[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how is he compared to Darth Vader?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: Kylo_Ren.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Kylo_Ren.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
So how is he compared to Darth Vader?
>>
>>63933073

No comparison.

Kylo Ren is to Darth Vader what Bobby Hill is to Hank Hill.
>>
I'm still confused...

Why is Anakins Ol' Youngling Slayer so sought after?

From my understanding Lightsabers were piss easy to construct once you get a crystal
>>
>>63933073
He has much more character than Darth Vader.

I kinda like that he's an emotionally unstable whiny faggot.
>>
>>63933073
vader was until the last few minutes of RoTJ bretty one dimensional mary sue villain.

glyo ren has CRAWLING IN MY SKIN FEAR IS ANYTHING ELSE
>>
He's 100% more interesting in TFA than Darth Vader was in ANH
>>
>>63933073
I had to laugh when he took of his mask. Seriously wasn't expecting him to look this much like a faggot.
>>
The mask is less impressive
>>
>>63933440
Every single male i the skywalker bloodline is a whiny faggot. Anakin, Luke, and now Ben
>>
Darth Vader has
>better costume
>better voice
>better physical presence
>better kill

Kylo Ren has
>an actual backstory in his first movie
>better fights overall

I give it to Vader, easily, but at least they really tried with Kylo Ren.
>>
>>63933073
darth vader would have just force choked finn to death as soon as he saw him holding a lightsaber instead of havig a long drawn out sabre duel.
>>
>>63933712
True, but in the original trilogy Darth Vader wasn't whiny at all.
>>
>>63933073
>Anything else?
>>
>>63933073
gonna go see this movie on the weekend.
Worth seeing it in 3d?
>>
>>63933744
The fact that Vader's backstory and motivations weren't explored until the empire strikes back made him much more interesting. Especially because of how you started seeing the humanity in what was previously a one-dimensional villain.
>>
>>63933073
did his mask get blown up with the planet?
>>
>>63934076
Yeah I'm sure that was the only one that the Empire had laying around.
>>
>>63934113
thought it was an ancient sith mask or some shit.. whatever nerd lol
>>
The force grab of the officer in TFA is better than the OT one if you take out the nostalgia factor.
>>
>>63933073
i like him more
>>
File: 1439918181320.png (207 KB, 301x389) Image search: [Google]
1439918181320.png
207 KB, 301x389
>>63934153
>thought it was an ancient sith mask or some shit

Yeah it gave him +5 strenght.

>whatever nerd lol

These are the people posting here. What sad times.
>>
>>63934307

haha wat a fukken nrd
>>
As a young 'sith' good before he took off his mask.

After that he became one of the worse characters superseded only by jar jar binks.
>>
Everybody mocked his lightsaber but then he proves how useful the little thingies on it (they're called aglets) are.
>>
File: 1450655218324.png (204 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1450655218324.png
204 KB, 500x366
a glib fascimile
>>
Nobody cared who either of them were until they put on their masks
>>
>>63934427
Aglets are those little things at the end of your shoelaces. The little things on his lightsaber are quillions or something like that
>>
Just saw the movie and Kylo was the biggest disappointment of the entire thing. He's a little whiny bitch who struggled against one noob and got beaten by another. Looks like a total faggot too. When he first showed up I thought he would be a total Nazi, but he's far from it.
>>
>>63933978
VII had the best saber fight. It wasn't over the top kung-fu movie bullshit, but it wasn't the slow careful clunky original trilogy garbage either.
>>
>>63934571
>Struggled against someone after killing his own dad getting blasted by Chewbacca and lost to someone with the latent Force abilities of Luke after winning a fight after getting blasted by Chewbacca
FTFY
>>
>>63933243
Freezing and mind reading powers
>>
>>63934768
He was only successful once in the entire movie (w/ Han Solo) and failed in everything else, I hope space Kim Jong Un beats his ass.
>>
>>63934571
Nah he was an angsty wannabe darth vader and played it perfectly
>>
>>63935099
I just feel like an actually intimidating villain would have suited the film much better, after he took the mask off he wasn't intimidating at all.
>>
>>63933911
What did he mean by this?
>>
I actually really liked Kylo. He is a very interesting antagonist.

Unlike the usual "I AM GOOD BUT I AM BEING CORRUPTED OH NO I AM EVIL" he seems like a good/neutral guy who wants to be darkside. He literally says in the movie that he keeps feelings the pull to the lightside.

I enjoyed his emotional outbursts and his general angst. I think it created a character with a lot of depth.

Hell, he is a more interesting character than Finn and Rey the mary sue. I was generally very interested when he was on screen.
>>
>>63934525
I see you watched Hey Arthur also.
>>
>>63933073
He's cuter imo
>>
Kylo looks too skinny and faggy.
Also his initial appearance has to rival DV's but is immediately ruined by quippy quappy crap.
The second Poe started backtalking him he should have bitchslapped that fuck
>>
I am not at all impressed with Darth Sinus...
>>
>>63934459
Is this a Dexter's Lab edit?
>>
File: 1328741442643.png (111 KB, 270x241) Image search: [Google]
1328741442643.png
111 KB, 270x241
>>63935761
>Darth Dweebus
>>
how did he not get his shoulder taken off when he got hit by poe with the light saber, yet they slash through trees.
>>
i bet Kylo Ren will be the one to kill the creepy scarred up dude in the holograms. I see him being super fucking evil in the second movie and having a turning point in the third
>>
>>63936235
Looks like it
>>
How can you faggots compare one movie with the new guy versus all the movies with Vader? It's really hard to take you guys seriously when the screen time and story of these two characters is so dissimilar.
>>
>>63937220
He has way more character depth than Vader/Anakin, and he is been in one fucking movie.

He isn't as badass as Vader, but I honestly prefer him over Vader.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.