[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Where should the last epic scene of our space opera that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: skelligislandireland.jpg (3 MB, 3874x2767) Image search: [Google]
skelligislandireland.jpg
3 MB, 3874x2767
>Where should the last epic scene of our space opera that happens a long time ago in a far away galaxy take place?
>I know! Let's just pick a random isle in Ireland!
>Great idea! We should probably have a helicopter shot there as well! That'll be a good trick!
>>
>>63959257
That felt like an ad for whatever that place was supposed to be

Tha last scene was pretty bad
>>
are you trying to turn skellig michael into a meme op?
>>
>>63959257
>skellig
>a random Island

Sure f.a.m.
>>
>>63959257
Fuck off it's about time our geography got some recognition
>>
File: 1450191072466.png (21 KB, 357x313) Image search: [Google]
1450191072466.png
21 KB, 357x313
That helicopter shot was so disgusting
>>
>>63959283

Hey man, don't you wanna take a trip to Skellig Michael island and see where Star Wars™ was shot?
>>
>>63959324

I really, really hope the twist is that Luke's on Earth or else it's really stupid that in a fucking alien galaxy he was standing in a place that looks exactly like Skellig. They didn't even fucking bother to add some weird shit to it, remove some familiar stuff. They literally shot it lik a tourist ad, showing the structures, the helicopter shot etc.
>>
>>63959324
we have the most famous fucking cliffs in the world

how many other cliffs can you think of off the top of your head? only ones I know are the cliffs of dover
>>
>>63959423
I would've hated to see any CGI on the island desu senpai
>>
File: 1341370760128.png (13 KB, 581x569) Image search: [Google]
1341370760128.png
13 KB, 581x569
>space opera
>>
>>63959509

No need to be CGI, friend. Just fucking put effort into making it look like something other than an Ireland isle everyone knows exists in the real world.
>>
File: emily-sears-89.jpg (125 KB, 662x810) Image search: [Google]
emily-sears-89.jpg
125 KB, 662x810
it was very obvious, like i was thinking to myself: This is earth.

I remember watching Star Trek episodes as a kid and i thought to myself "this is shot on earth, everything in this space series is on earth" I know it's a glaringly obvious thought, but it has kinda stuck with me and sometimes really brings me out of the movies, especially when the "earthness" really shows like in that Irland scene, and frankly through most of the movies nature scenes. I love the use of real sets , but except for jakku (thought they did a really good job with that one) every other planet looked very earthlike, even the death star, like every planet they visit have the exact same ecosystem and plants as ours? Fuck New Zealand in LOTR looked more "alien" than this.
>>
The amount of nerds that island will claim.

Its dangerous as fuck
>>
>>63959330
The transitions made me cringe, and I've been watching George Lucas's home video camera star wipe bullshit my whole life.
>>
>>63959588

>Implying that Planet Ireland wouldnt exist in a galaxy consisting of millions of habitable worlds

Stay mad you cuck
>>
Whelp, time to visit Skellig Michael and lick the steps so I can get Daisy's molecules inside me
>>
>>63959423
It's a highly protected heritage and wildlife site familiosa, what they DID shoot there was enough to get them into minor shit with UNESCO. Of course logistically, a poor choice due to how limiting a location like that can be
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.