[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Jedi's must train from an extremely young age >It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 16
File: Feminazi dream.jpg (250 KB, 768x431) Image search: [Google]
Feminazi dream.jpg
250 KB, 768x431
>Jedi's must train from an extremely young age
>It takes years and years to learn how to master the force
>This fully grown bitch masters the force in seconds after only finding out about it an hour ago and beats a highly skilled sith apprentice.

Also the whole "I'M AN STRONG, INDEPENDENT WOMAN!" role rammed down our throats was extremely off putting.

Good one, Disney.
>>
You fucking retard, Luke learns how to use the force quickly too.
>>
>>63934786
It takes him three movies to successfully beat Darth Vader and to be confident in his own abilities.

It takes Rey a mere 1 hour to become SUPER STRUNK WIMMIN WHO CAN EASILY DEFEAT CIS WHITE SITH SCUM
>>
>>63934786
He doesn't learn to properly use it until RotJ. He's even still shit with it when Yoda is training him.

She didn't even know what the force was an hour before/.
>>
>>63934786
yes but luke is literally jesus, which apparently counts for less then shit since hes not a minority or a woman according to the hack known as J.J. Abrams.
literally a failure in everything hes done, and he never even properly killed the empire.
>>
I bet Rey will defeat Snoke in a blink of an eye. She'll tumble and act dramatic to give audiences their money's worth, but she's only fooling around. Snoke's a dead man.
>>
>>63934866
>It takes Rey a mere 1 hour to become SUPER STRUNK WIMMIN WHO CAN EASILY DEFEAT CIS WHITE SITH SCUM

Well actually she defeats a scrawny kike edgelord.
>>
>>63934866
And Ren is nowhere near Vaders level. The movie makes the point that he is unstable and unsure multiple times.

Did you even watch the flim?
>>
>>63934642
She only won because kylo took a bowcaster shot otherwise she would have got owned. The Independent woman crap was annoying. You don't need to try to make a statement about it just be one.
>>
>>63934940
>Well actually she defeats a scrawny kike edgelord.
Who happens to have training. Who knows how many years. Snoke wants to "complete it" so he's most likely in it deep.

>>63934949
I'm not comparing him to Vader... I know he wants to be Vader and isn't. My point is that he has training and Rey doesn't. If anything, her ass should've been a snow shovel, just like Finn.
>>
>>63934642
"Jedi's".
bait.
>>
>>63934939
Snoke is a manlet, she'll sit on his little ass regardless
>>
>>63935110
I say we should skip Episode VIII: The Blacked Strikes Back and just end it already. It's pretty obvious who will win and who will receive the BBC.
>>
>>63935054
>My point is that he has training and Rey doesn't. If anything, her ass should've been a snow shovel, just like Finn.

Even Finn got a hit on him. At the time he was fucked emotionally. He killed his dad, something he wasn't 100% sure he even wanted to do. Plus Chewie shot him with that gun that was blowing storm troopers up.

He was completely fucked up mentally and physically. Rey beating him makes full sense.
>>
>>63934786
He learns how to tap in to his intuition and begins to anticipate/feel his way through situations. He doesn't just "all of a sudden" master the force.

>Obi-Wan uses a jedi mind trick in Ep IV. He transcends violence/physical threats as a consequence of his MASTERY of the force
>Luke doesn't do this until the beginning of Jedi. It's used to show how far he has come over the course of the series.
>Rey goes from being aware of her force powers to pulling off the mindtrick in the span of, what, 30 minutes in movie time?

>Luke pulls a light saber out of the snow in Ep V. this is used to show his development between films.
>Rey pulls it off no problem in Ep VII

>Han has problems with the Falcon pretty much 24/7
>Rey masters flying, repairing and modifying the ship in less than a day

They EXPLICITLY have her one-up every other character.

>>63934949
So the writers, even after deciding to make Rey perfect, also decided to handicap the villain just to make sure she came out victorious? How does that not prove the mary sue point even more?
>>
>>63935110

Snoke: Oh ya grind that ass

Rey: Snoke your soo bad "giggle".
>>
>>63935202
also ren was a weak piece of shit with an inferiority complex bc vader was his superior by miles.
>>
>>63934993
>You don't need to try to make a statement about it just be one.

I wish more people understood this.
>>
>>63935202
>Even Finn got a hit on him. At the time he was fucked emotionally. He killed his dad, something he wasn't 100% sure he even wanted to do. Plus Chewie shot him with that gun that was blowing storm troopers up.
>He was completely fucked up mentally and physically.
Seems like you're just pulling crap out of your ass to justify Mary Sue's victory. Finn would've knocked him to the ground too had that been the case.

>Rey beating him makes full sense.
JJ, is that you?
>>
File: 1446913164099.png (136 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1446913164099.png
136 KB, 512x512
>>63934949

no, he's just here to shitpost

>>63934642

prequels ain't canon mi familia
>>
>>63935296
>Finn would've knocked him to the ground too had that been the case.
Finn isn't force sensitive. Why would he?

Even Rey was on the defensive for the fight like Finn until she started tapping into the force more.
>>
>>63934642

That's a prequel concept you underage faggot. Luke blew up the Death Star without any training at all because he's strong in the force.
>>
>>63935224
>They EXPLICITLY have her one-up every other character.

That was my problem. I really liked her back-and-forth with Han and I loved the idea of her as the next Han Solo, but then when they revealed she was force-sensitive, it came off as some fanfic author's self-insert character. Like she's an extremely talented pilot, mechanic, and Force user. With no flaws.

Although we do know what eventually happened to the last extremely talented pilot, mechanic, and Force user...
>>
>>63934642
>masters the force in seconds

shit that didn't happen - the thread
>>
>>63935345
>>63935393
Yoda says it to Luke in the original trilogy as well you plebs.
>>
>>63935393
all because he's strong in the force.

Yeah, maybe because he's the son of the fucking chosen one.

But I'm sure they'll make Mary Sue his son or some cop-out shit.
>>
>character is such a Mary Sue, she's even immune to real world criticism
BRAVO JJ
>>
>>63934642
I really just assumed Luke, and Kylo fucking sucked.
Ben trained under a guy who never finished his training, Luke's idea of the force and it's use is waaaaaay off.

Let's consider guys like Mace Dindu and StarKiller who can levitate hundreds of tons with the force and then there is Luke and Kylo Ren who get an aneurysm before they can lift anything bigger than a crate , and that's just for a second there. They cannot even lift a lightsaber without them really trying.

I say the prequels ruined a lot of stuff because Yoda was supposed to be real cool because he could lift an entire X-Wing, and that was way impressive, then we got Mace lifting soldiers and vehicles around, and Starkiller bench pressing an IMPERIAL CARRIER.

But okay let's get that shit out of the way and just count EP IV through VII.
Yoda could still lift a X-wing, Luke could not grab a lightsaber that was a mere foot out of his hand reach without concentrating real hard.

Luke sucked, Kylo Ren was a huge dork, and an edgy cunt under a terrible teacher. It is not surprising that an orphan girl on her own would be better suited on the use of the force than those two idiots.
>>
>>63934786
Yeah No, Luke takes all of two plus years to face Vader and at the very least, manage to keep the dark lord from trumping him. It took him that amount of time to learn Jedi mind trick and in Empire, he took all of two minutes to pull a saber to his hand.

Mary Sue Rey mastered all Force abilities in seconds. She sees the force move something and suddenly she's pulling objects from Kylo? Luke saw a X wing lifted from a body of water, which did fuck all for him when he faced Vader.
>>
I don't understand how any of you care about Rey as a character. I was too busy getting hard to her meaty calves and her exposed shoulders. And when you caught just a glimpse of axilla? Fucking heaven m8.
>>
>>63934642
>prequels
>canon
>>
>>63935625
>StarKiller
No longer canon.
>>
EU fanfags who haven't even seen the movie yet to see Rey say "naw force sucks"
>>
>i'm going to go out on a limb here and tell this storm trooper to let me go
>wew it worked
>>
She knew how to use that stick
>>
>>63935679
see
>>63935491
>>
>>63934949
And yet he stops a bolt in mid air an ability that would have saved several jedi Masters who died during AOTC and ROTS not to mention countless other knights who was overwhelmed. But none of them, not even Vader, stopped a bolt in mid air.

none of them used telepathy to interrogate anyone but Kylo did.
>>
>>63935749
>what are Jedi legends
>>
>>63935491

Because Yoda doesn't want to train him. He's making excuses to Obi Wan.

Also Luke still learns the ways of the force regardless, so even if there were some ritual age limit, it's rendered pointless.
>>
>>63935393
NO, Obi wan spoke to him and told him to trust the force, much like he did when he closed the helmet blaster shield. Luke simply did the very same thing, OBI WAN ENCOURAGED HIM TO TRUST THE FORCE TO AIDE HIM IN WHEN TO FIRE. it's not like he held the fucking lasers in his mind with the force and guided them down the fucking chute.. He kept missing because the targeting computer couldn't compensate for the speed and trajectory whereas the Force told him exactly when to fire the fucking bolts, that's it.

Rey out force an active force user in minutes for no good reason at all other than disney attempt to get girls to become fans of their new cash cow.

George's delivery of the Prequels were atrocious but everything was fucking believable. Disney produces a technically masterfully done film that has a shitty plot, a fuck tonne of plot holes, and the most powerful force user of all time in Mary Sue Rey.
>>
>>63935470
That is exactly what happened. She had barely heard of the concept when she overpowered a Sith apprentice and then learned to use a Force technique she at best had HEARD OF and controlled a Stormtrooper. It took Luke three movies and 4-6 years to get that far.
>>
>>63935941
I mean it's not like Luke got his ass handed to him by Vader or anything or that it took over a year before he was able to face Vader again.
>>
>>63934642
Please include Star Wars in these kinds of posts so that my filter catches it.
>>
>>63935770
>actually comparing pseudo Sith Lord scrawny Jew kid with one of the most powerful sith/jedi in the whole series

PLEASE kill yourself
>>
>>63935393
Luke was a pilot, always had been. Rey had never piloted anything in her life but suddenly knows how to fly and fix the falcon. She also is a master of combat, able to speak a million languages, masters the force within hours after finding out what the force is, e.t.c.
I liked the movie, but Rey was a huge marysue and it was blantaly obvious that the writers were afraid to make her seem weak at all because SJWs would attack due to "there is a weak feminine woman in the movie this IS NOT OKAY"
>>
>>63936088
>Filtering all Star Wars post

So you're basically staring at an empty board?
>>
>>63934642

Girls develop faster than boys.
>>
KYLO REN DIDN'T EVEN FINISH TRAINING BEFORE HE EMOED OUT. FFS HE CAN'T EVEN MAKE A PROPER LIGHTSABER.

STOP WITH THIS "SUPER TRAINED SITH LORD" MEME
>>
>>63934642
She has an extremely high midichlorian count
>>
>>63936176

Maybe we should revisit that age of consent then teehee
>>
>>63936190
THEN WHY IN THE VERY FIRST SCENE IS HE SHOWN AS SOME POWERFUL SITH LORD
Its fucking retarded ffs
Stick to one script, ether he's a whiney little weak jew faggot or he's this badass sith with strong force powers.
>>
>implying a woman needs to use the force to force her will upon a man

Also this Rey hating is just.
>>
File: fbi init.jpg (134 KB, 1366x728) Image search: [Google]
fbi init.jpg
134 KB, 1366x728
>>63936264
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 523x283) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 523x283
>>63934642
Did you not get that she has been trained already, mind wiped, and abandoned?

I'm as anti-feminist as they come, and even I thought it was obvious.
>>
>>63936425

>>63928188

Join the master race.
>>
>>63936397
>those tabs
every fucking time
>>
>>63936307
>what is depth of character
He is powerful, but he's also conflicted, unsure of himself or his actions (at least in regards to his family), and emotionally unstable.
>>
>>63936425
>IT'S OKAY SHE IS THE BEST EVER CAUSE SHE WAS TRAINED!

That is stupid and you know it. You don't use 'training' as an excuse for the ability to be better than everyone at everything and have zero flaws.

People shat over aniken for being DA BEST PILOT, DA BEST FORCE USER, DA BEST JEDI, DA BEST SITH, and people are doing the same for Rey.

It has nothing to do with male, female, boy, girl, or anything. It's boring characters with no flaws who remove the tension from everything

>'Oh shit, it's Kylo. He is fucking pissed and working himself into a frezy, this is gonna be great, I wonder how Rey is going to get out of this. Maybe she'll do something clever, or get saved o-'
>'Oh, she just literally beat him in a one on one fight. Okay. Nevermind. I guess she is stronger than him already. Why is he a villain again?'
>>
>>63936307
Because that's the fucking persona he was trying to project.

Did you even watch the movie you absolute brain dead retard?

The whole point of his character was for us to initially think that he's some super strong Sith Lord, but as the movie goes on we realize that he's just a wannabe kid who's throws temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way.

Did you literally miss the scene where Rey says Kylo is all angsty because he'll never be as strong as Darth Vader?
>>
>>63935224
It's just regular power creep. The stuff that came off as cool and powerful in 1977 would have looked old and boring in 1999, so instead of an old man and a robot stumbling around each other slowly and yoda pulling an X-wing halfway out of a swamp, you get Obi Wan and Anakin flipping around like spastics and Yoda and the Emperor throwing hover chairs at each other.

Continuing the trend, we saw more powerful force use and saber fighting in the prequel trilogy, so to keep the audience interested they creep things up a little more and have the protagonist start out powerful. This way they have somewhere to grow from, instead of just showing the audience the same thing they've seen in the six other films.
>>
>>63936307
What showed him as a very powerful sith lord exactly? Cutting down an old man?
And for fuck's sake, he s no sith, dark side user isnt automatically a sith
>>63936151
Both Rey and Luke are shown to pilot exactly 0 ships in their respective movies, they are both only said to be good pilots.
>>63934642
She has beaten an injured and exhausted undercooked apprentice who most probably never fought against someone with lightsaber ever before, big deal.
>>
>>63936307
>WHY IN THE VERY FIRST SCENE IS HE SHOWN AS SOME POWERFUL SITH LORD
Against who? Some fucking sand villagers and one pilot?
>>
>>63934642
How about you wait for the twist in the next movie before you troll us you nigger OP
>>
>>63935638
>Luke takes all of two plus years to face Vader

Yeah, it's Darth Fucking Vader, one of the most potentially powerful Sith in history. The fact that two years of training was enough for a MOISTURE FARMER to last ten seconds head to head with Vader shows that sometimes talent goes a long way.
>>
>>63934642
>>Jedi's must train from an extremely young age

Luke didn't.

>>This fully grown bitch masters the force in seconds after only finding out about it an hour ago and beats a highly skilled sith apprentice.

She doesn't master it, she does one mind trick and beats the world's worst sith apprentice who's walking around with the sci-fi equivalent of a bullet wound.
>>
>>63934642

>This fully grown bitch masters the force in seconds after only finding out about it an hour ago and beats a highly skilled sith apprentice.

This part is wrong. She's been staff fighting for many years, which was obviously set up when we see her taking on the two thugs

>Muh strong independent woman meme

While that complaint does apply to garbage like Jessica Jones, it doesn't work here.
>>
>>63936921
Stop replying and posting in these threads man. You know they are just baiting us.
>>
>>63936907
>The fact that two years of training was enough for a MOISTURE FARMER to last ten seconds head to head with Vader shows that sometimes talent goes a long way.

Vader was just toying with him, though. He wanted to take him alive. Just look at 3:17 in the video, he could have easily walked up and chopped his head off but instead he just sits back and throws stuff at Luke for about a minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-DeI3ohVbY

Unless you're talking about Episode VI? I was never really sure how much time passed in between the movies.
>>
>>63936917
>beats the world's worst sith apprentice

Let's make the villain a laughable imbecile!

And they said they kept nothing from the prequels.
>>
>>63936921
>it doesn't work here

Are you serious? It was shoved down your throat so many times.

>Nig runs over to help her but she's so easily beating up the big men
>"I don't NEED you to hold my hand you CIS scum, I can run"
>"THAT'S RIGHT I CAN FLY A SHIP EVEN THOUGH I'M A WOMAN!"
>>
>>63937073
He's not "the villain", he's the villain's lapdog. If Snoke is Captain Hook, then Kylo Ren is Smee.
>>
>>63937079
>>"I don't NEED you to hold my hand you CIS scum, I can run"
>>"THAT'S RIGHT I CAN FLY A SHIP EVEN THOUGH I'M A WOMAN!"

I thought that was just JJ's way of making Rey insufferable and arrogant.
>>
>>63934642
fuck you and fuck the prequels
>>
>>63934642
She is literally Anakin and Luke remade as a girl.

master mechanic with pilot insticnts, force sensitive young adult past training age.

Luke is Obi Wan

it's fucking pathetic.
>>
>>63934642

you're a fucking idiot. you're idea of jedi training comes from the vaginal discharge that is the star wars prequels. luke was able to use the force with barely no training. OP is an autist neckbeard that is afraid of women.
>>
>>63937186

my sentiments too anon

my first thought when i read this.
>>
>>63937073
every proper Sith lord in the SW universe has to get fucked up/maimed somehow. Kylo can't be like Vader till he gets dunked on and has robot parts put in him.
>>
>>63937192
>Luke appears for 30 seconds at the end of the film, does nothing, reveals nothing
>"LITERALLY OBI WAN"
>>
>>63937194
>you're idea of jedi training
>you are idea of jedi training
>you're

Yoda says it in the originals you Reddit pleb.
>>
>>63937276
I think he means he'll have the same role as Obi Wan did in the originals. Train her for a bit then die.
>>
JJ AND DISNEY DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE PREQUELS AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU

Only the Original Films matter, and Luke uses the force to blow up the death star.
>>
This should tell you something about Rey. She'll grow to be one of the most powerful force users of all time.
>>
File: 1388190001049.jpg (42 KB, 190x179) Image search: [Google]
1388190001049.jpg
42 KB, 190x179
>>63936657
>third person to attack him
>knocks him on his ass by using magic powers

>stronger than him
>>
>>63937278

and yoda must of really been right seeing as how luke was barely done with training before he went and faced vader for the first time and went to jabba's palace as a badass. go back to reddit.
>>
>>63937349
YODA FUCKING SAYS THIS IN EMPIRE YOU FUCKING KNOB.
>>
>>63937265
I want to see a scene where Kylo intentionally starts fucking up his own body with his lightsaber and his force powers, so he has to get metal implants like Vader. It'd be really neat.
>>
>>63937416

YODA WAS FUCKING WRONG IN EMPIRE YOU FUCKING KNOB.
>>
>>63937388
>agree i'm right
>go back to reddit.

What?
>>
>>63937478

tell that to kanjiklub
>>
Guys stop spreading this nonsense that she is a Mary Sue! It's the current year!

http://io9.gizmodo.com/please-stop-spreading-this-nonsense-that-rey-from-star-1749134275
>>
if we’re going to accept that Finn can also wield a lightsaber with such competence AND have the best aim of any Stormtrooper to ever exist, then the “Rey as Mary Sue” argument falls incredibly flat.
>>
>>63934940
kylo is weak as fuck? are you retarded? that nigger with no force skills almost beat him down. dont give me shit about o kylo was hurt shit. he was fine and had full use of the force. he could have force pushed that nigger to death and he didn't kylo confirmed pleb.
>>
>>63937416
Are you referring to this in question?

>Yoda: He is too old. Yes, too old to begin the training.

Because Yoda changes his mind 3 lines later. Luke besides a hour or two of quick training with Obi-Wan blows up the Death Star and force grabs his lightsaber in the Wampa cave in Empire.

Rey is strong but she's not ridiculous in VII, fact is she beat a wounded Ren in battle.
>>
It is established that Rey knows about the stories of Luke Skywalker and the Force. This could and probably does explain how she knew what the Jedi Mind Trick is, and why she was unsuccessful at it on her first try on the stormtrooper.

Everytime she has an interaction with Kylo Ren she learns how he uses the Force. Like when Kylo is trying to get information out of her, she fights back after she understands what he is doing.

If you re-watch her fight against a twice injured (Chewbacca and Finn) Kylo Ren she is running away pretty much the whole time and only beats him when she remember what Maz said about using the Force. Also, if we remember Kylo Ren's character he is basically a poser and not as menacing or strong as we thought he was going into the movie. Snoke even says that Kylo's training is not complete.

As many others have theorized, we do not know what her past is and it is possible she had training in the Force when she was young. This is further evidenced by Snoke and Kylo Ren both being surprised when they hear about a girl who is strong in the Force. The Force Awakens in Rey, hence during her flashback after she touches Luke's lightsaber and you can hear Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan saying "These are your first steps..."

Are these things solidly explained in the movie? No, it takes some further thinking which sort of exposes the weakness in the writing of the movie and less about the believability of Rey's learning of the Force. Let's also not forget that by the end of A New Hope, Luke can use the Force to guide an X-wing blast down a hole to blow up the Death Star.
>>
AND HERE WE GO AGAIN
remember Chewbacca's gun, yeah! The gun wich killed 3 stormtroopers in one shot.
Well, i don't know, but if i were kylo ren, i wouldn't be able to fight very well...
And also, she picked up a fucking lightsaber, wooow, big deal...
>>
Kylo is Leias son, he's strong with the force but not as strong as Luke's child would be by logic of reasoning. Luke is the strongest Jedi ever, the equivalent of Space Jesus, so Rey by proxy of being his daughter is far stronger and more naturally inclined than Kylo is. Not to mention he's a sperg beta jewboy faggot fanboy who was blasted in the stomach by something that sent a heavily armored Storm trooper flying. He also hasn't even been fully trained. For all we know Rey was trained by her father, Luke, and had her memories wiped once Kylo pulled a space Columbine for her safety. It could just be flooding back to her after Anakins lightsaber called out to her (because she's next in line and a true Skywalker). This doesn't make he a Mary Sue, it just makes her a real Skywalker with real force strength like her father and her fucking Chosen One grandfather. As far as her knowing how to pilot and shit, the force directly influences shit like that whether the user knows it or not. Also fucking Anakin BUILT C 3PO at like 7 years old get the fuck over it they're Skywalkers
>>
>> 63937890 oh, and anger make force user's stronger (like when luke defeated Vader)
>>
And for those who have used the argument that Luke lost to Darth Vader in his first fight, Darth Vader is Space Jesus while Kylo Ren is a whiny pussy baby apprentice.
>>
>>63936044

Yeah, a year of not training with Yoda. During which he mastered the force anyway.

Are you trying to make a point? How does that support the idea that jedi have to be trained from birth?
>>
>>63936104
You see when J. J. pulled that scene of Kylo stopping a bolt in mid air he set a very high fucking precedence never seen before in any of the movies. especially when said ability would have been paramount during the Genosis shit and the final of the three. None of them ever used telepathic interrogation not even Lord Vader on Leia and yet, Kylo can do it, until of Course he was out did by, MARY SUE REY!
>>
Well who has Kylo Ren fought against? He can user the force well, but who has he fought that was anywhere close to his level? He already killed all the Jedi kids when he was young so it's not like he has been fighting any Jedi in the past 20~ years.
>>
>>63938182
>MARY SUE REY
I prefer the name Mare-Rey Sue
>>
>>63934786
No he doesnt, he's a complete fucktard up until ep 3
>>
>>63938191
And Rey is dueling dark Jedi every day.
>>
>>63936014
Ren accidentally taught her how to do it, were you not watching
>>
>>63938177
>mastered

he didn't master shit, he was at the level of green jedi knight

he still got BTFO by vader until he tapped into the dark side
>>
>>63938517
so what? shes a super prodigy? is she the new person thats gonna bring balance to the force now?
>>
>>63938516
She got to fight a fucked up shitty Kylo Ren on her first try who she couldn't even fight against for more than 2 seconds before running away until she tapped into the Force
>>
>>63938543
She probably is a prodigy, but don't consider learning a psychic force power the same as a test you need to study for years to pass. He tried to get in her mind and in resisting she realized she could do it too and figured out he's a vader fanboy.
>>
Why are so many retards missing all of her flashbacks. She was clearly on a water planet, she clearly saw kylo ren killing people. we saw lukes hand on R2, we saw her dropped off on Jakku with a ship taking off into space. We have clear evidence she was trained by luke as a child and luke left her in the hands of the jew alien.

Her flash backs even showed her crying as a kid. She likely had her memory wiped by luke but at least we know she was incontact with Luke and the jedi academy early from blatant flash backs she had during the movie.
>>
Did everyone forget when Snoke said for Kylo Ren to bring Rey to him alive? Why does everyone forget this?
>>
in the dramatic light saber fight you finally realize this shit is just harry potter with a star wars mod and much less charimg.
>>
>Beats an extremely emotional and injured crybaby
>Fended on her own for years with a metal staff, pretty good with it
>More than likely a member of the academy Kylo fucked up/Lukes Daughter anyway
>>
>>63934642
>what is a prodigy
>>
>>63937906
>This doesn't make he a Mary Sue

Yes it does you stupid faggot.

>I HAD THE BEST TRAINING EVERY BY SPACE JESUS SO I AM SPACE JESUS II EVEN STRONGER EDITION AND NOW CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT I AM SO STRONG AND POWERFUL

She has zero flaws and does everything better than everyone. She is a Mary Sue. It doesn't matter that she might have had training and then it was wiped from her memory, it still makes her a Mary Sue.

A Mary Sue has nothing to do with the reason behind power or ability, it is having it and now flaws. She could be a literal goddess reincarnated into the body of a 7/10 at best chick, still makes her a Mary Sue.
>>
>>63938177
>>63938177
NO, Yoda showed him a few things and he, over time, did those things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. You know, he, using the directions of the Greatest Jedi Ever, did those very same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, until after a long year he went on to make a green light saber which signified his compency as a Knight. Whereas Mary Sue Rey had none and did none of the above.

>>63938325
Mare-Rey Sue it is. good call sir.
>>
>and beats a highly skilled sith apprentice.
the whole point of kylo ren's character is that he is all talk and can't back it up cause he's a little bitch
>>
>>63934642

>totally ignores the blood line she belongs to

Its like being born into wealth. She just has it. She is a descendant of legends.
>>
>>63937265
fuaaark kylo ren better be a proper badass for ep. 8. gnarly scar across his face and cybernetic enhancements from rey's violent rape, new weapon since his old presumably was destroyed (?), training completed and a real fucking grudge against the nobody that whooped his ass and left him cold and naked in the snow; suck my dick you idiot
>>
I feel like if they didn't have KR stopping the bullet at the beginning we wouldn't have so many people on message board mistaking him for a 'highly skilled sith apprentice'. The subplot of him being a wimp in a homemade vader haloween costume is so obvious.
>>
>>63939078
i swear to god people on this board are so fucking dumb
>>
>>63935054
>I'm not comparing him to Vader
>It takes him three movies to successfully beat Darth Vader
>It takes Rey a mere 1 hour to become SUPER STRUNK WIMMIN WHO CAN EASILY DEFEAT CIS WHITE SITH SCUM

lol sure thing bro
>>
She was obviously channeling Luke via the force to defeat Kylo
>>
>>63934786
Copy-paste from other thread

>Luke
Got rekt by the tusken raiders, needed Obi Wan to save him
Nearly got killed by the men in the cantina, need Obi Wan to save him
Needed Leia and Han to cover his ass constantly during the rescue mission, which ended up being a clusterfuck
Screwed up deflecting blaster bolts while Obi Wan was training him, never actually does that until 2 movies later
Rarely uses his lightsaber at all
Initially annoyed Han and Leia with his naivete and innocence
Needed R2 to save him from being crushed by the trash compactor
Needs Obi Wan to protect him from Vader
Needs Han to save him during the trench run from Vader
Pilots competently, doesn't do anything the other rebel pilots can't do (except aim the torpedo)
Uses the force once

>Rey
Beats up four guys by herself
Skilled marksman
Skilled mechanic
Knows more about the Millennium Falcon than Han and Chewie, who piloted and repaired it for years
Can pilot the Millennium Falcon by herself competently enough to outmaneuver two TIE fighters, even though it requires two pilots
Gets kidnapped once, saves herself
Is better at using the Force than Kylo, who trained under Luke for years
Is instantly knowledgeable about probing minds, telekinesis, and using Jedi mindtricks
Instantly skilled at using a lightsaber
Has super saiyan jedi mode, which no other jedi has ever used in the movies
May have possibly learned all of this at the ripe young age of 4, depending on her backstory
Instantly liked by everyone
Instantly trusted by the Resistance to go on a mission to find Luke, even though they barely knew her
>>
>>63938977
yes, he's the little bitch that used more force ability than Vader ever did namely stopping bolts in the air and using telepathy to interrogate people, something Vader would have used on Leia were he able to do so.
>>
You guys are really upset that women are now getting written like male characters.
>>
>>63939587
>May have possibly learned all of this at the ripe young age of 4, depending on her backstory
It might be a stretch but I think she learned all of this by readying kylo's mind while he was trying to read hers. At the same time that she realizes he's affraid, she realized what jedi powers can do.
>>
>>63939637
lol dude if they had the CGI capabilities in the OT that they have now vader would be like a super saiyan jedi

the whole point of showing him stopping the laser bullet was to say "ooo see he's a motherfucking badass" until you get to the end of the movie and realize he isn't much of a badass after all
>>
>>63939642
I know this is bait but damn color me rustled. You do know though that every male character had to earn their hero'ness. You know this, yeah? but you're a troll though so nothing you say serves any other purpose than to rustle people, and as i wrote earlier, consider me rustled.
>>
Who would've thought that the problem with this new Star Wars movie would be the Stronk Wimmyn and not the nigger?

Looks like /pol/ was wrong again.
>>
>>63934786
Luke didn't use a Jedi mind trick 20 minutes after finding out he was forced sensitive. Hell, did Luke ever use that power at all?!
>>
>>63934786
Luke trained with Yoda probably for several weeks, and still got his shit slapped by Vader with ease!
>>
>>63939818
that's not so, it was never written or implied so it never happened. they had enough power of film making for the emperor's lighting so no, that's not true. Kylo is a bad ass force user who has abilities no one else has, until he was Mare-Rey Sue.
>>
File: image.jpg (281 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
281 KB, 1920x816
>>63940003
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 268x284) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 268x284
>>63934642
>high skilled sith apprentice
>>
>>63940065
You can't compare Vader with that little whiny bitch Kylo.
>>
>>63936190
He fuckig murdered everyone at Luke's academy and stopped blaster fire in mid-air, he's strong as fuck and a murder machine.
>>
>>63939909
John Bazinga had a smaller role than expected. Combined with his shit acting and child bearer's hips, it's just pathetic.
>>
>>63940115
we could argue all day about the CGI capabilities but are you really trying to say kylo ren is stronger than vader?
>>
>>63940240
>stopped blaster fire in mid-air
why is everyone making a big deal of this?
just asking i dont get it
>>
>>63934642
>>63934866

You faggots are just as bad as those feminazis that read shit into everything.
>>
>>63934642
Luke was deflecting lasers with a saber within 5 minutes of training.

Kylo Ren is not proven to be a good sword fighter, unless you think it takes skill to wreck furniture.
>>
>>63940240
Stopping a single laser bolt might be super easy. Yoda lifting the X Wing implies that easy/hard doesn't really factor in to force telekinesis.

School shooting don't take skill, so killing Luke's students doesn't prove Kylo is a good fighter at all.
>>
>>63940630

Luke got his ass zapped
>>
>>63940630
Considering he was capable of stopping a blaster shot, and holding it in mid-air while casually going about his business, and then flinging it later, he has an absurd amount of force control.

He could have just force-crushed Findu AND Rey without even getting into the saber swinging aspects. It was poorly thought out. If they 2v1'd him it would have been better.
>>
>>63940266
Vader never stopped no bolt in mid air and had to depend on an interrogation droid on Leia so yeah, I'm saying Kylo was a bit more advanced with force ability than Vader was.
>>
Its seems like all the people who apologise for this movie didn't even see it.
I see the excuse of Ren being shot and "emotionally conflicted" and i don't think people that apologise with that in mind seen the movie. Its in the frame when they establish Kylo's powers being able to do all sorts of menacig shit with force and yet it is completely ignored in the movie. Like the fights starts with him force pushing the girl into orbit and yet he has troubles pulling the sword out of the snow, he jumps around and does all this whacky ninja shit like his wounds and empotionas are not even a thing and yet he can't defeat a single dude that uses lightsaber like a basebal bat. IN FACT he bumps his fist on his wound to make him stronger, so his wouund only made him stronger and same goes to "emotional conflict" - if you go with context of the OT he should have been stronger with the dark side.

The movie does a lot of this shit - establishing stuff and completely ignore later.
>>
>>63934642
the worst thing about her was the fucking falcon scene for me
she literally flips it over and turns off the engine in the most perfect angle so finn can get a shot off with the broken cannon.

So this implies that
>she knows the exact angle of the broken gun,
>the exact location of the pursuing tie fighter, >how to jumpstart a freefalling falcon,
>and knows exactly where she needs to flip the damn thing so that finn can get a shot off. it

it was a ludicrous scene and made me say what out loud in the theater
>>
>>63939008
The cybernetic stuff actually made vader weaker than he would've been.
>>
>>63934642
OP, prequel logic is gone
>>
>>63934866

It takes him 3 movies to beat the best force user of the franchise who trained his entire life.

You just proved the other guys point you faggot.
>>
File: nuh uh.png (49 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
nuh uh.png
49 KB, 1000x1000
>mfw when watching her "gain the Force"
>in moments can do mind tricks
>in a few hours can stop a guy who can stop blaster shots in midair
I was high as fuck watching it and I thought it was bullshit.
Give me a fucking break, JJ.
>>
>>63940892
And then everyone told you "Shut up you autistic cunt we are trying to watch the movie", and then you went home and cried to your parents and then went on here to shitpost.
>>
>>63940630
If you're talking about the training on the Falcon, no. For all we knew, it takes days to travel by hyperspace.
>>
>>63940317
Because it's never been done before and Ren has the ability to freeze people in their tracks with the Force. It just makes the whole thing about Rey beating him even more unrealistic(and yes I know this is a fantasy sci-fi)
>>
If Poe were the hero with the force and there was no Rey character, /tv/ would be a pretty peaceful place right now.
>>
>>63937884
Thank you
>>
>>63934642

This is now the official picture in Websters dictionary under Mary Sue. Look it up.
>>
>>63940317
>why is everyone making a big deal of this?
just asking i dont get it

Not even Vader did that on the movies. He deflected or blocked them with his metal hand but nobody stopped a blaster fire in mid-air before.
>>
>>63941100
hi JJ call me bby<3
>>
>>63940892
>>she knows the exact angle of the broken gun,

She didn't. Even she was amazed that Finn destroyed that Tie.
>>
>>63938970
As another anon said in a different thread, Rey is better than everyone else because the movie keeps placing her in situations where she excells. Put her out of her element and she would probably struggle.
>>
>>63941310
having the option of no mary sue character would give /tv/ peace
>>
>>63934642

There was literally no fucking way they were going to have her need to be rescued in the movie.

It's practically illegal now.
>>
>>63935721
thank god too, now there's a mary sue for you
>>
>Muh strong independent womyn
>Muh interracial romance
At least the First Order had one black woman in their ranks. If it was nothing but whites I would have been fucking rustled.
>>
is there any porn yet?
>>
>>63934866
How about how it takes the resistance about two minutes to come up with a plan (partially based on lies on Fin's part) to destroy a weapon the size of a planet that probably took the First Order 40 years to construct?
>>
File: nathan.jpg (1012 KB, 1026x770) Image search: [Google]
nathan.jpg
1012 KB, 1026x770
>>63941510
oh yeah i bet she is bad at dancing or dealing with rich snobs, how fucking deep
>>
File: 1400897527967.gif (1005 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1400897527967.gif
1005 KB, 500x600
>>63935424
PALPATINE's DON IT AGAIN

BRAVO SHEEV
>>
>>63939871
So if she had a dick would this thread be full of people saying "omg wow he's such an independent strong man, i get it already"?
>>
Rey, Po, and Finn are pretty good characters I think, they just need more development

Kylo Ren was total garbage though
>>
>>63939587
>Has super saiyan jedi mode, which no other jedi has ever used in the movies
Wait what?
>>
File: 1450495861891.png (384 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1450495861891.png
384 KB, 640x480
>People really think she's a mary-sue
She's just competent, damn
The more important issue is that she doesn't have a fucking personality
>>
Why wasn't I informed that they got this guy to play the bad guy?
>>
File: 2780198-1278913993039.png (239 KB, 720x406) Image search: [Google]
2780198-1278913993039.png
239 KB, 720x406
>>63936726
So basically we're heading towards this
>>
>>63942082
No she's just not just competent. She's a Mare-Rey Sue, because she into Falcon fixing and flying and dog fighting and Force use within minutes of observing a force user use his trained abilities. that there's a Mare-Rey Sue.
>>
>>63941995
finn is a shitty character. stop giving them excuses while you cry about other characters who weren't fleshed out
>>
>>63937536
>I wrote about this on my Tumblr, but wanted to get into it in a bit more depth. So here goes.

like pottery
>>
>>63942538
>Falcon fixing
She's spent her entire life digging around old Star Destroyers and other ships, fixing her own shitty hover-bike thing, and it was pretty heavily implied that she was already familiar with the Falcon-- probably fixing it and other ships on the side for whatshisname, the big alien she gets paid from.
It's also pretty heavily implied that she's flown a lot of ships before, she just hasn't left Tatooine 2.0 because she's waiting, or something.

>Force use
I agree with this, but the force is bullshit anyway. And she's probably Luke's daughter so who cares, she was going to be ridiculously strong anyway.
>>
>>63942715
Finn and Po were about the only good characters in entire movie
>>
File: rey-crying-star-wars.jpg (70 KB, 1052x789) Image search: [Google]
rey-crying-star-wars.jpg
70 KB, 1052x789
do NOT bully teh Rey
>>
>>63934642
> Its implied she regained lost memories when Kylo Ren interogated her.
> Maybe she was being trained by Luke and turned bad, Luke could not kill her so wiped her memory and sent her to Jakku.
> Ben Solo was also being trained by Luke but was told to fuck off by a sad Luke and turned to Snoke.
>>
>>63936397
I read that as Male Bing.
>>
>>63937592
>if we’re going to accept that Finn can also wield a lightsaber with such competence

But he gets beaten by a trained lightsaber user when the time comes. And I find it hard to believe that Stormtroopers wouldn't have some training with melee weapons. My only problem with Finn's use of a saber is how proficient he is with deflecting blaster shots for someone who's never seen a saber before.

And of course his aim is good: He's the fucking protagonist. Doesn't make Han a Mary Sue for doing what Finn does, but with a pistol and 20 years older.
>>
File: screaming_baby-e1306331347624.jpg (29 KB, 600x368) Image search: [Google]
screaming_baby-e1306331347624.jpg
29 KB, 600x368
>STAR WARS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE
>>
>>63939587
>Has super saiyan jedi mode, which no other jedi has ever used in the movies
What's this all about now?
>>
>all of these faggots not knowing that Jedi use the Force continuously in combat to augment their reflexes, perception speed, agility, strength, and durability
>>
File: 1445529267424.jpg (98 KB, 680x869) Image search: [Google]
1445529267424.jpg
98 KB, 680x869
>>63943352
nice meme senpai

do you also like superman and john cena as characters?
>>
>>63935424
> she was force-sensitive, it came off as some fanfic author's self-insert character. Like she's an extremely talented pilot, mechanic, and Force user. With no flaws.
> no flaws

But she's a woman.
>>
>>63934642
She had been at the academy as a child and had her memory erased to protect her from Kylo ren after the massacre. The old codger at the beginning of the film was a Jedi from Luke's academy and was sent there to keep an eye on her. Touching the lightsabre bought back memories and her ability to interact with the force. Did you not watch the fucking movie?
>>
>>63940892
That was an accident. She stalled and just happened to flip it in a way that gave Fin an angle.
>>
>>63943631
I'm sure a four year old got some extensive training after Luke taught them 2+2.
>>
>>63944309

Faggots like this should never have children, they're the types to think they're idiots until a certain age instead of educating them from a young age.
>>
>>63934949
Ren probably could've defeated OT Vader, m8. From a purely physical perspective, he's better with a saber than Luke ever was, and Vader is a fucking half-dead robot-cripple.

Luke and Vader's saber battles were basically a child fighting his WW2 vet geriatric father by clubbing each other with sticks.
>>
>>63937119
What about Juan Ofyew and Maimen?
>>
>>63943187
Finn doesn't deflect shit
Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.