[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
They're going to end up switching sides in the sequel, aren't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 13
File: renrey.jpg (45 KB, 620x374) Image search: [Google]
renrey.jpg
45 KB, 620x374
They're going to end up switching sides in the sequel, aren't they? It almost feels inevitable at this point.
>>
>>63947297
I'm getting that inkling.
>>
So Kylo will be a mary sue?
>>
It's the only thing that could make the disney trilogy interesting.

Also both of them show more aptitude for the opposite side of the force.
Rey is "strong and determined"
Kylo ren is a pussy.
>>
>>63947297
I hope based Rian does it. Haven't seen the movie yet but I've read the spoilerboard and I have tickets to my local AVX (Canadian "we don't have many IMAX screens so lets spruce up our current theaters and sell tickets at a higher price" IMAX wannabe) theater. Pretty excited. I mean, a JJ Abrams Star Wars, that is going to set up a Rian Johnson Star Wars? Fucking hype. Just hope that Episode 8 focuses on the story and characters of Episode 7 instead of adding too much more.
>>
>>63947297

I have a sinking feeling that Kylo is going to be demoted or some shit and he'll spend some capacity of time with the good guys until he gets back into power.
>>
>>63947653
If you aren't completely autistic like some of the edgy contrarians here, then chances are you're going to enjoy it. I didn't have many gripes with the film, but my biggest one is that it takes too many narrative points from A New Hope, especially in its latter half.

But since Disney and co. are following this new trilogy in a traditional fashion, the next movie will be the character-development driven one, like TESB was for the original trilogy.
>>
>>63947598
>Kylo is haunted by killing his father
>Luke returns and helps Leia coax him back to the light side
>Meanwhile, Snoke is the new Sheev and manipulates Rey to the dark side

It won't happen because this is Disney but this would be perfect
>>
File: JJ_donut_steel.jpg (117 KB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
JJ_donut_steel.jpg
117 KB, 640x350
>>63947991
>"I've got a bad feeling about this"
LOL REMEMBER THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY?
also you say "I've got a bad feeling about this" when something bad is about to happen, not after you already know it's happening. they already knew the fucking mercs were on board and the monsters were loose, it was totally forced and out of place

>"When have you ever helped? And don't say the Death Star."

>hologram schematic of Not The Death Star
>"Can't we blow it up? There's usually a way to do that."

>taking down a shield generator to attack Not The Death Star
>flying down a trench to blow up Not The Death Star

>"Is there a garbage chute? Trash compacter?"

this movie was SHIT
>>
>>63947598
>Rey is "strong and determined"
She's not very emotional though.
Didn't even fall into anger while defeating Kylo so I didn't see the dark side potential there really.

I guess she wasn't calm when she beat the crap out of the guys on Jakku with her stick and chased after Finn.
>>
>>63948844
>if you aren't completely autistic
Well you sure showed him..
>>
You are all deluded.
Dindu has to stick his monkey dick in the stronk white grill because jews.

No dark side for you.
>>
>>63948844
>sequel to the original trilogy
>not allowed to mention or reference anything about the original trilogy

Autism
>>
>>63948844
no
>>
>>63948892
>>63948899
>what is subtlety

They were practically breaking the fourth wall at times with the references. A sci-fi/fantasy film shouldn't do that, this isn't Star Wars On Ice or some shit

Fuck Disney
>>
>>63948844
where the fuck did they get the Starkiller schematics anyway?

why does this movie either steal or negate every plot point of the previous movies?

in that scene, they literally say "our ships can't penetrate the shield" and then they get through the shield by fucking flying through it in hyperspace

remember in ANH when Han specifically says hyperspace calculations have to be precise or you could "fly through a star or bounce too close to a supernova and that'd end your trip real quick?"

Literally Marvel logic. Avengers: Star Wars Edition
>>
File: star_wars_marvelization.png (56 KB, 1136x466) Image search: [Google]
star_wars_marvelization.png
56 KB, 1136x466
>>63949071
>>
>>63948861
Her defeat of Kylo is very Dark-Side-ish, given the way she beats him down and overpowers him and the way she gives him several Sheev Stabs. She seems completely ready to kill him, too, but the destruction of Starkiller Base stops her by splitting them up.

Also, remember what Yoda said about the Dark Side: it's the quick and easy path. Rey's whole development in the Force to this point is about being 'quick and easy.' It might even be that she's naturally inclined to the Dark Side. This would make her a nice contrast to Kylo/Ben, who's naturally inclined to the Light Side.
>>
>>63949193
>Sheev Stabs
Wishful thinking, anon

This is a Disney movie, the good pure white girl will defeat the bad guys all by herself and breed with the blackie
>>
>>63948977
isn't there a point into the movie where c3po basically looks into the camera and is almost like he's saying hey guys its me, i'm in the movie too!
>>
>>63947297
>implying jewllywood wants a female villain
>>
>>63949257
They're literally in the movie.

It's also the case that Rey's own Mary-Sue-ness suggests that she's going to be in for a rough patch as a character. She's too good to be true. If anyone is interested in telling a good story, sooner or later the other shoe has to drop.
>>
they both become evil, Finn saves the day
>>
File: rey2.jpg (30 KB, 1000x425) Image search: [Google]
rey2.jpg
30 KB, 1000x425
>>63948861
>>
> the only villian to actually kill his own kin in a SW movie
> ever being saved

Nah. You dont come back from patricide you ignorant fucks. Re... I mean Kylo I going to go down in flames as a really shit tier villaim.
>>
>>63947297
I would be fucking pissed if he turned good at this point. He got his end of ROTJ moment, and he didn't take it. He doesn't get another.
>>
>>63949071
if you listened to han he said that the ships cant penetrate the shield with sublight engines
>>
>>63949361
That and all of his lines sound canned as shit and not at all like something 3PO would say. Especially because Anthony Daniels phoned it the fuck in
>>
>>63949705
see
>>63948813
he was already conflicted, if Han's death doesn't haunt him and cause him to turn on Snoke then new trilogy confirmed shit
>>
Kylo will sacrifice himself after he learns about Vader's redemption
>>
>>63949541

That's cool too, i just dont like rey as the hero.
I guess i'm probably a sexist shitlord.
>>
>Rey falls to the dark side due to the resentment of her father Luke abandoning her.
>Snoke betrays Kylo sensing a stronger apprentice in Rey.
> Kylo embraces his anger and goes on a quest to unlock ancient teachings and restore the sith. Becoming powerful enough to face the defilers of the dark side.

>Disney gives us a dark side focused trilogy
>Fuck the light
>>
>>63949717
which is bullshit Marvel logic, because he clearly says in ANH that you can't fly through a star or anything else that would kill you in subspace while in hyperspace

why would a shield be any different? if you can "phase through" a shield in hyperspace, why didn't they just do that in RotJ?
>>
>>63949793
I thought they made it pretty clear when Kylo was saying how he wanted Han to "help" him that killing him got rid of the bit of light left in him.
>>
File: _RAUGHS_.jpg (37 KB, 630x337) Image search: [Google]
_RAUGHS_.jpg
37 KB, 630x337
>>63949863
>Disney doing anything remotely interesting
>ever
>>
>>63949429
Fuck you're right i forgot women can't be villains currently.
Even more so a character praised as a "strong womyn protagonist" becoming a villain.

It just isn't gonna happen.
>>
Disney aren't going to do anything new or interesting with the series. It's about making money, and in making movies, originality is a big risk. Look at the movie. It is the most manufactured thing imaginable, where everything is what you'd predict for them to fly under the radar as an acceptable, highly profitable Star Wars movie. Nothing new. Nothing original. All of them will be like that. Glib facsimiles.
>>
>>63949193
>She seems completely ready to kill him
That doesn't really matter. It's about her state of mind more.
>Rey's whole development in the Force to this point is about being 'quick and easy.'
That's fair.

>>63949587
Yeah I guess there's that, and the Jakku stuff I mentioned.
Just during the Kylo fight I didn't see the darkside in her. She closed her eyes and seemed to find serenity and then defeated Kylo. Didn't seem very emotional. Beyond that fight there's dark side stuff though as you say.
>>
Nothing Kylo does will redeem him for what he did. They can try making him good but everyone will still hate him.
>>
>>63949885
The new hyperspace logic possibly pissed me off more than anything. The hangar, the shield, the gun that shoots magnitudes faster than, and most importantly of all how everyone is now 10 minutes and a fucking phone call away. We barely get to maz and out of nowhere 5 minutes later both Kylo and nu squadron have arrived from their respective bases in distant sectors? Come the fuck on.
>>
Spoilers:
The fight between Ren and Rey was retarded as hell and undermined Rens position as a threat for the rest of the trilogy.

Here we have Kylo Ren, savage leader of the Knights of Ren, trained by an ancient Sith in the ways of the Dark Side and lightsaber dueling.

On the other hand we have Rey. A scavenger girl from a desert planet with no formal training in anything. (Quarterstaffs are the mary sue of the weapons world, which explains why she is capable of fighting against thugs etc.)

The fight between Ren and Finn establishes that Ren is absolutely not to be fucked with as finn gets wiped out rather easily. Ren shows off his empowerment through rage by smacking his wound (which is a nice touch fair play to Disney)

Rey steps up and immediately is on the back foot, getting blasted by Ren when suddenly, the tables turn after Rey (lmao) communes with the Force in the middle of a death match with a Sith who has years, YEARS of training on her. She fucking pauses mid struggle, whispers 'the force' and CLOSES HER EYES.

Rey then proceeds to obliterate Ren. Theres just no contest between them after a few seconds of Rey communing with the force. She wipes the floor with him so totally that he is left disarmed (literally I think) with a massive head wound. Then the ground splits down the middle and separates them by a chasm that could easily be made by a force jump.

How can anyone take anything Ren does or becomes seriously after that? Disney you hacks you fucked up in the last act.
>>
>>63949541
>Finn and Poe shoots them down in an X Wing and a Tie Fighter and then high fives in the showers
>>
>>63949863
Oh man Kylo breaking away and forming his own faction would be amazing. At the moment I cant see his character playing second fiddle to anyone for long.
>>
>>63950330
Ren was undermined when he took off his mask and revealed the self cutting crybaby underneath.
>>
>>63949107
Why would you send a sizeable force to infiltrate a base

If you wanted to infiltrate you would send a few people as possible
>>
>>63950330
>and lightsaber dueling.
ok
>>
>>63947297
Yeah, this is what I had plotted out happening before the spoilers came. I've been right about everything so far but to be fair it was obvious Ford was only showing up to kill Han. We knew kylo was gonna be his son. We knew snoke would be less directly involved. We knew a bigger deathstar was involved. And I knew Luke would only be in the last minute and that's why he was barely shown. I'm so glad the hurr sith Luke crowd got shut the fuck down.

I imagine she goes darker in two. Kylo lightens and breaks down over his father and cries to repent to leia on her deathbed. In the final movie they tag team snoke's source or some more ambiguous ancient evil.
>>
>>63949107
Your marvelization post sucked man.
>>
Oh man I'm reading some really interesting ideas in this thread.

But let's not forget: THIS IS FUCKING DISNEY.

I just wanna kill myself.
>>
>>63950485
Oddly enough I liked it. It feels very much like a young man trying oh so hard to impress a father figure. He dresses and acts in a way he believes to be honouring Vader. I genuinely think Kylo was the best established character so far. We've got backstory, motive, long-term goal and character.
>>
>>63950499
That was kind of weird.
Why was he swinging around a lightsword like a 4kg Claymore.
>>
>>63950591
Sith style of fighting maybe?
>>
It would be pretty ballsy of them to do so. Kylo Ren killed the most popular star wars character in cold blood and people see him as a trenchcoat mafia creepy asshole. Rey is the current poster-child for hamfisted feminist 'strong film woman' and they would throw a fit if she was corrupted into a villain.

They would pretty much piss off everyone except those people that desperately want to see Star Wars do something new and bold ( a minority ).
>>
>>63948844
Wow, one of the most significant events in that galaxies history being referenced by someone who took part in it. Why would that ever happen?
>>
>>63950578
When you competition either doesnt have any screen time (Poe), makes no sense (Finn), and is an even more chosen one (Rey) of course you end up the best developed character. He's still shit though, and is nothing but a poor mans Anakin clone without 3 movies to develop a legitimate fall. Instead we get "oh woe is me, I'm so conflicted. LOL nah jk, killed muh dad"
>>
>>63950591
>Why was he swinging around a lightsword like a 4kg Claymore.
Probably because he made a shitty outdated lightsaber design because Luke didn't taught the force without lightsabers, so Kylo was a self taught fighter.
>>
>>63950615
>>63950591
I kinda liked the new fighting style. Kylo winding up and hacking the shit out of them looked like it hurt
>>
>>63950731
How did finn make no sense?
>>
>>63950731
Good point, though I think you're under appreciating the scene with muh dad. Kylo made his decision then and there to dive in to the Dark Side, after the sun was extinguished using everything and anything he can to fuel his emotions.
>>
>>63950820
Force Users are essentially super human. Finn, being a non-user, should not have been able to put up any kind of a fight with Kylo as he would not have had the same level of strength, speed, skill and versatility as Kylo.
>>
>>63950926
Maybe he is a force user?
>>
>>63950926
Let's not forget Kylo wasn't fully trained, he was injured and just killed his dad (if that has anything to do with it)
>>
>>63949926
>mfw Phasma got like five minutes of screentime because of this
>mfw she could've been a badass villain but they can't portray a woman in a negative light
>>
>>63947297

That'd be retarded.
>>
>>63950992
Oh, I thought siths got more power from strong emotions, Wouldnt killing han solo just empower him more?
>>
>>63950820
Finns arc-
Doesnt want to kill even though thats his whole point and how he was raised
Traumatized at the death if his buddy
5 mins later helps buddies killer escape
poe and finn have complete trust fron minute 1
Kills the only people hes ever known no problem throughout the rest of the film
Doesn't really grow much if at all as a character the next hour and a half. Once he meets Rey, he's just kinda there to be there

His setup was dumb, and then basically getting shoved in the background once Solo arrives justs makes the issue worse. Dude can act, thats not the issue at all. He just had shit to work with.
>>
>>63950992
As we see in the fight with Finn, being injured was actually a boon for Kylo as it allowed him to feed off his own rage at being injured. No idea where all his emotion went while fighting Rey though.

>>63950982
Im thinking thats the direction they are going with Finn. He already shows many signs of the Dark Side as well.
>>
>>63950330
this desu

and in addition to that a lot of the new plot undermines everything from the OT

>Rebels defeat the Empire at the Battle of Endor
>Disney retcon sees full EZ defeat of the Empire only one battle later at Jakku
>everyone goes their separate ways, doesn't do shit for 30 years
>suddenly everyone cares about each other again when they realize Rey exists
>>
>>63951032
Maybe it was such a strong emotion that he wasn't focused. Altough that still wouldn't justify getting his ass beaten by a girl who doesn't know shit about the Force.
>>
>>63951014
not really, when have we seen a hero character turn bad like that? Anakin but we all knew he was Vader, this would be much more refreshing.
>>
>>63951059
Uhm did you even watch the movie buddy? He hates the first order.
>>
>>63951059
I think he would've worked better if he was pressed into service fairly recently and went under some slighty conditioning to become a storm trooper instead of being raised that way.
>>
>>63951147
But he /was/ conditioned. They mention it in the film, hell Finn says he was ripped from his family at an early age.
>>
>>63951095
Tbh I kinda think that rey showed more dark side potentional then finn.
>>
>>63951032
Except it didn't.

It apparently made him weaker. Doesn't help that he admitted he felt the "temptations of the light side" when talking to Vader's helmet either.

Meanwhile, Rey seemingly gets stronger when her emotions go haywire.

Notice how both Kylo and Rey react upon Han's death. Kylo is apparently traumatized from what he had just done, but he tries to keep it together with a stern face. Meanwhile, Rey is fucking enraged. To the point where she ends up overwhelming Kylo during their lightsaber fight, giving him a nasty scar and even coming close to killing him.
>>
You're overlooking the obvious problem with this; If Rey turns, the good guys lose cause she, being a mary sue on top of being a woman, can never be defeated. That is, unless they have a woman do it.
>>
>>63951147
That would have worked, absolutely

>>63951144
Yes but why? No reason is given, and those are the only people hes ever known. Itd be like being raised from birth in the marines, growing up with your squad mates, and then turning on them to help a captive who just killed a bunch of them. It makes no sense.
>>
>>63950047
I can only hope that once the jerking off dies down this film is seen as just as bad as the prequels and the second film does really shitty because it's literally a rehash
>>
>>63951178
We don't know how early.

Could've been 10, not 4 or something. He'd still have fond memories of his family if he was taken in later than 5 years. Then again, not sure if the First Order brainwash or memory wipe their troops.
>>
>>63951259
That's literally not possible. This movie didn't have even half the hype Episode 1 did, and it wasn't even a quarter as bad.
>>
>>63951139

It wouldn't be very interesting. I'm much more excited to see how Rey develops his Force abilities and deals with her angst without turning over to the dark side.
>>
>>63951059
I agree that Finns entry was pretty stupid and Disney seriously dropped the ball when they had him murdering his brothers at the drop of a hat without even a second of introspection but I believe he has the most potential for growth as a character, whether as a villain or a hero that awaits to be seen.

Finn is a force sensitive that is falling to the dark side, shown in his absolute pursuit of his passions whether they be killing members of The First Order, or chasing his wun tru luv onto a literal fortress planet. Hes shown several times to be out of control of his emotions, panicking and lying to Rey and Solo, getting enraged at the silver stormtrooper, the fact he can at the drop of a hat start slaughtering the soldiers he grew up with all point to someone that is dark.
>>
>>63951252
>nignog making sense
He want some white pussy.
That's his entire character.
>>
>>63951232
Her overwhelming kylo was just her channeling the force. She was focused not enraged. And its not unusual for jedis to kill siths anyways, just look at obi wan Vs maul.
>>
File: 1446703653326.jpg (98 KB, 837x892) Image search: [Google]
1446703653326.jpg
98 KB, 837x892
>>63950330
>being this fucking stupid
>>
>>63951200
Really? She goes all Jedi Master inner-peace a couple times. When does she show emotion?

>>63951232
But that isnt how the fight went down at all. Ren had Rey on the backfoot at the beginning and as he is about to force her into a ravine. Ren mentions something about being able to teach her the force and Rey (lmao) whispers 'the force' and IMMEDIATELY ENTERS A JEDI TRANCE (fuck you disney). She loses all emotion and fucking flogs Ren.
>>
>>63951330
>Finn and Rey end up becoming dark force users
>while Kylo turns back to the light

No way in hell will this happen. One of them. sure. But both? SJW's would go fucking berserk.
>>
>>63951252
He got forced to kill innocent civilians. He is not a monster like the rest of the first order guys. He got heart.
>>
>>63951252
Black people don't think or act, they merely react.
>>
I feel like Poe was the only good character in the film
>>
>>63951178
>But he /was/ conditioned. They mention it in the film, hell Finn says he was ripped from his family at an early age.
Yes. I know.
I said quite recently. As opposed from being trained from a young age and trained all his life for this.

>What happened
He was taken as a child and trained all his life to be a storm tropper
>What I suggest
He was pressed into service fairly recently(as an adult) and went through slight(as opposed to major) condition to become a storm troooper.
>>
>>63951324
nah that would be boring
>>
>>63951395
While it's true that Ren didn't want to kill her, she still overwhelmed him to the point where she would've killed her if if weren't for the planet seperating them. Going easy on a target doesn't equate to letting your guard down completely.
>>
I like how JJ avoided the ballerina-type "sword dance" fencing shit like the ones from the prequels (not saying those were bad though). this fits perfectly. more rough and barbaric as both are inexperienced and have not fully reached their capabilities
>>
>>63951330
Hopefully Rain at least does something with the fucker to flesh him out. I don't even really care where they go. He just seemed like filler for so much of the movie to me. Probably cant have the black guy go back to evil though, even if that would work nicely.
>>
>>63951426
Poe is a Gary Stu so far, m8.
>>
You know what REALLY bothers me

I mean, aside from the other parts of the film that also bothered me

The one thing that absolutely gets me is that they could have just explained it that R2 had his memory damaged when he was left behind by Luke and/or attacked during Kylo's rampage and that that was the reason the map was incomplete

Instead they had that "low power mode" bullshit

Like shit, they could have just said "Luke abandoned R2 after the attack"
>>
>>63948844

Haha it resembles Star Wars haha what shit hahaha
>>
>>63947297
That would be neat.
>>
File: return02.jpg (44 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
return02.jpg
44 KB, 660x440
>>63951324
>I'm much more excited to see how Rey develops her Force abilities and deals with her angst without turning over to the dark side.

Yeah, we already had that. He was called Luke. Would rather have something new instead.
>>
>>63951462
You've lost me.
>>
>>63951563
Except unlike Luke she'll never fail or struggle.
>>
>>63951594
Even worse.
Fuck, I hate neo-feminism so much.
>>
>>63951032
He's not a Sith. He's just an apprentice. And also he's so clearly distraught over that - he didn't want to, almost cried, and turns his anger inward rather than outward (see the difference of Vader killing officers with bad news and Kylo just throwing a fucking temper tantrum). Point is, he's a shitty force-user who has no control or focus, and also feels bad about himself to the point of it being a detriment rather than source of power.

We also have no baseline for his skill other than his intimidation and backup army of stormtroopers. His skill with a lightsaber, as far as we see it, is in the context of pretty much controlled slayings.

Look at his mask, his sporadic and sparky lightsaber, the way he uses the force for dramatic effect rather than offence - he's not strong, he's just scary.
>>
>>63951575
Kylo didn't want to kill her. But that doesn't mean he can't defend himself.

Point is, he tried to defend himself, but Rey still ended up overwhelming him.
>>
>>63951495
I assumed that they couldn't access R2's data because luke had encrypted it or something
>>
>>63949429
THIS. I like the idea but it's legitimately impossible for it to happen. Disney worries more about political correctness than an interesting plot.
>>
>>63951008
Phasma better come back she just fucking screams "wasted potential"
>>
>>63951656
The Dark Side feeds off strong emotions, it doesnt matter what rank you are in the hierarchy. a fallen jedi padawan can be SERIOUS fucking business resulting in a lot of death. Kylo is a Sith, he has thrown himself to the dark side and is doing his absolute best to be a bad person.

And that is exactly why I like his character, he is the exact representation of good person trying to be evil. He doesn't kill those who bring him bad news, he throws a temper tantrum to show off how powerful and bad he is but he never actually does anything flat out evil.

Even killing muh dad was only done after some serious introspection and a fucking sun dying out in the background he does it because 'thats what a bad guy would do'. He doesn't hate like a sith, doesnt act like a sith.

Kylo aint a sith my nigga.
>>
>>63951675

I can't believe I'm going to be voting for Trump next year

you win, society, I mad
>>
This movie was shit. Main plot will be a slightly modified version of the conflict between Han and Leia's twins. Quite unoriginal and disappointing.
>>
>>63951008
>>63951715
I just think she was supposed to be a setup for a Boba Fett type - not a whole lot of screen time but just cool when she was around. Some people wanted to see her instead of TRAITOR but I think it was cool using her less rather than more. She'll get her ass handed to her by Finn in the next movie or two and it's gonna be so good leading up to it.
>>
Its gona be just like Kotor 1 Snook brainwashes Rayray she turns evil the faggot Ren turns good and in the end they both are good and defeat the evil cus thats what star wars is a fantasy where good triumphs over evil.
>>
>>63951660
Yeah but you were saying the Ren doesn't get stronger from emotions while Rey does but its definitively the opposite.

Ren is absolutely destroying Rey, all she can do is defend until she communes with the force, enters a Jedi Trance and stomps on Rens head.
>>
>>63951783
>Kylo is a Sith
>Kylo aint a sith
I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

But I love him too, he's my favorite character in the film. I wish Rey had a bit more error in her trial-and-error, but it was super cool to see someone learn to use the force in the moment rather than by guidance.
>>
>>63951831
>She'll get her ass handed to her by Finn in the next movie or two and it's gonna be so good leading up to it.
She's a woman, so that won't happen. Only character that can defeat her is Rey.
>>
>>63947297
They'll kill Ren in VIII. Snoke will replace him in IX

screen cap this
>>
>>63951922
>>63951831
I dont even think they can use her again in her FO role... shes now just as big a traitor as Finn.
>>
>>63951915
Yeah sorry I reread that and realized it made no sense.

Kylo is a good person trying to be bad. I've no idea what happened with Luke and the previous apprentices but thats just how it appears to me right now. So Kylo is simultaneously a Sith (he walks and talks like one) and not a Sith (he doesn't act like one)
>>
>>63951948
He will sacrifice himself for the greater good
Screencap this.
>>
>>63951957
>>63951922
this raises a good point - it's easy to kill her when she's got a mask on, but I am not so sure that a man killing a woman on screen is something Disney will do.
>>
>>63952054

Or better yet, a black man protagonist killing a white female villain

How's that for breaking barriers you SJW faggots

let's see that on screen Disney Joos
>>
>>63951783
>>63952004
having a character where the light is their temptation instead of the dark is easily my favorite new addition. we've already seen the reverse a lot, and it makes sense that evil wouldn't just come naturally and easily to someone (the natural human resistance to killing for example)
>>
>>63952004
Yeah, the intimidation is his power. I found it totally believable that he, once weakened by a shot and just plain old having a bad day, would lose a fight to Rey, and that Finn (who, as we saw, was at least competent enough with a saber to hold back a stormtrooper that literally specialized in sword-like combat) could hold him back for a few minutes while Rey was unconscious (his sacrifice for her obviously mirroring Han/Leia's sacrifice for Luke at the end of Empire, and Luke's inability to take responsibility for his friend's sacrifice driving him to the dark side).
>>
File: 1445240529734.jpg (113 KB, 640x560) Image search: [Google]
1445240529734.jpg
113 KB, 640x560
>>63947297
What does Italy have to do with star wars now?
>>
Kylo is going to come back to the light, and then Rey will fall to the dark side and kill Luke but then Kylo will bring her back too and together they beat Snoke then they get married and all that shit

Cap this
>>
This is the only way to salvage my opinion on the first movie.

It's like a later Nolan movie. It tries hard to be smart. We also know JJ.

It would be also interesting to see how far they stray, or really who has the reigns behind this at Disney aka Disney's Snoke
>>
>>63950498
Ask Marquand, that's exactly what they did in RotJ
>>
>>63949541
finn isn't even force sensitive. He can't save shit.
>>
>>63950648
It's not the fact that it's being referenced, retard, it's the fact that the line doesn't sound like it's in-universe and sound written as fuck

It's the definition of shit fanfic dialogue
>>
>>63952308
Episode VII was largely fanservice. It had the plot and tone of Episode IV and the downbeat ending and family dynamics of V. These are clearly the two best films in the series and it makes sense the foolproof Episode VII would largely work with those blueprints. Han's death was the death of the OT, as now Leia is more or less Mon Martha and Luke is more or less Obi Wan. It's not the rag-tag team anymore; now it's the new generation. It was a setup movie for sure, it's sequel bait and it's a shameless ripoff of IV and V, but it works because the context of it really allows (and necessitates) the sort of story they told.
>>
>>63952251
>Rey will fall to the dark side and kill Luke
And so we reach our final conclusion; the new 'strong' female lead kills the old male lead. Bonus points if she still has no training but thoroughly defeats him.
>>
>>63952406
shut up faggot

ha GOT EEM
>>
>>63951783
I felt this the whole way through. It honestly felt to me that Kylo is rebeling against his "awesome save the galaxy" family who is so on the good side they shit sparkles and he wants to be angst edgy darkside like his grandfather.
>>
>>63950982
>Rey touches lightsaber, gets magic Disney Force visions
>Finn touches lightsaber, nothing
>BUT REY IS LE SPESHUL AND DIFFRENT MY HEADCANON SAYS SO
>>
>>63951831
Except we don't see her in a previous movie doing anything badass

Boba is shown in ESB as a hired gun for Vader, who helps him trap Han. Whereas Phasma shows up in this movie, does literally nothing and is discarded
>>
>>63949654
Implying it was Kylo that killed Han, and not Han who killed himself to save his son. It's going to be one of the big reveals of episode 8 since we they angled it to where we didn't actually see who ignited the saber. Remember Han said he would do anything for his son, and Kylo said thank you after the deed was done.
>>
>>63951330
>implying Disney can or will make anything this nuanced

Nice try bud, Star Wars is dead and this movie was shit
>>
What if, after all this, luke just ends up the hero again? Rey turns evil, joins Snoke and Ren, then Luke comes out of retirement to fuck their shit up? Maybe while Finn and Poe lead the Resistance fleet.

I just want to see Luke be cool again.
>>
>>63952514

>Anakin touches lightsaber, nothing
>Luke touches lightsaber, nothing

Maybe girls just get Forcegasms or something. I don't follow the Disney Canon.
>>
>>63951594
When did Luke fail or struggle?
>>
>>63952660
Episode V.
>>
>>63952688
that's the second film

>>63952660
also Rey got captured and knocked out by Kylo, twice. She's not a complex character, but she's also not invincible. The only reason she won the fight against Kylo is because Han sacrificed himself, Chewie shot him, and Finn took the brunt of Kylo's rage while she was KO'd in the snow.
>>
>>63951305
>>63951305
>This movie didn't have even half the hype Episode 1 did, and it wasn't even a quarter as bad.

This is what Reyfags actually believe

If anything, this was MORE hyped than Ep 1. The fucking White House had stormtrooper cosplayers the other day, and where the fuck have you been able to look without hearing about Star Wars all year? Literally nowhere
>>
>>63951374
>>63951395
>>63951462
The book explains that during the fight Rey had dark voices in her head telling her what to do. That "mediation" we saw was actually her darker side coming out. You can see her emotion in it to she's seething with rage in that last part of the fight. This will probably be a major theme about her inner voices in episode 8. I mean even her song has dark themes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6nhlSIPO6o
>>
>>63948844
literal autism
>>
>>63952660
Episode four, five and six.
>>
>>63950284
>new hyperspace logic possibly pissed me off more than anything

autism
>>
>>63952660
Uh, all the time you fucking retard

>gets bullied by his disappointed uncle
>gets BTFO by Tuskens, saved by Obi-Wan
>needs Obi-Wan to get the droids past the troopers guarding Mos Eisley
>almost gets BTFO in the bar, saved by Obi-Wan again
>struggles against a training probe on the Falcon
>"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"
>saved by R2 in the garbage masher
>so wrapped up in Obi-Wan's death that Obi-Wan has to remind him to run away
>finally has his first real success of the film when he lands the fatal shot on the Death Star (something he's actually good at due to practicing piloting at home)

>gets BTFO by the wampa
>barely able to pull his lightsaber out of the snow and escape
>gets BTFO by the cold, saved by Han
>gets BTFO by Yoda who shows him exactly how inexperienced he is, can't even budge his X-Wing, Yoda has to do it for him
>ignores Yoda's advice and risks everything to go to Cloud City, ignoring the lesson he was taught
>gets BTFO by Vader and is only saved from falling to his death by Leia

>fucks up Han's rescue at Jabba's palace, saved by R2's resourcefulness
>beats Sheev by losing and playing to his father's sympathies
>literally finished if Vader hadn't chosen him over the Emperor

Luke failed all the time, that was why we enjoyed seeing him succeed

Rey is boring as fuck to watch because literally nothing is a challenge for her, not even things she's never done before.
>>
>>63953023
How is being pissed at ignoring 40 years of pre established rules in TFA autism?
>>
>>63952541
Hence the whole "wasted potential "thing

>Make a single silver stormtrooper
>bother to actually give them a name instead of a number
>Having traits that heavily imply she's big shit and then do aboluselty nothing with them.

Dafuq was the point
>>
>>63949897
Thats what he thinks will happen

I doubt thats how it will end up happening
>>
>>63947297
>implying the SJW would let a white male be the hero and a female be the baddie
>>
>>63951414

Yes, but WHY does he have heart? He has literally spent decades being trained and conditioned by the First Order alongside other stormtroopers. How did nobody catch that the conditioning wasn't taking with him? How did he never show any signs of that kind of empathy? And why wouldn't that empathy extend to the people that essentially served as his surrogate family for his entire childhood/teenage years/adult life?
>>
is it online yet? I don't care enough to see it in a theater
>>
>>63953042
This to some extent the best thing about Luke getting BTFO no matter how pathetic it seems is he soon to improve gradually, in fact have of examples>>63953042 list are just nods at how much more Luke had to learn and grow

Rey just kinda breezed through just about everything. Picking up on how to pilot the falcon and fix it, learning the mind trick despite being effected by it once, and BTFOing Ren. Fin got his ass kicked but I want to see more lightsaber fights with him, him fighting Ren was much more fitting even though he was out matched
>>
>>63949107
I'm not retyping all that shit out so I'll just number list it

1) Inducing stasis in matter, organic and inorganic, is a demonstrated force power in the EU, which while no longer canon, Disney said they would take cues and ideas from it if they needed or wnated to.

2) It's bullshit, I'll give you this one.

3) Visions or hallucinations connected to force-imbued artifacts is also demonstrated in the EU, and Disney saw fit to appropriate it.

4) Luke was able to manifest force with no training, save for Kenobi's ghost telling him to trust his feelings. Rey's definitely looking a bit overpowered at this point, but the fact remains she may just be naturally strong in the Force or she has been using it her whole life without knowing it (or, if you follow certain theories, she had prior training and it was mindwiped, but I don't think this is plausible)

5) Another bullshit one, you got me there. What happened in the movie would require reflexes faster than the speed of light.

6) While the numbers are definitely lopsided, logically and militarily, the larger an installation is, the smaller the team you want to use if your purpose is infiltration. The installation was the size of a star.

7) Not sure how a Death Star evolution/derivative is a marvelization.

8) Glancing blows and non-limb-severing strikes, killing or otherwise, are not impossible and have precedence in previous films.
>>
>>63951532
>le fourth wall-breaking references make a movie good XDD

fuck off
>>
>>63952640
Exaclty

But Rey isn't a pandering grrl power character guys, she has real depth and development :^)
>>
>>63953247
It happens in real life more than you think. Some 18 year old kid joins the army and goes through whatever training is required oh im, but put him in the shit and he just can't deal.

Likewise with Finn. Doesn't he even say that the desert village mission was his first deployment while in the Finn-Rey confrontation in Maz's bar?
>>
>>63953529
vs Rey:
>easily beats up guys twice her size
>easily flies a ship she's never flown before because muh speederbike
>apparently speaks every language in the galaxy, who needs a protocol droid?
>literally Star Wars: Jakku Drifts it in shitty JJ Trek-esque chase scene
>knows all the inner workings of the Falcon from flying it once
>Han somehow can't remember how to fly it when it's been his for decades
>easily repairs it better than Han and Chewie can
>easily fixes anything else as well because muh scavenging
>crackshot with a blaster, despite being introduced as a melee user
>thinks the Force is just a wivestale, didn't think Luke was even a real person
>yet has super intense Force visions from touching a lightsaber that isn't even hers
>easily subdued by Kylo's Force powers one minute...
>...yet shortly afterward, figures out Jedi mind tricks on her own without even knowing what they are
>knows what every switch and lever does in the Starkiller base to easily sneak around in a place she's never been before
>magically able to pull the lightsaber strongly enough to keep Kylo from getting it when he's been training for years
>easily matches him in a duel with no training to speak of because muh bowcaster wound

>B-BUT LUKE IS JUST AS MUCH OF A MARTY STU

This is what Reyfags actually believe.
>>
>>63953656
>this is what Reyfags actually believe
>Reyfags

Fuck, it's like I'm in /a/'s Eva generals all over again. The bad memories about stupid characterfag wars are flooding back to me.
>>
>>63950330

Spoilers:

The ending of Return of the Jedi was retarded as hell and undermines the Empire's position as a threat to any of the characters.

Here we have an intergalactic empire with a ton of manpower, weapons, and armaments, not to mention the resources to build not one by two moon sized super weapons.

On the other hand, we have a bunch of forest teddie bears who are barely out of the stone age and will believe someone is a god if they're shiny enough.

The fights in the earlier movies establish that imperial soldiers are not to be fucked with, as shown by when the Rebels got completely routed at Hoth.

The Ewoks step up and immediately the Imperials are on the back foot. Getting taken out by basic rope traps and I fucking kid you not, giant logs pendulums.

How can anyone seriously believe that an AT-AT walker's armor can withstand heavy blaster fire by not a fucking tree? Lucas you hack you fucked up in the last act.
>>
>>63953718
Red and Blue wars still go on in there.
>>
>>63949193
God this would be an amazing plot line and perfectly justify her Mary-sue attributes, but you know that there's no chance in hell that Kasdan or JJ are thinking to that level of depth.
>>
File: Natalie_sees_anon's_cock.webm (526 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Natalie_sees_anon's_cock.webm
526 KB, 854x480
>>63953322
https://thepiratebay.mn/torrent/13055506/Star.Wars.The.Force.Awakens.2015.HD-CAM.XViD.HQMic.AC3-CPG

https://thepiratebay.mn/torrent/13068818/Star_Wars_Episode_VII_The_Force_Awakens_2015_720p_-_RARBG

First one confirmed decent but ridiculous file size

Second I haven't confirmed but more reasonable filesize

>mfw someone actually thought a camrip was worth two fucking GB
>>
>>63953096
When do they say you can't hyperspace through a shield? In TFA Han says it's basically suicide so no one tries it. I love these whiners trying to say TFA goes against OT's canon.
>>
>>63953792
>2gb
>ridiculous
Are you somehow 10 years in the past anon?
>>
>>63953742
For a take on the whole endor battle play the new battlefront. White armor is fucking retarded in in a forest, trust me on this. They deserved that ass whipping. ATSTs are also fairly flimsy things... though the tree thing was a bit much for sure.
>>
>>63953754
I know, that's why I'm avoiding that place like the plague until we actually get some damn info on the final Rebuild movie.
>>
>>63953531
>>63953531
>Glancing blows and non-limb-severing strikes, killing or otherwise, are not impossible and have precedence in previous films.
They're not impossible, but this film relies on them for pretty much all the lightsaber fighting.

It's absolutely retarded that Finn would get rekt by some random stormtrooper with a stun baton, but then go on to last even a second in a duel with Kylo

It completely undermines Kylo's legitimacy as a threat. Either he's a real threat and genuinely powerful, and therefore they shouldn't have had any duels with him until at least next movie, OR he isn't a real threat at all.
>>
>>63953869
Hyperspace from the hangar then without even plotting a course? Or the fact that now hypersapce takes 10 minutes to travel from the unkown regions to the central systems including atmospheric entry? The shield was fucking stupid but not the only instance.
>>
>>63953742
This is 100% valid and is part of the reason people have always disliked the Ewoks.

They were sort of a prelude to the "for kids" bullshit the prequels brought us. Which is weird because Lucas didn't direct RotJ
>>
>>63953912
It's a camrip, dipshit

There literally is not 2GB worth of visual quality there, the idiot who made it just encoded it higher than it deserves
>>
Snook, Luke, and Kylo will have to come together to kill Fin.
>>
>>63953869
>can't fly through a star in subspace
>can't fly through a star in hypserspace

>can't fly through a shield in subspace
>can somehow fly through a shield in hyperspace, even though they specifically don't do this in RotJ and have to disable the shield generator

retard
>>
>>63953869
>>63954114
oh, and also

>Falcon can hyperspace through the shield
>but everyone else has to wait even though X-Wings have perfectly good hyperdrives
>>
>>63953968
Saw another post in a different thread about that. It appeared as if Kylo was toying with Finn. The second Finn lands a blow Kylo goes FUCK YOU MODE and ends the fight in 3 seconds.

Also it just might be that Finn is force sensitive, so he could have some sort of clairvoyance when it comes to dueling, like many Jedi/Sith do. Snoke and Kylo mentioned an awakening in the force before Rey's power level was revealed, so maybe that was it.

As for Kylo's legitimacy as a threat or not, he both is and isn't. He is literally Anakin 2.0 now, a brash young man with power but no real grasp on it or how to wield it effectively. He feels the dark side should make him unstoppable but when he can't get things done his way he throws a kiddy tantrum. The dark side is about harnessing your emotions and channeling that energy into power, but Kylo is instead controlled by his anger, and doesn't channel it.

So he can be both a threat and a weakling. Don't be a sith, only a sith deals in aboslutes.
>>
>>63951059
Dude is a janitor that Phasma foolishly brought along to a village-massacring mission. Guy wasn't prepared to See Some Shit and grew a conscience.

Finn is a good character.
>>
>>63954114
The Starkiller base employs a fractional shield, presumably because the power draw needed for a constant shield on the scale of a star would be fucking insane. Being a fractional shield, it follows an active-inactive interval cycle, probably measured in nanoseconds or something.
So there's your explanation, but I'll admit
The whole thing is bull because it would require Han's reflexes to be faster than light, and nothing in the human nervous system travels anywhere NEAR that fast.
>>
>>63954180
>Don't be a sith, only a sith deals in aboslutes.
kek

But really, though, even in spite of everything you've said about brashness, Anakin is still able to hold his own against the more experienced, clear-headed Obi-Wan in RotS

Finn and Rey are not Obi-Wan, and Kylo obviously isn't as powerful as Anakin was. Even Rey, with her Force affinity, has no training, at least not any she can consciously recall, so I still say either of them being able to fight Kylo at all just neutralizes him as a villain
>>
>>63954256
the Starkiller isn't star-sized, though, it's planet-sized.

they even show the Death Star (smaller than an average moon) for comparison

>fractional shield

This is what people mean by comic book logic though, it's a writer's cop out they made up to justify suddenly being able to phase through this particular thing so they have an excuse for Han, Chewie and Finn to get onto the planet before everyone else.
>>
>>63954260
Anakin had a support network of training and guidance in the form of Obiwan and the constant attention the Jedi Council gave him. Kylo had a single master, and that master split his attention between possibly a dozen or more students. I think it's not outside the realm of possibility to say that Anakin was farther along in his training and mastery of the force than Kylo is.

Also to this day I maintain that Obiwan could've ended the fight in a second in RotS but couldn't bring himself to kill Anakin, even though I don't have any concrete evidence, so disregard that, I just wanted to bring it up.
>>
>>63953647
Yeah but Finn was a kid, he even says in the movie that he was taken as a kid, and that he had trained for a single purpose only, unlike 18 year old Americans joining the Marines that know what freedom is.
>>
>>63953742
I'd like to see you fight two monkeys as they tear your face off and pull you apart.
>>
>>63947297
>Strong independent woman
>evil
misogyny
>>
>>63953979
This is hilarious. You should probably watch the OT again you fucking simp. When does hyperdrive ever take time?

>>63954145
It's surprising it worked once. Remember how Leia wouldn't like it?
>>
Guys are over thinking it. Kylo will die that was confirmed as soon as he killed Han. Yes, he was conflicted before that but you don't get redeemed after murdering your own father. Thats why Luke deciding not to do it was literally the point when he defeated the darkness within him.

Episode 8 will show Kylo falling further into the darkness as he finishes his training. We'll get some i sight to his motivations and he'll get his Darth and yellow eyes. Meanwhile Rey will be on her way to becoming a Jedi Knight and be tempted by Kylo. Movie will end with someone dying not named Rey and her seduction up in the air.
>>
>>63954307
>This is what people mean by comic book logic though, it's a writer's cop out they made up to justify suddenly being able to phase through this particular thing so they have an excuse for Han, Chewie and Finn to get onto the planet before everyone else.
You mean like how the deathstar II's shield generator isn't on the deathstar and inside the shield itself just so han and leia have something to do?
Or how the first deathstar had a convenient weak point?
>>
The only things that bothered me were the fact that the ground split at the right time basically saying ok fight done.
The rehashed death star trench run.
The new trilogy death mark. Ergo (obi wan, qui gon, han)
The fact that after all the controversy over the cross guard saber it gets destroyed.
>>
>>63954444
They're both going to be dark side. The luke and leia shit is going to be the twist.
>>
>>63954180
Was very disappointed when I saw Kylo get defeated by Rey. Lets not forget that Kylo has not only trained under Snook (although his training isn't complete) but also under Skywalker. Kylo then leads his knights in defeating the new Jedi order, so how in the fuck does he get whooped to a girl that has just been introduced to the force, so fucking stupid. Goes from a badass villain to just fodder. Maybe after finishing the trilogy it will make sense, but as of now Kylo is nullified. Even if he finishes his training under Snook, a partially trained Rey will still handle him.
>>
>>63954307
The deathstar was moon-sized, not star-sized.

If it was star-sized, then it would be much, much bigger than the starkiller.
>>
>>63954404
E6
>>
>>63954404
> When does hyperdrive ever take time?
All the time for the last 40 years, starting in ANH?
>>
>>63954307
Star-sized, Planet-sized, either way, a constant shield around something so huge would be a huge power sink.

And these writer cop-outs happen all the time even in the original trilogy. The escape pod from the Tantive IV being let go was a cop-out, Yoda ceding to Sidious was a cop-out, the rebels not making copies upon copies upon copies ot eh death star plans. No one really paid these convenient writings much mind when they sing the praises of the original trilogy (or the demerits of the prequels).
>>
>>63951831
She was my favorite character until she lowered the shields

It made no sense given her previous characterization
>>
>>63954595
Apply your critical thinking skills for one second.

What Phasma did is not a blight upon her characterization, but a revelation. It means she is a hypocrite. She is not as much of a conformist as she expets her soldiers to be, and she values her own survival above all else.

Her going turncoat to save her skin isn't bad writing, it's good characterization.
>>
>It completely undermines Kylo's legitimacy as a threat.

Why do people keep saying this? It's like I'm back on /a/ and people are upset over Dragonball's inconsistent power levels.

I mean, did Luke ever once tell the rebels that the Stromtroopers are not a threat at all, because he's stood less than five feet away and they never once landed a shot? That this rebellion thing is in the bag cause the enemy really isn't a legitimate threat?

Kylo is fine. While the marketing and really the start of the moving made him seem like Vader 2.0, we know now that he is in fact just a Vader fanboy, and that was the point. He isn't supposed to be as intimidating as Vader, he's just a pale imitation.

Does it seem a little convinent that Rey was able to beat him? Yeah, it was convinent writing, but we're used to that in movies, and they didn't do it in a way that broke any of Star Wars' rules. Kylo was wounded and bleeding, he was emotionally unstable and not in control, and Rey put her Trust in The Force(tm) which Star Wars has long sinced established as the key to getting people out of bad situations.

Was the script being a bit too tidy, sure. Would it have perhaps been better if Rey just fought him to a stalemate, maybe. But people need to stop acting like this completely kills all future films.

Kylo could get more powerful. We know that Snoke said he needs more training. We also haven't seen the other Knights of Ren, and having a whole group of bad guys would certainly be challenging.

And even if Rey is a more powerful force user than Kylo, because script or genetics or destiny, Kylo still has the backing from the rest of the First Order. Let's not forget that hundreds of Jedi were killed by Order 66 simply because they were outnumbered by LOTS of clone troopers.
>>
>>63947297
No, there'll be major parallels drawn as both train simultaneously, Kylo under Snoke and Rey under Luke. They'll probably show Kylo occasionally get drawn to the Light, maybe showing how like Rey he is under the Dark Side auspices.

Also expect juxtaposition of Light and Dark sides directly, through Luke and Snoke.
>>
>>63954539
>>63954538
>not just one but two retards don't know how to give an example
>>
>>63954814
Tatooine to Alderaan fucking kid. Jesus christ quit being so dense. Even excluding that it would take more time to physically walk to his shuttle, lift off and then land on Mazs world than it took for him to get his damn squad there.
>>
>>63954814
You said "takes time" and it takes time for the rebel fleet to get to the second deathstar. It's not instantaneous
>>
>>63953742
the teddies were using gorilla warflair
>>
>>63951563

You may be right actually. If it was done well Rey and Kylo switching sides could be interesting too. It's not going to happen though.
>>
>>63954509
What Luke and Leia thing.
>>
>>63954921
>kid
>muh i'm so right you must be younger
fuck off

>Even excluding that it would take more time to physically walk to his shuttle, lift off and then land on Mazs world than it took for him to get his damn squad there.
See writing shit like this out is how I know it's not worth debating you. You're a fucking idiot that can't remember the movie and now you've already created this version in your mind filled with plot holes and errors. Go back to your EU where technology isn't allowed to change in 30 or even 4000 years.

I know what you want to hear.
Oh patrician, your taste is so above everyone else's. Please enlighten us on what real film is master!
>>
>>63954949
>It's not instantaneous
your autism is off the charts
>>
>>63955051
They're brother and sister!
>>
>>63955089
They literally are there for 10 or 15 minutes with no opportunity for large passing of time before they arrive. Nice ignoring the alderaan trip too.
>>
>>63955152
Oh you think they'll rehash the family plotline from 6? Yeah prolly, but they won't both fall to the dark side. Otherwise our protag would be Fin a>>63955152
nd the racists would shoot up cinemas everywhere.
>>
>>63947297
Kylo went full Dark side

>scene with Han and Ben
>they talk
>Starkiller finish draining the sun
>room goes dark
>Kylo kills Han
Its pottery
>>
>>63955634

Han stood in the light, Ben stood in the dark, this was the last time they spoke as friends.
>>
>>63947297
Are you retarded,really? There's is no way this will happen I mean jesus christ you must be dumb if you think they will do that
>>
>>63947297
Rey might turn dark. Her fighting in the forest reminded me a lot of Luke at the end of Jedi, when he beats down Vader. That's when he was closest to the dark side.

If she finds out about someone killing her real family and throwing a hissy fit, we'd even have some PT pottery.
>>
>>63954444
Rey's temptation will be whether or not to kill Ren to avenge Han.

Kylo Ren will not be redeemed. He is a spoiled bitch spaghetti dropping edgelord, so a lot of people actually see themselves in him. They don't want to be bad guys, though, so they keep insisting that he will become a hero instead of an hero.
>>
There will definitely be an epic twist
>>
if they planned on turning Kylo good they wouldn't have made him kill Han
maybe he'll redeem himself in the very end some potteryfic way mimicking Vader but he won't just switch sides
>>
>>63955954
Except even Yoda said that the only way for Luke to fully complete his training was to kill his father.

But what does he end up doing instead? He doesn't kill him, but convinces him to join the light side.

Kylo's going to be a reverse deconstruction of that. He killed his father, but the regret and anguish from it all will be too much for him, and it will slowly sway him to the light side. Calling it.
>>
>>63954059
i think they do that to try to trick plebs into thinking the quality is better than it actually is.
>>
>>63956152
>Except even Yoda said that the only way for Luke to fully complete his training was to kill his father

No he didn't.
>>
Fuck no, I want to see Kylo live up to Revan and use both sides to send half the resistance to kingdom come before they can realize wtf is going on.
>>
>>63948844

and the worst part
>it's the ship that made the kessel run in 12 parsecs
>doesn't explain it or even make a joke
[
>>
>>63948844
yeah these were bad, also LE CHESS MONSTER GAEM XD
the movie had enought decent jokes on its own, these were completely unnecessary memeing
>>
>>63947398
underaged post
>>
>>63955954
>>63955855
>>63955634
Why did he kill Han anyway? Why didn't he just blast him away with force like "fuck your shit im staying sith" fucking edgy bee-ech.
>>
>>63957296
because harrison ford fucking despises star wars and wanted to be done with it
>>
>>63957328
That explains his "acting" in TFA
>>
>>63954787
Kylo could get more powerful, but Rey is obviously already somehow more powerful, and has more room to improve considering she's had no training or knowledge of the force whatsoever.

If they were just going to leave Kylo wounded then have the ground split apart and end the battle at that, might as well either have Kylo defeat Rey then have the ground split apart after Kylo toys with her too long, or just kill Kylo right there.
>>
>>63954478
Neither of those violate previously established rules, though. One is a huge, overreaching government making an oversight (which is to be expected) and it's implied that the second Death Star only needs the external shield system because it's still under construction.

>>63954516
>being illiterate

>>63954542
I'll give you that on the escape pod, they should've thought that "hey, there might be droids with the plans in it" if there was no life signs detected.

But personal computers weren't a thing in the 70s. No one, not even the writers, would necessarily have thought of just "copying a file" the way we can think of it now. So an oversight like that is acceptable to me in the context of when it was written.
>>
I hope so. That would actually make things interesting.

But I don't see it. Rey will be the perfect woman forever, because muh CURRENT YEAR Disney agenda.
>>
>>63950536
this
>>
>>63954787
The problem is the implication of power levels at all. This is the same reason people hated midichlorians.

Employing the Force is supposed to be acquired skill that comes with discipline and practice, and not simply something you're born with. In the past, even the most powerful Force-wielders were shown to have needed practice to reach their full potential.

Whereas Rey just kind of has it activate whenever she needs it
>>
>>63949107
Everybody who responds to this point-by-point is redditor nerd scum.
>>
>>63957629
>and not simply something you're born with
The force is strong in my family
>>
>>63954787
The powerlevel fags are upset that Kylo isn't Accelerator. There's no way that Kylo could have maintained the concentration to deflect and/or paralyse anyone if he's just gotten shot in the shoulder, just had to kill his dad and is bleeding all over the place and is holding back.

People forget that using the Force actually requires concentration and furthermore Kylo is equipotential (could be a decent Jedi, could be a decent Sith but isn't optimised for any particular route.)
>>
Who fucking cares?

No really, who fucking cares?

Does this actually matter you?

Do you need to make a dozen threads about it every singIe fucking day from when the film was released?

Who fucking cares?
>>
>>63957629
>Employing the Force is supposed to be acquired skill that comes with discipline and practice, and not simply something you're born with. In the past, even the most powerful Force-wielders were shown to have needed practice to reach their full potential.

Vitiate, Revan and Meetra Surik says hi.

Especially Vitiate.

>>63957723
>People forget that using the Force actually requires concentration

Sheev was force lightning himself into a X-Men in EP3.

Yeah lets see how much you can keep your conentration when you even git shocked by a very tiny bit.
>>
>>63957688
>quotes Disney trailer to justify Disney revisionism

top retard
>>
>>63957762
>TFAfags say "lol fuck the EU stay mad nerd"
>TFAfags reference EU to justify Disney inconsistencies

pls
>>
>>63957731
what's wrong Quentin, are you mad no one cares about your Cucksghetti Western? :^)
>>
>>63957787

im not a TFA fag.

I enjoyed all movies but TOR era still shits on them

you can call me a TORfag ;^)
>>
>>63957762
>going his far off tangent.
Even if your point is valid firstly Kylo hasn't completed his training and secondly a wannabe Darth Vader who has never actually fought a legitimate opponent before other than massacring children (SW equivalent of a school shooting) known for wasteful force use (see freezing the blaster bolt when it could have simply been deflected) can - as a talentless hack - be in any way shape or form be comparable to Sheev in discipline and ability you are vastly mistaken.
>>
>>63957836
as long as you're a KOTORfag and not an MMOfag it's okay

KOTOR a best
>>
>>63957965
>be in any way shape or form be comparable to Sheev in discipline and ability you are vastly mistaken.

Sheev wasnt stopping blaster bolts mid-air or throwing people around or even freezing them totally.

Just pointing it out.
His force lightning is also very far from deadly.

So far based on abilities shown, Kylo is strongest in the force or at least the best force user despite being the little bitch he is.
>>
>>63958122
>His force lightning is also very far from deadly.
yeah because he was using it to torture luke, not kill him.

him shooting lightning from his fingertips was never meant to be a fucking dragon ball z fighting technique. it was just him fucking with luke using the force since he knew he could instantly murder him if he wanted to.

EU and prequels fucked everything up by making it a sith superpower and calling it "force lightning"
>>
>>63950177
The strength of her swings were a little dark side-ish to me. It kind of took me out of the film desu. The PT and OT alike emphasized that aggression is the path to the dark side, which Rey showed a lot of in the final battle.
>>
>>63958465

>he was just playing around guys!
>he is totally legit strong!
>trust me guize!
>despite never being shown to be able to do it!
>but trust me guuuys!

nah
>>
>>63958502
He won a 4 on 1 vs trained jedi. Kylo couldnt even win a 1 on 1 vs schmucks
>>
>>63958502
a powerful sith lord being undone by a crippled cyborg was intentional

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns9P8bhIhnA

i guess you don't even watch the movies you argue about
>>
ren will become good definetely.
i dont give a fuck about rey she'll probably end up shooting lighting out of her vagina to show that women also have dicks
>>
>>63958560
> ren will become good definitely

After killing Han? Not even the slightest chance
>>
>>63953529
The fight between Finn and Ren was so crisp and on-point. There was actual back and forth between them like it was a proper fight. Between Rey and Ren it just felt so scripted.
"Okay, Ren is attacking Rey for a good solid minute, just defend Rey dont fight back. Then, hold your swords together, Ren, say some bullshit, Rey, say some bullshit, close your eyes and dramatically open them. Now Rey attacks Ren until she injures him then a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge chasm appears like pchkow boom and the two are separated.'
>>
>>63958593
Leia is going to shoot him with the power of love and regret and he switches sides.
>you killed hans olo
>i believe theres still good in you
>ok mom im sorry
>>
>>63958593
Vader rekt hundreds of Jedi and his wife, but was turned back to the light.
>>
>>63958542
>He won a 4 on 1 vs trained jedi
>trained jedi

2 of them didnt even do shit just stood there

epic
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.