[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>moments watching episode 7 where you threw up in your seat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 28
File: 1450293772982.jpg (63 KB, 720x490) Image search: [Google]
1450293772982.jpg
63 KB, 720x490
>moments watching episode 7 where you threw up in your seat

Rey knows how to pilot the falcon better then Han

Try to keep it one thing per post
>>
"lets flood the falcon with poison gas"

"yeah that'll work. The stormtroopers masks only filter smoke, not toxins"
>>
"I don't want to kill anyone!"

"lets kill all the stormtroopers fuck them I was never hommies like we are even though I literally just met you nigga"
>>
"this was the deathstar...THIS is starkiller base"
>>
>>63935640
typical backstabbing nigger.
>>
>>63935806

around blacks never relax
>>
FORCE AWAKENS WAS HORRIBLE

i fucking hated it

in the theater people were applauding and wooping this terrible rehash cashgrab. I was visibly shaking and on verge of tears by the last 20 minutes of the film, i felt like screaming and pulling my hair out but i was just muttering "this is reddit, this is memes, this is videogames, this is memes" under my breath.
>>
Han Solo was "scanning for" the Millenium Falcon which just got stolen :^)

Han Solo was even in the same part of the Galaxy ;^DDDDD
>>
File: bowcaster_tesb_002_0.jpg (62 KB, 518x371) Image search: [Google]
bowcaster_tesb_002_0.jpg
62 KB, 518x371
"hey let me try that the thing!"

Han, you have been partners with this fucker for at least 40 fucking years and this is the first time you've ever wanted to try out Chewey's crossbow?

*pew kaBOOOM*

"I like that!"

disney go fuck yourself
>>
File: 1437503106661.jpg (307 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1437503106661.jpg
307 KB, 768x1024
I thought the whole movie was great

pic related me and my girl before we went to see it
>>
>>63936108

this x1000

how the fuck
>>
>>63935917
>Han Solo was even in the same part of the Galaxy
How much screen time would it have really taken up to have some offhand mention of Han and Chewie picking up some kind of First Order broadcast hunting the Falcon. Any explanation that isn't LOL COINCIDENCES HAPPEN WITH THE FORCE!
>>
I was mad when Leia and Chewy didn't collapse in each other's arms and sob when he returned without Han or Kaylo.
>>
>>63935640
He's lying about his motive to desert to make himself look better, like he always does
>>
>>63935133
>As long as it's still bright on the surface, the Not Death Star III isn't ready to fire
>The first time it fires there's plenty of light

>The laser travels at hyperspeed
>But the people on the planets can see it coming before it hits

>It targets 5 separate planets, including I guess the capital of the Republic where 100% of their fleets are
>Which are all in the same system as CGI glasses character
>>
>>63936222
>fuck that old fleabag walking carpet he can deal with it
>gonna hug this girl I've never met instead
Thanks JarJar Abrams you really know how to make it sense
>>
File: 1447593485711.jpg (678 KB, 3192x2124) Image search: [Google]
1447593485711.jpg
678 KB, 3192x2124
I have about as much respect for Cuck Wars as I do for the dog shit on my shoe.

It is Reddit, it is capeshit, it is cheeto dust, it is video games. It's nothing more than meme's enjoyed by simplistic pledditors. I have ZERO respect for people who are not free thinkers and blindly enjoy the capeshit redditory Reddit show that is The Force Awakens.

I'm literally screaming, slamming my arms on my desk right now just thinking about it.
>>
>That whole last scene in not Ireland
What the shit? I know starwars is cheesy at times but this was horrible.
>>
>>63936199
>Implying this entire movie wasn't done in one draft of the script
>Implying they went over a second time to see if there are things to improve

Here's mine though:
In order to trigger the Death Star's destruction, an X-Wing had to fly into a large room.
This large room, is literally on the surface, or no more bellow it than the trench.
Once there, normal X-Wing shots can destroy the whole thing.
Satchel charges were enough to blow up its wall.

Why the fuck didn't a single fucking capital ship show up?
Once the shields were down, a couple dozen shots at that room from above with the turbo lasers could have accomplished the same thing.
There wasn't even a need to go deep inside it this time. THEY LITERALLY JUST HAD TO DAMAGE A SURFACE STRUCTURE TO DESTROY IT.
>>
>>63935133
dude is a hack, ruined the two largest sci fi franchises.

That however is an accomplishment.
>>
THAT FUCKING HELICOPTER SHOT
>>
>>63936501
No kidding.
It made it look like it's the ending of an episode of T.J. Hooker.
Reference for younglings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIX7UWIsNXM
>>
>>63935133

The trench run. As lazy as the Death Star 2 was, at least they had to actually fly into the damn thing and reach the core. It was somewhat original. This movie literally copy/pasted the trench run from ANH.

Otherwise it was bretty gud
>>
>>63936434
the funny thing is after they blew up two satchels, an X-Wing flew without hesitation into a tiny as fuck room,the bridge room where han was killed, and opened fire towards the remaining "things which destroyed a whole fucking planet".
>>
>>63936594
>Literally copy pasted ANH
I remember ANH having tension and focus.
>>
>>63935534
I was under the impression that they would keep them alive in space...
>>
>>63936108
>Han, you have been partners with this fucker for at least 40 fucking years and this is the first time you've ever wanted to try out Chewey's crossbow?

he always talked his way out of it.
>>
The light saber fight at the end. One would think Kyle Ren would be pretty fucking good with a light saber in comparison to someone who picked one up for the first time
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-06-13-14h33m51s90.jpg (137 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-06-13-14h33m51s90.jpg
137 KB, 1920x816
>>63936501
>>63936579
When you compare it to some of the god-tier closers we've gotten, it literally hurts.
>>
>Hey I just thought of a way to take down the shields
>Let's track down Captain Phasma™ who for some reason is on this planet instead of the star destroyer and I somehow know this
>And on this entire planet sized space station Captain Phasma™ is also within walking distance of us, and so is Rey and the planet's weak point.
>Fortunately Captain Phasma™ for some reason has the authority to deactivate the shields and no one can turn them back on
>Thankfully Captain Phasma™ is both a coward who does what we want immediately and also an idiot because what we're doing has a high chance of getting her killed
>Let's throw in a reference to the previous movies because that's all we can fucking do so we can just have her disappear for the rest of the movie so Captain Phasma™ can appear in the next movies and keep b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶y̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶e̶l̶l̶ playing an important role in the plot
>>
>>63936594
Death Star 2 was actually logical - why WOULDN'T the empire just make another one? the plot function it served was just to blow up a couple of cruisers.

if they'd finished it it wouldn't have had the same vulnerability as the first. I assumed they could only fly into it because the weapons system had been rushed to completion before the rest of the structure was done.
>>
>>63936834
yeah because years of butchering sand peasants and smashing up computer consoles has really sharpened his martial prowess.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>63936669
The original storm trooper armor could. Unfortunately to make it slicker and more Apple like the new design lost that feature.
>>
>>63936637
Not sure if it was this thread or another, but I also mentioned Y-Wings.
Seriously, as much as a short hail of photon torpedoes should have obliterated that entire room from the outside, ending the Star Killer Base.

But no, they just get a couple X-Wings because of reasons.

There were more starships in ANH than here.
Even Han had to out manouver two Star Destroyers to get off Tatooine.
>>
>>63936899
Did you miss the part where it's explained he slaughtered all the other Jedi Luke had trained? But yeah it totally makes sense he's no better a fighter than the random stormtrooper who pulls out a melee weapon to attack Finn.
>>
>>63936924
Wait, they're in space?
I just assumed that area too was under climate control.
What with them following north-to-south gravity instead of walking on the wall of the Death Star.
>>
>>63935133
>after han dies like a chump leya hugs rey and not chewie

what were they thinking? even the original trilogy characters know that rey is the main character and its all about her?
>>
>>63936958

Did you miss the part where Chewie blasted him with the same weapon that was shown earlier to literally blow stormtroopers away with one shot?
>>
>>63935798
I like how dismissive that guy was about the comparison. "No they're not the same. This planet-destroying weapon is 50 times larger. Totally different."
>>
>>63936987
>Wait, they're in space?
Yes, you can see they have backpacks on to provide a longer air supply.
>>
>>63935133
why the fuck did finn know all that shit about the star killer base?
>>
>>63937068
Oh, I thought that was just the normal backpack bulge all Stormtrooper armour has.
Must be a really shitty post.
>>
>>63937080
The rebels should really just capture more janitors, since they know the ins and outs of the bases and the weak points
>>
>>63936924
Those guys are in Spacetrooper uniforms, not standard Stormtrooper ones.
>>
>>63937020
Thanks for pointing out another plot hole.
>>
>>63937174
They're the same helmet. They just have different backpacks.
>>
>>63937200
no, different helmet

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/assets/products/902381-spacetrooper/lg/902381-spacetrooper-005.jpg
>>
>Maz takes out Luke's old lightsaber
>"Where did you get that?"
>"A good question, but a story for another time."
Go fuck yourself.
>>
"As long as there's still light, we still have a chance!"

Normally this type of cheesy dialogue doesn't phase me too much but this line really slapped me in the face.
>>
>>63936379
You don't understand, Rey was really emotional because Han was her father she never had because they both liked spaceships and he gave her a blaster and Kylo Ren said so.
>>
File: Stormtrooper--007.jpg (24 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Stormtrooper--007.jpg
24 KB, 460x276
>>63937264
Are you retarded?
It's the same.
>>
>>63936924
>>63937174
>>63937200
>>63937264
So where I'm from, there was a certain wing of the millitary, which gets about as much respect here, as the RAF got in Britain.
The best of the best. The bravest of the brave.
They were guys who literally had nothing but bicycles and sticks of dynamite, with which they cycled out into the battlefield and tried to blow up enemy armour.

This is what these Spacetroopers look like.

They look like the mother fuckers who will go out with nothing but a basic jet pack, into the cold embrace of space, and take pot shots at X-Wings.

God damn these guys have balls of steel.
>>
>>63937418
Wasn't it light outside when that guy gave the evil speech and blew up the Republic? I don't remember the sun going out.
>>
I didn't have any.
Sure some of the jokes were lame but it was a great movie.
>>
>>63936222
Shame the wookie prejudice is still alive in well in 2015. Back in 1977, Leia didn't even give him a medal for bravery. Leia is racist.
>>
>>63937624
>it was a great movie
Why?
>>
>>63937737
I think, when you consider the cyclical nature of Star Wars, they did a lot of really interesting things with the narrative. People complain about Kylo being Mary Sue but it was appropriate, because it's to show how the Dark Side makes you emotionally unstable. The fact that Finn wasn't really the main character at all was also an interesting move and in general the entire final sequence was superbly done emotionally.
>>
>>63935133

john boyega blocked me on twitter.
>>
>>63937825
I'm glad you enjoyed it, anon.

but the fact is it was shit :)
>>
>>63936869
That's exactly why. See the massive hole in the side of the superstructure with all the scaffolding? That leads right into the core
>>
>>63937825
>because it's to show how the Dark Side makes you emotionally unstable.

After the prequels, we need to be shown THAT?
>>
>>63937879
Well I certainly won't get an unbiased opinion from contrarian central.
>>63937940
>the cyclical nature of Star Wars
hmmmmm missed something anon? :)
>>
>>63937962
>missed something anon

The poetry
>>
>>63938006
Shitposting isn't conducive to discussion anon.
>>
>>63937903
you mean I figured out a plot point just be deduction because it was logical and the movie did a good job of conveying its story visually?

what the fuck, that's not how it's supposed to work who wrote that shit.
>>
>>63938066
it's alright, we're just doing it to show how the dark side make you emotionally unstable. it's the cyclical nature of 4chan
>>
>>63937825
So it's okay to re-use the same character archetypes all the time because >muh cyclical nature?

Fuck at least with the new trilogy george lucas tried to make something different.
This is just "we're gonna remake the same shit and you're gonna love it"
>>
>>63937080
Because he used to mop the floors there, duh
>>
>>63938120
Go teach JJ this trick. He doesn't understand it yet.
>>
>>63938185
They didn't use the same archetypes.
Go on: tell me which character represents Finn, and which represents Rey.
I'll wait. :)
>>
>>63938275
>:)

Fuck off retard.
>>
>>63938328
Oh I see you've chosen the bottom of the pyramid! Poor form kid.
>>63938342
who gives a shit
>>
File: 1447057088915.png (563 KB, 861x990) Image search: [Google]
1447057088915.png
563 KB, 861x990
>>63936854
Underrated post
>>
A lot of people don't realize that Rey was scavenging in a star destroyer at the beginning. So she knew the layout of the ship which is why she was able to successfully navigate through it with the Falcon.
>>
>>63938419
yeah no like how did people here miss this? she scavenges this shit all the time, of course she can work it

are they just desperate to hate the film?
>>
>>63936958
>slaughtered
the wording wasn't that specific
all his old padawans are the Knights of Ren now, none of them were killed
>>
>>63935869
Isn't there some kind of clinic you should be checking yourself into?
>>
>>63936854
Agreed with >>63938418.
Good plan.
>>
>>63938275
Finn is one of the few original archetypes, which doesn't mean he's done well.

Rey is obviously Luke, the one "destined" to be a jedi and basically the hero of the story who goes through the same steps of leaving home, losing the "father they never had", and proving themselves.
>>
>>63937503
They were probably already charged from another star.
Or jj is a hack
>>
>>63937503

They already finished the draining process by that point, way before he gave the speech. The sun returned to its natural glow.

Alternatively, its a different sun and the star killer was at a different coordinate. There are a lot of suns in the universe, in case you didn't know.
>>
>>63935133
OP didn't even happen

>>63936108
He shoots the bowcaster earlier before that scene

Did you guys even watch the movie or are you just bitching about spoilers?
>>
>>63938413
>Poor form
>says the smiley poster

Fuck off, retard.
>>
File: 1445734484007.jpg (239 KB, 848x848) Image search: [Google]
1445734484007.jpg
239 KB, 848x848
>le Star Killer

Get it cause it was Luke's scrapped named in the early drafts.

Also used in the EU when they want to use an edgy character
>>
>>63938527
It's implausible that Han has been with Chewie for 40 years, and has never tried his bowcaster until NOW, which is 30 years after multiple blaster battles from the OT. Did you even read that guy's post?
>>
>>63936854
>we only have 15 minutes
>>
File: maz-kanata-pub-1[1].jpg (153 KB, 1920x802) Image search: [Google]
maz-kanata-pub-1[1].jpg
153 KB, 1920x802
Where I threw up bad.
1. The bad edits of Han and Leia together.
a. That extra edit of Leia and her close up, "I want him back" to Han. WTF. Windows Movie Maker level shit.
b. Everybody serious. Look it's Starkiller Base. Death Star this big. Starkiller this big. Han, "So, it's bigger." Cringe
c. Han, "Gotta be a way to destroy it." Bad edit cut to Leia, "He knows." Maximum cringe
d. Han, "Heeeey, Maz!" Maxlevel cringe
2. Pic related, half-assed Harley Quinn
3. Cg "Portions" fatass shouts at Falcon, "That's MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!"
4. Every scene with Snoke. Looks like a baby Lord Voldemort blown up Nephilim-style
>>
>>63938788
I'd still fug that Harley Quinn wannabe
>>
everyone is pissed at the black guy because he's a traitor

no one seems to notice that he's also black, which is just as bad

other sentient beings don't have african versions of themselves

wise old mentor dies right at the end for a completely stupid and careless reason, literally every detail is the same as ANH, even the dumb parts
>>
File: impXluke.jpg (143 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
impXluke.jpg
143 KB, 1200x600
>>63936869
And in the end it was just a trap to lure luke and see the rebels ships getting destroyed.
>>
>>63938846
>no one seems to notice that he's also black, which is just as bad
What? How would they "notice" that he's black?
>>
>>63935133
hey guys JJ Abrams just wrote a 100% original copypasta sponsored by disney

What the toy story truck did you just toy story trucking say about me, you little Elsa? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class at Monster's Inc, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on originality, and I have over 300 confirmed shills. I am trained in jewnomics and I’m the top shekel earner in the entire US movie business. You are nothing to me but just another customer. I will wipe creative thought the toy story truck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my toy story trucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shara to me over the Internet? Think again, goyim. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of jews across the ocean and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the sequel storm, you little תולעת. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call great storytelling. It's toy story trucking dead, kid. I can say anything, anytime, and I can kill Han Solo in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have never even been in a real fight and learned watching what other people did in movies and copied it frame for frame. And I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable white privilege off the face of the continent, you little chara. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price $15 ticket plus food, you goddamn idiot. I will shrek fury all over the movies you love, and you will drown in it. You’re toy story trucking dead, kiddo. and so is han solo
>>
>>63936994
Rei is her daughter
>>
>>63938275
>>63938490
Rey = luke
Poe = han
fin = typical humorous black character straight out of rush hour or bad boys. Or he is c3-po with a little bit Leia thats why rey and poe will fight for his love
bb-8 = r2-d2
kylo = darth with a litle bit hungergames/twillight attitude
snoke = sheev
>>
>>63939097
a 49 year old man would never stoop that low. How old are ya, kid? 12?
>>
>>63935640
he doesn't want to kill innocent people

pay attention pleb
>>
>>63936108
I assumed it was a brand new crossbow.
>>
>>63939368

you sound like a normie
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 680x381) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 680x381
It was so bad, it was like a marvel movie comedy and all, shit flick
>>
>Ackbar
>no fucking Home One
bye
>>
>>63938969
I'm not going to lie. I left The Force Awakens a bit less racist than I was. I'm honestly looking forward to Finn and Rey getting busy in Ep. 9. I thought they had good chemistry together. Not a cuck, btw f am
>>
Whenever a CGI alien showed up.

>If we could have done it in physical effects, we would have done.

Is that why every alien in this movie is cgi and looks like it came out of a childs imagination?
the rakthars or whatever, literally look like it was imagined by a child. It's your typical D&D beholder, prometheus squid alien. Bouncing around and chomping on everything.

Not a single costume in maz'z cantina.

Maz herself looks dumb as shit. 'Hi, i am old and I know han for ages, here is my sage advice.'

I seriously hope all of these races fall into quick obscurity after J.J.

Also zero new good spaceship designs.
>>
>>63935917
yeah, there was far too many coincidences desu, really pulls you out of the movie. It's just lazy script writing.
>>
>>63939805
>Not a single costume in maz'z cantina.
2/10 for getting me to reply.
>>
>>63936108
this bugged me as well.. what have they been doing for all those years. Why is he only now contemplating going after Kylo as well?
>>
>>63935133
>Rey knows how to pilot the falcon better then Han

No, she doesn't. At what point did you see anything like that?

helping out with a repair != piloting

She nearly crashes the Falcon several times.
>>
>>63935133
I disliked han and leia mentioning snoke by name, it seemed really forced and just unnatural.
>>
>>63940300
And then she got a hang of it and did better flying through a star destroyer, than Lando did flying through the Death Star.
Hell, she even pulled some Empire Strikes Back Han moves in the rubble, and then somehow made the entire ship line up perfectly for a shot.
Infact, guess what:
Han ACTUALLY crashes the Millenium Falcon in this movie. Sture, he flew through some trees that didn't seem to do much once they decided to take off again, but he does crash it.
That kind of drag-your-ass flying is what happens when you fly a space ship on a planet for no göod reason.
(They could have just made a run for it in space with Finn and Rey, and they could have just stopped instead of flying through the entire forrest when they were trying to land.
>>
>>63936222
This
Han's death barely made an impact on the characters at all
>>
>>63940300
she literally flips it over and turns off the engine in the most perfect angle so finn can get a shot off with the broken cannon. So this implies that she knows the exact angle of the broken gun, the exact location of the pursuing tie fighter, how to jumpstart a freefalling falcon, and knows exactly where she needs to flip the damn thing so that finn can get a shot off. it was a ludicrous scene
>>
>>63936994
muh Mary Sue needs all the love
>>
>>63936392
>free thinkers
>gets all his opinions from anons who confirm his biases on 4chan
>>
>>63940781
It is heavily heavily heavily implied that Obi Wan was talking to her during that scene
>>
>>63940543
This. They made it sound like hes some sort of omnipresent intergalactic devil.

Lets be real, the script is just absolute garbage in every aspect both minute and overall. Stuff like the clumsy way Han and Leia talk about Snoke, stuff like the writers having characters go out of their way to acknowledge how weak certain premises were (the stormtrooper's masks for example as >>63935534 pointed out), stuff like Han suddenly taking an interest in Chewbacca's bowcaster after 50 years of swashbuckling so they could cram in another Marvel quip - it all reads like a bunch of 13 year olds wrote a star wars sequel in one afternoon.
>>
I really liked how Han went out of his way to say how smart Rey is. About 4 times in less than 20 minutes. I get it, JJ, she's a woman and she's better than the boys.
>>
So we can all agree that the movie DOES have glaring flaws but everyone on /tv/ are fags and just max out in criticism because it's not cool to like new movies on /tv/?

It's a good start to the franchise, and certainly better than the prequels.
>muh design
>muh atmosphere
Fuck off
>>
>>63941623
Don't forget all the lame expositions about characters' past
>>
>>63936854
What a fucking joke this character was. Is this the next Bobba Fett? Even Bobba had some moments where he looked menacing and a threat. This character was a straight up fail
>>
>>63935869
You sound like a blast.
>>
>>63935133
I didn't mind Rey being competent, some of the stuff made sense, but I think they may have gone too far in a few places.
When I saw her fighting with the stick early on I thought yeah she has melee experience I can see her using a lightsaber better than Luke at first.
She was used to working with tech and such so I can see her being an asset on the falcon, but it felt like she was just a little too good there.

I think that's probably my worst moment though. Saved by Han Solos wtf look at her, like he gave to c3p0 when he had a good suggestion in empire(?).
>>
>>63941656
We are maxing out in criticism because this mediocre movie is being almost universally praised by the media and fanboys. Someone has to break away from optimism and tell shit as it is.
>>
>>63941462
Oh excuse us.
I think we simply forgot about the part where Obi-Wan giving you a pep-talk can turn you into Neo.
Shame he didn't talk to Luke on Cloud City.
Or on the Death Star.
Or in Jabba's Palace.
Or before he got wrecked by the yeti.

Obi-Wan has a sweet spot for chicks.
"One Last Hope of the Galaxy"-s not so much.
>>
>>63936854
Yeah wasn't too fond of that.

They took care of the tractor beam in new hope and the shield in jedi better.
>>
>>63941726
It's a pasta.
The "this is reddit, this is memes" bit gives it away.
>>
>>63941623
>Han suddenly taking an interest in Chewbacca's bowcaster after 50 years of swashbuckling so they could cram in another Marvel quip

I loved the movie and I'm not autistic but this actually did bother me. You'd think Han would have either tried or been forced to shoot Chewie's bowcaster before now. He acts like he's never even noticed him holding it before.

But I understand it was in the movie to setup how bad it fucks up Kylo on the bridge, not necessarily to squeeze in more quips.
>>
>>63941623
>it all reads like a bunch of 13 year olds wrote a star wars sequel in one afternoon

Knowing how PC jew jew is, he probably went around the room and let everybody contribute an idea that would make it into the final script, no questions asked. Thats the only way you get shit like Han trying out Chewey's bowcaster on a whim. You just know some mixed race nigress intern threw it out there and the whole room exploded with supplicating laughter.
>>
>>63935133
>EMPEROR SHEEV IS DEAD! LONG LIVE EMPEROR SNORK!
>>
File: image.gif (729 KB, 451x268) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
729 KB, 451x268
>>63938006
It's all about the poetry
>>
>>63941954
>But I understand it was in the movie to setup how bad it fucks up Kylo on the bridge, not necessarily to squeeze in more quips.

Except they couldn't even get that right because the two shots are contradictory. When Han fires it it acts like a grenade launcher and sends a stormtrooper flying in a cloud of dust. When chewy uses it on a Kylo it just fires a regular red blaster bolt that does less damage than any other blaster bolt seen in the movie.
>>
>>63936594
The entire movie was copy/pasted. Are you retarded?
>>
>>63936854
She's fucking Ren.
>>
File: 452.jpg (8 KB, 250x206) Image search: [Google]
452.jpg
8 KB, 250x206
Why is all media propaganda now you ask?

Post-modern elites (aka cultural marxists and their "useful idiots" the SJWs) have an agenda that isn't simply to mix races or eliminate a race. Their point is to disrupt social cohesion and any form of hierarchical or traditional social structure that could supersede government's authority. Whether it be marriage, the nuclear family, religion, cultural identity (usually identified by race or nationality), etc. any that can compete or overrule the state and pulls away control of the people, must be destroyed to further grow its power and influence. There are different methods of doing this but takes a lot of time to study and explain the impact of several race/class based policies. If you ever watch Thomas Sowell you'll know he explains some of it.

Yes, different races /could/ get along together in a society but that is not what we see. Why is that? Well, aside from racial determinism, we see special interest groups promoting the idea of victimized or disenfranchised minorities. A natural growth between different groups are impeded and instead forced artificial interaction disrupts the norm. This is generally done for political advantages and a moral high-ground. This causes enmity between races or classes while providing a platform for these manipulators, through the old rhetoric of egalitarianism, to create programs that benefit themselves in the guise of "doing good" for the minority or downtrodden.

While, some people are indeed well meaning most of them aren't able to either recognize or cope with the fact that the ideas they push for are unsuccessful and even destructive (welfare, minimum wage, affirmative action etc.). Furthermore these people are continuously fed more rhetoric by the "elite" groups (businesspersons e.g. bankers, cartels, politicians and community leaders e.g. Jesse Jackson, BLM, Green Party) to continue pushing for these policies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vT
>>
>>63935869
You're probably not the OP of this post. But that OP definitely has autism.
>>
>>63942156
B-B-B-But he's a Sith Lord.
He can tank the damage.
He has really high stats!
Don't be contrarian!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHqgHFcmAOc
>>
The horrendous comedy and shit CGI were the only things I didn't really like.
>>
>>63939805
Practically every character in Maz'z cantina was a costume though, you fucking idiot. It made the CGI look even worse.
>>
>>63936392
Again, you're probably not the original poster of this. But whoever wrote this has autism.
>>
>Rey is a non-character, and can already have literally any problem set in front of her solved with "the force does something"
>Fin has some nice bits that set him up as a good person, and his running away speech gave him at least some motivation central to his character, but he's too bland and needed more time to develop, or at least needed to be surrounded with a more colourful cast to play off of, not have most of his interactions be with fucking Rey
>Harrison Ford is actually alive for the first time in years as the best character in the movie, but he doesn't do much and then dies
>We have zero idea what motivates Kylo Ren to go so hard emo. Should we hate him, should we feel bad for him, does he hate his family, does he miss his family, why does he like Snoke, why does he like Vader, why did he turn on Luke, is he supposed to be a little bitch or did the movie just fuck up? We don't have enough information to actually feel anything about him. Also, he got his ass kicked, he is no longer a viable threat, regardless of how injured he was
>The not!Deathstar scene is just dropped into the middle of the movie for no other reason than to tell us the bad guys are evil and pose because STAKES
>The only thing we know about Snoke is that someone fucked up his face pretty hard and he has an inferiority complex

TFA sucked.
>>
I find Finn's defection to be nonsensical. He's trained from birth, yet somehow gained the idea that he was the bad guys? Like they wouldn't pump their child soldiers full of propaganda to make the group called "rebels" look like fucking anarchist faggots. Then I'm wondering if the moment he decided "not to kill for them" was that opening scene, meaning that was his very first actual deployment, and he still sides against his brothers despite one getting instantly blown away right beside him before they even do anything evil.

Also in the opening scene when the Stormtroopers first landed and flooded out of the ships, it looked like there was already a dead trooper on the ground before the first guys even got out.
>>
>>63935133
>Han says that the stories I've heard...they're all true...all of them.

>No Thrawn in the movie
>>
>>63942156
My poor attempt to justify it would be the weapon is more devastating at close range while using it to snipe from such a long distance loses much of the power and force
>>
>>63942651
Finn seems to have had zero effects from the decade of mental conditioning and brainwashing, which is fucking stupid, but the scene at least makes sense. The Storm Troopers drop out of the sky, begin burning and killing everything in a remote village, then round up and execute every last person there, while the Troopers themselves are treated like meat to be thrown into the grinder until atrocities come out the other end.
>>
Every scene with Leia. Acting so bad, I had prequel flashbacks.
>>
>>63942651
>Finn cries that one of his fellow brothers in war died and doesn't want to be involved in that life any more
>kills tons of stormtroopers, people he's grown up with and conditioned in the same way he was, without mercy
Finn is a fucking faggot.
>>
>>63942882
Finn then proceeds to treat them like meat to be ground again as he escapes in the TIE fighter and reigns a flurry of deadly lasers down upon them indiscriminately

Its like somebody with Alzheimers wrote this movie
>>
File: 1440310068681.jpg (295 KB, 754x800) Image search: [Google]
1440310068681.jpg
295 KB, 754x800
The movie was too derivative of the original Star Wars movie. At least Episode I tried to be original.
>>
>>63943031
>>63943040
we can only hope the next movie goes into more detail about him and why he suddenly decided to betray the Order. He could have just been lying his ass off to them so they'd help him/not hate him
>>
File: DVaVIyFAjoSl.jpg (56 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
DVaVIyFAjoSl.jpg
56 KB, 600x400
whelp, my thread's dying so I might as well post this here.

Did anyone else feel their relationships were rushed? It's the first movie, they don't already have to be buddy buddy or crying over each other possibly being dead

I don't know, Poe and FN knew each other for like 5 minutes and they already became best pals, I don't see why it would have been a bad idea to have both of them look for the droid on Jakku and meet with Rey and talk about going to the base of the Resistance with Finn still trying to back out before they got there...

Would have given more time to set up character relationships and not have them feel so forced. It's like the inverse of the relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan in Episode 2
>>
>>63943075
The proportions in this image aren't real are they?

;_;

I hope there are more realistic force sensitives in the movie. Actually I hope Finn is force sensitive. No more fucking savants like Rey.
>>
>Finn: manages to overcome his fears and ultimately do the right thing despite adversity
>Poe: Fails his mission. Through hardships he's faced he learns to lend his strengths as a pilot the best he can and trust in others as well.
>Kylo: Struggles with doubts related to the path he's chosen. Fears failure in his devotion to the darkside.
>Rey: Can do anything perfectly after about three tries. All the hardships she's had to face were products of her surroundings rather than her own personal flaws. Barely ever has to rely on another for help.
>>
>>63936108
the fact that the bowcaster shot a standard red bolt and not the classic charged up green shot seriously triggered me
>>
>>63941462
Must have missed that one. I assume she was just using the Force.
>>
>>63943277

Are you saying Rey is a ... Mary Sue?
>>
>>63943271
Yeah, it seemed really odd that Poe just happens to show up not dead and in an X-Wing on that random planet they were hiding on. what a fucking coincidence.
>>
>>63941954
>>63941954
>Anyone who didn't like the movie is autistic
>>
>>63943271
The pacing of the movie was atrocious. Everything felt rushed and extremely awkward.
>>
The final scene confused me. Weren't other people looking for Luke? They finally get that map and whatnot, but ONLY special snowflake Rey goes with Chewy and R2D2 for some reason, though they don't even bother leaving the ship.
>>
>>63935133
For me it was all the coincidences. I can obviously understand Rey finding BB-8, and then happening to run into Finn.. you'd think that would be enough for most films, but no, the Millennium Falcon just happens to be there? then Han and Chewie just suddenly find them? Rey just happening to find Luke's old lightsaber, on the very first planet they visit? Then add in the fact Leia suddenly appears, the whole starkiller base thing with Phasma and many, many more.

It's just all very contrived and down right insulting to your own intelligence. It's not a movie, it's a roller coaster ride. It's honestly more like star tours than star wars.
>>
People understanding droid speech.
>>
>>63936841
You think JJ had time to wait for a nice fucking sunset to happen? Just call in the chopper let's get this shit over with.
>>
>>63943462
This as well, it felt like everything happened in a single day. It felt like the timespan between Rey finding BB-8, to her fighting Kylo was less than 12 hours.
>>
The moment when Rey takes a break in the middle of a swordfight to meditate or whatever and suddenly gain the power to outskill a properly trained swordfighter.
>>
>>63944067
>a properly trained swordfighter.
Is he?
>>
>>63938185
If it ain't broke don't fix it
>>
>>63944251
compared to Rey? yes.
>>
>>63944251
In context, yes. He wasn't finished with his training, but given how he felt Luke's lightsaber was owed to him, it indicated that Luke had taught him plenty.
Also, he did kill the rest.
>>
File: big_1409277160_1382485907_image.jpg (109 KB, 1280x719) Image search: [Google]
big_1409277160_1382485907_image.jpg
109 KB, 1280x719
>>63935133
>why are you doing this are you part of the resistance or something?
>its just the right thing to do
>>
>it uses the power of the sun
>call it the sun
>they're just in a random star system
>not
>it uses the power of a star
Maybe they thought too many people would be confused that he said star when it shows it sucking up "the sun".
>>
>>63944320
We were shown that she was a capable melee fighter with the stick, handling other people attacking her in melee.
He smashed a console and killed a defenseless villager.
>>
>>63944322
From what I remember, they never actually explicitly state that he killed the rest. They mention a student turning to the dark side and betraying Luke, but never use a name.
>>
>>63944434
being proficient with a long staff does not necessarily translate into being proficient with a one-handed shortsword. two completely different styles.
>>
>>63944436
It SHOWED him killing them.
>>
>>63944434
A parentless child, that's grown up on a barren planet fighting trash

versus

The grandson of Darth Vader, trained by Luke skywalker, apprentice to Snoke, Leader of the knights of Ren and seemingly high up in command of the First Order. Let's also not forget the fact he massacred Luke's academy.
>>
File: 1403816006408.jpg (69 KB, 520x678) Image search: [Google]
1403816006408.jpg
69 KB, 520x678
>>63942255
>this video does not exist
>>
>>63944395
The sun is often used in reference to any systems star.
>>
File: Kylo.jpg (86 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
Kylo.jpg
86 KB, 720x960
>>63944436
>Kylo Ren betrayed the other Jedi Students studying with Master Luke Skywalker, and is responsible for their destruction.
>He has well earned the nickname 'Jedi Killer'
>>
>a planet that close to the sun is definitely getting destroyed
>a planet firing a laser that hot would definitely put the atmosphere on fucking fire
>after the sun was gone not a single thing should show up, it should be completely darkness and everyone should have died immediately of cold
>Leia did nothing, she just standed there in the base
>Kylo Ren was a faggot
>Captain Phasma did nothing at all, literally into the trash character, it only existed to sell toys

Fucking manchildren
>>
>>63944952
I wanted Phasma to be a dark trooper so bad.
>>
>>63944755
>trained by Luke skywalker
In sword fighting?
Yoda didn't train him in sword fighting, so I don't see why Luke would've trained Kylo in it.
He also made his own shitty lightsaber so he probably never got one from Luke, and he was probably not the only one of the students who didn't get one so slaughtering them after he made his own lightsaber was probably super easy.
>>
>in the florest Kylo Ren felt where Rey was
>in the ship he didn't felt her while she was using the force and during her escape
>rey using midntricks on literally the second time she used the force
>without even moving her fucking hands
>>
>>63945334
how did she even know about the jedi mind trick, let alone the fact that she could use it?
>>
>>63945555
She watched episode IV. Duh.
>>
>>63945555

I guess Luke trained her when she was a kig and her repressed memories came back a little bit, even though I fucking doubt Luke would teach mind tricks to kids, I would suposse that this is something that students learn only after they get really responsible
>>
>>63943354
you ever think it might be a different bow-caster? And that's why Han wants to try it out and see how good the new gun is?
>>
>>63945555
Once again, poor script writing. It's like they hired a bunch of 12 year olds to write it.
>>
File: sml_gallery_6695_85_12154.jpg (47 KB, 240x213) Image search: [Google]
sml_gallery_6695_85_12154.jpg
47 KB, 240x213
>>63945680
>>63945703
>>
>>63945804

On the Star Wars universe we call "convenience" the Force
>>
File: map.png (45 KB, 1062x621) Image search: [Google]
map.png
45 KB, 1062x621
The whole map thing annoyed me the most. Even if there were multiple planets in uncharted section they were missing...they didn't just send people out there to just...look?
>>
>>63945131
Yoda did train Luke in lightsaber combat, it's just not explicitly shown. Jedi's use lightsabers, so of course they're going to train in how to use one, it's just left to the viewers imagination.

This is why it's likely Kylo trained in saber combat as well, to believe otherwise would be ignorant.
>>
>>63946108

I like how the uncharted section was pretty close to the middle of the galaxy and literally shaped like a puzzle piece.
>>
>>63946108
Well you know, the galaxy is a big place, there's probably like 10 billion star systems in that space.
>>
>>63945920
No,
No we do not.

But I'm happy you're honest about it J.J.
>>
>>63944395
There is more than 1 sun, friend

Another planet could have their own sun, which would be a sun, or 'the sun' over there
>>
>>63945920
the force doesn't work like that.
>>
>r2 is sad because no luke
>no bb8, leave him alone
Bb8 had the missing map part since they got to the base and yet r2 awakens in the end
>>
>>63946142
>it's just not explicitly shown
Your head canon is not important.

>Jedi's use lightsabers, so of course they're going to train in how to use one
The most extensive force training we see is with Yoda and not once does Yoda whip out his lightsaber to spar with Luke.
At one point Yoda tells him that he won't need his weapons when entering the cave.

Makes perfect sense for Luke to be even more careful with lightsabers and his new students knowing how dangerous the dark side is.
>>
One last thing you guys, is it canon that X-Wings can travel faster than lights? Because I always tought that they were like jets, to defend planets, moons and shit. I mean how much fuel can those things carry?
>>
>>63946662
Have you seen the OT for fucks sake?
>>
>>63936119
Do you two shit post on /tv/ together?
>>
>>63946662
did you miss the part in empire where luke takes his x-wing from hoth to dagobah?
>>
>>63946700
>>63946738

Oh yeah I didn't watched the OT. Damn, X-Wings are really convenient I guess
>>
>>63946816
>Oh yeah I didn't watched the OT.
what the fuck
>>
>>63946545
Eh, maybe it's just me, but I would expect a space faring civilization to refer to a star as a star, especially when that word in in the title of the movie.

Hell, they missed a big chance there. Han could have been all like, "It uses the power of a star. To wage war. A Star War."
>>
>>63935133
when jj kike gets cancer and dies it will be a good day.
>>
>>63946633
This is like saying Luke never eats, or takes a shit because you don't see it in the movie. He's training to be a Jedi, of course he's going to train in how to use a saber. It's illogical to think not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQEiNJnkQAw&feature=youtu.be&t=8m45s
>>
>>63947017
8:45 btw
>>
WHY WERE THERE NO TWI'LEKS IN THIS MOVIE??
>>
Jar Jar Abrams really is a lot like his namesake. He does to Star Wars as a director, what Jar Jar Binks does to Star Wars as a character.
>>
>>63947097

There were not Hutts either.
>>
>>63943410

Yeah, surely it had nothing to do with the fact that someone on-screen notified the resistance of BB-8's presence on Takodana and BB was holding one of the most sought-after pieces of information in the galaxy and Poe is the best pilot in the resistance and the resistance would do anything to recover that chip.
>>
>>63935133
he looks like a Costanza/Elaine hybrid
especially on a phone
>>
>>63935640
This. Bravo jj abrams
>>
>>63936468
This it's amazing really

Jj confirmed for next gore verbinski
>>
>>63939805
This

Spaceship designs were worse than marvel.
>>
>>63943031
Yes. That was weak sauce
>>
>>63945722
Jj will over rule scripting for the "its cool" or "pomo with Barb" every single time.

He's proved it in like nearly 1 billion dollars worth of movies.

Think about that. 1 billion dollars down his gullet.
>>
>>63935133
why is star wars full of humans at least star trek was more diverse
>>
>>63949487
Empire killed all the aliens
>>
>>63946885
If that line had been in the movie it would have been corny and stupid as fuck, no offense.

A star is a star and they refer to them as stars. If you see the sun setting on a planet you aren't going to call it a starset. That just sounds like retarded sci-fi jargon. The star that provides light for a given planet is its sun. That applies in the movie and in real life.
>>
>>63935133
>This lightsaber has the same momentum a steel claymore would.
Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.