[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
George Lucas on The Force Awakens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: George_Lucas_1986_(cropped).jpg (62 KB, 294x415) Image search: [Google]
George_Lucas_1986_(cropped).jpg
62 KB, 294x415
>I think the fans are going to love it. It’s very much the kind of movie they’ve been looking for.

You know he's right - this movie is just a product carefully prepared to pander to fans of the original trilogy. It doesn't have the "soul" like films from original trilogy and prequel trilogy - it only has cold calculation. They even managed to fool RLM.
>>
>product
The movie's got more heart than any of the prequels, and I don't hate the prequels
>>
>>63959280
>prequels
>"soul"
top kek
>>
If you watch the films in order each episode gets progressively better until episode 6 and then episode 7 feels like it's trying to redeem ROTJ.

I'm really shocked they went with another Death Star though. Cheapens the whole franchise.
>>
lmao thats a total diss

reminder that Lucas is secretly patrish
>>
File: cuteboytm.jpg (206 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cuteboytm.jpg
206 KB, 1920x1080
>>63959325

I'd love to see all the movies he's secretly making "for friends".
>>
>>63959383
Who's this semen deamon?
>>
File: santaguts_zps9f270eb7.jpg (88 KB, 278x276) Image search: [Google]
santaguts_zps9f270eb7.jpg
88 KB, 278x276
>the "soul" like films from original trilogy and prequel trilogy
>and prequel trilogy
>>
>>63959383
sauce?
>>
Only underagers think Star Wars hasn't always been just a brand. I can't fathom this logic

The only Star Wars that was created with some kind of real artistic passion was the original, and even then Lucas locked down the toy rights long before it came out.

Empire had a lot of quality control but it still an effort to generate profits and toys, shit they even released the toys months ahead of time like they do now

Jedi was literally changed to be able to include more toy friendly shit like Ewoks and to pander to kids. Lucas even made the tone more kid friendly and refused to kill Han to sell Empire didn't make nearly as much as Star Wars and he wanted to copy its success and even rehashed the death star

The prequels were made to push toys, video games, mountain dew, etc. The merchandising for TPM was worse than it is now. Those movies are full of pottery and callbacks to pander to old fans
>>
>>63960115
this is the most reddit post of the week holy fuck
thats saying alot
>>
>>63960115
>even then Lucas locked down the toy rights long before it came out.
He had no idea they would be so successful though
>>
Lucas hates the movie. It's blatant fanservice and nothing else. Atleast the prequels tried to spice shit up.
>>
>>63959280
Exactly. The original six were the results of an auteur. The Force Awakens is a focus group tested studio-helmed product. Disney invested too much into this to lose any of the audience because of bold artistic decisions.
>>
>>63959315
>I'm really shocked they went with another Death Star though. Cheapens the whole franchise.
The Empire/New Order aren't known for being the smartest bunch
>>
>>63961199
It's not an issue of intelligence. A bunch of remnant nobodies managed a bigger and more impressive weapon than what the entire Galactic Empire could at the height of it's power.
>>
>>63961333
>A bunch of remnant nobodies

You mean the nobodies who are basically the Galactic Empire?

>Mah RotJ ending

No, the Ewok celebration was meaningless.
>>
Fucking hell I'm sick of this "the prequels are good" meme
>>
>>63961556
you belong on reddit then
>>
>>63961333
There was a 30 year time gap. With sith leaders and decades, they could build anything.
>>
>>63959280

>prequel
>soul

i know 4chan loves pretending to be le enlightened contrarian but this really is going too fucking far
>>
>>63961117
Spice it up in the toy aisles.
>>
>>63962250
desu TFA does the same bullshit but even worse.
>>
>>63962244
>contrarian
hello reddit
>>
>>63961556
It'll subside once time goes by, but it might have to wait at least two years until the next one comes out. That's what happens when cross borders from /v/ and /sp/ infest. They're like rats, except they have shit taste and have probably never seen Truffaut or Dreyer.
>>
File: image.png (47 KB, 720x719) Image search: [Google]
image.png
47 KB, 720x719
>>63959280
The meta-victory that Disney just pulled off is that it makes the prequels seem deeper and more complex by TFA being the exact opposite.
Brilliant tbeehphamilia
>>
>>63962337
>thinks he's special for watching babby's first art-house
please go back to reddit, and take the TFA spam with you
prequels for life
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.