[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some films that really communicate the fear, the threat,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
What are some films that really communicate the fear, the threat, or act of death?

Are there any films (besides Enter The Void) that similarly explore the experience of death itself without any religious elements? I'm not so much interested in the after-life as the final experiences of a dying mind.

Sorry for being so edgy.
>>
File: 11187394_ori.jpg (21 KB, 284x405) Image search: [Google]
11187394_ori.jpg
21 KB, 284x405
>>
You may perhaps be interested in Ikiru and The Fire Within, these two movies explore the process of adjudicating impending death.
>>
>>63934449
you may recognize the main character from such films as "the force awakens"
>>
>>63936192
I think this is a great movie but a bad suggestion for the thread
For a film ostensibly about death, death doesn't hold all that much weight, and furthermore I think it's more a film about life, and how one can live either a spiritual life in the fact of God's silence, or an atheistic one in a spiritual world

In fact, even the character of death cannot express the significance of death, he simply doesn't know.
>>
>>63934449
The act of killing. An american crime. Jack ketchum's a girl next door. Mr. Nobody.
There is nothing edgy about dying, people do it all the time.
>>
File: im ded.jpg (218 KB, 900x891) Image search: [Google]
im ded.jpg
218 KB, 900x891
The Mirror
>>
>>63937333
Tree of Life does it better.
>>
>>63937491
Eat my pooper
>>
That movie where the guy falls into the ice and almost drowns but he remembers his life and decides to climb out.

Forgot the name but I remember it being really good.
>>
How to Die in Oregon
>>
>>63934449
Jacobs Ladder
>>
>>63937547
I think you mean the dead sone with chris walken but you might drunk
>>63937654
excellent post

Also, Donnie Darko is meme- tier but fits the topic.
The Chumscrubber is centered about death, particularily suicide, but the ending falls a little flat.
>>
>Bump for non starwars thread

Ink would kind of count.
>>
File: 212px-12monkeys-logo.svg.png (32 KB, 212x300) Image search: [Google]
212px-12monkeys-logo.svg.png
32 KB, 212x300
>>63937604
Sounds interedasting, but is it good?
>>63938955
I'll have a look at that.

Who the fuck ever thought our lack of enthusiasm for star wars would brand us as social outcasts within the autism containment facilities?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.