[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are people giving the prequels so much shit? Better quality,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
Why are people giving the prequels so much shit? Better quality, better fight scenes, and better characters. Episode III was the best of the 3. Also jar jar binks is a sith lord and is actually bigger to the plot than you think, look it up.
>>
Because they ARE shit OP.

Search it in your feelings, you know it to be true.
>>
>>63950712
Holy SHIT just looked it up and it seems as if Jar Jar Binks is, in fact, a sith lord. WTF?!? How did this escape me?
>>
disney reddishills flood the board after every blockbuster, just give it some time
>>
For the upvotes.
>>
Green Screen Trilogy is my nick name for them, you know if he cut down on the green screen, cleaned things up in the editing room, it might be better.
>>
Who cares
>>>/qa/
help join the cause to get a star shit quarantine board and none of this anti art garbage will be here anymore
>>
>>63950781
LoL awesome nick name

" Green Screen Trilogy "
>>
>>63950781
which is funny because it actually heavily incorporated real life sets and miniatures

but what do redditors know about the things they hear and repeat over and over
>>
File: 1450447584033.png (3 MB, 1708x1509) Image search: [Google]
1450447584033.png
3 MB, 1708x1509
>>63950781
sorry the artificial hype marketing didn't include "dude practicals lmao" like with TFA
>>
The acting is fucking atrocious
>>
I wonder if all the people who have come out of the woodwork to defend the prequels are only doing it because they were kids when the movies were released and nostalgia is a powerful thing.

I remember years ago people used to talk about how kids would grow up with the prequels and love them while everyone else hates them. I guess we're seeing that now.
>>
>>63950803

>muh film fags getting soundly BTFO

what a time to be alive
>>
>>63950781
The thing is, CGI was fairly new at the time phantom menace came out and they actually used it to display whole cities and planets which was rarely ever done.
>>
File: 1450638785993.gif (938 KB, 298x214) Image search: [Google]
1450638785993.gif
938 KB, 298x214
>>63950712
Every time I watch Revenge of the Sith, I enjoy it more and more for what Lucas attempted and how it handled itself even with interspersed periods of bad dialogue and hammy acting.

Does anyone else prefer it over Episode VII?
>>
>>63950895
Yeah, if you cherrypick about 10 practical sets and miniatures (almost all of which are from episode 1) you can most definitely pretend the movies weren't almost entirely greenscreen!
>>
Anybody got a pizza roll?
>>
>>63950905

I'll be honest, in some parts I'm part of that camp. I thought about that today, I'm pretty lucky to have grown up with the prequels and get to appreciate them with that dash of nostalgia and romanticism that someone with an adult's perspective wouldn't have been afforded the first go round.

They were essentially as part of Star Wars for me as the OT were for oldfags, seeing the Phantom Menace at 5 and RoTS at 10 or so.
>>
>>63950946
Yes. I prefer it over VII any day.
>>
>>63950940
nigga its still ahead of its time
>>
I really like the way Lucas portrayed Anakin and the way be told his story.
>>
>>63950950
if you have nothing to say but backpedaling don't post
>>
>>63950712

I loved the PT. Especially episode 1. So many themes and main characters.
>>
>>63950712

Jesus christ. It's the same fucking threads every damn day with you start wars fags.

>Mary sue threads
>ep 7 was bad threads
>ep 7 was good threads
>prequels were good threads
>bitching about Kylo ren threads
>phasma/fett comparison threads

Hello I missed it when it was just the sheev threads. How about you mods do something about all these fucking threads and either limit star wars to a general thread or make /fagwars/ already. With all the repeated and worthless threads, I'm pretty convinced Disney tossed a few shekels to allow the shilling.
>>
>>63951089

Don't know if this is tongue in cheek but the RotS Anakin was actually fairly done, given the circumstances

>unlike the muppet Anakin in Attack of the CLones
>>
>>63951015
>>63950946
I just got back from seeing Episode VII a second time (first time went with family and some friends) and I rewatched Episode III and well, yeah RoTS is a lot more fun.
>>
>>63951122
U mad bro?
>>
>>63951172

Do you guys really think it's "fun"?

The ending sequence of RotS makes me sad inside
>>
Here you guys go. I found the best of both worlds. https://youtu.be/g_H3_g9PhnM
>>
>>63950946
RotS is better than TFA
>>
>>63951196

A little bit. Yeah. I like star wars and thought they were pretty entertaining, but holy shit this is overvoard.

Threads like these make baneposting a breath of fresh air.
>>
>>63951221
I mean in terms of general pacing, action, thematic, story, and so on. It didn't leave me with an uncomfortable feeling or realization like TFA did when it ultimately was just GoTG with a Star Wars skin on it.

Yeah it was depressing seeing Anakin's fall.
>>
I have about as much respect for Cuck Wars as I do for the dog shit on my shoe.
It is Reddit, it is capeshit, it is cheeto dust, it is video games. It's nothing more than meme's enjoyed by simplistic pledditors. I have ZERO respect for people who are not free thinkers and blindly enjoy the capeshit redditory Reddit show that is The Force Awakens.
I'm literally screaming, slamming my arms on my desk right now just thinking about it....
>>
>>63950781
>>63950822
this was funny like 5 years ago
>>
>>63951227
Top kek, I haven't laughed so hard in a while.
>>
>>63951276
>I'm literally screaming, slamming my arms on my desk right now just thinking about it....
Sounds like you're fucking autistic then.
>>
>>63951276
Little dick syndrome. Also just because someone likes star wars doesn't mean they are not free thinkers. They just like being emersed in it because it is a good franchise.
>>
>>63951227
"Oops"
>>
>>63950712
I loved them as a kid and I still like them. Anakin got caught in the middle of a cluster fuck.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.