for the sake of Contrarianism. So why not join the circlejerk anon? Oh and remember the prequels were great and full of soul, while TFA is a corporate rehash made to tick boxes and sell tickets.
>>
People are pretending to hate it to bait replies so they could talk about it more, are you seriously this new?
>>
Grow up.
>>
>>63964867
This
>>
>>63964867

No, familia. It's fun when there's a positive consensus on something you enjoy
>>
>>63964852
Probably this. The people who actually dislike Star Wars don't bother watching it or debating about it. If you're enough of a pleb to feel strongly about the original trilogy, you're enough of a pleb to enjoy Disney capeshit DESU SENPAI
>>
/tv/ hates everything new and popular.

Look at the unanimous critical praise that Fury Road got. How did /tv/ respond?
>SJW trash meme movie! No plot! Medicre action! Hardy was miscast! Furiosa is awful!
>>
Holy shit the newfags are flooding in today
>>
>>63964852
>>63964970

I've been here long enough to detach shitposts from genuine criticism, I know the difference
>>
>>63964806
>>63964852
>>63964936
>th-they're just pretending

The plot is literally episode 4 copy pasted, female lead is a massive mary sue, and on top of that there are massive problems with the plot.

You literally have to be some kind of mouthbreathing retard to unironically enjoy that pile of shit.
>>
File: 1450801756433.jpg (370 KB, 1000x981) Image search: [Google]
1450801756433.jpg
370 KB, 1000x981
>>63964629
The movie was okay, it's just ONE character that was shit.
>>
>>63965028

Whether or not the movie stands up to competition is another story, but denying the fact that it's 20x better than the original trilogy is a joke
>>
>>63965028
Whats the point of trying to b8 people who are in on the joke and know the contrarian nature of /tv/?
>>
>>63965044

Does this shit really bother anyone when watching the movie? It's Star Wars
>>
I liked it OP. I do think that reusing plot is kinda sad, but I feel like these movies were a lot more like the OT and when I left the cinema I was happy because I enjoyed it.
>>
>>63965090
Yeah, basically everytime she showed up I was more and more pissed while greatly enjoying Finn and Han.
>>
>>63964629

Of course /tv/ doesn't like the movie, what were you expecting?

I loved it too, anon. Fuck these kucks, they can stay mad
>>
>>63965055
Look.
I get it.
You're having fun.

But there is grounds even Shitposts are not meant to thread.
Stop it this instant.
>>
>>63965028
You anticipated it enough to buy a ticket and watch it during the opening week. Who's the real retard here?
>>
>>63965055
It's better than the prequels, but then again, that's not that difficult to be.
The original trilogy had believable characters and interactions between them.
TFA does not.

>>63965083
>hurr
>>
>>63965098

I thought it was an actually well-acted/polished version of A New Hope. I loved it.

The only OT movie I can stand is Empire Strikes Back.
>>
>>63965090
it's only /pol/ with their FUCKING SJW RUINING THE MEDIA thing

they're right at some point but they just take it too seriously
>>
>>63965128
>stay mad

Pathetic, like a teenage girl. Star wars fanboys are pathetic.
>>
>>63965090
>its 2015!!
>>
>>63965055
At least the prequels had memes. TFA is just pure mediocrity and contains nothing memorable at all. Star Wars has officially been reduced to generic Hollywood bullshit. A few years from now you'll be as sick of it as you are currently sick of capeshit. You'll never even want to watch The Empire Strikes Back again.
>>
>>63964629
Which movie are you talking about?
>>
It was pretty good especially in 3D
My son loves it
My main problem was how they couldn't identify the planet from a map that is like 20% of the Galaxy - surely they could recognise one of those thousands of planets
Also how they are on that jungle planet but can see the destruction of the hosian system , the light speed through shields , why the X wings didn't have bombers with them which the original trilogy featured etc
>>
>>63965258
I hope your son gets cancer.
>>
>>63965258
>My main problem was how they couldn't identify the planet from a map that is like 20% of the Galaxy - surely they could recognise one of those thousands of planets
Come on man it's an adventure movie you gotta roll with shit like that
>>
>>63964983
A year isn't long at all kid
>>
>>63964629
Does this imply only adults populate /tv/ nowadays?
>>
File: I-HATE-EVERYTHING-THAT-MOVES.jpg (72 KB, 600x558) Image search: [Google]
I-HATE-EVERYTHING-THAT-MOVES.jpg
72 KB, 600x558
>>63964629

>Is anyone else sad that /tv/ doesn't like the movie?

welcome to /tv/
>>
>>63965300
Stop apologizing for the movie you dumb cuck.
>>
>>63965136
>>63965141

As someone who was never attached to the OT as a child, this shit beats it by a mile. At least A New Hope anyway.

Every character in that movie is flat. Especially Han Solo, jesus fuck. It's literally just Harrison Ford being Harrison Ford. Not a good character.

I loved everyone in this from the beginning, even the nigger. And I thought Rey was believable. I just really loved the entire thing, Kylo Ren was an understandable villain and I honestly thought it was a powerful performance

I can't identify any holes/anything that really bothered me. Any of the "mary sue" shit didn't bother me because Star Wars has been consistently coincidental and corny since the beginning. Even then I thought she was a believable character and none of this shit crossed my mind at all.

I guess I'd drop the "I got a bad feeling about this" line but that's about it. I loved this movie, not because "le star wars", I honestly don't give a fuck about Star Wars", I just thought it was well done on its own merit. And I've never seen the prequels so it's not "IT'S BETTER THAN THE PREQUELS SO IT'S GOOD!!!"
>>
>>63964629
It had some enjoyable moments.

7/10 movie tbqh
>>
>>63964629
because the flick has flaws plain and simple. too many damn flaws.
>>
>>63965360
I'm trying to help a parent with autism I'm doing the Lord's work anon
>>
>>63965325

Is 6 long enough? :(
>>
>>63964629
The movie is fantastic. The people who don't like it never liked Star Wars in the first place, they are much more interested in the internet culture that revolves aroun the series, and the overexplanation of everything in the EU. They think Star Wars is entertaining because it's large and everything is hyper documented and explained over and over again. You also see people taking everything they didn't like about the prequels to heart, like insistence that the force requires a master's curriculum, and that it's impossible for someone with a higher power level/midi chloride count to lose to someone with less. People are concerned about the Imperial economy and government structures and all this nonsense that was never in the OT. They're mad it's not as sterile and conversational as the prequels.

We've got people saying shit like
>the OT wasn't even good
>at least the prequels
>how come the hero won in the end
>the bad guy sucks because he loses
>how come there are still unanswered questions at the end of the first movie in a trilogy

Some people think Star Wars is supposed to be edgy and subversive, with strict explanations for everything, and should have political intrigue. In reality, Star Wars is a simple space adventure with mystery and a direct and clear morality play between clear good and evil. It's a fairy tale in space. TFA achieved the effect of the OT really well, and is as good as any OT movie, fuck people who say otherwise. They want the movie to be like the prequels instead of like actual Star Wars.
>>
>>63964806
hello reddit!
>>
File: 1450763242774.png (189 KB, 751x374) Image search: [Google]
1450763242774.png
189 KB, 751x374
Why do you pretend to dislike this movie then? Everyone else likes it you inbred fly over state popnerd
>>
>>63965378

aside from "LE MARY SUE!!!" and "IT'S JUST A NEW HOPE 2!!!" what flaws are you referring to?
>>
>>63965418
>The people who don't like it never liked Star Wars
This is hilarious. Did you get called out for just the opposite of this in a different thread you post big bang theory star wars fan
>>
>>63965419
see this
>>63965083
>>
>>63964932
if you want to circlejerk go to reddit

we criticize everything even star wars we don't hate it but pointing out flaws is nothing grow a spine also mostly everyone here just shitposts including me
>>
>>63965424
>Only a bit over two thirds liked it
>Probably mostly women too and in general a completley different demo from /tv/
Bait?
>>
>>63965044
what is rey is the actual destiny's child and both luke and anakin were mere forcecucks
>>
There was good bits and shit bits.
>>
>>63965120
This. I fully admit to being against the insane diversity quota Jew Jew was gunning for but Boyega really brought his A game and was easily the high point of the new cast. Maybe Hayes would have been a contender if he'd been allowed to say more than 5 lines, but whatever.
Ridley, though is straight up shit, and holy fuck her character was boring. I just could not give a fuck what happened to her half-way through. Conversely found Finn to be an infinitely more complex and sympathetic character and at the end I was shocked when I thought he had been killed off.
>>
>>63965470

I like shitting on things I don't like, but when someone shits on something I like I get mad. I know it's unfair but that's how it goes.
>>
>>63965258

Dude it's not Star Trek. It's not supposed to be a scientific study that requires detective work. In Star Wars when they say they have a part of something that leads to Luke, you can believe it.
>>
It's sad that there isn't a single word of criticism of TFA on reddit
>>
JJ was the problem with Force Awakens.

JJ is a wolf in nerds clothing. He is not a nerd, he is a jack that got lucky with Star Trek 2009 because I actually liked that movie.

Nerds are nerds because they obsess over details and continuity. JJ literally gives zero fucks about details and continuity.

When JJ was announced that he was going to direct I had high hopes but deep down I worried that he would simply run roughshod over all of the continuity and lore of the franchis with something like time travel or some other bullshit.

He did run all over the continuity biut it was a bit more subtle in Ep 7. Everything Rey does in the movie and the way Kylo Ren was handled at the end makes zero sense in the established parameters of the Star Wars universe.

Put all of that on top of a script that is nearly 1 to 1 rehash of Ep 4 and it's easy too see why a lot of fans are seriously unimpressed with Ep.7.
>>
>>63965370
>Kylo Ren was an understandable villain
Jesus, the modern audience truly is fucked.
>>
>>63965429
those can't be ignored but for me the dialog in the whole movie made my stomach turn. I couldn't believe how bad it was.
>>
>>63965479
Kill yourself you fucking contrarian
>>
>>63965555
QUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS JJ SHITS BTFO'D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
DUDE KILL YOURSELF LMAO

DUDE DRUGS DONT ACTUALLY PROVIDE ANY INSIGHT THEY JUST MAKE THE MUNDANE SEEM DEEP LMAO

DUDE EGO DEATH IS A MEME LMAO

DUDE DRUG INDUCED EGO DEATH IS NOT REAL BECAUSE NOTHING CAN SEPERATE US FROM THE SUM OF OUR EXPERIENCES WITHOUT PERMANTENTLY DAMAGING THE BRAIN LMAO
>>
its a solid 6,7/10 tbqh phamsma
>>
>>63965555

>jack

Hack
>>
>>63965529
and your point is?
>>
>>63964629
Because it was a soulless cash grab.

>>63964806
>muh contrarian

You are a retarded fucking faggot.
>>
>>63965563

these intelligent critics agree with me and they actually saw the original trilogy in theaters. would you call them "fucked" to their faces kuck?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOdBcvtVZbs
>>
TFA was good
The prequels were dogshit
Nothing will ever be as good as ANH or ESB
Shadows of the Empire should have been a feature length film
Han shot first
Kylo is a bitch
Rey is a Mary Sue
Lando was a traitor and a good friend
>>
>>63965606

I'm mad because people are shitting on Star Wars. So stop shitting on Star Wars
>>
>>63965543
>It's not Star Trek
Funny you should ask, given one of the things the Anon brought up Jar Jar literally did in Star Trek too.

This is bullshit no matter how you cut it.
In the Star Wars universe, it is.

If Jar Jar made a movie in a different setting, where things work different, in a setting where we don't know from a fact that it doesn't look like this? It would be fine. But not in Star Wars.
I don't understand what is so difficult to comprehend about people pointing out ridiculous stuff.
It's not about it being ridiculous. The Force is ridiculous. But it is established once, and then sticks to what it is.
This movie just does whatever the hell it wants and doesn't give a shit.
That's the problem.
>>
>>63965659
no
>>
>>63965685

Why not? Don't you feel bad?
>>
>>63965659
I agree stop shitting on Star Was (Prequels)
>>
>>63964806
I wanted to like it but I really really hate JJ's Star Trek movies, and let's face it this movie is extremely similar to them.
>>
I really enjoyed it OP
>>
File: 1450801756433.jpg (215 KB, 1000x981) Image search: [Google]
1450801756433.jpg
215 KB, 1000x981
Daily Reminder
>>
>>63965418
Having interesting mysteries is fine, all Star Wars movies have that, Luke being Darth Vader's son and Palpatine being a Sith are good examples.
The thing these mysteries have in common is that they are not really that important to the plot of the movie but are rather just ways to tie the movies together.
The problem with TFA is that the whole movie is based on Rey being this godlike being that excels at everything, we don't get a good explanation for that and only some serious retconning (like le false memories or time travel) in the next movies will be able to explain that since she's supposedly living as a peasant in a shithole for her whole life so it's not like she had any advanced training.
>>
File: 1441811758499.png (221 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1441811758499.png
221 KB, 500x375
>>63965618
>these intelligent critics
Not going to even bother with the rest. I really hope that is bait, but I feel sad for you if you need "intelligent critics" to form your opinions for you. Of course I could pull critics out of my ass too, but you're already attempting to secure your argument by framing what is and is not an "intelligent critic".

tl;dr, Kylo Ren is a fucking trash villain with zero apparent motivation and is no threat except to doddering old men that he has to trick.
>>
>>63965683

JJ doesn't care about established rules and continuity..like..at all.

Understand that HE DOES NOT CARE. He now has an established track record and this is who he is.
>>
Marvelization of the Star Wars universe/franchise. This is SW for people that don't like SW but the idea of being seen liking it

>Star Wars: Deflecting blaster bolts.
>Marvel: Freezing blaster bolts in mid air.

>Star Wars: Droids are machines. If they're carrying secret plans, any technician can extract those plans.
>Marvel: Droids can place themselves in "low-power" mode and then you can't get any intel out of them until they magically come back (when the writer needs them to).

>Star Wars: Light sabers are tools or weapons. In Episode 4, Luke picks up his father's light saber, switches it on and... cool shiny blue energy weapon.
>Marvel: Rey touches Luke's light saber and gets a bunch of (magical) Luke-related force visions.

>Star Wars: The force involves training, requires an instructor, and takes time to develop.
>Marvel: The force is a super power that manifests in response to some traumatic event and transforms you in a dramatic instant--just when you really need it.

>Star Wars: "Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy! Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova, and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?"
>Marvel: Sure they've got a big planetary defense shield, but we're going to travel through it in hyperspace and come out of hyperspace between the shield and the planet. On my mark Chewy, one, two, three, now!

>Star Wars: General Solo leads a sizable Rebel Ops team to Endor to infiltrate the base and lower the shields so that the fighters can destroy the super weapon.
>Marvel: Old General Solo takes a wookiee and one grunt to do the same.

>Star Wars: The Death Star.
>Marvel: Star Killer Base.

>Star Wars: Light saber duels end when somebody loses a limb or two (or three).
>Marvel: People get hit with light sabers regularly, and they take a dramatic pause to reflect on the situation. The duel only ends when a seismic event creates a big chasm between the two combatants.
>>
>>63965800
watch the video
>>
>>63965801
JJ made two great Star Trek movies and a great Star Wars movie, he's like nerd jesus.
>>
>>63965858

did you copy this post straight from Reddit?
>>
>>63965429
>Aside from everything that happens in the movie, what else is bad?
Well, probably the fact that the new Death Star is destroyed by demolishing a room.
This room, is not in the depths of the Death Star, but actually just barely bellow the surface. Like literally no more beneath the surface than the trench that leads to it.
This room could be penetrated by a fighter, after a wall got blown out by some satchel charges.

Let's say the Resistance actually had a spaceship, isntead of the dozen or so X-Wings. You know, not a big ship, just one with turbo lasers.
At this point, all they would have had to done was turn off the shields and start firing the turbo lasers at that area.
If fucking satchel charges can blow out the walls, and an X-Wing's blasters can take out everything crucial, you better believe a ship, even more so a capital ship would make short work of that entire room

But of course the Resistance didn't have ships, because as the single militant faction within the Republic, they can't afford to have more than a couple of X-Wings.
Makes sense.
>>
>>63965715
not really the film is guaranteed to make a billion and possibly become the best selling movie of all time also has universal praise from most critics.

i think they'll be alright with a few people on a mustafarian imageboard slamming the movie,
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
>>63965899

Would you call this man a hack to his face?
>>
>>63965881
tumblr reblog bro
>>
>>63965611
>>63965166
>g-guys I'm a part of the star wars hate echo chamber now r-right?? look at how different my opinion is g-guys!! it's popular but I hate it, s-so I fit in now r-right. p-please....
>>
>>63965881
>>63965884
Mate this whole thread is reddit, give up. Look at the replies. Don't get into the ciclejerk. They don't want to hear controversy, they just want to bait with "muh contrarian" and "so you like the prequels you pleb"

The next 8-10 hours will be like this, and the next day the cicle will begin again. It's been like this for a week now.
>>
>>63965932
>Implying someone would waste their one chance bitch at JJ by just calling him a "hack"
>>
>>63965932
I would hack this faggot in the face.
>>
>>63965932
It would be hard because he probably only comes up to my belly button.
>>
>>63965899

All of the diehard boards are skewing negative l.../tv/..ign..metacritic users.

But are being drowned out by a see of casuals and shills.
>>
>>63965824
Yeah, no; fucking trash, and yes I would call their opinions shitty. Everyone is high on the hype train just like they were with TDKR which also turned out to be shit. Abrams could have shat out any old turd (and he did) and as long as Jar Jar wasn't in it everyone would clap their hands roar like it was the geek rapture.

How about forming your own opinions instead of letting someone else do it for you?
>>
File: 1426617344099.jpg (56 KB, 342x342) Image search: [Google]
1426617344099.jpg
56 KB, 342x342
>tfw im discussing the prequels with someone
>mfw i ask why he thinks the prequels are so bad
>mfw he tells me to just watch the plinkett reviews
>>
File: avg.png (36 KB, 580x210) Image search: [Google]
avg.png
36 KB, 580x210
>>63966048

Actually, he's average height.
>>
>>63965884
Who cares, it's Star Wars/current year!
>>
Reminder that normies consider Christopher Nolan of TDKR a cinema auetur of the highest order, you have no chance /tv/.
>>
>>63964806
> /tv/ is just a satire xD
>>
>>63965932

I held out hope that it wasn't true. But after two HACKtackular movies in a row (ST2, Ep7) there is no denying it.
>>
>>63966119
"Contrarian" is the CURRENT YEAR meme word at this point.
>>
I'm sure some people are pretending to dislike it. I enjoyed it, i liked it, and had a lot of fun watching it, but it has major issues and i would never defend it as a great movie.
>>
>>63966201
Why not say spectHACKular instead of HACKtacular?
>>
>>63965555
>got lucky with Star Trek 2009
For real. Into Darkness was just a clinical attempt at sucking in fans with rehashing an older movie. At least he didn't do that with Ep VII... oh wait.
>>
>>63964806
I don't think you understand what circlejerk means.
>>
>it's 30 years after RotJ
>Luke is the hero of the Rebellion and the whole galaxy, everybody knows about him
>nobody knows about jedi or the force

why is this allowed?
>>
>>63966222
>p-people don't like a movie i like!
>nah they're just joking h-ha ha v-very funny guys...
>>
>>63966264
JewJew is developing some real bad habits that's for sure. He needs to make something original again.
>>
>>63966260

proper diction
>>
>>63966317

proper autism more like
>>
>>63964629
no, I'm not sad that a bunch of contrarian autists who somehow think they have superior taste in film don't like the new star wars, you shouldn't let the shitposting get to you like that tbqh
>>
>>63964806
goddamn, you're blood type must be "pleb."

If you use the word "contrarian," you're literally an idiot. It's an invented concept by idiots with reddit sensibilities who are too fragile to deal with criticism of mediocre media that has widespread appeal.

It's a troubling manifestation of millennials' mental weakness. Seriously, the only people who would even entertain any "argument" involving the concept of being "contrarian" are weak, lazy idiots who can't deal with criticism substantively.

If it bothers you that much that people criticize mediocre mass-marketed work designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, like Star Wars, Breaking Bad, pop music, etc., you should find a safe bubble and stay there. Or kill yourself.
>>
>>63966317
"proper diction" is a sentence fragment and i have no idea what you're trying to say.
>>
>>63966309
Neveer going to happen. Even in this thread alone there's a lot of retards sucking his dick. At this stage he churn out any old shit and people will eat it up and beg for more.
>>
>>63966392

you're a millennial too c*uck

also Breaking Bad and Star Wars are universally acclaimed by critics more intelligent than you
>>
>>63966279
pretty much. It's also interestin how anyone osing the contrarian meme never gives any explanation to address some of the valid criticism.

it's always stuff like: buzzwords+me likey hey hey+ buzzwords.

examples: >>63966349 >>63964806
>>
>>63966398
He should change the name of his production company to Bad Reboot
>>
>>63966434

I just tend to trust the opinions of adult critics rather than what are likely teenagers on an anime forum
>>
>>63966465

I was thinking more like Hack Robot.
>>
>>63965738

I think the movie made it abundantly clear that Rey is an empathetic person who has great hope and an ability to survive. They spent a lot of time in the beginning showing that she believes in what is right and knows how to keep faith. She has natural compassion for BB-8, she trusts that good things will come and she will be saved from Jakku if she remains patient and loyal, she knows how to make a life for herself even under great poverty and turmoil, remaining optimistic, hopeful and youthful enough to have dreams, as evidenced by her attachment to the rebel helmet and her little toys. She displays an awareness and a will to survive and do good that make her extremely capable to use the force. She is a believer, and that's all it takes.

You just gotta believe.
>>
>>63966514
but then why are you here? and specifically why in threads discussing star wars?
>>
File: 1308500738426.jpg (305 KB, 800x1024) Image search: [Google]
1308500738426.jpg
305 KB, 800x1024
Star Wars was the artistic genocide of mainstream film. You'd absolutely need to be brainwashed /v/ child to have any fondness for any of this toy commercial series. If you have an affinity for the millenium falcon then you may as well have an affinity for corporate logos.
>>
>>63966432
>superficial pleb shit is acclaimed by critics
>therefore it's good

hilarious that you can't even tell this "reasoning" is literally stupid. You have no self-awareness, and a poor understanding of English and argumentation.

No wonder you like stuff made for children and soccer moms like Breaking Bad and Star Gays
>>
>>63966514
>I just tend to trust the opinions of adult critics rather than what are likely teenagers on an anime forum
>Conversely, Roger Ebert of the Chicago Sun-Times gave it three-and-a-half stars out of four and called it "an astonishing achievement in imaginative filmmaking", and said "Lucas tells a good story." Ebert also wrote that "If some of the characters are less than compelling, perhaps that's inevitable" because it is the opening film in the new trilogy. He concluded his review by saying that rather than Star Trek films, filmmakers could "give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day."
Guess what Star Wars that was.
>>
>>63966585

I like arguing
>>
>>63965418

>The people who don't like it never liked Star Wars in the first place, they are much more interested in the internet culture that revolves aroun the series, and the overexplanation of everything in the EU.

So you are saying that people who love the Star Wars expanded universe and who read everything that came out of it in the past thirty years which were cancelled by Disney are not "true fans." And that people that are fans of the prequels and say the clone wars TV show which Disney also cancelled are also not "true fans." In other words the only people that really ever liked Star Wars in the first place are the ones that only like the stuff Disney puts out like this new soulless cashgrab rehash of episode four. Is that you are saying you? If so FUCK YOU you Disney shill fuck
>>
>>63966585
Because he thinks coming here makes him part of a secret club like all the other redditers
>>
>>63966514
Right, you can't actually analyze even a dumb kids' movie, so you have to parrot what a critic says. i.e., you're a moron.
>>
>>63966607

>superficial pleb shit

man what the fuck does that even mean, can you imagine actually using that as an argument outside of 4chan? like you're talking to your friends or whatever after the movie, you'd call it "superficial pleb shit" and insult your friends for liking it?
>>
>>63966514
>appeal to authority
go away
>>
>>63966616
But appeals to authority and popularity don't qualify as "arguing." Have you even graduated high school?
>>
>>63966677

no, I mean critics know what they're talking about as opposed to the autistic "reddit sensibilities" arguments you see here
>>
>>63966392
>pleb
>reddit
>millennials
>lowest common denominator
>mediocre
>manifestation
>substantively
Wow anon your criticisms are oh so insightful and intelligent! A true cinema critic! 5/7 for you! Ground breaking discoveries!

kek you're such fucking tool
>>
>>63966465
Oy, bad goy!
>>
>>63966711
>>63966687
see
>>63966715
>>
>>63965618

What the flick is a part of the young turks. The young turks is an organization dedicated to apologizing for mudslimes of course they are with the jewish SJW agenda of episode seven.
>>
>>63966715
> I mean critics know what they're talking about
Based on...?
>>
>>63966679
If you can't understand basic English, you should avoid discussing anything here.

There is nothing intelligent or artistic in "superficial" works such as Star Trash and Breaking Pleb. And yes, I have explained that before to people, since it's obvious, and I'm not a soccer mom who's incapable of judging TV shows and kids movies.
>>
>>63966787

oh, it's Korinefag
>>
File: 1450306416848.png (160 KB, 754x411) Image search: [Google]
1450306416848.png
160 KB, 754x411
>>63966715
So you agree that >>63965424 is great and picture related is the greatest film of all time
>>
It's safe to say you're a fucking idiot if you rely on a "critic" to tell you whether a movie is good or bad.
>>
>>63966715
maybe you are the retard that isn't critical about products you pay money for, the rest of the world isn't.
>>
>>63966514
>trusting someone else's opinion

What even are you?
>>
>>63966830

Boyhood was okay
>>
>>63964629
I liked it and I think it's way, way better than the prequels

And so do everybody else, no matter what they say
>>
>>63964629
I enjoyed it but I recognise that it has glaringly obvious faults that I hope don't reappear in the sequel.
>>
>>63966805
very telling--just another logical fallacy to avoid dealing with facts and logic.

It's telling how people who defend superficial work like Nolan movies and Breaking Bad can't really use substantive logical arguments. Just appeals to critics and popularity, ad hominems, strawmen and the like.

I'll also use this tactic then: what's your level of education and your profession?
>>
>>63966833

But I'm also an idiot if I enjoy a movie you don't?
>>
>>63964867

Your mother's bush is gigantic.
>>
>implying critics aren't just paid to say what they say regardless of whether or not it reflects their actual opinion
FUCKING
KEK
>>
>>63966893
As long as Rey doesn't take over the next to flicks it might be OK.
>>
>>63966715
You're a dumb consumer, nothing more. You're the corporate elite's wet dream. You just "turn off your brain" and let explosions and laser swords wash over you for a couple hours. lel
>>
>>63966830
I don't want to, but it's obligatory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzhpbXQDl6g
>>
>>63966911
Don't remember ever saying that, cockmuncher.
>>
>>63966629

I admit I went to far in saying that. What I mean is that this movie has something I haven't seen in anything Star Wars since the originals, a story about a young person finding themselves and their faith. I can't say much for the books but the prequels, clone wars and games are almost entirely concerned with becoming strong with magic and competing power levels. TFA shows characters having real faith and a direct respect for good, that they practice and actualize as they learn who they are and who the people around them are. The people who claim Rey is a bad character or that it doesn't make sense that things work for the main characters are blind to what is pretty much the main theme of the original Star Wars films, which is included in TFA but not the prequels.
>>
Did anyone else think it was weird that the whole fucking planet blew up at the end?
>>
>>63966951

my favorite film of all time is My Night At Maud's
>>
does it really matter if the movie is shit as long as you enjoyed it?
>hurr durr its a bad movie
well everyone has their own opinion, there were some things i didnt like about it too but i will admit i was glued to that fucking screen for two showings(one in 3d) and both times that movie did not feel like it was two hours long.
>>
>>63966514

#1 most of these critics are SW casuals.

#2 Most professional critics went to special screeners specifically designed to make it hard to separate the "experience " from the movie.

If they were a seriously big time Entertainment Weekly critic they ate most likely a casual Star Wars fan so seriously fucked ip continuity details wouldn't trigger them anyway.

If they WERE some small time youtube critical they probably had a night that was so awesome they will remember it for the rest of their lives.

For fucks sake the Star Wars themed tent at the premier was over a full city block long. Any true fan would come away dealing great about the whole night that was topped off by super special early access to the first Star Wars movie in a decade and the first one not made by crazy old George Lucas in over 30 years.

It would be something you would tell your grandkids about and you would feel great about the whole thing.

Disney is good. There's no denying that.
>>
>>63966884
>okay
Nice contrarian meme kid. It is the greatest film of this decade
>>
but guys i watched the plinkett reviews and they taught me to hate the prequels by overreacting to every minor detail, i also hate every movie i've ever seen now but at least im fucking smart
>>
>>63966978
Yes! Thank you.
>>
>>63966910

Will you turn that 'massive intellect and analytical thinking' on yourself for once as notice that you're entirely describing your own unfounded arguments?

I can prattle off some description of anything as superficial and shitty, doesn't make it true or convincing. It's just you explaining to yourself that you're unwilling to engage in the subject on a non-superficial level.
>>
>>63966911
If you can't defend your position using logical cinematic analysis, then yes, that makes you an idiot.

you can defend Star Garbage and Breaking Pleb with actual reasons, it just so happens that you retards are usually too stupid and ignorant to do so, (although not all of you are completely hopeless and sometimes can take a realistic assessment of something you like).
>>
>>63967017

Because it means you are new to cinema because you are clearly just outside the gates, meanwhile others are much further in, they feel superior to you, and rightly so.

You wanna change that? Watch more films, instead of whining about how you totally have taste and totally aren't a plebeian.
>>
>>63966978
It's Star Wars, don't think about it.

>>63967055
I get thet you're probably not even in your mid-teens, but it must come as a total shock to you that people actually hated the prequels before RLM ever existed. Fucking Spaced (which almost definitely aired well before you were born) devoted an entire episode to it back in 2001.
>>
>>63967108

My IQ is 112, aka above average. I can defend the film, I just don't have time.
>>
>>63967037
>#1 most of these critics are SW casuals.
That's even better if it's true, because if a film in its 7th movie can make people unfamiliar with the series enjoy it, then it has to be damn good.
>>
>>63967055
I like this guy
>>
>>63966109
He is an auetur. You can always tell his films by their unique style.
>>
>>63966951
What's wrong with that? Do you not go to movies to enjoy them faggot?

Your favorite part about going to the cinema is getting the chance to point out all the things you don't like.
>>
>>63967108
In fairness, by that same token you should be able to criticise Ep VII and that shitty show without calling it names.
>>
>>63967055
You missed the point of the plinkett videos. The major problems with the prequels are clearly explained, and the minor ones are mentioned with the purpose being to explain how those came about due to the major problems.

I can't believe I have to explain this
>>
We did like it. You can tell by how half-hearted the criticism and shit is.
>>
>>63967131
>It's Star Wars, don't think about it.

Nice try JJ.
>>
>>63967104
Once again, you're merely avoiding everything. You can't tell me how Star Wars or Mainstream TV show/Movie isn't superficial, or any other flaws/merits it has, so you mischaracterize my posts and state something obviously untrue (I can prattle off some description of anything as superficial and shitty).

Nope, there are plenty of works in each medium that are clearly not superficial, commercial products meant to gain viewers/users and simply print money.
>>
>>63967122
im just saying, despite mary sue, it was a pretty good movie.
>>
>>63967131
Star Wars was never about "not thinking" you babbylord, it's such a revered series because the world is so creative and complex.
>>
>>63967142
>IQ
>intelligence
fucking retard
>>
If you disliked this movie, you're probably a huge fedora tipper that believes feminism is ruining women.
>>
>>63967244
says the one with sub 100 iq
>>
>>63967206

Even if it didn't have a "mary sue" it would have been a shit movie. Get some fucking taste your get going back to whatever board it is you crawled out of last week.
>>
>>63967248
mate the fedoras are loving it. Fedoras and normies.
>>
>>63967248
reddit has arrived
>>
>>63967260
i can almost here you breathing heavy and typing loudly on your keyboard, fat neckbeard
>>
>>63967216
I was being facetious.
I don't think anyone is seriously dumb enough to defend Star Wars with an argument like that.
>>
>>63967290
Reddit is a haven for fedoras you fucking idiot. Get the meme right.
>>
>>63967259
go read the definition of IQ and hang yourself faggot
>>
>>63967122

And there you have it folks, he likes movies more when they make him feel part of an exclusive elite club for intelligent people, and will shame fans of movies that are inciting and inclusive, in order to celebrate his elitism.
>>
>>63967334

"a number representing a person's intelligence"
>>
>>63967355
"capacity to learn"
nice try cringelord
>>
>>63967037
>implying your grandkids will possess the same manchild crush on star wars like the one you have
>>
>>63967340
exciting* not inciting
>>
>>63967377

I have learned a lot in my 18 years on earth
>>
File: 1450506258769.jpg (3 MB, 3264x4928) Image search: [Google]
1450506258769.jpg
3 MB, 3264x4928
>>63967248
Star Wars is fedoracore though
Star Wars 7 is fedoracore for females like Lucy
>>
>>63964806
>Pretending

I'm sorry I expected more than terrible dialogue ("droid please!") and plot conveniences that would give the worst of writers a boner.
>>
>>63967199

It's a movie about finding true faith, or failing to, in a galaxy that is actively fighting to suppress it. There's a big conversation going on there. Yes it is designed to make money, but the movie has a message and real spirit.

Okay now you make a point.
>>
>>63967142
>112
>Above Avarage
Sorry to break this to you, but actually, it's technically classified as "High Avarage", and the lower part of that too. (Starts at 110)
So you're still average, you're just the kid who gets the right answer in class slightly more often than others.

That being said, it's not like IQ tests are nearly standardized enough to be meaningful, so don't feel bad. You just have one less bullshit reason to feel superior to people around you.
>>
>>63967456
There's nothing in the movie "actively supressing" anything. The First Order shit was poorly written and came off as nothing at all of a threat. Oh they blew up some planets wow, good going. Oh but we got a guy to scream loud and swig heil! Soooo great, right?

The movie is a mess, if it didn't cling so tight to A New Hope's framework it'd collapse on itself, and fast.
>>
The movie was a 7/10 at best and thats only because it was Star Wars.

I had some free time on Sunday and I was going to watch it a 2nd time at the theater down the street to see if it would improve the 2nd time around.

I actually parked my car and everything and I was walking to the theater and I just couldn't do it.

I started thinking about the shitty final battle and Mary Sue Rey flying and fixing the Falcon better than Han ever could and her instant outta fucking nowhere high level force powers and I turned around and went grocery shopping across the street instead.

I will wait to rent it. I watched Age of Ultron a second time at home hoping it would get better but it didn't and I have a feeling Force Awakens will be the same way.
>>
>>63967723
Age of Ultron is better in comparison to VII at least.
>>
>>63967654
The First Order literally steals the names of people and tries to destroy their individuality. Finn does not have a name until Poe, who is an optimistic and caring friend, guess him one. The knowledge of the force and Jedi has been reduced to a myth, people don't believe it actually exists. Luke Skywalker was trying to teach the good force to people, but Kylo Ren killed them and destroyed Luke's will to pass down his knowledge, because Kylo did not like that he would have to experience turmoil in order to find what is right. Rey is kept in squalor unable to move forward due to misinformation, and is kept in a state of labor due to a greedy junker who monopolizes the food. All of these characters are capable of literally saving the galaxy, and they only had to cast off their false selves to do so, and move forward. They find their selves, which was hidden by material circumstance, and learn to know what is true about their lives and the universe.

You probably missed all of this when you decided the film was going to be superficial.
>>
>>63967984
It isn't. Age of Ultron is one of the worst capeshits to come out in the recent years
>>
>>63968046
I know, but gun to my head, I'd rather see it than the latest Star Wars again.
>>
>>63967984

I would probably put ep7 above AoU but that really isn't saying much.
>>
>>63968044
So they ripped off the clone numbering/naming setup too? Wow, big surprise too.
>>
>>63968191
What?
>>
>>63968044
When the First Order came up Rey easily stole a ship (so easily that she had two ships to choose) and flew away.
Why didn't she do this before? She clearly wasn't forced to do shit.
>>
>>63965044
I kinda liked god mode Rey. Or maybe anakin and Luke were dumb as hell.
>>
>>63967143
i sincerely hope you don't really believe this

TFA banked on fairweather fans who want to be seen liking star wars, along with the feminists they pandered to, to sing the praises of a marvel movie disguised in star wars iconography.

and that's exactly what's happening. it's ANH remade for the ADD-addled twitter generation
>>
>>63964806
I legit didn't like TFA. I think all the criticisms of it are valid.
>>
>>63966392
I liked Breaking Bad and I'm critical of bullshit. That said, I thought season 6 was shit.
>>
>>63964629
Man, the thing about TFA is that it's not even bad enough to actually dislike it.

I can sit here and nitpick almost every part of the movie and come up with valid complaints and flaws, but altogether the flaws just prevent it from being a good movie, not making it bad.

It's just a disappointment, because it could have been great, but the screenplay was lacking every step of the way.
>>
>>63964629
It's basically gardens of the galaxy with star wars memorabilia, a fanservice tug job.
>>
>>63968191
1. Star Wars did not invent military dehumanization
2. Star Wars is allowed to borrow from its self, and it makes sense that an Imperial Remnant would behave similarly to how the Empire has in he past
3. Your post has nothing to do with the conversation and does not disqualify the meaning of the movie
>>
>>63968336

Because she was waiting for someone to come for her. She was expecting someone else to give her a future instead of taking one for herself.
>>
>>63965090
>It's Star Wars
We should raise our expectations because it's a Star Wars film, not lower them.
>>
>>63968585
I think you hit the nail on the head.
>>
>>63968466
>muh feminism
>it's a conspiracy
Post literally discarded
>>
>>63968621
>meaning of the movie

So, fan wank to the point of nauseum? Cash grab? Literally get by with the least amount of work put into a script and still bank?
>>
My friend said watching it in 3D IMax ruined the film, I had a blast watching it and it would have been the same fun whether it is in 3D or not

Just had to post this here - how much of a fucking killjoy do you have to be to say "wahhh 3d ruined my star wars wahhhh", literally had to tell him to stop bitching
>>
>>63968798
Buzzword the post
>>
>>63968607

GotG was much than ep7

It at least had some sincere creativity to it and wasn't just a hack by the numbers rush job like ep7
>>
>>63968607
Naw manga that's going to be Star Trek 13
>>
>>63968880

>much better
>>
>>63968836
Sorry that the truth is a buzzword in your distorted worldview.
>>
its the "in" thing to do to bash popular things on the internet, have you not learned anything my padawan
>>
>>63968798
Yes the movie was a business project. It's a very profitable franchise that Disney capitalized on, which is what good businesses do. However it still has a message and a theme. I repeat, the movie is about finding what is true about the universe and your self in a world that is trying to hide what is true. The characters find and hold true to what is good, in a place that is controlled by those who wish people to believe that what is good is not true
>>
>>63968769
do you agree if i say that all baddies are white blonde males and the only important female (Phasma) never gets face-time?

while the good guys are either minorities or females. Plus Harrison Ford, which is old and look what casually happens to the old white male.
>>
I thought it was a really good film

It wasn't amazing but goddamn it was really good and I left the cinema with a smile on my face - I had FUN
>>
>>63968958
No its actually the opposite now because plebs think everything should be acceptable, but please do keep pushing your /co/ culture here
>>
>>63968977
>the mark of a simpleton
>>
>>63968880
Not a chance
>le "dude chill bro" frat boy hero
>le I am groot XD
>le giant grapefruit for a villain
>le epic one liners
>>
>>63969040
I'd rather be a simpleton than a constantly depressed cynical fuck
>>
>>63969072
disliking TFA and having a good life are not mutually exclusive either
>>
File: Star Wars.gif (2 MB, 443x333) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars.gif
2 MB, 443x333
>>63964629
i just came back from seeing it.

9/10 from an old star wars fan, almost cried at a few parts.
>>
>>63969072
Gotta love you ledditors who equate not liking a movie to being a miserable person
>>
>>63968976

There are black stormtroopers, Finn is one, you know he's not the only one. They make a big deal about not taking off helmets because the First Order advocates for uniformity and dehumanization of it's members. Phasma is very clearly female, regardless of if you see her face.
>>
>>63968798

There was no story that anybody associated with it needed to tell.

Disney needed a star wars movie ASAP to start making their 4bn back so they commissioned a director, cobbled together a scriptwith enough fanservice in it to keep the fans happy and put a movie out.

It wasn't like
>Hey! I have this great idea for a Star Wars movie, what do you think?

It was more like

> We need to put a Star Wars movie out fast does anybody have any ideas?

Hopefully Rogue One will be better because it seems like somebody has a story to tell there.
>>
>>63968952
Must be fun to be delusional
>>
>>63969151
>>63969098
disliking a movie is fine for your own reasons, calling people simpletons because they like fun things is usually the mark of a miserable person
>>
>>63965370
This post gave me cancer in the balls. Thanks
>>
>>63969104
you don't know we can see "number of posters" do you?
>>
>>63965402
No :^)
>>
>>63969104
>>63969151

You know what's really smart? Enjoying something that is designed to be enjoyed.
>>
>>63966392

Keep tipping that fedora you fag.
>>
>>63969181
>fun
Nice buzzword
Do you speak like this in real life too?
>>
>>63969255
lol what is this even supposed to mean
>>
>>63969176

You're seriously going to pretend the movie had absolutely no themes or story. Please read.
>>63968960
>>63968044
>>63967456
>>
>>63969272
Do you spout words like its "fun" and then cry "you're miserable" to people that disagree with you in real life too?

Or is this just something you do on the internet to dismiss opinions you don't like or can't argue against effectively.
>>
>>63969255
>buzzword
Nice buzzword
>>
>>63965800
>I, a mouthbreathing basement-dwelling neckbeard who posts on 4chan everyday, know more than critics who review movies for a living and have studied film for years

Keep telling yourself that, the critics agree, it's good.

You're the equivalent of a high school bench player telling an NBA player whether or not a move he pulled off in a game is justified or not.
>>
>>63969397
not really, i don't hang around with neckbeards
we just say things are fun and then laugh about it :)
>>
>>63969397

It's fun to say something is fun. It's miserable to say someone's a simpleton and that fun is not real or important.

Fun is nearly the opposite of misery and you are trying to reduce fun.
>>
>>63968585
Exactly. It wasn't bad. It wasn't great.

When it comes to Star Wars it should be great. This film wasn't though, thus making it garbage (but not really).
>>
>>63969397
Do you spout words like "simpleton" and then cry "you're a pleb with shit taste" with people that disagree with you in real life too?

Or is it just something you do on the internet to dismiss opinions that you don't like or to show everyone how superior you are with your all seeing analytical eye??
>>
>>63969397
lol you just got fuckin rekt'd crybaby
>>
TFA is certainly not a smart movie, but the things you have to tell yourself in order to hate it make you stupid.
>>
TFA is certainly not a good movie, but the things you have to tell yourself in order to like it make you stupid.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.