[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there still people pretending TFA sucked when Mike already
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10
File: Mike1.jpg (157 KB, 488x500) Image search: [Google]
Mike1.jpg
157 KB, 488x500
Why are there still people pretending TFA sucked when Mike already said he loved it?
>>
>>63958153
Muh black storm trooper
>>
Because motherfucker Mike said he didn't.
>>
>>63958153
>they dislike what i enjoy, they must be pretending
>>
MIKE IS A PAID DISNEY SHILL REEEEEEEEE
TFA SUCKED IT LITERALLY HAD NO SOUL
THE PREQUELS ARE FUCKING GREAT MOVIES
GEORGE LUCAS IS THE GREATEST DIRECTOR OF ALL TIME
A TRUE MISUNDERSTOOD GENIUS
>>
>Why are there still people that form their own opinions and not just follow the loudest voices?
>>
File: 1410477828353.gif (168 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1410477828353.gif
168 KB, 375x375
>>63958226
>people who liked TFA
>/tv/
>loudest voices
>>
>>63958153
Because just about everything they hated about the prequels applies to TFA.
>>
File: Todd.jpg (15 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
Todd.jpg
15 KB, 540x304
RLM are the living embodiment of the smug, detached Gen-X ethos.

I'd venture to guess none of them has felt a single sincere conviction about anything since childhood. They exist as polyps upon the colon of culture, satiating themselves on the perceived failures of others (i.e. "The Man") while adding nothing new to the discourse aside from ironic complaint.

They're a group of insecure, lost, rapidly aging burnouts who silently believe they could do a better job of making films than the professionals in the industry. Yet they lack the ambition and ability to actually enter the very industry they're obsessed with. They choose instead to fuck around and make student film piss-takes well into middle age.

They are awful, awful people. I've met thousands just like them, and the last thing we need is for these people to gain any attention for their navel gazing.

Please, /tv/, do not aspire to become anything like these people. Theirs is a lonely and pathetic road leading to depression and a life devoid of real purpose.

I hope they disappear and their disaffected followers stop subsidizing their lifestyle. Perhaps that would force them to do something productive with themselves.
>>
>>63958153
Mike is the worst RLM character.
>>
>>63958262
The worshipped and stickyfied youtube celebraties are pretty loud, black dingus.
>>
>>63958410
Not as loud as the all threads complaining about TFA that make up about 40% of /tv/ right now
>>
>>63958342
whoa you got here faster than anyone else with this copy pasta :D nice one!
>>
>>63958153
I passed a low-adolescent mexican teen at the mall today who told his little girlfriend that he heard Star Wars sucked when she said she wanted to see it.

When the inner city essence of cultural enrichment thinks your blanda'd up star wars which targets him specifically hears by word of mouth that its a shitty merchandising promo you know you fucked up.
>>
>>63958420
Yeah but I'm not telling the people that loved they're wrong BECAUSE much of /tv/ didn't.
>>
>>63958183
Why is /tv/ like this all of a sudden?
Why do people feel like they absolutely have to like the prequels if they thought TFA sucked?

I hated both the prequels and TFA.
>>
>>63958464
>one dumb kid that's probably never seen star wars before didn;t like the movie

>clearly it's not good on any level, all people his race and age must have the same opinion as him
>>
>>63958499
Anon the majority of people (in here) dislike both. It's just that as soon you name one or the other the shitpost starts.

It's ok to dislike both, for different reasons.

And they both have some upsides.
>>
>>63958485
No, you're implying they're wrong because the "loudest voices" love it and they're just following them
>>
>>63958538
Agreed. It's just such a ridiculous meme that's happened recently. I've seen actual heated debates on whether or not the prequels were actually cinematic masterpieces and it just fucking baffles me.

Guess I'm not used to seeing such a high volume of the same bait.
>>
Mike is a sellout who doesn't want to piss off his Disney overlords. He can go suck nigger cocks.
>>
>>63958153
fuck off reddit, suck my balls
>>
>>63958533
My point was that i happened to pass one of the new star wars movie's main targeted demographics and he claimed that the word of mouth he's been exposed to has been generally negative. Unless he is a truly unique mexican teenager who isn't relying on the opinion of his peers, it suggests the target demo is already turning against the product less than a week after release.

Which is pretty fucking bad, regardless of what the 'true' quality of this movie is lmao
>>
>>63958556
I'm not implying shit other than this thread is embarrassing for being literally: "This guy loved it, so how can people still say it's bad?", which is a fucking terrible argument.
>>
>>63958621
It's ironic you fucking moron. The point is /t v/ suddenly shifted their opinion when Mike said he liked it
>>
>>63958612
One mexican kid saying that Starwars 'sucks and is for nerds lmao' doesn't really say that the movie didn't appeal to the target audience at all anon
>>
>>63958557
yeah, also keep in mind that this board and 4chan in general is getting a shitton of new traffic from external websites like reddit etc.

So we basically have a lot of very "passionate" discussions and a huge amount of silent viewers.

The only weird part are the Ranking threads, which will occur frequently later on during the day and will always try to put TFA on par with Original Trilogy. Over and over and over again

The first 5-10 replies on those threads are always either pro-TFA, or bait to lure pro-prequels and keep the first post (which will say TFA is good) on top of the catalog
>>
>>63958557
>what is a false flag

Hey rabbi, whatcha doin? needs a mickey mouse edit.
>>
>>63958643
Did it? You're still saying most people on /tv/ didn't like it, are you okay, anon?
>>
>>63958652
Yeah, anon, I see what you mean. Didn't expect summer to come so fucking early.
>>
>>63958649
He didn't say it was for nerds, he said he heard from other people who went to see it that it is bad.

I guess he meant "i heard from my faggot nerd friends that it was bad, so your interests are invalid girl i am out with and probably trying to fuck LMAO. Fuck nerds and fuck you for not heeding their advice"

Going to the mall is the only exposure to this group that i ever get, and I haven't been in over a year. Pretty fucking shocking that the one instance i happen to be nearby when some of them are talking star wars the only one with partially peer-informed opinion says it sucks.

Take it as you like, but that was not my expectation given how hard they have tried to specifically target young minority groups on the basis of their interest in minority-status characters.
>>
>>63958420
/tv/ is a pseudo contrarion board. No one has seen that shit or plan to see it before the bluray rip is out.
>>
>>63958800
4chan is probably the closest thing to an anti-consumerist interest group in existence.

Its why spoilering and shit was pushed on here so badly.
>>
>>63958342
This is honestly true. I don't care if it's copypasta. Modern culture is more obsessed with critique than creation.
>>
>>63958342
>RLM are the living embodiment of the smug, detached Gen-X ethos.

And somehow this copy pasta isn't?
>>
>>63958800
How mad can one Disney shill get? Your copypasta ANH with some forced diversity and Avengers joke isn't a good movie. Sorry bud.
>>
File: consume_disney.gif (98 KB, 600x515) Image search: [Google]
consume_disney.gif
98 KB, 600x515
>>63958153
because it did suck and these Disneycucks are sell-outs
>>
i don't know how anyone could dislike TFA
>>
>>63958865
>>RLM are the living embodiment of the smug, detached Gen-X ethos.

>And somehow this copy pasta isn't?

And somehow your reply is not?
>>
>nit-pick prequels to death for every little flaw
>excuse TFA for its massive glaring plot holes because "JJ Abrams is so good guise!"
These e-celeb cancerous fucktards should be banned from /tv/. Shame the mods are RLM fanboys aswell.
>>
how'd they start making 11 grand on patreon a month
>>
>>63958896
>>>63958865
>>>RLM are the living embodiment of the smug, detached Gen-X ethos.
>>And somehow this copy pasta isn't?
>And somehow your reply is not?
and somehow this post isn't?
>>
>>63958916
Pandering to Redditors is a goldmine. They just gotta keep shilling Disney capeshit and they also get the Disney suits on board.
>>
I kinda hoped the guys would criticize it more. 42 minute review and none of them talk about how shitty the pacing in this movie was. Alot of stuff happened in the movie with very little exposition or setting up and I expected Mike or Rich to really get stuck into that. Particularly Rey doing things that took Luke a few years to learn.

I liked the movie too, but RLM seemed really blinded by nostalgia in this one.
>>
File: sadSpeilberg.jpg (74 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
sadSpeilberg.jpg
74 KB, 720x480
The new trilogy should have incorporated George Lucas's ideas while being directed by someone else.

I thought we all agreed this would get the best result for the franchise.

Now we have a cold commercial product that will not take any risks and completely lack imagination.
>>
>>63958655
When I was a kid, I saw a poster in a Holocaust museum that said "Mickey Mouse? No, jewish rat!"

It had a rabbi dressed like Mickey

I have been trying to find it for years
>>
>>63958958
All I have to do is take Reddit's autismbux to succeed?

Fuck, man, that sounds like the easiest goddamned thing of all time.
>>
File: jewishMouse.jpg (199 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
jewishMouse.jpg
199 KB, 1200x1600
>>63958983

this?
>>
>>63958983
Shit which one? If its near me ill go and get a picture.
>>
>>63958977
>Now we have a cold commercial product that will not take any risks and completely lack imagination.
This is what people want in 2015. They don't want to be surprised. They just want to be comforted with familiarility. Disney marketers have done their job. They probably had their guys so far up Abrams ass he forget the meaning of the phrase creative freedom. Everything about TFA is calculated. It's like seeing an equation come together. It has to have just the right amount of everything to please just about everyone. Even the prequels were more bold than that. Lucas should've kept the IP and reduced himself to the role of a story writer.
>>
File: 0048.jpg (1 MB, 1496x1831) Image search: [Google]
0048.jpg
1 MB, 1496x1831
>>63958983
I got you senpai
It's in hungarian tho
>>
>>63958958
>11k for 6 people sets and studio
>a lot

Top cake
>>
>>63959024
The Reddit generation is powerful. You just got to appear intelligent, but also sort of down-to-earth and cool. Like, you know you're smart but you use your intelligence to be as hip and cool as possible. That's pretty much what it takes to be "in" with today's youth. But don't be too smart. If you confuse them with boring science and facts, you will lose them in favor of the next big meme.
>>
>Mike has final say on whether a flick is good or not
>>
>>63959044
>>63959031
Thanks famm

It was funnier in my memories
>>
File: Joe.png (1 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
Joe.png
1 MB, 1920x800
>>63958865
>I hope they disappear and their disaffected followers stop subsidizing their lifestyle
>their disaffected followers stop subsidizing their lifestyle
>subsidizing their lifestyle

By your logic, the copypasta would imply that somebody is paying me to produce it. Now, WHERE IS MY FUCKING MONEY?
>>
>>63958153

Mike and Jake are total plebs. They basically review whatever the most popular movie of the month is. Their Inherent Vice review was like 5 minutes long.
>>
>>63959077

Mike is probably the reason people still hang onto their hate for George Lucas instead of growing up.
>>
So what was the whole bit at the end about being paid off by Disney to say positive things about the movie? Were they trying to hint that they actually didn't like the movie and that maybe there will be a more in-depth (Plinkett) review later? Or were they just making fun of people knowing that they'd be called shills for liking it?
>>
>>63959190

What if Mike is the Sith lord alluded to in "The Phantom Menace"?
>>
>>63958499
Because prequelfags was afraid to publicly defend their favorite movies before. Now there's an even newer movie out so they shit on that one without having seen it and try desperately to make the prequels look good.
>>
>>63958800
Even when it is on blu-ray I'm stil not gonna watch it. I formed my opinions months ago.
>>
>>63958966
It's RLM. They made their name off Star Wars. I didn't criticize them more because I knew there's be more to come.
>>
File: 1450330553604.png (542 KB, 536x696) Image search: [Google]
1450330553604.png
542 KB, 536x696
It's not that people are starting to like the prequels more, people are just realising that a lot of the empiricism aimed at the prequels is either nonsensical or hypocritical (in that it also applies to the OT which many die hard manchildren/RLM faboys masturbate over).

It just seems like the prequel hate movement started with an older generation who grew up with the OT and then discovered the internet years after the prequels came out, telling anybody and everybody who would listen how BAD THEY ARE AND HOW LUCAS RUINED THEIR CHILDHOOD AND JAR JAR BINKS AND DROIDS AND LIGHT SABERS AND NO MAIN CHARACTERS AND I DONT KNOW WHO IM MEANT TO CONNECT WITH AND blah blah blah blah blah.

Funny enough, a lot of the reasons that OT fanboys love then so much are the same reasons that objective film critics complain about the recent marvel movies sucking major dick
>>
>>63959378
You mean it's because the kiddos that grew up with the the prequels are starting to come of age.
In 10-15 years you'll start seeing kiddos defending these new one too.
>>
>>63959459
>the kiddos that grew up with the the prequels are starting to come of age
Dude I was 8 when TPM came out, and and I'm 24 now
>>
>>63959459
go home Mike
>>
>>63959204
>Or were they just making fun of people knowing that they'd be called shills for liking it?

It's almost certainly this
>>
>>63958464
this is the saddest post ever.
> I heard a guy at the mall, who hasn't seen the movie say it sucked.

I can't believe I looked forward to seeing what /tv/ had to say about the SWTFA after seeing yesterday night. Clearly the biggest idiot is me.
>>
>>63959204
do people seriously not get a simple joke?
>>
>>63959616
>>63959667
I just don't want to believe that Mike would dismiss its flaws so easily.
>>
ill never understand why you guys dont take this shit to reddit
>>
>>63958153
a less disney sponsored review -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MkIjG4vJLk
>>
>>63959543
Right, so like I was implying you would have attached positive memories to it before you knew any better. After all it still had awesome music, cool fights, and a badass antagonists; about the only things that any 8 year old likes.
>>
>>63959743
But I liked OT more
>>
>>63959667
Many fans are autistic so yes.
>>
>>63959729
What part of reddit is for faglords does reddit not understand?
>>
>>63959785
If course. The OT had some actual decent movies. That you still appreciated the prequels at all is enough to say you were brainwashed.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 201x251
>>63959872
>Thinks people who like the prequels are brainwashed
>Thinks the OT are good movies
shiggy diggy my friend
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.