[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apparently Lucas wrote a treatment for episodes 7 8 and 9 that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: lucas.jpg (3 KB, 77x116) Image search: [Google]
lucas.jpg
3 KB, 77x116
Apparently Lucas wrote a treatment for episodes 7 8 and 9 that Disney rejected. Does anyone know possibly what they could have been about?
>>
>>63946082
darth jar jar
>>
I think he said he wanted old characters to take a step back and let the new ones shine, or maybe it was the other way around. Disney did the opposite
>>
>>63946082
LOL he had over 30 years to do what the fuck ever he wanted, and he chooses to come up with ideas AFTER he sold the whole thing?

what a bumbling idiot
>>
Younglings
>>
Apparently he wanted the film to star children
>>
13 hours of the bickering and transcribing of the new galactic treaty of versailles
>>
>>63946082
more trade negotiations and tariff disputes
>>
>>63946307
I want to believe.
>>
A series of short stories told by the patrons of Dexter Jettster's diner.
>>
>>63946972
He never intended to make episode 7.
>>
They were possibly about Star Wars.
>>
>>63948796
but probably not
>>
>>63946082
my understanding is that six was originally just going to be getting Han back from Jabba. Seven was going to involve Luke's sister (then a separate character from Leia) no idea about eight and nine was battle of Endor moved to Corescant (then called Had Abbadon)

Long story short Lucas had no plans to continue the series after the death of the emperor.
>>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527336/

But anon, he's writing the treatments for episodes 8 and 9.
>>
I heard a rumor that it was essentially American Graffiti in space -- teenagers growing up in the shadow of the prior generation, struggling to define themselves, taking joyrides in spaceships instead of hot rods. That sort of thing. No idea how reliable the source is, but the guy who leaked it supposedly works in the film industry.
>>
He wanted more Sheev.
>>
>>63948882
yes but I think OP meant Lucas came to Disney and JJ with an outline after they bought it
>>
>>63946082

GOONGANS
>>
File: 1450654665661.jpg (20 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
1450654665661.jpg
20 KB, 600x449
>>63946082
I really irritates me you used such tiny picture to start this thread. I can't focus on anything else.
>>
>>63948889
Imagine if he turned the Daze and Confused script into Episode 7?
>>
>>63948773
He never intended to make 1, 2, 3 either, at first.
>>
Episodes 7 - 9 were originally planned to be made right after the original trilogy on the 80s and would be about Luke searching for his sister (the "another" mentioned by Yoda) so he could find another Force-sensitive and re-establish the Jedi in the new republic.

After the troubled production of Empire, Lucas decided to drop this idea and end the series with Jedi, hastily retconning it at the last minute that Leia was actually Luke's sister (hence their kiss and the contrived nature of the relationship etc.).

I believe Mark Hamill once said in an interview that during the filming of one of the movies (possibly ANH), Lucas approached him with ideas for episodes all the way up until Episode 12 or 15, by which Luke would be an Obi-wan-like Jedi Master passing the torch on to the next generation, or possibly dead.

I genuinely believe Lucas did in fact have a grand overarching plan for the entire series from its inception, even covering material beyond what we ever got to see. He was just constantly revising it throughout his entire life, to the extent that once we saw the Republic era in the prequels, there were many contradictions with his previous ideas. This is a commonality among creative people and their imagined worlds (see also: J.R.R. Tolkien and The Silmarillion).
>>
>>63949048
Luke's sister was supposed to be named Nellith btw, which is easily verified by google. I wish I had sauces for all this shit also but it mostly comprises hearsay I've heard around the web that might not be true. You'll just have to take it with a grain of salt, sorry.
>>
>>63949048
>I genuinely believe Lucas did in fact have a grand overarching plan for the entire series from its inception
I don't believe that for a second.
>>
>>63949118
succ me then
>>
>>63949048
>see also: J.R.R. Tolkien and The Silmarillion
Except the Silmarillion was good and actually made sense
>>
>>63949048

Except Tolkeins very very few inconsistencies are a result of him striving for perfection and more closely incorporating mytholgy into his works. And Lucas was lazy and cashed in.
>>
>>63949118
Then you might want to check out the first rough draft of Star Wars '77. It is very similar to The Phantom Menace, including two Jedi on a mission protecting a monarch, proto-Naboo, a character named Anakin, and a lightsaber duel with a Sith lord at the end.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Star_Wars:_Rough_Draft

It is clear to me that these ideas stayed with George and slowly developed into the prequels over the course of time, as revisions to the draft of A New Hope turned it into a completely different story. Along with the very basic story elements like the Clone Wars, the existence of a Jedi-run Republic, and the rise of Darth Vader which are all referenced in A New Hope, it seems that George was hard at work imagining some basic framework for the prequels even back in '77, and logically, imagining a story beyond the original trilogy as creative people are wont to do. He was just constantly changing his mind, revising the story and introducing new plot twists which, for better or for worse, invalidated his old ideas, well into the production of the prequels which are unfortunately ridden with contradictions.

>>63949118
Not me btw
>>
>>63949383
That doesn't mean he had a long plan other than "more movies". Darth Vader is called Darth as a first name, Luke was not Vader's son and Leia was not his sister
>>
>>63949383
It's like George had more ideas than sense, and still decided to go it alone, to the detriment of the series.
It's kind of a sad thing to see.
>>
>>63948773
He did early on:

http://movieweb.com/mark-hamill-talks-star-wars-7-8-and-9/

>“He talked about doing a VII, VIII, IX,” Hamill began. “You know when I first did this, it was four trilogies. 12 movies! And out on the desert, any time between setups… lots of free time. And George was talking about this whole thing. I said, ‘Why are you starting with IV, V and VI? It’s crazy.’ [Imitating Lucas grumble,] ‘It’s the most commercial section of the movie.’ He said the first trilogy’s darker, more serious. And the impression I got, he said, ‘Um, how’d you like to be in Episode IX?’ This is 1976. ‘When is that going to be?’ ‘2011.’ I defy anyone to add 36 years to their lives and not be stunned. Even an eight year old is like, ‘No, I’ll never be 47.’ So I did the math and figured out how old I’d be. I said, ‘Well, what do you want me to do?’ He said, ‘You’ll just be like a cameo. You’ll be like Obi Wan handing the lightsaber down to the next new hope.’ And I’m thinking, ‘I love the guy. If he wanted me to do light yard work at his house, I’d be out clipping the hedges.’ So I went, ‘Sure.’ But I thought he just realized that he’s going to be doing it the rest of his life and he’d rather not do that.”
>>
>"It's the most commercial section of the movie."
>prequel apologists will still deny that Lucas loved money as much as his universe
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.