[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that hating the prequels is a meme opinion, and if you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 14
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 384x384
Reminder that hating the prequels is a meme opinion, and if you hate them it's only because you rely on redlettermedia to tell you what opinions you should have because you can't formulate your own opinion and just want to follow the majority.
>>
>>63942890
>Only people who watch RLM hate the prequels
>Hating the prequels is the majority opinion

Fool, RLM are virtually unknown. At least make your bait internally consistent. (But I guess internal consistency isn't important to JarJar babbies.)
>>
>>63943156
to be honest i never heard anyone irl who hated the prequels until I met this faggot movie nerd who went on and on about the RLM videos. To this day he is the only one I know who whines about them, constantly quoting shit from those videos
>>
Reminder that if you unironically like the prequels you are most likely a stupid millenial faggot who is blinded by nostalgia
>>
yeah, NOBODY hated the prequels until some unknown faggots made a movie telling them to
>>
>>63942890
I hate these motherfuckers
>>
They aren't as bad as people make out that's for sure.
>>
>>63943205
bc you most likely weren't even 10 when the prequels were out and you spent your entire life by blind nostalgia cause you were a dumb kid when you saw it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4TX6x2WLgk
>>
>>63943291
is this the hot new meme opinion, fresh off reddit?
>>
>>63943367
no it's the patrician opinion

the normie/reddit opinion is the prequels suck because someone else told them so
>>
>>63943477
yeah, no

those movies are trash. Star Wars at it's peak isn't even a patrician movie, so I don't even know what that makes the inferior ones
>>
>>63942890

That's like saying someone is only an atheist because they rely on Dawkins and can't formulate your own opinion.

How about we ignore the rhetorical attacks on the source and actually address the arguments presented, m'kay?
>>
>>63943291
Well let's see.

The Phantom Menace is a mediocre film and a terrible Star Wars film.

Attack of the Clones is a terrible film and a terrible Star Wars film.

Revenge of the Sith is a mediocre film and an okay Star Wars film.
>>
They may not be good, but you need to take brian medicine if you honestly think they are as bad as:

Transformers sequels
Iron Man 3 (inb4 cuz the mandarin, literally don't even read the comics)
Godzilla 1998
Cloverfield
Pearl Harbor
Terminator 3
>>
>nobody hated the prequel before 2009
This is bait right
You're not this young right
>>
>>63943655
only movies i've seen from that list are iron man 3 and terminator 3 and both of them are fucking miles better than eps 1 and 2. ep 3 only beats terminator 3
>>
>>63943728
>John Conner is the worst casted thing ever, yes worse than anakin by country miles
>ruining Arnold and giving him his worst one lines
>TV movie levels of quality
>Claire Danes
>female terminator worse than liquid one

I really can't see how this is better than any prequel
>>
everyone knows this though except redditors, why make a thread about it?
>>
>>63942890

spot on. reminder that if you hate the prequels you are literally reddit: the person
>>
>>63943655
The SW prequels are better than literally any marvel capeshit crap.
>>
>>63943566
see >>63943477
its like you literally cant read
>>
>>63943156
>Fool, RLM are virtually unknown.
>every part of the Star Wars reviews is over a million views, phantom menace part one being over 6 million
Shut up faggot
>>
>>63943922
Come on, Raimis first two Spider-Man's were pretty good
>>
>>63943812
Not him but from what I remember T3 had a cohesive story that wasn't full of holes. That's why I would rate it above the prequel, perhaps not above ROTS since that movie was pretty unintentionally funny and entertaining.
>>
>>63943929
you mean see the post that I was replying to?
>>
>>63942890
Reminder that any thread with "reminder" in the title is 95% likely to be a shitpost. 100% if it's a "Daily reminder." Adding "reminder" to your filter list will make you a happier person.
>>
>>63943963
I agree, I was referring to the new marvel cinematic mcu or whatever the fuck it's called
>>
>>63943948
I think he means to normal average people who aren't us
>>
>>63943963
Spiderman is Sony
>>
File: 123235346.png (411 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
123235346.png
411 KB, 800x600
>Phantom Menace sucked more!
>Attack of the Clones sucked more!

Prequel hate was rampant long before Redlettermedia.
>>
>>63944015
Normal average people don't hate the prequels as much as reddit autists do.
>>
>>63944075
Which sucks more though?
1 has pod racing and 2 has pew pew star wars
>>
People who like the prequels are idiots.

People who dislike the prequels are losers.

Pick your poison.
>>
File: 143178971580.jpg (5 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
143178971580.jpg
5 KB, 150x150
Hating the prequels is the most reddit thing you can do
>>
>>63944129
1 was more disappointing at the time, but 2 is objectively a worse movie
>>
>>63944183
>understanding movies means you are reddit
i guess that makes sense since this board doesn't know fuck-all about movies.
>>
Okay so ignore any opinions RLM has because a majority of people like it. Here is an idea how about you just judge for yourself regardless of who is doing the review and how popular it is.
>>
>>63944129
1 might be a better film, but I prefer 2 personally.

The cantina scene was great.
>>
>>63943974
The holes that I remember, and big inconsistencies

>john conner and the resistance having an American flag when america as a union would've been obliterated by the skynet attack
>the new terminator being less capable in a fight than the t1000
>the message of the last film thrown out the window just to justify this shit film

Admitably, not as many holes, but a shit script with shit dialogue (shitter than the prequels, is a bigger sin
>>
>>63943615
>The Phantom Menace is a mediocre film and a terrible Star Wars film.
It's the most Star Wars-ey of the prequels imo, feels the most similar to the OT it's really not bad but definitely the most flawed of the three and things like little kid Anakin, Jar-Jar and dated cgi does make it unwatchable for some.
>Attack of the Clones is a terrible film and a terrible Star Wars film.
AOTC gets the most undue hate of all the prequel films it's completely solid and has more character growth than any of the other movies do people just hate on it because of the romance plot?
>Revenge of the Sith is a mediocre film and an okay Star Wars film.
It gave people basically everything they wanted and made up for alot of the stuff everyone hated about the previous films, SW really does have the shittiest most entitled fanbase there is.
>>
>>63944147
They aren't good MOVIES but they definitely have some good original universe building content.
>>
File: ColoClawFish[1].jpg (74 KB, 1088x496) Image search: [Google]
ColoClawFish[1].jpg
74 KB, 1088x496
NEW VIDEO IS UP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ewLfZEz-Zo
>>
vxcvvcxcvcvbh,kki;l
>>
>>63944255
I would need to rewatch the movie, which I really don't want to do, to see if the dialogue was really that bad because I don't remember it being quite prequel-tier.
>>
File: Harristein Ford.jpg (50 KB, 1282x691) Image search: [Google]
Harristein Ford.jpg
50 KB, 1282x691
>>63942890
Reminder that anyone who believes this is a underage faggot who doesn't remember what the reaction was when the movies came out. We were angry about the Phantom Menace back in 1999 too.
>>
File: 1250326294502.jpg (29 KB, 853x360) Image search: [Google]
1250326294502.jpg
29 KB, 853x360
>>63943929
>it's like you literally can't read
>>
>>63944286
Jesus Christ, I want to bully that guy.
>>
File: 143108915790.png (439 KB, 910x898) Image search: [Google]
143108915790.png
439 KB, 910x898
>>63944209
if you don't like it why don't you go back to reddit?
>>
>people saying the prequels are not referenced at all in TFA
>some are fool enough to say they are no longer canon
>mentions of a clone army
>Ewan McGregor had a line during Rey's visions
>Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan had more dialogue in this movie than Luke Skywalker himself
>>
>>63944324
I wouldn't recommend it just because how bad it is, but for the sale of comparison than maybe, it's really the acting of the leads that bring it down a lot, especially Nick stahl, and the feel of the production and filming. Also Arnold's writing isn't good at all
>>
Here is a short clip for all you underages who think RLM started the hate train. Watch the full movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxbPybTg08E
>>
Literally everybody hated the prequels until a bunch of idiot children who thought they had the right to express their malformed garbage opinions on the internet got old enough to browse 4chan

for 10 years the staunchest defense of the prequels I'd ever heard was "of course they sucked dick the entire franchise is trash"
>>
>>63943983
>proving my point
yikes
>>
>>63944479
>God should be ashamed he never created something like this

Where is this man today?
>>
>>63944523
yowza wowza bobowza!
>>
>>63944536
He killed himself
>>
File: Sunset.jpg (215 KB, 585x392) Image search: [Google]
Sunset.jpg
215 KB, 585x392
>>63944479
>that moment when everyone laughed off the very idea that it could possibly suck

oh man

I didn't need these feels
I didn't want to remember tonight
>>
>>63942890
You have to be autistic to think they are good
The dialogue is just so bad, a literal child could do better. You have to be a fucking manchild to enjoy these films, because there is literally nothing good about them. There's never any tension, you never feel any emotion, the cinematography is horrendously lazy. Blatant cash grabs for toys.
>>
Plinkett just repeated the same points people were saying on the internet since fucking 1999 faggot

he just made gathered those points and made it into an entertaining product
>>
>>63944479
literally the YA of film

how come nobody reads anymore?
>>
Yeah I was 19 when the Phantom menace came out, and we all hated it. And the next one. And disliked the third one.
Way before rlm actually did a good job v explaining why they're horrible
>>
>>63944479
Idk what's worse:

The fan reactions for how hyped and "life changing" the film may be or the middle aged adults so butthurt about a movie
>>
>>63944479

no one thinks RLM started it you faggot, it was just the culmination of it becoming the ultimate normie meme that hating the prequels is today, ask someone why they dislike the prequels and they will probably link to it and will absolutely not be able to give an original thought of their own
>>
>>63944825
Have you ever met with crushing disappointment anon? It changes you as a person.
>>
>>63944851
uh no

did you even WATCH the youtube?
>>
File: 1450669402143.png (3 MB, 1536x2012) Image search: [Google]
1450669402143.png
3 MB, 1536x2012
Why is most all media propaganda now you ask?

Post-modern elites (aka cultural marxists and their "useful idiots" the SJWs) have an agenda that isn't simply to mix races or eliminate a race. Their point is to disrupt social cohesion and any form of hierarchical or traditional social structure that could supersede government's authority. Whether it be marriage, the nuclear family, religion, cultural identity (usually identified by race or nationality), etc. any that can compete or overrule the state and pulls away control of the people, must be destroyed to further grow its power and influence. There are different methods of doing this but takes a lot of time to study and explain the impact of several race/class based policies. If you ever watch Thomas Sowell you'll know he explains some of it.

Yes, different races /could/ get along together in a society but that is not what we see. Why is that? Well, aside from racial determinism, we see special interest groups promoting the idea of victimized or disenfranchised minorities. A natural growth between different groups are impeded and instead forced artificial interaction disrupts the norm. This is generally done for political advantages and a moral high-ground. This causes enmity between races or classes while providing a platform for these manipulators, through the old rhetoric of egalitarianism, to create programs that benefit themselves in the guise of "doing good" for the minority or downtrodden.

While, some people are indeed well meaning most of them aren't able to either recognize or cope with the fact that the ideas they push for are unsuccessful and even destructive (welfare, minimum wage, affirmative action etc.). Furthermore these people are continuously fed more rhetoric by the "elite" groups (businesspersons e.g. bankers, cartels, politicians and community leaders e.g. Jesse Jackson, BLM, Green Party) to continue pushing for these policies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vT
>>
>>63944851
prequel apologist please kill yourself
>>
>>63944684
I don't think they're good by any means, but I enjoyed them as a child and I enjoy them now because I simply don't give a shit about the shitty stuff in these films.

Going into the prequels without already saying they're shit gives an enjoyable experience. Except II. That shit was really bad.
>>
>>63944872
But from a movie?
>>
>>63944453

Clone Army is related to the Clone Wars, which was first mentioned in Episode IV.

Ewan McGregor didn't have a line in this movie. Why are people saying he had lines during Rey's visions? That's literally redditor theory.
>>
File: reuenthal.jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
reuenthal.jpg
42 KB, 640x480
I can't think of the prequels as bad for some reason.
The only irredeemable things were anakin's fall, and jar jar binks. But the original trilogy had the retarded thing with ewoks beating the empire too so fuck.

Also the whole black and white deal with the force and shit permeates the whole thing.
In the end there are plenty of better sci-fi series.
>>
File: 20140713_tyranny.jpg (211 KB, 848x636) Image search: [Google]
20140713_tyranny.jpg
211 KB, 848x636
>>63944908

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs
>>
File: 1437685000869.jpg (78 KB, 610x601) Image search: [Google]
1437685000869.jpg
78 KB, 610x601
>>63942890

>People didn't hate the memequels before the Plinkett reviews
>>
>>63944908

>waaah this movie is misogynistic
>waaah this movie is liberal propaganda

Why can't both of you faggots just kill each other and leave normal people alone?
>>
>>63944985
>http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/20/jj-abrams-reveals-obi-wan-and-yoda-are-star-wars-force-awakens
>Abrams also confirmed that some iconic actors reprised their roles: Ewan McGregor, Frank Oz… and a clever editing movie also brought the late Alec Guinness, who died in 2000 at the age of 86, back to the Star Wars universe.
>>
>>63945029
>ratings disabled
Oh the irony
/pol/ go home
>>
>>63944908
fag
>>
Funny how once Disney did everything Plinkett asked for Star Wars went to shit.
Nerds know shit about art as always.

>tfw you were among the retards asking for Jar Jar Abrams to direct a Star Wars movie
Shit.
>>
>>63945018
Empire strikes back is literally perfect though. It's the whole reason star wars got as popular as it is
>>
>>63944908
nobody cares, /pol/
>>
>>63944964
It can be anything really. Imagine what it was like for the kid who grew up listening to Guns and Roses records only to see them finally get back together and realize what a failure the guy he'd been idolizing turned out to be. Hell, go ask /v/ how the felt after Spore came out. The sheer amount of anticipation that surrounded Episode 1 is probably never going to be replicated, and thus there won't be any other movie that could quite possibly be as disappointing.
>>
This shitty board tries so hard to be contrarian, it's un-fucking-real
>>
>model airplanes
>>
>>63945182

>wahhh people disagree with my opinion on a movie

go back to reddit
>>
>>63944286
NOW THIS IS AUTISM
>>
>>63945327
Time for bed, saganfan1983
>>
>>63944908
mid life crisis
>>
>>63942890
Yeah the backlash of it being garbage and disappointing was totally such a new fucking concept

>>63944129
1 had alot of fucking problems, But it still had its moments Pod Racing was the best part, andthe kid hardly harmed that part

2 Did everything wrong. 1 was just more dissapointing.

IMO it is just as autistic to say they are crimes against humanity as it is to say 'they le have no problems'
>>
>>63945029
>Dykes doing stupid shit
>Instead of just telling them to shut up JUST BECOME NAZI EXTREMIST RUBY RIDGE FAGGOTS THAT'LL PISS OFF THE LEFT DURP DE DURR LA HURRRR
>>
>>63944286
How much you wanna bet he hates the shit out of EP 7.
>>
>>63944908
>Green Party
>Elite

You faggots really don't know shit, quick acting like the Right wing are these poor underdogs bc most of them love politicians, the leaders, and business jews
>>
>>63944373
>we

sure is collectivism in here
>>
>>63945018
>sci-fi

Star Wars is not sci fi
>>
File: JJ_donut_steel.jpg (117 KB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
JJ_donut_steel.jpg
117 KB, 640x350
>>63942890
>"I've got a bad feeling about this"
LOL REMEMBER THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY?
also you say "I've got a bad feeling about this" when something bad is about to happen, they already knew the fucking mercs were on board and the monsters were loose, it was totally forced

>"When have you ever helped? And don't say the Death Star."

>hologram schematic of Not The Death Star
>"Can't we blow it up? There's usually a way to do that."

>taking down a shield generator to attack Not The Death Star
>flying down a trench to blow up Not The Death Star

>"Is there a garbage chute? Trash compacter?"

THIS MOVIE WAS SHIT
>>
>the prequels were actually good
>recognizing that they were shit in almost every conceivable way is a bad opinion
>Max Landis isn't a fuccboi

Glad to see it's finally Contrarian Day 2015.
>>
>>63944286
Jesus christ lol.

This guy is so fucking buttblated.
>>
>>63944286
THESE are the prequel apologists that manifest this shit board.
>>
Glad to see you spineless faggots still let Reddit tell you what to think.

Reminder that if you've ever changed an opinion because someone told you that Reddit shared that opinion, you are literally letting Reddit dictate what opinions you can and cannot have, and are the ultimate cancer.
>>
File: Natalie_sees_anon's_cock.webm (526 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Natalie_sees_anon's_cock.webm
526 KB, 854x480
>>63945609
>mfw people shit on the podrace scene but use Rey flying casually through wide open unobstructed spaces on a speeder bike as an excuse for her ability to fly the Falcon better than literally anyone has ever flown anything in a Star Wars movie
>>
Reminder that people who think all the prequel hate is because of RLM are underage who can't remember all the "Lucas raped my childhood" shit right after the movies came out.
>>
>>63943948
>6 million people is a lot

look at this retard

how many people do you think have seen Star Wars versus 6 million who have seen that ten minute segment of RLM?
>>
>>63943655
>le Cloverfield is bad meme
>>
>>63944286
"My current all time favorite movie is Christopher Nolan's hard sci fi epic Interstellar"
Holy shit lmao senpai
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.