[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Main leads: Black (the liar), female (mary sue), white (wimp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
Main leads: Black (the liar), female (mary sue), white (wimp sith).

These three are the makings of a triangle.

Poe is not involved until later, for a second triangle.

The real issue here is the "new cantina" scene in which a strange, short orange robot with androgynous tones states that Chewbacca is its "boyfriend." AFAIK, Chewbacca has a wife and a few kids back home...

What did I miss?
>>
>>63962398
I fucking hate the look of this thing. Is the acting as bad as it was rumored? Does it seem obvious that JJ cut her scenes?
>>
It's not orange, it's yellow.
It's supposed to be a wise old asian woman.
>>
>>63962739
>The real issue here is the "new cantina" scene in which a strange, short orange robot with androgynous tones states that Chewbacca is its "boyfriend."

It was a joke.

>AFAIK, Chewbacca has a wife and a few kids back home...

Not canon.
>>
>>63962398

shes kidding, she just means she likes him

my dad refers to my dog as my boyfriend, hes not saying I fuck the dog, just that we like each other
>>
>>63962772
I honestly thought it was weird, given JJ has an SJW reputation, that he maintained the "Alien that is clearly a racial stereotype" aspect of Star Wars that was one of George's halmarks. I personally didn't find Maz offensive or anything but you know somewhere in the SJW blogosphere somebody, or several somebodies, have written thousands of words about how JJ is a racist shithead who hates asians because of it.
>>
I honestly don't even know what you're trying to say. Like your post is made up of several disconnected criticisms about the movie that you're trying to tie together as a "triangle" and "a second triangle" and then you're talking about the cantina scene?

Fucking gather your thoughts before you post man.
>>
it looks like that music video thing

https://vimeo.com/77882662
>>
>>63962739
>Is the acting as bad as it was rumored? Does it seem obvious that JJ cut her scenes?

No and no.
>>
>>63962398

The real issue is why did the old cantina lady have that fucking saber?
>>
>>63962398
this character was terrible
>>
>>63962874
Thanks m8. Going to see it tomorrow.
>>
>>63962398
Maz probably just thinks Chewie is hot and calls him that. If Chewie really had a thing for her, pretty sure he would have went out of his way to see her.
>>
>>63962880
she's the supreme leader; wizard of oz style
>>
>>63962835
He's a jew, the sjw crap is just a facade, he's completely racist and hates all goyim.

This was just a slipup.
>>
File: 1431687250130.png (108 KB, 396x381) Image search: [Google]
1431687250130.png
108 KB, 396x381
>>63962398
>it's a racist /pol/ thread
>>
>>63962914
OP was criticizing everything...no preference = no racism
>>
>>63962739
I actually thought she wasn't that bad. But not like she had a lot of screen time any way. They really should have just had Lupita in some makeup and not used CGI at all.
>>
>>63962914
You clearly don't belong here
>>
>>63962914
>it's a sensitive tumblrina episode
>>
>>63962772
That's totally the impression I got.
She's basically Yoda 2.0.
>>
>>63962398
The Holiday Special is non-canon anon.
>>
The Guinan of Star Wars
>>
>>63962398
>Poe is not involved until later
He's literally the character who the movie starts with, the character who gets the story going.
>>
>>63963516
yeah and then he disappears for ages after the tie fighter crash lands
>>
>>63962817
Malla got put back into canon by some new novelization of A New Hope. This line's from Han, after he ended up pissing off some space floozy in the Cantina.

>"Hey, you're the married one. Find me a human girl with Malla's brains and silky hair and maybe I'll consider it."
>>
>>63962831
No you fuck that dog
>>
the Autism is through the roof.
>>
>implying Finn isn't friendzoned
>implying bitches can resist BIG WOOKIE COCK

It's obvious as fuck Rey is going to munch carpet, and Chewbacca is literally a walking carpet.

Finn will wind up with Poe unless Poe gets phasma, in which case Finn will realize his true love is TR-8R
>>
>retardo writes a thread on /tv/
>>
It's not a robot and you know it.
>>
She was a plot device, in no way endearing or memorable.
>>
>>63962398
Maz is a pirate so she takes what she wants.

Han probably told chewie to stay with the ship so he wouldn't have to deal with maz
>>
>>63962739
Yes.
Honestly the worst part of the movie right here.
>>
>>63962398

>robot
wut
>androgynous
wut
>Chewbacca is its 'boyrfiend'
Clearly tongue-in-cheek remark meant to convey some platonic history that wasn't elaborated on.

You seem to be stuck on basic context.

>>
>>63962398
>Where is that handsome pilot?
>Oh, Chewie is in the back.

Fixed. You don't need to establish that the wookie and the orange with glases were together.
>>
File: killme.jpg (57 KB, 437x339) Image search: [Google]
killme.jpg
57 KB, 437x339
>>
>>63962398
Maz is the worst part of the movie for me. Worse than Jar Jar. I don't like the design or the voice actor. Hope I warm up to her because I like everything else.
>>
>>63962739
Voice is off, the look is shit, delivery of her lines are shit. one of the worst parts of the movie.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.