[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can stop laser beams when it was always one of the biggest arguments
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 75675.png (293 KB, 1037x323) Image search: [Google]
75675.png
293 KB, 1037x323
can stop laser beams when it was always one of the biggest arguments for "why aren't they just using normal guns?" that sith and jedi could easily stop bullets with the force but not laser beams when they now can easily stop them with the force AND deflect them with their swords.

so, why no regular bullets? bad writing? ok.
>>
why is the new boss some weird alien race when it was always implied that the empire is racist with not one weird alien even among the storm troopers? it's even more ridiclous considering they're going for some blatant nazi vibes with this movie.
>>
>>63945758

>want to wipe out other alien races that piss you off
>get a bunch of humans to do it for you
>>
why does he adore vader? anakins reason for becoming a sith have nothing to do with him and there is no doubt luke told him vader becamse "good" at the end. unless the writing is really, really bad which i actually doubt.
>>
>>63945809
>jews
>usa
>>
Is this retarded Jew really planning to never use the word Sith in all three movies?

How can a organisation that is the opposite of the Jedi not have a name? Why would they avoid giving them a name? It doesn't matter how much you detest the prequels, it's borderline retardation to not just call them Sith just to cater to some autists.
>>
>>63945714
I'm not sure what your argument is. It's an incredibly technologically advanced society, and they have plasma weapons. Why WOULD they use guns that shoot little lumps of lead, when a hand weapon can shoot a blast of super hot plasma that leaves a smoking hole in someone's chest, usually killing them instantly?
>>
>Star Wars: The force involves training, requires an instructor, and takes time to develop.
>Marvel: The force is a super power that manifests in response to some traumatic event and transforms you in a dramatic instant--just when you really need it.
>>
>>63946062
Maybe because bullets are a lot faster and basically invisible? We now know that blasters are basically completely useless against force users.
>>
>>63945963
They said "Sith" when Maz was talking about the past of the Dark Side. The Sith died with Vader and Sheev.
>>
>>63945714

regular bullets don't look cool enough,

Fuck you
>>
>>63946201
First this, second you couldn't deflect them with a sword which again looks cool.

So yeah, it's shit writing. But for a purpose.
>>
File: 1449626556075.gif (901 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
1449626556075.gif
901 KB, 500x285
>>63945714
Last I checked the only ones who still use regular bullets are the sand people
>>
Vader stops blaster bolts with his hands in ESB...
>>
>>63946166
Maybe bulletproofing technology is hundreds of years old or more. You know, seeing as it's an incredibly tech logically advanced society and we already have decent bulletproof armor. I still don't see a compelling argument why they SHOULD use bullets. We've never seen a bullet kill a Jedi, so there's no reason to assume that's an advantage, nor have we ever actually seen anyone dodge a blaster shot without a lightsaber, so speed doesn't seem to be an issue.
>>
>>63946166
>We now know that blasters are basically completely useless against force users.

Why, because one Force user temporarily stopped one blaster shot? You're extrapolating from that one 15 second sequence that "all blasters" are "completely useless" against force users? Don't you think you're being a retard?
>>
>>63945837
>unless the writing is really, really bad which i actually doubt.
Got news for you...
>>
>>63946235
>second you couldn't deflect them with a sword
It's an imaginary laser sword wielded by a person in tune with a cosmic force of the universe. I have no doubt that it could block a bullet. Bullets must be so archaic that no one except for Sand People would even think of using them.
>>
>>63945714
how do you know they never discovered projectiles in the form of physical bullets?
>>
>>63946613
Because reasons, right? Everything we've seen in the 7 movies says bullets would be more deadly.
>>
i was going to take a picture of this at the cinema box when it happened so i could come shit post about how garbage it was here but then some guy told me "put yer fucking phone away or i'll take it" and i got scared
i'm pretty sure he was younger than me too
>>
>>63946841
I guess you've run out of actual arguments then.
>>
I doubt that anime actually cares about this topic, and it's just something to nitpick for fun, but if you do,
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Slugthrower/Legends
Here. Everything and anything you could possibly want to know about the advantages, disadvantages, phasing-out and continued niche use of projectile weapons.
>>
>>63945714
1. Vader did the exact same thing with multiple shots from Solo on cloud city

2. How many Jedi and Sith are in this universe? With the prevalence of personal blaster shields and war robots, there is little to no reason to use antique tech to fight.
>>
>>63946464
When I was a kid, I thought stormtrooper armor was at least bulletproof, if not blaster-proof. But then fucking Ewoks used arrows and rocks to kill them
>>
>>63947289
no, he did not do the "same" thing
>>
>>63945714
There's still no proof ben can stop the generic laser blasts, so far only this heavier type that mexican token was slowly shooting with.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.