[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>adult animated sitcom that predates The Simpsons by 15 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Wait-Till-Your-Father-Gets-.jpg (40 KB, 650x300) Image search: [Google]
Wait-Till-Your-Father-Gets-.jpg
40 KB, 650x300
>adult animated sitcom that predates The Simpsons by 15 years
>no one ever talks about it
>>
>>63947778
Is the simpsons just glib facsimile?
>>
>>63947778
I remember that show actually but i doubt many people do.

Also i doubt it was as adult oriented or controversial as Simpsons.
>>
because it sucks
>>
>>63948034
It's still categorized as adult animation
>>
Was it good?
>>
>>63947778
that wasn't an 'adult' show and really neither is the simpsons. the simpsons is a family show geared towards children with a few jokes parents can get. like all family shows.

the first adult animation show i remember was duckman. and it was fucking glorious.
>>
File: 526x297-J5e.jpg (18 KB, 526x297) Image search: [Google]
526x297-J5e.jpg
18 KB, 526x297
>>63948034
Heck, I remember it. The daughter was the blithe free-spirit hippie dippy idealist, his son was a wannabe rockstar who got his foot in the door and promptly blew a fortune on a penthouse and other crap. I especially liked Jack Burns voicing the crazy militia-minded neighbor.
>>
>>63949776
>CC used to show Duckman and the Critic
>Now they only show reruns upon reruns of shitty comedy flicks that they always run
>>
File: the_flintstones_42918.jpg (100 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
the_flintstones_42918.jpg
100 KB, 600x300
Ummmmmm
>>
>>63949909
duckman was originally on USA i think. and the critic too but im not sure about that one. the critic wasn't as funny in my opinion but i watched them both.

some of those old duckman episodes perfectly predict the kind of society we live in today. and that was 20 years ago.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.