[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dumb board shit film kill yourselves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
>TFA Release
>/tv/ universally hates it
>RLM proclaim it is good
>Half of /tv/ now defends it
>The other half now claims the prequels were great and they want George back

How can one board be so vapid and easily influenced? You want to be contrarians but you don't even know what to be contrary to now.
>>
>>63944375
Did you not know that this board sucked until now?
>>
>>63944375

I was here before the RLM review got released and most of the board seemed to like it.
>>
>/tv/ was full of hate against a person of color
>Now /tv/ is full of hate against a woman
>/tv/ loves Poe

Why does /tv/ defend stale pale males?
>>
>>63944375
>>RLM proclaim it is good

Who? I don't come to /tv/ i just dropped by to shit talk star wars.
>>
>>63944551
Reddit Leddit Media
>>
File: Washington.jpg (187 KB, 956x736) Image search: [Google]
Washington.jpg
187 KB, 956x736
>yfw you saw Admiral Ackbar
>>
>>63944375
this board is full of children masquerading as film patricians.

its pretty bad honestly. even Reddit has better film discussion .

only reason I sometimes come here is for the memes
>>
>>63944375
/tv/ is still contrarian as fuck.

The Force Awakens was easily the best movie released this year, and critics agree. Everyone here is just a jaded faggot
>>
>>63944643
>using /tv/ for anything but memes
>>
>>63944737
>The Force Awakens was easily the best movie released this year
>>
>>63944643
>>63944761
>look ma i'm being part of the problem
>>
>>63944375
How is it possible modern ackbar looks worse than ackbar from 40 years ago?
>>
File: 18708708722.jpg (16 KB, 488x305) Image search: [Google]
18708708722.jpg
16 KB, 488x305
>>63944375
>/tv/ universally hates it
>>
>>63944534
Yup, the opinion changed when it released in America, fuck RLM revisionists
>>
/tv/ is /v/-tier at this point.
>>
>>63944965
This about sums it up
>>
Star Wars posting is more legal than cunny posting
>>
>>63944737
Holy shit, I thought the movie was decent fun but to say the film is anything more than enjoyable schlock... you'd have to be an idiot or just kidding yourself. The good reviews are just the manifestation of elation people felt when it wasn't worse than the Phantom Menace.
>>
>>63944534
this is factually incorrect though

why do redditors who've been here for 3 days think they can speak for the entire board?
>>
>>63945149
Kylo Ren is easily the best-written character in the entire Star Wars saga. Far more depth than anything GL could hope to write, and Driver's performance was top-notch. Focusing on the overarching plot, which was admittedly mostly copied from ANH, is missing the entire movie. It was a masterpiece of character exposition.
>>
>>63945302
>Kylo Ren is easily the best-written character in the entire Star Wars saga

Edgelord Vader wannabe who hates his stinky head parents and is weak and has temper tantrums? Gee I wonder why /tv/ can relate to him so much...
>>
>>/tv/ universally hates it

This literally never happened though. Maybe you mistook Reddit for /tv/ since you spend so much time over there.
>>
>>63945423
It's like you really don't put any thought into anything you watch, and completely lack empathy. Typical of the cynical cunts who shit-talk movies on this board.
>>
>>63945423
just like my animes
>>
>>63945423
lmao it's funny cos it's true, /tv/ is fucking pathetic
>>
Is anyone ITT making or in possession of webms from the movie
>>
>>63945302
his timing was wrong. he should've been wimpy and gotten beaten about 1/2 through, then for last half he becomes badass and an ACTUAL villain (read: intimidating)
>>
I can't speak for everyone else but I ignored every thread about SW for the last year (also every thread about DC and Marvel) because you guys 1. watch trailers and 2. spoil everything.

So after actually watching the movie on Thursday I liked it.

Also RLM is garbage as is every other /v/ and /tv/ youtuber celebrity.
>>
>>63945542
his power level will likely increase in the other films
>>
>>63945598
does liking it mean it deserves to be called better than episode 6, a masterpiece, a must-see, and leagues better than the prequels? because it wasn't any better than episode III, and thats what redditors like you are saying
>>
>>63945713

>episode 6
>a masterpiece
>ewoks checking 60% of all screen time
>a masterpiece

You must've meant episode 5. Aka the only real good star wars movie
>>
>>63945666
which is why my point is that the timing was wrong. the film lacked an intimidating villain, and the protag was overpowered, so THIS FILM (which is all that can be discussed; no imaginary future films which dont exist yet) had the vibe of a childrens movie
>>
>>63945517
And yet here you are, fitting in perfectly.
>>
>>63944965
>at this point

That happened in 2010.

Keep up.
>>
>>63945790
you interpreted the sentence wrong. the commas were making a list

does that make TFA
-better than 6
-a masterpiece
-etc
>>
>>63945810
This desu senpai
>>
>>63945713
>redditors like you
>hivemind shit

Stop memeing.

Anyway, I think it's better than the prequels from memory but if I were to rewatch ep II and III I might change that opinion because it's been roughly over a decade since I've seen them.

It definitely blows the fuck out of Ep1 and is right behind RotJ as it stands now.
>>
>>63944375
It's still pretty much hated.
And RLM that became even more despised.
>>
>>63945302

ren was by far the best thing about this film, along with the world building on jakku.

the rest is insanely disappointing to anyone who wanted more than a disneyfied cash in.
>>
RLM made the video right after they saw the film.

i thought it was pretty decent after i saw it.

took a while for the disappointment to settle in.
>>
>>63944534
This. OP is wrong, the change happened WHEN the RLM review got released.
>>
>>63945943
it's guardians of the galaxy with a rehash of ANH's story. of course it'd be called a good movie by plebeians like you, since you don't care about anything other than the kind of superficial moviegoing experience provided to you by disney ala the recent mass produced capeshit fad
>>
It was garbage on Wednesday, it was garbage on friday, it was garbage yesterday when they released this video and its still garbage today
>>
>>63944375
It's almost as if all of /tv/ is shitposting
>>
>>63944375
>>The other half now claims the prequels were great and they want George back

I call this "the Zelda effect."

People who hate on thing, but when the next one comes out, they start liking the previous thing more than they did before.
>>
>>63946198
Alright.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.