[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jay Jay Abrams had to have seen the Plinkett reviews TFA went
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 18
Jay Jay Abrams had to have seen the Plinkett reviews

TFA went by everything Mike said a Star wars movie should avoid or how lightsaber fights should work

He even made an alien who looks like Shrek be the owner of the Millenium Falcon

This can't be a coincidence
>>
Honestly, it is quite plausible. Mike easily may have strongly influenced creative choices in Star Wars which is pretty crazy to think about really.
>>
>>63929564
King of /tv/ confirmed

Brava Mike
>>
And then TFA turned out to be worse than the prequels and the sellout didn't dare calling out the movie for the shit that it is.

fin.
>>
BASED MIKE
A
S
E
D

M
I
K
E
>>
Does he mention at all in the review that it's a rehash of A New Hope and that Rey is a complete Mary Sue?
>>
They even got an exclusive interview with the man a week before the premiere, it is pretty obvious
>>
>>63929499
I first heard about them through Damon Llindelof, his buddy, so I would bet 100 percent he's seen them
>>
>>63929791
Are you joking?
>>
>>63929564
It is. Especially since Simon Pegg personally endorsed it and knows JJ closely.

Regardless, it really did do what the Plinkett review said:

- No space politics
- Real sets and practical aliens (mostly)
- Looks like the original trilogy
- Characters that show emotion and have strong motivation
- Lightsabers are rare
- Lightsaber fights are violent and weighty

In fact it goes too far with some of those, the situation in the galaxy is not explained at all.
>>
Where were you when Mike saved star wars
>>
File: 1446760342695.jpg (234 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1446760342695.jpg
234 KB, 1200x1200
The problem is that what Mike said is the bare minimum. JJ being a dirty jew simply lacks the introspection, creativity and soul to really direct something which feels real.

Jews have a long history of creating manipulative art but since pretty much everything is manipulative and opinionated now in Hollywood, since its almost all jewish they're wondering why the fuck wont their shit turn out to be classics like the original SW.

I can explain why, but they'd call me a nazi for it, but I tell you here, jews as a group simply lack the qualities which can make art something you really feel and remember.

I could even compare the selected few non-jewish directors operating in Hollywood to the jews and in every single case some of those non-jew qualities slip through and make a couple of movies shine.

They will never understand, because jews live in denial about this. But history shows that jews cannot be great at art, ever.
>>
>>63929654
>worse than the prequels
Could you understand what was happening in The Force Awakens? That alone makes it better than the prequels.
>>
File: bale.gif (419 KB, 442x259) Image search: [Google]
bale.gif
419 KB, 442x259
>>63929872
>- No space politics
Instead we got some confused shit that was never explained properly because Disney thinks we're all retards

>Real sets and practical aliens (mostly)
This is fucking bullshit. It had ton of needless CGI like Snooke and female SJW Yoda

>Looks like the original trilogy
It doesn't. It looks like capeshit.

>Characters that show emotion and have strong motivation
Being a Mary Sue isn't an emotion. Having PTSD and then go on murdering your fellow friends isn't emotion. It's shitty writing.

>Lightsabers are rare
Ok

>Lightsaber fights are violent and weighty
Too bad the fights are inconsistent as fuck, with one random stormtrooper being able to withstand a fucking expert warrior of lightsabers. And then some untrained Mary Sue beats him because she's strong and doesn't need no Jedi training.

If Mike impacted the movie or not, we can safely assume TFA is worse than the prequels anyways, save Attack of Clones.
>>
>>63929970
He hasn't seen the movie, he's just going by what /tv/ tells him
>>
>>63929970
No. It was simple yet still managed to be confusing. What was the difference of the Resistance and republic? Didn't Leia become queen after VI? Why are they still rebels? It's been 20 fucking years. Wasn't the VI ending happy? But no, here is this mysterious new organization that has somehow seized immense power but we're not going to tell you because we're going to assume you're retarded.
>>
>>63930093
Eat my shit, Disney cocksucker.
>>
>>63930054
>a ton of CGI
>two characters

>parroting Max Landis

>one random stormtrooper being able to withstand a fucking expert warrior of lightsabers

What? When did that happen? Finn got his ass kicked.
>>
>>63929694
dude the review is like 2 clicks away, just watch it yourself.
>>
>>63929872
While I think Mike likely did have some influence on TFA. Those are also all very obvious changes that needed to be made in comparison to the Prequel trilogy, so it might just be good filmmaking.
>>
>>63930122
It seemed pretty obvious to me the First Order was a leftover of the Empire and they and the New Republic were in a cold war. The Resistance is trying to hold them back so that another Empire doesn't form. Sound familiar to any terrorist organizations you've seen in the news lately?
>>
>>63930269
>Sound familiar to any terrorist organizations you've seen in the news lately?
New order didnt have loli sex slaves
>>
>I'm disappointed RLM liked the new Star Wars

>Oh wait...Max Landis is complaining about Rey being a Mary Sue! I have a new person to parrot and treat as my own criticisms!
>>
>>63930195
I haven't even seen Landis' review, but apparently I'm not the only one thinking it's shit. Someone else having the same opinion as me doesn't invalidate my opinion, shill-kun.

>two characters
Two MAJOR characters, with one being the big bad villain and the other the Yoda-like character. Two too many. They both looked like shit too. Awful CGI. Snooke was a videogame villain.

>Finn got his ass kicked.
After he dueled with him for ages. That shit should've ended at once. Someone like Finn shouldn't even be able to wield lightsabers. It's shitty fanfic writing. It didn't have to make sense. It just had to look cool. Just like that riot stormtrooper throwing away his fucking blaster to instead hit Finn with a baton. Yeah, that's totally believable and rational. Thank you Disney. Thank you JJ.
>>
>>63930054
>needless CGI like Snooke
This. Why didn't they just use forced perspective??!
>>
>>63930269
>New Republic were in a cold war.
Where the fuck is this even stated? We get to see the republic blown up but we get no insight whatsoever of what the republic actually is. The movie is so lacking in any sort of consistency or logic.

And if anything, New Order would be Nazis since god forbid Hollywood likens bad guys to anything but Nazis.
>>
>>63930314
Yes, and Kylo was gravely injured before the fight and not fully trained.
>>
>>63930156
>You liked the movie? M-must be a Disney shill! B-back to reddit with you!

Kill urself my man
>>
>>63930054
Did you stop to think that I was merely pointing out the similarity to Plinkett's suggestions, not saying the movie was amazing? But anyway, I think you're wrong on some things.

>Instead we got some confused shit that was never explained properly because Disney thinks we're all retards
Yeah, it should have been explained

>This is fucking bullshit. It had ton of needless CGI like Snooke and female SJW Yoda
I only agree about Snoke, he could have been a guy in make up. Orange Yoda was midget-sized, had to run around, and needed a very expressive face. That would be difficult to do without CGI.

>Being a Mary Sue isn't an emotion.
She's got motivation outside of that, like abandonment issues and wanting a better life.

>Having PTSD and then go on murdering your fellow friends isn't emotion. It's shitty writing.
How's that not emotion? That's a really strong character motivation

>Too bad the fights are inconsistent as fuck, with one random stormtrooper being able to withstand a fucking expert warrior of lightsabers.
I can only assume you fell asleep during the movie because Finn gets fucked up and it's repeatedly emphasized how Kylo is not an expert, he only tries to project that image.
>>
>>63929499
uh didn't Plinkett complain a lot about the plot not making sense too? and all the callbacks?
>>
Why the fuck is the villain even called Snooke? Just call him "John". I think that sounds more menacing than a game of snooker.
>>
File: froggy.jpg (8 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
froggy.jpg
8 KB, 251x242
>>63930314

>Someone like Finn shouldn't even be able to wield lightsabers.

How could someone possibly figure out that you need to take the stick and hit things with it?

Improbable.
>>
>>63929829
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HaGe8XcMHA
>>
>>63930373
The opening crawl, and the existence of the Resistance in the first place implied this to me. More like North Korea, than nazis, but there was heavy Nazi imagery.
>>
>>63930307
underrated post
>>
>>63929654
It's far from worse than the prequels. It's just an average movie.

Mike was never going to give this movie shit after he committed "JJ should do Star Wars" to one of his reviews.
>>
>>63930483
Yes, I know about that video, I'm just wondering if you're joking about thinking that obvious editing trick is a real interview.
>>
>>63930314
It's a sword you ass. Remember when Han used one on hoth?
>>
>>63930346
Or greens screen

But then again ANDY SERKIS O M G we need a cgi monsterface then tell him not to emote at all
>>
File: 1425123842245.jpg (54 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1425123842245.jpg
54 KB, 1366x768
>>63930526
>>
>>63930510
>Mike was never going to give this movie shit after he committed "JJ should do Star Wars" to one of his reviews.
What kind of dumbass logic is this? He also predicted Jurassic World was going to suck but then he ended up really liking it. Just because he thought JJ Abrams would have been a good director for Star Wars doesn't mean he was obligated to like the final product.
>>
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u4.jpg (107 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.u4.jpg
107 KB, 1000x563
>>63930408
>That would be difficult to do without CGI.
Then don't have the character needlessly jump around. Yoda didn't need to jump around until he became CGI. And then it was stupid. That entire character is stupid anyways. Fucking trite Jamaican pseudo-philosophy character. I bet they would've cut this too and they already not cut half the movie for being shit.

>like abandonment issues and wanting a better life.
A Mary Sue with abandonment issues is still a Mary Sue. Can't wait to see what she'll do next. Maybe bring back Han from the dead. Oh, speaking of Han. Why the fuck was his death so sterile? Did anyone care that he was dead? Not even Leia gave a shit. She seemed like she lost a gambling session. Not the love of her life.

>How's that not emotion?
How is having PTSD and then NOT having PTSD consistent emotion? It's shitty writing. Again, it doesn't have to make sense. It only needs to look cool for the big audiences.

So what I assume from the last fight is that Finn is either a secret jedi or Kylo is the shittiest and least menacing Star Wars villain since that guy Qui-Gon tricked with the pod racing in Episode 1.
>>
>>63929499
> Mike talks about the brilliance of the first shot of New Hope.
>First shot of TFA is First Order ship eclipsing a planet and blocking out the light.

Honestly he probably did watch the Plinkett reviews.
>>
>Kylo sees a black guy
>starts punching his dick

I thought I accidentally walked in on Hateful 8
>>
I did notice how Rey and Kylo Ren's lightsaber fight was pretty much them hacking at each other and getting tired.
>>
>>63930589
And then in the movie a big black ship fills a white hole

Poetry
>>
>>63930442
A lightsabre is a weapon of jedi and sith. The reason you don't see average storm troopers run around with those is because they can't fucking use them properly. Kylo fucking froze a laser bullet in mid-air. Yet he could barely defeat a weaker than average stormtrooper because plot says so.
>>
>>63930510
yep, Mike basically dug himself into a hole. unfortunately JJ might not even have "done Star Wars" as it seems like Disney might have been the ones deciding what went into the film.
>>
>>63929654
>And then TFA turned out to be worse than the prequels and the sellout didn't dare calling out the movie for the shit that it is.

eh eh... meme
>>
>some random nobody that reviews movies on youtube
>/tv/ believes he influenced the direction of the biggest franchise on the planet
>>
>>63930719
>I'll just reply with meme. That will show him
>>
This is just as retarded as the guy who said Kevin Bacon was a joke in Guardians of the Galaxy due to the Plinkett Reviews

Shut up
>>
>>63930580
The point of Kylo is that he's a dangerous, short-tempered, emotionally immature whiner who wants desperately to be like Vader. A lot of show until he's further trained, but already very dangerous. And as Kylo said, Rey is equally dangerous and untrained.
>>
>>63929694
No. He was fanboy sperging all over it.
>>
>>63930671
Kylo was wonded and he doesn't seem to be a top of the breed warrior yet, he looks weak, unsure of himself.
>>
>>63930779
Bullshit, they do mention it in the review.
>>
>>63930760
>he point of Kylo is that he's a dangerous
Sure as fuck isn't dangerous if he had to struggle with a stormtrooper that can barely withstand regular combat before defecting. Rey is Mary Sue.
>>
>>63930373
>Where the fuck is this even stated?

It's not. People are now projecting their own theories onto the movie to fix the inconsistencies or plot points that definitely should have been included but weren't. Or they got it from a book.

There isn't nearly enough context in the movie.
>>
>>63930054
>Too bad the fights are inconsistent as fuck, with one random stormtrooper being able to withstand a fucking expert warrior of lightsabers. And then some untrained Mary Sue beats him because she's strong and doesn't need no Jedi training.

you mean the stormtrooper who couldn't beat the swordsman injured by a blaster wound in his stomach? Yeah I bet he should have been like an anime warrior who can fight at 110% condition while suffering from multiple fractures and internal blood loss>>63930122
>No. It was simple yet still managed to be confusing. What was the difference of the Resistance and republic?

only an idiot would be confused by something like that. An autistic idiot.
>>
>>63930671

>A lightsabre is a weapon of jedi and sith.

It's a fucking stick you hit people with you autist.

Go back to wookipedia.
>>
>>63929935
Relax muhammad
>>
>>63929654
Such cognitive dissonance.
Most impressive.
>>
>>63930563
Yes it does. JJ did everything that Mike wanted. If he felt let down by the movie then he wasn't going to show it. Not that he did feel let down.
>>
>>63930758
Wut
>>
>>63930900
I'm white senpai
>>
>>63930580
>Then don't have the character needlessly jump around.
Well, that's what the character was. Restricting the story because of a needless limitation would be bad writing in my opinion.

>I bet they would've cut this too and they already not cut half the movie for being shit.
Huh?

>A Mary Sue with abandonment issues is still a Mary Sue.
That's right. I was just saying she's got motivation and emotion. The Mary Sue stuff is a shame because there's more to her character outside of that.

>How is having PTSD and then NOT having PTSD consistent emotion?
He ends up hating his old team because he thinks they're evil. Makes sense to me.
>>
>>63930834
Opening crawl. The existence of the New Republic and the Resistance. It's pretty obvious.
>>
>>63929499
Mike was a mistake. - his motherfucker
>>
>>63930975
>He ends up hating his old team because he thinks they're evil.
He fucking defects because one of his team mates die right in front of him. Suddenly he doesn't care anymore? And then he's in the TIE fighter being all happy he's blowing up his former friends. The character sucked. They barely gave a reason to why he defected. He think it's because some storm trooper close to him died but then he doesn't give a shit about anything later on. PTSD is only convenient when it doesn't get in the way of the action for the masses.

>Huh?
A large chunk of the exposition was cut from the movie was one of the actresses was shit. This is why the New Republic shit doesn't make any sense.

Restricting the story because of a needless limitation would be bad writing in my opinion.
And Jamaican Yoda is a case of good writing?

>>63930856
>Yeah I bet he should have been like an anime warrior
Do you realize that this is Star Wars we're talking about? Do you understand the concept of SW literally being about anime warriors?
>>
>>63929935
What about Spielberg, Kubrick, and Mel Brooks?
>>
>>63930122
All that could have been described if we had some
>space politics
just like the prequels and even OT did, but hey, Plinkett the Almighty King of Neckbeard Memesters said it was booooooooring and it is movie for kiiiiiiids!
>>
>>63930893
that can cut through almost anything like wet toilet paper .
>>
>>63929970
Fuck you, i can understand what is happening in the prequels, and if you can not then you are a retard.
>>
>>63931166
>He fucking defects because one of his team mates die right in front of him. Suddenly he doesn't care anymore?
I don't think you were concentrating on the movie closely. He also doesn't comply with the order to shoot civilians and realizes he's working for the bad guys. He outright says he hates the First Order, not that he's got PTSD.

>A large chunk of the exposition was cut from the movie was one of the actresses was shit.
There's conflicting stuff about that, and we don't know what they cut anyway.

>And Jamaican Yoda is a case of good writing?
Maz wasn't a great character, no. My point is that making her a puppet so she can only sit in place would restrict what the character can do, and you were saying that she was "needlessly CGI".
>>
File: 1422037144429.gif (2 MB, 390x300) Image search: [Google]
1422037144429.gif
2 MB, 390x300
>Mike literally had tears in his eyes talking about TFA

Holy shit guys.
>>
>>63930269
That doesnt explain shit about why is resistanse is led by Leia and why it is not the respublican army.
>>
>>63930834
From the opening crawl:

>...the sinister FIRST ORDER has risen from the ashes of the Empire... With the support of the REPUBLIC, General Leia Organa leads a brave RESISTANCE.

Why would the Republic want to RESIST a relatively small, still burning ember from the Empire? So the Empire does not form again as a fire can start again from a hot ember. The RESISTANCE were formerly Rebels because they were rebelling against the major government, the Empire. They have previous experience with this type of monster, so now they are RESISTING the forming of another Empire.
>>
>>63931479
shut the fuck up Jay!
>>
>>63931532
see
>>63931533
>>
>>63931533
How the fuck does any of this make sense? What is Leia actually resisting to call her group the resistance? Why isn't she part of the republic now? The resistance implies an opposition to government. But the republic is in controll so why would they call themselves the resistance? Did the Disney focus testers think we were too stupid to know that Leia wouldn't be a resistance fighter when the war was over?
>>
>>63930967
In the phantom menace review, when hes going through pro-ta-gonists the mention of Kevin Bacon as an individual heroic persona was referenced by James Gunn, who is a fan of the reviews
>>
>>63929872
I don't get why lightsabers need to feel weighty. Making them weighty contradicts the obvious advantage they bring.

It was really jarring to see Kylo swing his saber like it was a fucking claymore.
>>
>>63931588
See >>63931667
>>
>>63929694
They talk about it a lot, and pretty much stating that it's a "soft reboot" of the franchise.
>>
>>63931667
plausible deniability or something. I can't imagine why the republic would wage this faux cold war besides just lack of resources which we are never told about.
>>
>>63931694
>Kevin Bacon as an individual heroic persona was referenced by James Gunn
You think the mention of Kevin Bacon in Guardians is a reference to the Plinkett reviews? Holy shit, the autism is real. You know that Gunn actually worked with Kevin Bacon in Super, right? And that Gunn has been on record for years as saying that Kevin Bacon was his favorite actor growing up.
>>
>>63931667
Here's the definition of resistance:

>the attempt to prevent something by action or argument.

I just told you what they are resisting. It's basically a proxy war. They mention in the movie that the Republic would back them if it were to ever come to that much of a clusterfuck, and by the time it did, it was too late.
>>
>>63931803
Why does TFA get a free pass while he savagely criticized every single aspect of the prequels? Is he just a fanboy or paid off?
>>
>>63929654
no...no....this is reddit.....this is meme.....this is faggotry.....what a hack
>>
>>63931836
>Why did he like a movie that is nothing like another movie?
Jesus Christ, this is embarrassing.
>>
>>63930988
The First Order are an offshoot of the Empire. Why are the Rebublic resisting them and not in control? Is there a perfect split in the galaxy? Some planets are empire controlled and some republic? If the First Order are small than the Empire (which everyone agrees right?) then why do they have an improved super weapon?
>>
>>63931836
Because The Force Awakens does literally everything right that the prequels did wrong. I didn't even really like Force Awakens by the way, but if you don't understand the difference between it and the prequels, then your brain is broken.
>>
>>63930671
No, it's because they aren't just made willy nilly. You have to make them yourself, which is why Kylo Ren's sucks ass. It's a split crystal because even Luke's padawans couldn't get proper ones.
>>
>>63931832
There is literally no point in calling yourself a resistance if you aren't in an actual resistance against your government. Leia's group isn't a resistance. It would be more like a subsidiary of the republic. But fuck if we know since this movie had shit lore and assumed we were too dumb to know anything outside of the bare essential. How long are you going to defend Disney's retardation? The reason we're not told anything is because some Disney suit calculated that kids would be too dumb for it anyways. That's literally it. There is no grand storytelling purpose behind it.
>>
>>63931928
The prequels did everything right that TFA did wrong unfortunately
>>
>>63931926
These are the questions RLM asked of the prequels in their reviews. Yet, the same gaps were given a pass in TFA because it's not the prequels. If >>63931928 that Disney shill is right.
>>
>>63929654
>worse than the prequels
your meme is worth a quarter of a portion
>>
>>63931928
A rehash of a movie is the number one bull shit thing you can do. The second bull shit thing is to do it in the sequel of a series. The third is shove two other movies into it's story.
>>
>>63931956
>It would be more like a subsidiary of the republic.
They are, I never said they weren't.

>But fuck if we know since this movie had shit lore and assumed we were too dumb to know anything outside of the bare essential.
>too dumb

Says someone who's having such a hard time getting what they are resisting. I'm trying to explain, but you refuse to listen and block your ears because you desperately want to hate the movie.
>>
>>63929970
how retarded you must be to not understand the prequels?
>>
>>63932015
Enjoyment of a movie isn't a science. That element stood out in the prequels because it was another chip in the armour that caused the entire film to fall apart. It was an element that didn't work in the Force Awakens as well, but there were other positive elements that kept that one point from destroying the whole movie (in Mike's point of view).
>>
I'm willing to give Mike a pass for loving this shit. The man is old and tired, and he's obsessed over how terrible the prequels are for, what, eight years? It's a fun flick, give him a break.
>>
File: 1338752218196.png (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1338752218196.png
15 KB, 300x300
>>63931993
>>
>>63932116
that's nice Mike
>>
>>63932072
You literally just dodged my entire post because you had no counter-argument. Admit it. Leia's group calling themselves "the resistance" when they actually aren't a resistance but merely a subsidiary of the republic makes no sense. It's only so because Disney suits thought audiences were too dumb to realize that a resistance ENDS when you OVERTHROW the government and ASSUME power yourself. Then you're no longer a resistance.
>>
>>63931993
>prequels
>doing anything right

teenagers everyone
>>
>>63930054
>one random stormtrooper
with experience in melee fighting, like the stormtrooper that he fought before, this are stormtroopers trained to find and kill Luke

>expert warrior of lightsabers
but he clearly wasnt, why do you assume that he is when your first exposure to the guy was him having trouble in both fights?
>>
>>63932087
I still don't see what makes TFA such a great movie. They copy-pasted ANH, added some capeshit writing, added some senile old actors who are past their prime and called it a day. In many ways, it's far more lazier and more of a cash-grab than the prequels ever were. This isn't even an original story. It's ANH but with modern tropes. Why would anyone who spent so much time shitting on every flaw of the prequels overlook such a massive flaw? Like I said, either it's the fanboy bias or Disney money. For his sake, I hope it's the latter.
>>
>>63932097
fuck no what comes around goes around. TFA is shit it will get no breaks.
>>
>>63930122
it seemed kinda obvious that the republic and the empire were at an uneasy peace, or even cease-fire. The resistance was a rogue group, probably supported by the republic as proxy war.
>>
>>63932163
I didn't dodge anything, you just don't want to understand the movie.

Here's my last try: http://www.crimethinc.com/texts/r/kurdish/

Tell me, why are these people trying to RESIST ISIS?
>>
>>63930856
>>No. It was simple yet still managed to be confusing. What was the difference of the Resistance and republic?
>only an idiot would be confused by something like that. An autistic idiot.

Oh fuck off.
>>
>>63931956
It's literally so easy to explain to yourself.

the Resistance is the original Rebel militia. The Republic formed democratically after the Empire lost power because their leader and military strength were destroyed by the rebels.

Any remaining Empire organs -> First Order.
The Resistance -> legitimized rebel fighters who, by virtue of the physical distances of the galaxy or what-have-you, were not immediately absorbed under the Republic banner.

What the fuck does it matter you nitpicking prick, the Republic system got blown up anyhow and there is no central power.
>>
>>63932247
>I don't understand how someone could find enjoyment in something that I personally didn't.
Well, if you can't comprehend how this works, there's nothing left to say.
>>
>>63932217
Finn couldn't even cope with battle before routing. Are we supposed to think he's an exemplary soldier? Hell, even if he was, he shouldn't be able to wield a lightsabre and use it efficiently.

>but he clearly wasnt,
So the villain of TFA is generally a useless guy who is barely better than a regular grunt?
>>
>>63932337
Point one: Did you know that characters can change over the course of a movie?

Point two: The cardinal FUCKING detail about Kylo Ren we learn in this movie is that despite his standing within the First Order he is as freshman as they fucking come. Kylo Ren is a huge puss. This is his MAIN CHARACTERISTIC.
>>
There either should have been a very clear Cold War dynamic between the two factions, which would have made sense for this trilogy after the OT was heavily influenced by WW2.

Or they had the chance to have a new interesting dynamic where the enemy is a smaller force to the republic. The First Order could have been a relatively small organisation completely devoted to their cause. Could have been rather topical and appropriate for this generation's audience.

JJ almost completely ignores the ending of Jedi and uses words like "resistance" because he wanted to stick as close to ANH as humanly possible.
>>
>>63932198
It introduced new ideas to the star wars series more than what can be said about VII
>>
>Like Marvelshit
>RLM is mostly positive on Marvelshit
>hate DCshit
>RLM is mostly negative on DCshit
>Like Jurassic World
>RLM liked Jurassic World
>unexpectedly liked TFW
>RLM liked TFW
>have opinions on what makes SW good
>RLM state same opinions in TFW video

its a comfy kind of feel
>>
>>63932293
Good you brought up an actual resistance. The kurds are in a resistance because they oppose a power that is actually the dominating force in their own territory. They resisted Saddam even though Saddam was the ruler of Iraqi Kurdistan. That is a resistance. They are still called a resistance because they have no official government. They are without lands or borders. That's nothing what the resistance in Star Wars is.

>>63932331
>The Resistance -> legitimized rebel fighters who, by virtue of the physical distances of the galaxy or what-have-you, were not immediately absorbed under the Republic banner.
Fancy way of saying the movie didn't even bother to explain this and fuck you for asking questions.
>>
>>63932412
If you do it in such a boring fucking way, why does it even matter?
>>
>>63932464
It said it in the opening crawl, if you bothered to read it but I guess that's too hard
>>
>Mike: You can see the helicopter shadow in the last shot

Can anyone confirm?
>>
>>63932247
it's the fucking money man they can't do it because George Lucas has no part in this abortion.
>>
>>63932247
ill add that cinema sins will give it zero flaws.
>>
>>63932454
>it's a reddit kind of feel
>>
>>63932337
He couldnt cope with senseless killing. And theres no reason why he could not wield it decently enough to survive until being btfo, like it happened in the movie!

>So the villain of TFA is generally a useless guy who is barely better than a regular grunt?
Not barely, you gotta consider his incomplete training, mental state, immaturity and wound by the Chewbacca blaster that was shown to be pretty hard. He was severely handicapped for his last 2 fights, he was not a finished product at the time.
>>
>>63932505

I'll look for it when I go to see it, but I don't have Mike's autistic ability to spot things like that.
>>
>>63932579
Who you calling reddit, reddit?
>>
File: 4tCqlXc.jpg (373 KB, 1280x1269) Image search: [Google]
4tCqlXc.jpg
373 KB, 1280x1269
>>63932579
>if i don't like it, it's reddit/kike/sjws/niggers/etc
>>
>>63929654

they didn't sell out they've just always been jjfags
>>
>>63930442
Classic EU was filled with "light sabers are too dangerous for insensitives"

It's a weightless blade that cuts through almost everything with no effort, easy to cut off a chunk of oneself if you use it like a normal sword.
>>
Is Mike a Packers fan?
>>
>>63932337
>Finn couldn't even cope with battle before routing. Are we supposed to think he's an exemplary soldier? Hell, even if he was, he shouldn't be able to wield a lightsabre and use it efficiently.

Tie in bullshit but:

>FN-2187 was simply Eight-Seven whenever one of the team wanted to shorten his designation. They didn’t do it very often. He was, as far as the training cadre and his peers were concerned, one of the best stormtroopers anyone had ever seen. He was everything their instructors wanted—loyal, dutiful, brave, smart, and strong. Whatever the test, whatever the evaluation, FN-2187 consistently scored in the top 1 percent. So he was FN-2187, well on his way to becoming the ideal First Order stormtrooper. That was what everyone thought, at least.Except FN-2187 himself.

>The following morning they started on intensive melee combat training. This was done outside the simulators, in one of the exercise rooms designated for the purpose. Previously, FN-2187 and the others had trained in hand-to-hand combat, working in close quarters with fists and feet. This time they found the room prepared with racks of weapons and shields lining the walls.

The instructors demonstrated the use of each weapon, the vibro-axes and shock staffs and force pikes and resonator maces, elaborating at length on the respective strengths and weaknesses of each and when and how to employ them to best effect. They explained the composite alloys used to make the weapons, how some of the equipment was strong enough to block even a lightsaber. FN-2187 wondered about that—not whether it was true but whether or not they would ever be expected to fight someone who used a lightsaber. According to the First Order, the Jedi were extinct.
>>
>>63932410
>
like Anikin over three movies.
>>
>>63932579
That doesn't even mean anything on this board anymore. It should be censored just like Tbh famm and cuck were, because you faggots perpetuate them endlessly like a bunch of betards.
>>
>>63932649
Not only that, but in all of SW, we're always told that a lightsabre outside of competent hands is asking to get hurt. But fuck if Finn cares. He manages just fine. What's even the point of jedi? Just have Finn instead.
>>
>>63932649
>EU
Fuck the EU
>>
>>63932649
well you know that they say about EU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIefj6dOhnM&t=3m33s
>>
>>63932709
he got pretty hurt brah
>>
>>63932693
>doesn't mean anything
>still riles up multiple people
ok reddit
>>
>>63929654
I'm honestly laughing my ass of at the sheer idea of someone legitimately thinking TFA is as bad, or worse than the prequels.

That is a whole new level of delusion.
>>
>>63930669
Meanwhile normies and other blue pillers are oblivious to the propaganda
>>
>>63932667
>loyal, dutiful, brave, smart, and strong
Then why is he such a sloppy bitch on jakku when one other trooper gets hit?

Big problem with TFA is the events of the movie don't line up with printed back story.
>>
>>63932709
>but in all of SW
Except the movies, which are the only things that count.
>>
>>63932785
I'd say you're more shit scared that your endless shilling for this trash movie didn't work out.
>>
>>63930054
>Having PTSD and then go on murdering your fellow friends isn't emotion. It's shitty writing.
>Having PTSD
When will this meme die? I'm already sick of it
>>
>>63931183
>Spielberg
pleb shit, not art

>Kubrick
self-hating jew, made top tier pleb shit, maybe a few occurrences of art

>Brooks
pure shit
>>
>>63932824
It's made more money than god

why would a shill be necessary, here, in the backwaters, where all the opinions are objectively bad
>>
>>63932785
how many Iphones have you bought this year?
>>
>>63932335
translates
>"I still don't see what makes TFA such a great movie."
to
>I don't understand how someone could find enjoyment in something that I personally didn't.

You're causing your own problems
>>
>>63932803
>Except the movies,
Especially the movies. Even Luke had to undergo training before he was efficient with a lightsabre. And that guy was the real deal.
>>
>>63929499
100% of what Mike said in the reviews are commonplace and basic movie things and people have been saying them since the phantom menace was out
>>
>>63932858
If they are so bad, why do people disagreeing with you make you so mad?
>>
>>63932792
you don't know? that was his dear friend FN-2003 or "slip" who he would constantly save and look out for during training missions.
>>
oh no some racist asshole on 4chan hates our movie. execute order 4c
>>
>>63932766
okay /b/ I guess you win
>>
>>63932858
>in the backwaters
this site has been in the news too many times it's mainstream now.
>>
obi wan just hands it to him
>>
>>63932956
>oh no some racist asshole
Look. The Disney newfriends are still triggered by /tv/. You can kindly fuck off and shill elsewhere if it bothers you.
>>
>>63932974
Aha the classic reddit sarcasm

Nice
>>
>>63933000
my dubs + trips was a reply to
>>63932904
>>
>>63932950
so you admit that your opinions are bad, and the idea of shilling is wrong, and the movie was successful in a mainstream way that pleases audiences everywhere? good

>>63932976
>>
>>63932471
Elaborate
>>
>>63929499
>He even made an alien who looks like Shrek be the owner of the Millenium Falcon

I don't get what this has to do with anything.
>>
>>63932910
The same shit is being said about TFA so fuck off
>>
>>63931479
It's actually not even that good. He just fell for JJs nostalgia trap
>>
>>63931166
He also defects because they were going to send him to "reconditioning", which sounds like the kind of thing one would want to escape from at any cost.
>>
>>63932953
That reinforces my point.

We don't see slip and finn be friendly. I am told this outside the movie
>>
>>63933028
That wasn't sarcasm, you have genuinely won and turned /tv/ into shit
>>
>>63933057
*tips fedora*

Well shilled, my friend!
>>
>>63932792
Because it's the first time he's in actual combat and they're in some desert shithole slaughtering unarmed brown people while his friends are getting murdered from behind and it turns out that being a Stormtrooper isn't all that great
>>
>>63933095
the rest of his life he was living conditioned. his story is shit.
>>
>>63933116
>this melodrama
t. Reddit
>>
File: slowpoke.png (12 KB, 312x295) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke.png
12 KB, 312x295
>>63933116
>turned /tv/ into shit
>>
Who will play Mike in the inevitable biopic?
>>
>>63933111
yeah I know it's terrible. everything in Finn's section of the book is stuff that should have been in the movie and isn't for no real reason. It would be life 15 minutes of extra footage if you trim to bare necessities
>>
>>63933212
rich evans
>>
>>63933212
Chris Pratt
>>
>>63933242
>the book
nice fanfic
>>
>>63933189
ur bad and should feel bad

>>63933208
I know
>>
>>63929935

Replace the word Jew with businessmen and you have your answer and a semblance of a point.
>>
>>63933317
Thanks? I really don't know what you're trying to do here. If that's a jab at it being non-canon it's got the disney logo which is a must endorsement as I can expect for a tie-in prequel book for a movie.
>>
>>63933242
that would literally make Finn the main character of the film which he obviously fucking should have been.

we're literally talking about completely restructuring the story, though, and if we're going to do that then fucking remove the Death Star first.
>>
File: 1446505910405.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1446505910405.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>63930054
>female sjw yoda
>>
>>63929654
I agree, not enough trade disputes in TFA
>>
File: yaddle.jpg (33 KB, 340x400) Image search: [Google]
yaddle.jpg
33 KB, 340x400
>>63933492
too late
>>
>>63933424
>we're literally talking about completely restructuring the story

but you don't even have to do that though. it like one more scene before the village and besides that everything is the same. and I guess you can make the tazer trooper FN-2199 or 2000. As it stands for ray we get an idea of her day to day life and even her fear of being stuck there when she looks at the old lady. With Finn we meat him a major turning point in his life without seeing what his life used to be like.
>>
>>63933569
>white privilege, you have
>>
>>63933212
>In the roll of a lifetime...
>With James Franco as "Jay"
>Melissa McCarthy as Jess
>Michel Stipe as AIDsMoby
>Terry Crews as Rich Evans
>Red Letter, White Pride: The Mike Stoklasa Story
>>
>>63933423
never cite any book over the films. ever.
>>
>>63932792
Plenty people do great in training only to lose it in the real thing
>>
File: 1424552460512.jpg (16 KB, 271x227) Image search: [Google]
1424552460512.jpg
16 KB, 271x227
>>63929654
>And then TFA turned out to be worse than the prequels

I love retarded contrarians
>>
>>63933424
Starkiller base should have been cut.

Jakku could have been its own movie
>>
>>63929654
this tbqh family
>>
Can you imagine being Mike right now
>>
>>63933886
>I'll just say contrarian when I can't prove him wrong, works everytime
>>
File: HAHAHAHAHA.jpg (84 KB, 682x600) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHAHAHA.jpg
84 KB, 682x600
>>63929654
>TFA turned out to be worse than the prequels
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
I bet they will like civil war too ... disney got them in their pockets tbqh
>>
>>63933949
A lifelong Star Wars fan whose soul was crushed by the prequels but now has a new Star Wars movie that he thoroughly enjoyed?
>>
>>63933904
>Starkiller base should have been cut.
but then we wouldn't have a son/sun's light extinguished right before han solo died
>>
>>63929654
It really is worse than the prequels. Even my normie friend saw the GIANT plotholes regarding rey and complained that han died like a chump and the next thing leya does is HUG REY and not chewie.
>>
>>63934027
>a new Star Wars movie
that he essentially created by proxy
>>
>>63934091
>there are dumbasses on /tv/ that actually believe this
>>
>>63934027
that he influenced by a bunch
>>
it would explain how reddit TFA is
>>
>>63934232
jellus douge?
>>
>>63934326
> Everything i dont like is reddit
>>
>>63929499
Well, apparently JJ and some of the people who assisted him liked the Plinkett reviews.
>>
>>63929499
>tfw I live near Milwaukee
>there is a chance I could bump into Mike while in Milwaukee sometime
>I could potentially meet someone who indirectly helped create a Star Wars movie
>>
File: 1450462107747.gif (278 KB, 300x162) Image search: [Google]
1450462107747.gif
278 KB, 300x162
>>63929654
>worse than the prequels
>>
>>63934503
sup reddit
>>
>>63929564
It is true. The Force Awakens is basically the "anti-prequel". That's why only chilrdren and autists, who like the prequels, hate TFA, while every sane adult loves the new movie.
>>
redditors figured out the best way for replies is to say the prequels were good
>>
>>63934967
>every sane adult loves the new movie

>"I need other people to like it to validate my opinion"
Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.