[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could a youngling beat Kylo Ren?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 250px-Younglings-1-.jpg (55 KB, 960x408) Image search: [Google]
250px-Younglings-1-.jpg
55 KB, 960x408
Could a youngling beat Kylo Ren?
>>
Maybe. They were probably better trained and more emotionally in control.
>>
>>63946977
whats with the down syndrome dunce hats
>>
>>63948762
So they don't fucking scalp themselves with their happy meal lightsabers
>>
>>63946977
They'd probably have more combat training anyways.

Who the fuck had Kylo Ren fought in a duel since he massacred the academy?

Stormtroopers?

Kylo Ren basically became weak because he had no one to fight at all.
>>
File: traitor trooper 2.gif (1 MB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
traitor trooper 2.gif
1 MB, 500x209
>>63946977
All the youglings in the galaxy

vs.

TR-8R

who wins?
>>
>>63948795
those little fuckers had actual working lightsabers?
>>
Here's my issue with everyone poo poo-ing Rey's rapid mastery of the Force...

It's clear that Rey is a Force user with Anakin Skywalker-level power. She's not a random youngling or rank-and-file Jedi knight. She's clearly going to be some insanely important focal point of Force power.

Are her feats really that incredible if we compare them to what Anakin did when he was half her age? He won a fucking 600 mph race through the desert as a ten-year-old. He could do mental feats like correctly guessing what Mace had on his little iPad display in the Temple. Even Qui-Gon himself said little Anakin could "see things before they happen".

Is it that much of a stretch that Rey could beat a wounded Vader wannabe in a saber fight? I dunno, anon. I buy it.

But it has to become evident in 8 and 9 that the girl is special. She has to be a once-in-a-generation vessel of the Force. I think many of the complaints about TFA will be silenced after we see 8 and 9.
>>
>>63946977
requesting traitor webm with sound
>>
File: paruru glasses.gif (1 MB, 250x300) Image search: [Google]
paruru glasses.gif
1 MB, 250x300
>>63946977

In the star wars universe, is ok for alien species to date humans?
>>
>>63948942
the issue is that she went against a trained force user and kicked his ass.
>>
>>63946977

>no non-whties
>no females

damn, the prequels were pretty sexist and racist. in starwars there are no asians.
>>
>>63948988
the question isnt if its okay, but if its possible.
>>
File: Star-Wars-AOTC-Younglings.jpg (52 KB, 700x298) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-AOTC-Younglings.jpg
52 KB, 700x298
>>63948909
>>
>>63949021
I agree that it's dumb

on the other hand, Kylo is consistently shown to be an impulsive, turbulent personality. To me, that really seems to be the thing that makes the most sense to explain why he'd lose: because he handles loss and defeat poorly, because he's erratic in times of stress, he's easier to beat in a calm status. So when he has to go up against someone who could possibly a force wunderkind, he starts losing, and loses his composure, and things just devolve from there.
It's a valid explanation, and it's coherent with indications of the teachings of jedi: calm, composed fighters beating turbulent, unstable fighters. It just isn't something that they probably ever thought of.
>>
>>63949167
That seems ungodly unsafe
>>
>>63949167
thanks A-63949167, but by working lightsabers I mean ones that can cut, and not just future toys R us versions.
>>
>>63949167
how did they not chop each other in half?
>>
>>63948909
If you genuinely did not know this, I envy you for not having been subjected to that movie.
>>
I wonder if Kylo ren is going to murder some babies
>>
>>63949167
So lucas ripped this directly from ANH, where Obi Wan has created a testing kit for luke out of some random droid thing that was lying around in the falcon. Why couldnt he come up with one single original idea. Fuck me
>>
>>63949254
there jedis duh
>>
>>63948869
based TR-8R always wins
>>
>>63946977

2nd from the right is holding the active end of his lightsaber right against his chest, and 3rd from the right is eye-fucking B-camera.
>>
>>63949269
episode 8 flashbacks of pimple teen ben bring a laser smg to jedi school and shooting up all his bullies and sluts who refused him, like luke's wife and 4 year old daugher
>>
>>63949219

training lightsabers can't kill you
>>
>>63949318
against a monkey trying to use a lightsaber? Of coursh. (pardon the racist slur)
>>
>>63946977
im sorry but lizard mcgoo back there is not a fucking kid

thats an old man
>>
>>63949167
>that huge dried blood splatter on the back wall
The academy is not without accidents
>>
>>63949417
They needed to fill their youngling jedi diversity quota. #Greenlivesmatter
>>
>>63949277
>random droid thing
when was it established it was random shit in the falcon?
>>
>>63948942
The in-universe explanation for her being super powerful and competent makes sense, it just doesn't make for an interesting character.

It was fun following Luke's journey to become a strong jedi. He had to run away from Vader for the first movie, got his ass kicked by Vader in the second movie, and finally got to bring the hammer down on him during the last battle.

Anakin was a Mary-Sue in some ways in the prequels; expert pilot, big amount of midichlorians, and knows a lot about machines. However, he's a hot head who slaughters villages and runs into battle without thinking so there are a lot of character flaws.

Rey is an expert fighter, pilot, force user who is kind, courageous, and is a quick learner. She has that weird "I have to go back to Jakku arc" but that is pretty much solved. Maybe she will have more development in the next movie, but as she is now, she's a pretty boring character.
>>
No but I'm sure Kylo Ren would beat off a youngling
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.