[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moments when you knew Star Wars 7 was Shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: pic211.jpg (36 KB, 800x332) Image search: [Google]
pic211.jpg
36 KB, 800x332
I'll start:

The fucking Bungee Chord on the Tie Fighter when Poe & Fin were escaping.

This was literally Anakin in the Phantom Menace going on auto pilot tier. What the fuck were they thinking? I was getting all hyped and then the scene was extended for 30 retarded seconds.
>>
>And then i kept complaining in my head while i sat there for 2 hours, then came back and told you guys about it
>>
Scene was great
Quit being a whiny faggot
>>
Was it a fuel line?
>>
File: 1449094041308.gif (3 MB, 294x238) Image search: [Google]
1449094041308.gif
3 MB, 294x238
>>63961510
>>
File: 1314982921003.png (200 KB, 413x345) Image search: [Google]
1314982921003.png
200 KB, 413x345
>>63961530
>>
>>63961483
I really liked TFA a lot, but I'll agree that I didn't really like this scene. It felt like the kind of scene you'd see in one of JJ's Star Trek films.

"OH NO, THIS BAD THING HAPPENED HOW ARE WE EVER GONNA GET OUT OF IT?!?!?"

Then 30 seconds later

"OH WAIT I CAN DO THIS THING THAT THE AUDIENCE DIDNT KNOW ABOUT THAT WILL INSTANTLY SAVE US FROM THIS SITUATION"
>>
When kylo stopped the blaster bolt. What the fuck was up with that?
>>
I realized it at the very intro when Finn has PTSD because the movie wanted to bank on the "stormtroopers are people too!" meme.
>>
>>63961672

the force
>>
>>63961483
When it's revelaed that Nignog Janitor knows how to blow up a planet.
>>
>>63961694
I miss when the stormtroopers were all clones so you didn't have to give a shit about them
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 242x208) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 242x208
>>63961672
>>
>>63961530
T H I C K
>>
I hate to be a hardass, but it was at "Luke Skywalker has vanished." Did he vanish or did he just go somewhere no one could find him? And if he went there, there's probably a good reason and he should be left alone until he wants to 'un-vanish' himself... But that's excusable until it's followed up with Snoke inexplicably saying that he wants Luke. Why does he want Luke? The whole Luke mcguffin never lets up, and is stupid as fuck.

And BB8's map wasn't good enough to find him? It was a fingerprint section of the galaxy that anyone could have figured out as long as the full map of the galaxy existed somewhere.

And why is the Starkiller base pulling power from the SUN? The Sun is our star. Why talk down to the audience that hard? Kids can comprehend that our Sun is a star like all the other stars.

Plus, it only takes 30 seconds to travel pretty much anywhere in the galaxy. Who cares about the Kessel Run anymore when 30 years later traveling through hyperspace easier and quicker than going down to the 7/11.

Why do they send Rey to Luke when no one really knows who she is?
>>
>>63962007
>It was a fingerprint section of the galaxy that anyone could have figured out as long as the full map of the galaxy existed somewhere.

They literally say it doesn't match any known systems. They say that in the film.
>>
>>63961694
But they abandoned that 20 minutes later and he became a normal guy
>>
>>63962007
>that third point

Why isn't the entire saga in space language? English wasn't even around in its modern form a few hundred years ago, why would it be there in a galaxy far away and long ago? Kids can comprehend that alien races might speak different languages.
>>
>>63962119

The writers chose to call the star the 'Sun' because they thought the audience would be otherwise confused - the Sun is hot and has power. Stars are pretty and twinkle in the night and are just little spots, can't get power from those things.
>>
>>63962032
I never understood why the writers choose to do this. Star travel has existed for thousands of years, and they should have technology to basically have scanned the entire universe since long ago. They should have instantly found out what system that is, given the big chunk of planet coordinations.

Maybe instead they should have said the map/message is encrypted or some shit and they need the key to decrypt.
>>
>>63962032
>doesn't match any known systems.

The map BB8 has is like 50 parsecs big. The galaxy is finite and doesn't have unknown systems. Han has flown from one end of the galaxy to the other. The whole galaxy is mapped because it exists within its own boundaries. The star pattern would be unlike any other pattern in the galaxy and any computer could figure it out.

Because the writers say it's not known is the same as them saying they can blow up the new death star by going 'pew pew' somewhere that the janitor knows about.
>>
>>63962378
Star wars takes place in one galaxy.
Traveling between one galaxie is somewhat normal in star wars, but going from one end to the other does raid eyebrows.

You have to remember the huge scale of the universe. the distance from one galaxy to another is millions, if not billions greater than the width of one galaxy.
>>
First 30 minutes then I walked

You'd have to be a 12 year old Star Wars virgin to watch this the whole way through
>>
>>63962488
i wanted to
>>
File: 1449809465519.png (721 KB, 738x822) Image search: [Google]
1449809465519.png
721 KB, 738x822
>>63962007
>>63962119

Our star is called "Sol" as in the "Solar System". Our star is also a sun. It is also sometimes referred to as "The Sun" which is a proper noun that exists as a colloquial definition of the word. It could also be considered a proper noun by the definition that it is the star of the system you are currently in.
>>
>>63961545
Yeah
>>
>>63961483
Liked that scene, but as soon as Han and Chewy made their first appearance the film got really really bad and I'm just waiting for the wider public to realise this. It... it'll happen right?
>>
Some good action/exposition. Bad guy shows up looking badass, supposed main character captured

>I talk first or you talk first?

REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>63961483
another death star (but bigger and badder xD)
Was this close to walking out, but already paid for the damn tickets
>>
>>63962919
>>63961545
Why did Poe get into the ONE fucking Tie Fighter that was getting fuel?

Re-fueling Tie Fighters is basically Minichlorians tier
>>
Every scene in that so called 'cantina' was absolute shit.
Maz Kanata had a terrible voice actor.
The only reasons they didn't toss that shit voice out was because she won the Oscar last year and she's a nigress.
>>
>>63961672
that was badass dude
>>
>>63961483

I enjoyed the bit of tension in that scene.

But Wilhelm completely took me out of it.
>>
>>63961483
I liked this movie alot but one thing that bothered me was the starkiller base. we already have 2 death stars no need for a third one. They could have come up with a different WMD for the first order to use.
>>
>>63961707
The stormtroopers in all of the originals were not clones. Only the first version of the troopers were clones and replaced with humans before A New Hope.
>>
>>63961483
I want a Webm of this
>>
Not bad, just forgettable. Don't even remember much except for the blaster bolt stop and Han.
>>
>>63965445
Then make it.

Fight me
>>
>>63965727
I will
>>
>>63963100
All the tie fighters on the wall were getting refueled and they got in those ones because it was easier to get in them unseen. I hated the movie but that wasn't really a problem.
>>
>>63961483
Its not a bungie cord, its a fueling line
>>
>>63962642
>Our star is called "Sol"
nice try fagit
stopped reading right there
the sun is the sun. its literally the name right there.
"what do you call the sun" "sol" fuck off kek
>>
>>63961631
You just described literally every action scene in that flick.
>>
>>63967791
If you were referring to it in a group of other mid sequence g type stars you would refer to it by its astronomical name.

But then that whole post is bait, isn't it.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.