[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What caused R2-D2 to wake up?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: r2-d2-tfa.png (230 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
r2-d2-tfa.png
230 KB, 640x427
What caused R2-D2 to wake up?
>>
Someone was brewing Folgers and he smelled it.
>>
The Lord Jesus Christ (not memeing or joking)
>>
plot convenience
>>
>>63950143
he finished updating to Windows 10
>>
THE FORCE
>>
My head canon is that Luke activated him remotely when he sensed the destruction of the republic planets
>>
He was remotely controlled by Luke

when luke sensed rey he woke Artoo up so he could show the map
>>
BB-8 promised R2 his droidpussy if R2 stopped being depressed faggot
>>
>>63950173
>in the SW universe Jesus was a Jedi
I'd be okay if this were canon.
>>
>>63950185
you mean uninstalling.
BB-8 runs on 10
>>
>>63950143

He needed to be brought out of retirement for one last score with his partner, Punished C-3PO
>>
>>63950196
This, although the timing lines up with the destruction of the death star planet
>>
>>63950143
>“BB-8 comes up and says something to him, which is basically, ‘I’ve got this piece of a map, do you happen to have the rest?’” Abrams said. “The idea was, R2 who has been all over the galaxy, is still in his coma, but he hears this. And it triggers something that would ultimately wake him up.”
>>
>>63950143
It was a set up for episode VIII the droids awaken
>>
>>63950192
This. It was the name of the fucking movie you retard.
>>
>>63950196
Possibly Luke told him to go into low power mode and in low power mode he's still aware of what's going on around him and decided it was time to fully power up.
>>
>>63951709
The fuck is a "low power mode" anyway

They couldn't just get a technician to pry him open and get the data out?
>>
>>63950239
What is funny about that scene, is that C-3PO already knows BB-8.
Which means BB-8 was with the rebels for some time.
Somehow up until the movie BB-8 never met R2, since C-3PO had to explain to it that R2 is in low power mode.
This happened, despite the fact that BB-8 is the droid of the "Best Pilot in the Resistance", and R2 does literally nothing else than hang out in the Resistance's base.
>>
>>63950143
bb8's cute round butt
>>
File: 1398763664701.gif (2 MB, 176x144) Image search: [Google]
1398763664701.gif
2 MB, 176x144
>>63950218
>Punished C-3PO
>>
>>63950192
THAT'S NOT HOW THE FORCE WORKS
>>
>>63950196
Literally the only thing that could make sense. Luke senses all the death and activates R2 remotely. He probably sensed Rey and Kylo as well.
>>
>>63951780
he didn't have the part of the map before, and I can't remember the specifics but I don't rememebr anything implying they were strangers.
>>
new midget finally got his license
>>
Luke saw the future and so was like "r2 dude wake up in xx years, ciao"
>>
>>63950143
Plageius sensed it was time to act.
Plag = R2
>>
>>63951853
C-3PO says something like "You're wasting your time, R2 has been in Low Power mode since Master Luke left" which implies BB-8 didn't know this.

Seems strange that he wouldn't know this, if C-3PO's first instinct upon seeing them together is to tell him this.
>>
>>63952065
>which implies BB-8 didn't know this.
not really. He could just be repeating it. And who's to say they ever really interacted in front of each other.

seriously tho senpai, quit nitpicking. All the dialogue is for the benefit of the audience.
>>
>>63950209
So why did Luke look so surprised when Rey found him?
>>
>>63951798
>Threepio, get down! That's an enemy TIE Fighter. One burst from it's laser cannons can rip a droid in two.
>You took out their shield generator? It wasn't one of the targets, but it will make it easier to bring in air support
>A weapon to surpass the Death Star!
>Artoo... I'm already a rebel.

Where's my fanart already, it's been like a week.
>>
>>63952287

He didn't. Were we watching the same film?
>>
>>63951780
>Which means BB-8 was with the rebels for some time.

Not necessarily

>Somehow up until the movie BB-8 never met R2

He was covered up in a corner not doing anything, hardly unbelievable
>>
>>63952287
He gave her that look because of how much she grew up to look like his now-dead wife.
>>
>>63952584
Mara Jade?
>>
like everything else in this shite film there was either no reason or it's a thread to be explained in a later film (that's a story for another movie as the unimaginative prune faced reggae alien says). This is not what Starwars films are for, leave that to the MCU
>>
It was Luke's daughter, Rey. He activated as soon as she walked in.
>>
File: uhsure.png (3 MB, 1818x878) Image search: [Google]
uhsure.png
3 MB, 1818x878
>>63952706
uh, sure
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.