[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>epic new star wars movie >fucking badass new villain kek
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: adamdriver.jpg (28 KB, 324x329) Image search: [Google]
adamdriver.jpg
28 KB, 324x329
>epic new star wars movie
>fucking badass new villain
kek
>>
File: 768578587.jpg (2 MB, 1500x1965) Image search: [Google]
768578587.jpg
2 MB, 1500x1965
>>63953384
No wonder he's force sensitive...
>>
>>63953384
That's the point you dumbass. Did you watch the movie? Or scribble down some epic memes for later?
>>
I'm glad they didn't make him some badass cowboy from the start

showing his flaws and doubts and lack of training yet potential for absolute power was fucking sweet
>>
>>63953510

this image is haunted, dont look at it
>>
New kylo ren deleted footage clip:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yoAv7OmLfms
>>
I enjoyed the fact that the characters weren't all the best looking people (except Poe, *swoon*). Made shit more believable and they seemed good as actors and not just pretty faces.
>>
>>63953684
Does /tv/ really take a notepad and pen to the movies and jot down potential memes instead of pay attention to the movie?
>>
>>63953756
rey was pretty effin cute
>>
>>63953384
I've been thinking about hat I'd do with this movie to improve it and honestly on the villain I'm stuck. I mean you're going from a seven foot tall Cybornetic Frankenstein with the voice of an angry god to what? How are you supposed to come off more intimidating than that. Obviously it was a mistake creating a character that draws a direct comparison, but where do you go after Vader.
In the Prequels Maul was this quiet ( swear to god I almost said menacing) psychopath, Dooku, It's Dracula with a lightsaber, Grievous another shitty villain in the movies but in the cartoons he's this great strategist and expert swordsman with four arms. What Kind of villain do you make Kylo to match or surpass what came before?
>>
>>63953988
see
>>63953711

They're obviously going to build him up. Right now he's a cocky kid riding off his grandfathers coattails.
>>
>>63953988
It's the whole 'shtick' behind Kylo Ren that's killing his character.
The mask, the voice, the taking off of the mask, absolutely pointless.
He'd be better off showing his face but having some sort of deformity or defining facial feature. Those ears of his would make a much more convincing argument for a bitter, tortured existence.
>>
>>63954412
>deformity or defining facial feature
like, i dont know, a scar he might have now after a certain battle at the end of a certain movie

do you guys not like progression or something
>>
>>63954499
The problem is that people were expecting a sequel but got a reboot
>>
>>63954499
Well that's really a difference of perspective isn't it. It's clearly a sequel in that it's episode 7 not episode 1 or, for arguments sake, 4 and it has an entirely different plot with new characters and incorporates old characters and their backstories.

Actually I don't get how it's a reboot really
>>
>>63953988
Kylo is really the first person who could channel the full power of the dark side with his emotions.

They set him up with massive force potential with some kind of time stop or stasis, mind reading and variation on force chokes.
A defeat may only fuel his dark side abilities.
>>
File: 1448878295772s.jpg (6 KB, 250x214) Image search: [Google]
1448878295772s.jpg
6 KB, 250x214
>>63954618
>entirely different plot
>>
>>63954618
>an entirely different plot

Really?
>>
>>63953384
BEAUTIFUL i tell you
>>
>>63954618
>different plot

Are you damaged beyond repair?
>>
>>63954837
>>63954841
>>63954916
Aspects were similar. This movie was obviously raw fan service but if you morons are going to sit there and argue that this is a reboot then I'm probably gonna go because you're beyond help
>>
>>63953384
Is that Justin Long?
>>
>>63956691
Yeah I think so, was he in Star Wars?
>>
>what sort of ears you want pham?
>>
>>63953384
That le epic photoshop shit is unnecessary at the best of times but Driver REALLY doesn't need it.
>>
>>63957050
Yeah okay man. I've got a bad habit of drink and shooping, it's a true affliction.
>>
Kylo Ren is the best character though. Except they ruined it by having Rey somehow be able to defeat him for no reason.
>>
>>63957142
>best
Wow, way to state your case man. Every other motherfucker is literally wrong. Well played my good cuck
>>
>>63954618
>>63955049

KOTOR has entirely different plot with similarities.

TFA is almost an exact copy&paste.
>>
OUTER

SPACE
>>
>>63953384
I liked how they made his character desu.

Obsessed with strength because he's weak, reacts like a child and starts hacking and slashing at whatever's close when he gets bad news, constantly aware of "good" and always trying to push it out - making him the exact opposite of Vader.
>>
>>63958030
>reacts like a child and starts hacking and slashing at whatever's close when he gets bad news

Actually i saw that as him being more intelligent than Vader because he didnt punish random soldiers that just happen to be near him when he gets mad.
>>
I thought I was gonna hate Boyega but I ended up hating the lead gal so much more.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.