[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people on /tv/ RIGHT NOW who will say this was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3
>there are people on /tv/ RIGHT NOW who will say this was a good movie
>>
>>63933565
it was fucking sick honestly, if you can't handle it then cool
just go jack off to slave leia or sum shit
>>
>>63933565
Better than VII. Just kidding. Anyone who genuinely says this should kill themselves.
>>
It's treason then
>>
>>63933565
Of COURSE this needs it's own damn thread
>>
>>63933565
It was horrible
But it gave us the best memes
So there is that
>>
>>63933565
Terrible movie. B-bbut it's DAAAAAARK.
>>
This was the best Star Wars film out of all 7. My friends and I watched it just the other day and we were in tears of laughter. There are at least three scenes I have to pause during because my abs are so sore from laughter. I can't name very many movies that give me as much enjoyment as Revenge of the Sith.
>>
>>63933565
It was a good movie, with flaws. It's the only prequel where something actually fucking happens.
>>
>>63933565
Literally 2x better than TFA
>>
File: sheev.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
sheev.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
It was the least worst prequel and also was second only to DKR in terms of meme generation.
>>
>>63933914
im not going to ask you for the flaws, but what were its strengths?
>>
>>63933909
I KNOW one of those is unlimited power, what are the other two?
>>
>>63933565
It was edgy as fuck but I loved the Saber battles. Yes I know that's not everything that makes Star Wars good but the Lightsaber "battle" in TFA is pretty boring.
>>
>>63933942
The lightsaber battles, despite slightly outlandish, the space battles, the dramatic powerful John Williams music, the look of the film, Ewan Mcgregor, the conflict of the characters reacting to Anakin turning to the dark side and the drama of the fall of the republic, Anakin going to the darkside and becoming Vader.

That sums it up mostly. There was a lot of good stuff like that in the movie, but it was weakened by George's inability to write well.
>>
>>63933565
i seriously don't get the meme behind people berating VII whilst praising this. is it /pol/ on the "FUCK N I G G E R S AND GODDAMN MARY SUES" bandwagon?

>hurr the dialogue was cringey
because the OT had perfect dialogue. the film had a few cringey lines with a few brilliant ones here and there too
>GURL JEDI???!?!?! AAAAAGH MARY SUES
afaik aren't there loads of girl jedi anyway? focusing on one won't do much harm
>ANOTHER DEATH STAR?!?!
only valid argument t b h
>HUX'S SPEECH WAS DUMB
he's rallying to indoctrinated stormtroopers, he knows they're already on his side, but what with what happened with Finn he won't risk low morale, so he's buzzing them up for any potential future battles just so none of them pansy out
>GLIB FACSIMILE
stop pretending half of you knew what this meant, you just needed a forced meme from one of the very few negative reviews
>Y-YOU'RE A SHILL
not really, i know the prequels suck dick and pleb redditors are the only kind to defend them in any way, i didn't think VII was the best, places between ROTJ and ANH for me, ESB being my favourite
>>
It's bad but atleast it had Sheev
>>
>>63933565

Best of the Prequels is like saying the best of the Hobbit movies to me.

>Shit plot
>Clutterfuck CGI
>Nearly comical action sequences ie dancing

The only thing It had going for it was it's OST which isn't really enough to make me rewatch a movie.

OT > NT > CG Cartoons > PT Calling it right now.
>>
It's better than VI and VII. Not that that's saying much. VII had no good scenes or music. VI had two good scenes and a good song. III had four good scenes and some damn good music.

Star Wars has never been a great franchise. Majority of them are mediocre. Only IV and V are worthy of praise.
>>
>>63933942
not that guy, but the creatures in this film were fucking great.

Jim Henson as fuck, especially that big lumbering droid on Jakku.
>>
>>63933565
Hello reddit!
>>
>>63933565

I enjoyed it, but I was the EXACT target age for these movies when they came out (I was 8 when Phantom Menace came out), so I will very willingly concede that my fondness for the prequels isn't based on anything aside from nostalgia. I can tell you that the originals are objectively better, but the prequels hold a very special place in my heart.

But seriously why do you give a shit what anyone likes?
>>
>>63933565

Better than Ep 1 and 2 worst than everything else that has a Star Wars name on it.

Really kind of pathetic when you think about it.

Fuck Lucas.
>>
>>63934216
and VII is bottom of the barrel trash.
>>
>>63933565
sheev makes this automatically better than 7
>>
>>63934132
Bilbo > Frodo
>>
>>63934163
>VII had no good scenes

oh fuck off with your "NEW FILMS A SHIT" meme

>Kanata castle raid
>Not-Hoth lightsaber duel
>Jakku raid opening
>All Snoke scenes
>Hux's speech
>Ranthar scene
>Ending with Luke

just provide me an adequate decent reason any of these scenes sucked without resorting to buzzwords or memes and i'll discuss with you
>>
>>63933565
it was, fuck off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8J2l0XQG0g
>>
That's because it is good. Not better them any of the OT but on par with TFA.
>>
>>63934321
>George how the fuck are C3PO and R2 supposed to just forget all the shit that went down here?
>HURR FUCK IT MIND ERASE
>*sigh* Okay, what about an end shot, we end it with a slow zoom on baby Luke whilst we play the force theme?
>NAH JUST COPY THE SAME SCENE FROM ANH BUT WITH UNCLE OWEN & AUNT BERU
>W-why?
>POTTERY
>>
>>63934317
It's not a meeme you Disney shit eating dumbass. Accept the fact that not everyone is some RLM brainwashed drone and that Star Wars has never been that great a franchise so we don't all cream ourselvers over OT pandering. The hux speech is one of the worst scenes in the movie. Like Rey he overdoes his facial expressions mixed in with his accent and over top the villian voice it's comical more than it is sinister, or whatever all that nazi imagery was supposed to convey.
>>
>>63933565
I wouldn't say it's a good movie, but I'd say I enjoy it. There were cool moments and ideas. It's biggest flaw is Grievous not getting a properly impressive fight. Even ignoring the usual complaint that he wasn't as cool as Genndy's version, they still should have been able to pull off something cooler with a four armed robot with four sabers instead of just a few shots of him swinging them at Obi-Wan before two hands are cut off mere seconds later. Especially since the choreography of the other fights are pretty good if not a little silly.

Also if all the jedi deaths were as well done as Ki-Adi Mundi then the order 66 would have been a really emotional part of the movie.
>>
>>63934067
>this
>>
>>63934462
>HURR THE OVER THE TOP FACIAL EXPRESSIONS TAKE ME OUT OF THE SCENE WHERE A PLANET SHOOT A LASER AND BLOWS UP OTHER PLANETS

also the SW films were originally based off old Space operas from the 50s where overacting was apparent nearly everywhere, so git fucked retard
>>
>>63934753
>it's supposed to be shitty!

kek.
>>
>>63934753
>lel some shit movies existed so everything else has to be shit on purpose too lol

Hello reddit!
>>
>>63934807
>i'll reword what he said to take it out of context!

Yeah the acting is meant to be shitty dingus, Hamill wasn't exactly Oscar worthy in the OT, Fisher was coked up half the time (which shows), and Ford didn't give two fucks about any of the films

so yeah, it is meant to be shitty you fuckwit
>>
It is a great movie. Watched it again the other day for the first time in about 8 years, made me emotional. Made up for the shitshow that was Attack of the Clones.
>>
>>63933565
it's not as bad as episode 1 and 2
>>
>>63933565
this and episode 5 were the only ones I enjoyed
>>
>>63933710
*It's threesome, Ben.
>>
It's the only watchable movie in the prequels though.
>>
>>63935535

Phantom Menace is quaint at least. Most of the attack of the clones just hurts, should have left the battle scenes as a montage and scrapped the rest.
>>
>>63933946
when Sheev gets knocked back and falls into his chair has to be one, shit gets me everytime
>>
>>63934870
Look, it's cool that you like eating dogshit and watching shit films, but not everybody else does. I'm glad you're capable of admitting that the OT was shit, that's something a lot of the manchildren posting on 4chan have a lot of trouble doing, but you simply must recognize that most intelligent people don't enjoy consuming shit, and it's our right to call out shit-eating when we see it.
>>
>>63934893

Calling Attack of the Clones shit doesn't make up for your terrible opinion.
>>
>>63933565
V > IV > VI > III > VII > I > II
>>
>>63935663
then why are you posting on a star wars thread at all if you know it's shit? is your life really that menial? i recognise it's shit but am a fan of it for what it is, you however seem to bear no interest in it whatsoever, so why come on this thread?
>>
>>63933565
It was easily better than VII, but good movie? Nah.
>>
>>63933565
I liked it. More so than 7.
>>
OT are merely decent. TPM was pretty bad and clones had a few cringeworthy scenes, but Revenge of the Sith is not only the most enjoyable Star Wars film by a wide margin, but one of the funniest films ever made. I could watch the entire OT and only chuckle a few times, while watching RotS gives me physical pain because the laughter is so hard. Any scene with Sheev or Hayden is pure gold. I don't know why you faggot thinks they are comparable
>>
reply to this post or your family dies tonight
>>
File: DOCTOR_ANAKIN__I_M_HIGH_GROUND.png (82 KB, 212x368) Image search: [Google]
DOCTOR_ANAKIN__I_M_HIGH_GROUND.png
82 KB, 212x368
>>63933909
>Unlimited Power/He is the Traitor/ANAKIN AUUGH
>Sheev flies back into his chair/ that entire fight the Senate chairs.
>FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE JEDI ARE EVIL.

it has to be those three pham. I died at those.

Truly, Revenge of the Sith is the best Star Wars film.
>>
>>63935920
Fucc
>>
>>63933565
why did he make darth vader a twink
>>
>>63935683

I appreciate other aspects of Star Wars than having the biggest chad acting and screenwriting on the market
>>
>>63935920
Oh shit pham.
>>
>>63933565
Just re-watched this last night and it was good the only bad thing about it was the wooden acting which plague all the prequel movies, I couldn't help but notice how much interesting stuff happens in this movie even just shortly in we've been to a bunch of interesting unique planets but in TFA all we get is: Not Tatooine, Not Hoth, generic forest planet and Ireland. Not to mention the scale of the universe in TFA feels so tiny compared to the prequels they really need to expand the scope of everything going forward.
>>
Best out of the Prequel Trilogy (comparing between shit, etc) but still a watchable movie compared to Episode I and II.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.