[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>DUDE OSCARBAIT LMAO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7
File: leo.png (369 KB, 807x467) Image search: [Google]
leo.png
369 KB, 807x467
>DUDE OSCARBAIT LMAO
>>
>DUDE I don't know what oscarbait is and I just like to meme LMAO
>>
>>63964200
kek
>>
>>63964200
It had Native Americans therefore Oscarbait
>>
>>63964200
Hi I'm OP guys nice to meme you! But on a serious note I did get lost on my way to Reddit can someone point me in the right direction?
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 620x526) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 620x526
>>63964200
>>63965599
>>
>>63965599
Sure thing, friend.

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>63965599

You're in the right place!
>>
Oscarbait are movies that deal with holocaust, slavery, racism, etc.. while this movie did touch slightly on the indians being robbed of their land it was a survival/revenge movie through and through.

memers and plebs are gonna meme and pleb
>>
DUDE NOT EVEN KNOWING WHAT MY BUZZWORDS MEAN LMAO
>>
>>63964200
Revenant is actually the most oscar bait movie I've seen all year

it was all in vain though, Fassbender did a better job than Leo in both Steve Jobs and Macbeth. shit, even Hardy did a better job than Leo in the same movie
>>
>leofags
>>>/out/
>>
File: The-Danish-Girl-2.jpg (92 KB, 500x734) Image search: [Google]
The-Danish-Girl-2.jpg
92 KB, 500x734
>>63965840
>Revenant is actually the most oscar bait movie I've seen all year
>>
>LEO "I'M ACTING" DICAPRIO
>>
>>63965840
no one seen Macbeth though
>>
>>63964200
What do you expect when /b/, /v/, etc invade because of star wars?
>>
>>63965890
Yeah, it's seems to have flown under the radar a bit. Shame, as I though it was outstanding, possibly the best Shakespeare adaptation in the big screen.

Certainly blows any Welles, Branagh effort out the fecking water.
>>
>>63965873
>From The Director Of The Kings Speech And Les Miserables
>"Find The Courage To Be Yourself"

If you don't think this is the most Oscar bait film this year, kill yourself.
>>
>>63965946
It's hard to believe that fat fucking creep Weinstein hasn't got his mits all over this...
>>
>>63964200
>he thinks oscarbait is something more than a meme

i know 4channers aka not-redditors are delusional as fuck but damn
>>
>>63965873
>>
Watching right now. 3/4 through. This movie is fucking terrible.
>>
>>63966243
It is.
>>
Is it true Leo gets raped by a bear?
>>
>>63966304
Yes
>>
DUDE OVERT SYMBOLISM AND CINEMATOGRAPHY THAT ISN'T CONNECTED WITH CHARACTER OR THEME LMAO

Innaritu is a pseudo-artistic hack.
>>
>>63966304
There's an underwhelming CGI bear attack.
>>
>>63966304
no, but Leo does rapes a dead horse
>>
>>63965745
It's broader than that. Oscar bait refers to movies dealing with a "serious" or "important" topic or person, portrayed in a generic way with cliched elements (framing, characterization, dialoge, etc.). e.g., Imitation Game was the epitome of Oscar bait, but not for any relation it has to oppressed minorities.
>>
This character is literally the definition of did nothing wrong.

Also much better performance than DiCaprio, who basically did nothing but grunt. Still a shit movie nobody should watch.
>>
>>63966488

In the most technical sense of the term yes, but using it as such then a quarter of all movies released would end up being oscarbait. More recently oscar bait movies are movies that deal with issues that the left likes to talk about. The perfect examples of oscarbait movies are Schindler's List, Crash, 12 Years a Slave, Precious, Dallas Buyer's Club.
>>
Is it better than Jesse James?
>>
>>63966348
>DUDE OVERT SYMBOLISM AND CINEMATOGRAPHY THAT ISN'T CONNECTED WITH CHARACTER OR THEME LMAO
What did he meant by this?
>>
>>63966924
Sweden
>>
>>63966924
Absolutely not.
>>
>>63966533
>This character is literally the definition of did nothing wrong.

I don't think the audience is meant to hate him, he never twirls his mustache. It's just a story about two guys who, primarily through circumstance, will end up trying to kill each other.
>>
>>63965840

>i've seen

>limited release isn't until christmas
>general release is in 2016
>>
Why does Glass say "there was no deal" at the end when he clearly blinked in a very deliberate manner?
>>
>>63967394
The screeners have been online for days you pleb. You don't even need to torrent it you can stream it
>>
>>63967356
Hardey's character wasn't even trying to kill anyone though. He just wanted to earn a buck and restart his life.
>>
>>63967431
Don't know why they bothered releasing screeners. Even the oscar voters (whoever they are) aren't pleb enough to vote for this forced feels crap.
>>
>>63967447

At the end, I mean.

Sure he probably would have just kept on going if Glass didn't chase him, but would you let the man who killed your kid get away? If the shoe was on the other foot it probably would have played out the same way.

I completely understand why both characters did everything they did.
>>
>>63967394
movie starts with a group of Indians attacking camp of hunters
they brutally kill almost everyone, a handful of hunters manages to escape by boat
indians are good guys %%they dindu nuffin%%, they were only looking for a chief's daughter
Dicapro kills bear with his knife
evil Tom Hardy killed by a indian chief in the end
have fun :^)
>>
>>63967431

If you didn't see it in a cinema, then you didn't see it.
>>
DUDE BEAR RAPE LMAO
>>
>>63965873
BUCKLE UP BUCKAROO
>>
>>63967593

>let me try to ruin this story based on actual historical events

did you try to ruin the ending of the Titanic too?
>>
>>63967540
The half-breed kid (who came across as a complete faggot) was going to kill Hardey, who stabbed him in self defence, and was obviously surprised by it.

On the one hand I have to applaud the movie for doing this: making a 'revenge' movie where the one who revenge is sought on is so sympathetic. But on the other hand the movie is truly terrible; one of the worst I've seen in a long time, for myriad other reasons.
>>
>>63967593
Did I miss something re: the indian's daughter? Did the French take her or something?
>>
>>63965873
Should this call this movie Modern European Male
>>
File: big guy's death.jpg (26 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
big guy's death.jpg
26 KB, 720x304
>>63967627
I'm pretty sure Glass didn't have an indian son
>>
>>63967773

"Glass is later rumored to have been captured by Pawnee Native Americans with whom he lived for several years. He eventually wed a Native American woman. "

You're an idiot.
>>
>>63967593
>indians are good guys %%they dindu nuffin%%, they were only looking for a chief's daughter
They're depicted as brutal fucks and they're basically the antagonists for half the movie

>>63967627
It's very loosely based on the real Hugh Glass though. Only the names, the bear attack and that he was half-buried alive are taken from real history. The real Glass never killed Fitzgerland, nor did the real Fitzgerald kill and scalp the Captain.
>>
>>63965840
>even hardy did a better job than leo in the same movie
yeah i'll agree with that, if anyone deserves the oscar its him
>>
>>63964104
Fucking "Danish Girl" is oscar-bait, but this is MASTERPISS
>>
>>63967941
>It's very loosely based on the real Hugh Glass though.

You have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
File: noble indian.jpg (26 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
noble indian.jpg
26 KB, 720x304
>>63967836
are we quoting wikipedia articles now, huh? okay

>Ashley asked for two volunteers to stay with Glass until he died, and then bury him. Jim Bridger (then 19 years old) and Fitzgerald (then 23 years old) stepped forward, and as the rest of the party moved on, began digging his grave.[4] Later claiming that they were interrupted by attacking Arikara Native Americans, the pair grabbed Glass's rifle, knife, and other equipment, and took flight. Bridger and Fitzgerald later caught up with the party and incorrectly reported to Ashley that Glass had died. There is a debate whether Jim Bridger was one of the men who abandoned Hugh Glass.[5]

please, highlight me the part where Fitzgerald kills his Pawnee son

>>63967719
yeah, they were looking for a guy's daughter
don't know who took her tho
>>
>>63965559
tfw no Brando to dress mexicunt as native american and ignite butthurt
>>
>>63968059

It isn't an article about Fitzgerald, dumb dumb.
>>
Did bear rape a leo?
>>
The revenant was by far my favorite movie of 2015....go ahead and fill me with your hateful responses. i regret nothing
>>
>>63968049
Look it up fair faggot.
>>
>>63968120

You haven't seen it yet.
>>
>>63968179
very much did. its on putlocker and great quality too
>>
>>63968089
are you literally retarded or just pretending? genuinely curious
>>
>>63968203

see

>>63967606
>>
>>63968120
>The revenant was by far my favorite movie of 2015
Same, I didn't even really like it but compared to everything else I've seen this year it was the best
>>
>>63968296
well i liked it so much that i will be seeing it AGAIN at the movies.
>>
>>63968216

Sweet rebuttal.
>>
>>63968338

I look forward to your opinion based upon an actual viewing.
>>
Why did Fitzgerald scalp Henry
>>
>>63968059
>don't know who took her tho
The frogs
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.