[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What original ideas did he bring to TFA?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5
File: JJAbrams_BBS_009-small.jpg (358 KB, 1348x1800) Image search: [Google]
JJAbrams_BBS_009-small.jpg
358 KB, 1348x1800
What original ideas did he bring to TFA?
>>
Finn and Kylo and TR-8R are original characters, but I'd credit Kasdan for them.
>>
A badass and compelling as fuck Stormtrooper willing to fight to the death for his ideals and comradeship against all tyrants and traitors
>>
>>63936446
Cuckolding
>>
Interracial sex
>>
File: TRAITOR.webm (3 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
TRAITOR.webm
3 MB, 720x304
Rebel scum HATES him

Imperial Warrior finds one SIMPLE trick to absolutely knock the fucking block off a TRAITOR
>>
The character of Kylo Ren. His new awesome force abilities. A lightsaber choosing its owner. A villainous faction that acts like a terrorist organization. A deserting stormtrooper. A superweapon that is built into a planet. Oh, and stormtroopers being competent for once.
>>
Modern SJW propaganda
>>
>>63936446
Stopping blasters with the force.
>>
>>63936658
>A lightsaber choosing its owner.

WAT THE FUK NIGGA

Lightsabers are fucking specifically built by their owners, they don't fucking choose who they're used by

What the fuck is this harry potter turboshit
>>
>>63936658
>A lightsaber choosing its owner

Hmm, doesn't that remind you of something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5whe9XtdQgw

JJ's a hack.
>>
>>63936446
This is the question I will ask whenever someone try's to defend this movie
>>
force freezing, galactic proxy wars, child soldier stormtroopers, melee stormtroopers, space warehouses, church of the force, non-sith evil guys, YADDA YADDA owned kid
>>
>>63936574
well thats a thing done with clones, but hey, what ever.

>>63936446
whoreing
marvel quips
shit cinematography
piss pacing
>>
>>63936446

Not even the nigger was original. Like everything else it was just a pale copy.
>>
File: 1.jpg (154 KB, 1280x1076) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
154 KB, 1280x1076
Great Cinematography
Based JJ
Is he coming back for episode 8?
>>
Death Star powered by the power of the sun that can hit multiple planets at the same time.

Using the force to stop blaster shots.

Droids shapped like footballs.

Stormtroopers with riot gear.

Normal people using light-sabers.

Best girl called Maz.
>>
>>63936446
Humanizing stormtroopers.
>>
>>63936446
Bringing diversity to Hollywood.
>>
With the amount of money and time put into this movie (as well as the careers and reputations that hung on it) there was absolutely no way JJ could go out on a limb and do something original. He had to make sure the investment paid off, so that means sticking to the tried and true method. And he pulled it off wonderfully. It was pretty much an exact copy but it was still an exciting, interesting film in its own respect
>>
>>63936617
TORRENT
O
R
R
E
N
T

WHERE
>>
>>63936658
>A lightsaber choosing its owner.
Nah you misinterpreted that.
>>
>>63936658
>stormtroopers being competent for once
Nigga they were getting their shit pushed in harder than ever. Their glorious victories consist of
a) ambushing a campsite (and losing shitload of men)
b) bombing an unprotected junk camp (and failing to catch their target)
c) bombing a bar (and getting obliterated the second few X-wings show up)
For fucks sake, they just watched as two idiots try to hijack TIE-fighter for two minutes and did nothing. And then they lost whole fucking planet to a dozen of X-wings. T8-TR was the only cool stormtrooper.
>>
the liberal propaganda was great and the cucking

me and my wifes son loved it
>>
>>63937155
>Humanizing stormtroopers.
The part where the two storm troopers just turn around in that hallway was gold.
>>
EPISODE 9: They go to the milky way galaxy and seed life on planet earth. I'm calling it now.
>>
>>63937460
yeah finn's seed
>>
>>63936617

Why is Finn running around using a lightsaber? Don't get me wrong, it was really cool, but doesn't he have more experience using a gun?
>>
>>63937494
Did you watch the movie?
>>
>>63937494
le wise ancient alien lady told him to use it. I'm calling it now, Finn is force sensitive.
>>
>>63936617
you know if finn had a backwards grip like starkiller from the games it would be a total piece of shit.
>>
>>63937494
He picked up a gun and used it at his first opportunity even after he had the light saber.
>>
File: ree.gif (848 KB, 665x662) Image search: [Google]
ree.gif
848 KB, 665x662
>>63936617
>>63937326
WHERE IS THE CAMRIP FUCKING NORMIES

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>63936446
He sketched/conceptualized BB-8 personally.
>>
Helicopter shot
>>
>>63936446
He didn't and I think that was the point. They couldn't risk another set of prequels so they stuck to the old formula. Acting was still prequel-tier imo but the cinematography made up for it. I can't wait for the hype to die just like with the Hobbit.
>>
>>63936446
None, he's a hack that has fucked up two of the greatest sci fi franchises of all time.
>>
>>63937717
Shit he did? That would probably put about a billion in Disney's pocket with all said and done
>>
so i just re-watched the prequels and i have to say these actually get a lot of undeserved hate. you can tell there was love and craft put into these worlds. varied creatures, some of the most alien and beautiful worldbuilding i've ever seen. yeah the script is bad but holy shit these Han Solo Dies settings and designs are beautiful. these are a work of a man who cares deeply for star wars.

>phantom menace
character design - 10/10
world building - 10/10
plot - 7/10

>clone
character design - 9/10
world building - 10/10
plot - 5/10

>sith
character design - 10/10
world building - 10/10
plot - 7/10

i would rank them above TFA, below the OT.
>>
>>63936617

I wish it was Captain Phasma doing this shit. She gets hit but it only hits her shield or something. Would have made her character bad ass.
>>
>>63937445
I needed that, it was like the second or third time Kylo started throwing a tantrum after he fucked up and I was so done with him. That really lightened things up.
>>
>>63937827
I rewatched them a couple weeks ago right after watching the OT and never before did I realize the shitty writing and obvious for-kids design so strongly.
>>
>>63937929
That would have been great. And maybe have Chewie fuck with her wound later on that gives her a reason to give in so easily.
>>
>>63937818
Yep. Sauce: 60 Minutes interview
>>
>>63937929
he goofed
captain phasma should have been the one wrecking fins shit and using the big gun thing
>>
>>63937134
>Death Star powered by the power of the sun that can hit multiple planets at the same time.
stolen from EU
>Using the force to stop blaster shots.
been done in the matrix at least.
>Droids shapped like footballs.
euro shit detected
>Stormtroopers with riot gear.
ill admit, the trooper were fucking legit.
>Normal people using light-sabers.
han used one to cut open a taun taun and existed in the clone wars series.
>>
>>63936617
Is there a single person in this movie that doesn't go flying after getting hit? Especially the Stormtroopers
>>
>>63936658
>>The character of Kylo Ren
he's just Anakin with Revan's design ripped off

>>his new awesome force abilities
you mean the ones he can freeze a blaster bolt with, but can't beat Finn, who got rekt by a random stormtrooper with a stun baton?

>>A lightsaber choosing its owner
which is retarded potterfag shit because lightsabers are custom-built by their owners or handed down by predecessors

>>A villainous faction that acts like a terrorist organization
you mean the empire?

>>A deserting stormtrooper.
>implying Han wasn't enlisted in the Empire until he rescues Chewie from an abusive officer
>not knowing Davin Felth

>>A superweapon that is built into a planet.
>he actually fell for "Not the Death Star"

>>Oh, and stormtroopers being competent for once.
this has always been just a meme, if stormtroopers weren't competent there'd be no need to fight the empire in the first place.
>>
I don't know if original but he copied kingdom hearts a lot
they even said luke is looking for kingdom hearts the place where force came from
pretty stupid but now we'll have more than a science explanation to the force its going to be
on an island with a cork that needs to be plugged into the force fountaint
>>
>>63936446
Racemixing.
>>
>>63936446
He brought many of original ideas, but none were his own.
>>
File: images (40).jpg (6 KB, 287x176) Image search: [Google]
images (40).jpg
6 KB, 287x176
>>63937460
nope.
episode 9.
Resistance and first order fleets of thousands chase each other and end up in milky way, but a wormhole and gravity field doohickey fucks up and they end up not a long time ago, but a hundred years in the future and fight this guy and his colleagues.

Fair to say.....there will be massive casualties.
>>
>>63937730
ew
>>
>>63936491
Actually they are copies from KOTOR
>>
>>63936446
Two words: LENS FLARES
>>
>>63936617
This looks like a fucking video game.

Terrible reddit tier trash.
>>
directors who would have made a better star wars film

Peter jackson
Ridley Scott
James Cam- er no, it would be exactly the same as TFA but over hyped as revolutionary for...some made up reason.
Spielberg (certainly)
Bloomkamp
Michael Mann
Dicopola
Scorsese
Edgar Wright
Fincher
Mel Gibson
Randall Wallace

ect
>>
>>63939188
i dotn recall lens flares but i remember far worse.

fucking FLASHBANGS!

dark near black off set with bright fucking lights they over take most fo the screen in a flash, not gradual.

holy fuck, you DONT DO THAT in every fucking scene!
maby once....ONCE. and thats it.
>>
>>63939188
i think lens flare looks cool, but shouldve only be used with the lightsabre battles

less is more
>>
>>63937929
fuckin this. she didnt do jack shit besides help the resistance scum.
>>
>>63939288
it's actually possible that JJ would have made a better Star Wars film. we'll never know how much was Disney dictating safe plot points to him.
>>
>>63939609
considering Lucas made the premise, and JJ and whose it wrote it and nothing suggest disney telling them "go safe or go home" i dont think the studio messed with this too much.....for once.
>>
>>63937717
Yeah. He's BB-8's daddy. That's pretty huge.
>>
>>63937827
Lucas pls go.
>>
>>63939686
>considering Lucas made the premise
Arndt's original script was binned
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.