[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone watched this yet? thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 11
File: netflix-making-a-murderer.jpg (52 KB, 620x420) Image search: [Google]
netflix-making-a-murderer.jpg
52 KB, 620x420
Has anyone watched this yet? thoughts?
>>
>>63937463
Is this something like that Bob Durst docu?
>>
>>63937564
if you mean the jinx which i haven't seen then yes.
>>
>>63937564
Nah, thats shitflix not HBO
>>
>>63937618
Watch it, I liked it, you'll like it too. THis i too damn I'm back where I wa s a year ago evean things area more clearer.
>>
>>63937463

It's better than Jynx. Focuses more on the corruption of the state. Pretty disgusting and enraging.

The sheriffs clearly had a fear of investigation in Avery's lawsuit against them for the 18 years he did for a crime he did not commit. There was zero physical evidence directly linking him to the murder, or even physical evidence of the narrative of the murder (zero blood on a bed or in a bedroom when someone is supposedly stabbed and has their throat cut, really?). The "confession" they coerced from his clearly mentally deficient nephew is insane. The persecutor was clearly a pile of shit - proven later by his sexual misconduct charges. The brother of Theresa is creepy as fuck - why was he the spokesperson for the family? The nephew's first lawyer and investigator should be prosecuted or lose their licenses for misconduct. That whole fucking community is retarded.
>>
>>63938895
And the cop who rang in to confirm a license plate but already knew the car, i don't know whether he's guilty or not maybe thats the point.
>>
>>63939020

They didn't demonstrate motive for Avery. They didn't demonstrate a history of violence other than the slimelord prosecutor claiming it. The case against the police was more compelling and more plausible if your remove the notion of "the shield". They had motive - stop investigation against their misconduct, get rid of the guy who will put you out of a job or in prison yourself. I don't think they murdered the girl. I think they found her and placed the evidence against Avery. There was probably something more than just the phonecall in the mid-90s from a neighboring department saying they had the wrong guy. If they KNEW he was innocent but did nothing about it, they can face jail time. I think they knew, I think they covered it up and created this murder case against him to avoid what seemed inevitable. The judge not granting new trials for either of them was the most shocking - besides the fucking blood that had it's fucking security seal broken.
>>
don't be retarded in the south senpai
>>
>>63939706

this is Wisconsin
>>
>>63939462
anyone have any theories on who actually killed the girl?

maybe ex bf? or room mate?
>>
>>63940705

you seem suspicious
>>
>>63940705
it was Avery, sorry senpai but things are more simple that they appear. Jail changed him
>>
File: 1447264460098.png (206 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1447264460098.png
206 KB, 500x375
>TFW your retarded nephew fucks your shit up with a coerced confession
>>
>>63939462
None of the cops had to give an alibi neither the family of the victim, the syringe extracting the blood wasn't looked upon enough. what would be really fucked up is if the lawyers where even in on it and getting paid megabucks.

>>63940705
i believe it was the black haired cop can''t remember his name looked and acted like doofy from scary movie.
>>
>>63941082
>>63941114
maybe he did do it, like i said that might be the point of the show the fact nobody knows and will never know other then the murderer.
>>
>>63941082
he was about to be a millionaire. rapes and kills someone and dumps her right out front of his house. doesn't crush the car just parks it nearby.

right.
>>
File: Wisgomsum.png (164 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Wisgomsum.png
164 KB, 2000x1333
I went to Mishicot High (Class of '93) and have been on three occasions been issued DUI citations by Andrew Colburn despite the fact that I had not been drinking (I in fact don't drink at all). Though I've never met Steve, I grew up in that community and knew several members of his family growing up. Ask me anything.
>>
>>63941297
and leaves the magic key on his trailer, yea is far fetched but he is retarded and inbreed
>>
>>63941322
Andrew Colburn once give me and my father citations for "not wearing hammer pants" while we where there shooting, fucking asshole my fathers owns Nestle and he treated us like that
>>
>>63941449
key that the cops didnt find in initial searches til lenk shows up, also had no other dna on it but averys
>>
File: Huggle Kad.png (697 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
Huggle Kad.png
697 KB, 1200x900
>>63941545
You think this is a motherfucking game?

>pic related
>it's me and sergeant colburn
>>
>>63941322
>>63941545
yeh that guy colburn i think he killed the girl not of his own choice he was clearly very stupid and convinced into doing it.
like i said he reminds me of doofy from scary movie, stupid but turns out to be a murderer.
>>
>>63941604
thats because Lenk is master key finder the best in the whole state actually, that reterd Avery was probably sucking on the key like an idiot and eliminated all of Teresa's DNA
>>
Is this justified in being 10 hours long? Is it a really compelling story like the Jinx was?
This thread has already got me a little raged and I don't know if I need 10 hours doing the same thing I just read ahead and saw he was convicted of another murder right after release. I know its an enormous miscarriage of justice to have him locked up the first time but now I don't feel so bad
>>
>>63941297
reminder that Steve's gold digger girlfriend was in jail and he could not empty his balls which lead him to murder and rape a woman
>>
one thing i don't get in his second arrest he seems to completely lose any passion to prove his innocence other then "i dindu nuffin" didn't seem to cry or show any emotion to how he was being treated other then the head shake at the end, which is kinda suspicious.
>>
>>63941754
watch it senpai.
>>
>>63941754
Avery's case ends on episode 8 and you can pretty much end it there episode 9 and 10 are about his retarded nephew and some other shit nobody gives a fuck cause what really mattered was Steve Avery
>>
>>63941754
Yes, you need to spend ten hours watching how he was framed by the same cops who set him up the first time. He's innocent of the second charge as well. He has never committed a serious crime in his life.
>>
>>63941927

>never committed a serious crime

yeah no....maybe not murder but he did some fucked up shit
>>
why where any officers involved in his previous misjustice allowed anywhere near him or his home.
>>
>>63941754
if you dont watch the whole thing you wont see how fucked up the justice system is. especially in redneck countys.
>>
>>63942005
he burnt a cat when he was a teen. and some petty theft bullshit. edge fags on /b do that shit all the time.
>>
>>63942012
the whole thing is fucked up but what really destroyed Steve is the press conference with the coerced confession with all the details about how he and his nephew murdered and raped Teresa
>>
>>63937463
really good stuff man, depressing but gud nonetheless
>>
>>63942177
Steve threated his cousin at gun point to stop spreading rumours about him dancing naked on his property or some shit, dude was stupid as fuck
>>
File: 1449278534425.png (206 KB, 888x1497) Image search: [Google]
1449278534425.png
206 KB, 888x1497
>>63941322
>Wisconsin
lmao
>>
>>63937463
Does it really need 10 hours to tell the whole thing?
I saw 12 hour docs that explored the rise and fall of civilizations. The pre-birth, birth, life and death of great men.
10 hours about a random fuck? Really?
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 318x159
the kids confession reminded me so much of pic related (memories of a murder for the plebs who havent seen it)
>>
>>63942356
not from there
what's so bad about wisconsin?
>>
>>63942406
nothing if you arent black or retarded
>>
If Avery didn't do it, who did?
I think it was her brother
>>
>>63942406
Inferior midwest state desu. Eternally mad that they didn't get the UP from us Michiganders.
>>
>>63942358
theres some fluff. and alot of whining by averys attorneys. but it keeps your attention the whole way through. i felt like giving up after episode 9. but watching the final one really brought it all back together.
>>
I felt really sorry for Brendan, he was so painfully retarded to the point where he didn't seem to enjoy anything in life
>>
>Deliberately having Colburn walk both Steven and Brendan out from their sentencing hearings

That was some pretty brazen shit.
>>
>>63942571
[whats weird is how much more together he is in the final episode. this is the one thing that to me says its possible he was fucked up from being involved and has had alot of therapy. maybe wasnt as dumb as we thought. i would like to see the full interrogation footage]
>>
>>63937463
Made me terrified of someday waking up a redneck
>>
>that interrogator demanding answers from a retarded kid with pictures laid out in front of him
>dafuq F4M
>>
File: NFC North.jpg (154 KB, 1515x734) Image search: [Google]
NFC North.jpg
154 KB, 1515x734
>>63942482
>the home of detroit
>and flint
Michigan is a nigger hive.
>>
>>63942748
I don't know man, could be something to do with him being a teenager then and 26 now, or you seeing a lot of footage of him then and only still images of him now
>>
>>63941082
Do you also believe the Memphis 3 killed those little kids in a satanic ritual?
>>
Can some Americans enlighten me about something?

In stuff like this and tv shows, whenever people bring up possible police corruption, everyone starts acting offended and "how could you say this about such fine men" and all that shit and everyone just seems to eat it up. Does the general public genuinely believe that the police aren't corrupt? At least in rural areas?
>>
another question why wouldn't they just kill him in prison by making it look like a suicide
>>
>>63943262
Yes. It's too hard to accept. It undermines social cohesion and public trust.
>>
>>63943307
Probably because they make themselves believe he actually is guilty so it doesn't weigh down their conscience.
>>
>>63943307
I don't necessarily think it was some far reaching conspiracy within the county sheriffs department as such, but more likely one or two people (Colburn and Lenk, maybe one more) coupled with a police department which would be delighted for it to be true. It would probably be harder for them to arrange for a prison murder and cover their tracks.

Also, they didn't have a reason to want him out of the picture (suing the county for 36 mil) until he was already out of prison.
>>
>>63943413
good point, did nobody else here think the ex-boyfriend and current boyfriend where incredibly suspicious.
>>
>>63943262
>Does the general public genuinely believe that the police aren't corrupt? At least in rural areas?

There are corrupt people IN EVERY PROFFESSION IN LIFE. Does that mean the ratio of corruption is higher in police departments?

No. Given that we have this knowledge that police officers who are corrupt exist, just like there are corrupt people in every other job known to man, should we label good cops who are doing their jobs with honest as being corrupt?

BECAUSE YOUR LINE OF LOGIC IS DOING JUST THAT. People like you assume there are lots of corrupt cops, and then we have people protesting and smashing and destroying private property, BECAUSE ALL COPS ARE EVIL.

Go suck Una Farto's cock more, fagot.
>>
>>63943504
Her brother was sketchy as shit, grinning and giggling his way through every press conference he gave. He sure loved talking to the media.
>>
The evidence was all circumstantial. I think cops found her body and figured they may as well plant in on Steven
>>
>>63943546

go fuck a pig badge bunny
>>
>>63943262
we assume that the majority of them are good men, who just knew oj did it and push the envelope when needed.
>>
Also how is her Dna not in her key and only his
>>
>>63943546
Don't get me wrong here, I'm not claiming some 'black lives matter all cops are corrupt' shit here.

I'm just saying, if you had a corruption rate of, say, 1%, and you've got 100 officers in your department, and you came out and said 'someone in this department is corrupt', the public would flip their shit about that statement.

Is that right? Or am I just getting a skewed view from docs and liberal media?
>>
Someone greentext everything that happens in this series so I do not have sit through ten hours of it. I watched the first episode and it was pretty lame.
>>
>>63943701

>what is wikipedia
>>
>>63943701
Jesus christ f a m just google that shit
>>
>>63943467
colburn and lenk where the worst guys in the whole thing for me they seemed devious and manipulative with no problems lieing.
>>
>>63943504
this. also allowing the 2 people who should have been suspects leading the search party. drawing maps of averys land etc
>>
>>63943856
[room mate didn't report her missing until 3 days later. friends with ex and leaders of search party. hand camera and point woman who found car right towards it. with a map.]
>>
I can't make it past the accents. Do all Wisconsin people sound like that?
>>
>>63943644
assuming he did do it could he of washed the key to then accidentally taint it after cleaning it.

>>63943609
how did they know to look in that exact spot for bones wasn't it the only place they digged up, did the dog sniff it out?
>>
>>63943731
The show doesn't have an entry and Avery's personal entry is very sparse.
>>
>>63943973
That wasn't the original spot. I think the bones where moved
>>
>>63943956
No, but many do.
>>
>>63943856
>>63943918
literally this, also the way the car was set up with the branches and shit like something out of a fucking movie set, surely if it was him he would of a) crushed the car or b) hid it better then under some twigs
>>
>>63944035
how did the cops know to look there though without digging up the whole complex.
>>
File: 1429181876378.png (34 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1429181876378.png
34 KB, 500x375
>>63944144

>checked

They showed them bringing in cadaver dogs
>>
File: 100.gif (83 KB, 395x281) Image search: [Google]
100.gif
83 KB, 395x281
>>63944052

Terrible
>>
Wasn't the county told not to participate in the investigation. Should there have been a mistrial
>>
>>63944196
did they have any suspicion to bring these in at the time or is that mandatory in a search of that scale.
>>
Also one of the reporters is hot
>>
Fuck the police. They are corrupt as shit.
>>
>>63944357
ye i clocked that bro
>>
Looks like netflix shilling is back on the menu boys.
>>
>>63943576
http://www.packers.com/team/staff/Mike-Halbach/bc32b029-52e7-4e07-b172-f9580ded39f3

Think he's had sex with Aaron Rodgers?
>>
>>63944859
>football technology

we just making shit up now?
>>
>>63944934
serious question?
>>
this is a seriously fucked up story and the brother that works for the packers...creep. worth watching for sure. worst of humanity involved.
>>
>>63943856
>>63943918
>>63944060
ex bf and room mate hacked into her phone and deleted voicemails. so now, whats their motive? strange that her room mate was a man imo. also that he was good friends with the ex.
>>
>>63945255
>worth watching for sure. worst of humanity involved.
Where can I watch this?
>>
>>63945649
netflix.
>>
>>63945649
netflix
>>
>>63937463
It's probably the best thing Netflix has done.
I thought the 10 episodes would drag on, but I never felt bored.

>that last episode when he's exhausted all his resources to appeal, so he's left with spending the rest of his life in jail trying to fight his own case.
>the detectives hand feeding a mentally disabled kid lies to force a confession

fuck
>>
>All his lawyers going on about how much they care about Steve at the end and how it's such a tragedy that he's still in prison with no representation
>Not one of them offers to take his case pro bono
>>
oh shit nigga i was just about to make a thread about this. ive been watching this with my roomy lately. shits crazy.

>>63940705

dude the fuckin feds mannnn. they like didnt want avery to be a loose end over his wrongful accusations so they totally like, set him up. mann.
>>
>>63945649
Netflix™, for the low price of $7.99 a month!
>>
File: kek.jpg (6 KB, 267x188) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
6 KB, 267x188
>>63945961
>>
the family is very fucked up to begin with ok. let's all acknowledge that up front. but they locked this man in a cell for 18 years for no reason and then let him out and expected him to be normal in society? they fucked that up and then realized it so they created a plan to target him again. its obvious but its nuts that its real. don't even know what to say. I'm high
>>
>All these poorly typed and non-referential posts about a newly released paywalled show

Surely it can't be shilling?!
>>
>>63941822

he was fucking suicidal bruh. after he was taken into custody for the murder charge he was on the phone with his brother and his mom and said that they had two weeks to get things settled and then he was going to end it. he lost passion because he lost his will.
>>
This is the first I've heard of this as well as The Jinx. I love these murder mystery documentary type of shows so I want to start one of them tonight. Which one is better?
>>
>>63946218
law enforcement didn't kill the girl imo.

>the ex bf and/or room mate killed her
>they then erased her voicemails
>wait 3 days to report her missing
>dump body in fire pit and cover car with twigs
>lead search party directly to the vehicle in a salvage yard with thousands of cars as well as a car crusher

if avery killed her why was he blood in the car? did he need her car only to dump her right out his front door?

>law enforcement then plants evidence at the scene

however none of this explains the kids confession, which the show leads you to believe he was coerced into saying.
>>
>>63945649
Literally any show streaming site
>>
>>63946424
The Jinx is GOAT tier but I haven't seen this one yet, apparently it's longer so I'd start it after watching The Jinx.
>>
>>63946424
Jinx is shorter and more easy to understand as far as storyline. Make A Murderer is pure horror all around.
>>
>>63942390
Great movie
>>
>>63946554
>>63946582
Thanks, anons. Starting ep. 1 right now.
>>
I suspect there is some sort of #blacklivesmatter agenda or propaganda going on here. didn't see one black person in 12 hours. seriously?
>>
>>63947322
I can't decide if it's just a little too perfect of a story at the most perfect time to undermine peoples beliefs in american society. It's either propaganda or coincidence but wow is it a terrible story.
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.