[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you describe Poe Dameron, Rey, Kylo Ren, Supreme Leader Snoke
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: starwarsgame.jpg (61 KB, 492x330) Image search: [Google]
starwarsgame.jpg
61 KB, 492x330
Can you describe Poe Dameron, Rey, Kylo Ren, Supreme Leader Snoke and Finn following the Red Letter Media guideline (pic related)?

Do they pass the test Mr. Plinkett said the prequel characters failed at, /tv/?
>>
I've seen at least three threads with this exact premise.

The answer is yes.
>>
>>63926862

Can you justify your answer? I haven't seen any threads like this.
>>
>>63926916
This was a good one:

http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/63802547/
>>
>grandpa issues
Guess who
>>
>Poe
Witty, incredibly confident in what he does(with good reason), easily connects with people
>Rey
Used to being independant and isn't good at forming connections with people, good at everything
>Kylo Ren
Insecure, tempermental, can't live up to an idealized image of his grandfather
>Snoke
Manipluative, cold
>Finn
A cowardly guy who's quick on his feet, and can risk himself for people he cares about, doesn't mind lying when it comes to giving a good imperssion
>>
>>63926972
Luke?

>granddad is literally the Force
>>
>Poe
Fast-talkin no-nonsense hot-headed idealistic

>Rey
Bored mary sue

>Finn
Bumbling, confused, prone to panicking

>Snoke
Palpatine

>Kylo Ren
Whiny edgelord
>>
>>63927064
Obviously not Luke, man
>>
>>63926784
Literal Edgelord

There, done.
>>
>>63926784
Rey is an autistic cow chewing mary sue

Finn is a pussy

Poe is full of Marvel approved memes.
>You talk, I talk or we both talk? xD!

Kylo is /tv/
>>
>Gender reversed Princess Leia (don't deny it)
>Abandonment issues and lust for nigger cock (Basically an average teenage girl)
>Columbine in space
>Likes seducing young boys to the dark side
>Not the type of person you want to meet in a dark alley on Coruscant
>>
Poe - Overly confident and quick-witted, but entirely capable of backing it up, though this lands him in trouble.

Rey - Desperately wants adventure but feels she can't due to her situation and shuts herself off from others as a result, resulting in her rejecting her own destiny at first. Whiz kid who is excited by spacecraft engineering and electronics.

Kylo - Intensely conflicted by his natural affinity to the light side, and has a remarkable inferiority complex, both of which he masks with a threatening demeanour. Liable to throw dangerous tantrums when things don't go as planned, and will go to extreme lengths to serve Snoke and fulfil his supposed destiny.

Finn - Liable to boast of abilities and experience that he doesn't have in order to make himself look better. He uses this initially to cover up that he's running from the First Order, but overcomes it when he returns to save Rey. Attempts to be bombastic when really he's quite clumsy, though he is a very good shot.

Snoke - Distant and uncaring of others, the First Order is merely a means to an end for his as-yet unknown goals. Kylo is important to him, almost certainly only so that he can utilise his power.
>>
>>63926784
no, because that is fucking absurd

>describe a character in a movie without using any characteristics from the movie

these are CHARACTERS, not real people, for fuck's sake.

additionally, these are space operas, not intimate character studies.
>>
>>63928035

The OT characters feel like real people, though.
>>
>>63928369
No they really don't.
>>
>>63928369
No they fucking don't. They feel like perfectly executed archetypes, which is what gave them such massively wide appeal.
>>
>>63928369
bullshit.

they're one-dimensional archetypes.
>>
File: 1438534794076.jpg (31 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1438534794076.jpg
31 KB, 600x600
>>63926784
>Poe
Meme guy

>Rey
Mary Sue

>Kylo Ren
Edgelord faggot

>Smoke
Literally who

>Finn
Token nigger.
>>
>>63928369
Fuck no. They feel like perfect movie characters.
>>
Poe Dameron - Han solo analogue, snarky pilot

Rey - Broken woman searching for a lost cause

Kylo Ren - Darth Vader fanboy

Supreme Leader Snoke - mysterious embodiment of the Dark Side. Unsure of his full role

Finn - Reluctant soldier; a natural rebel forced to fight for the wrong side
>>
Poe Dameron

Dashing, confident, competent, good-natured and good-willed. Cuts through bullshit quickly but never maliciously. Doesn't seem to have a mean streak

Rey

Used to being independent but has abandonment issues and these two facts are often in tension. Longs to belong but hedges and backs away in the face of real, solid offers of involvement. Strong sense of fairness. Hero-worshipper.

Kylo Ren

Insecure, hero-worshipper. Conservative, hates the responsibility of family whilst simultaneously worships an older ancestor. Needs to either be absolved of filial dependence or violently sever those ties, but has nothing to offer himself as far as he can because of his aforementioned insecurity, so he's highly dependent on Vader and Snoke for his raison d'etre.

Supreme Leader Snoke

Who gives a shit? Smart enough to pluck out a grunt with daddy issues and offer power in exchanges for use and loyalty. Guess he's evil.

>Finn

Insecure, mostly self-centered and fearful, bungling (never in a self-abasing way) self-preserver who nevertheless has a reckless impulse to involve himself with others, especially where fairness and justice are concerned, probably because he's seeking a cause. Fundamentally has a heart of gold. His fear and his desire to belong are in tension. Lies often in a self-aggrandizing fashion, but never for self-gain, always for self-preservation, and he clearly doesn't like this about himself because he quickly accepts people seeing through him with an obvious air of relief (note how quickly he gets buddy-buddy with Poe after Poe's "you need a pilot, don't you?")

Honestly, these characters are miles better than anything in the PT. They are actually understandable as people. Only Rey is still a little mysterious to me, because all her "refusal of the call" moments didn't always make the most sense to me, but I guess she just wasn't mature enough to realize that there's nothing for her to wait for on Jakku.
>>
>>63926784
>>63926983
>>63927068
>>63927259
>>63927917
>>63928643
>>63929748

Since a lot of common characteristics are emerging, I guess they pass.
>>
>>63926784
Poe: no clue, he had a few lines but as dead for 95% of the movie so I don't even know who he is

Rey: has no flaws or personality

Kylo: manlet, emotionally unstable, obsessed, edgelord

Snoke: sneaky? emperor clone.

Finn: bumbling, jar jar
>>
>>63929912
>Kylo: manlet
Literally didn't watch the movie tier
>>
>>63926784
most of the prequel characters pass this too though

not that they're necessarily good characters mind, but that segment of the video has always stood out to me as really misleading

I get the point mike was making, that the characters are not as memorable to normal people as the OT cast (and that this in turn is a symptom of a larger problem with the movie) but if you pay attention it's not hard to come up with at least 3 traits for each of them

it just sorta irks me to see that it's blown up so when it's really just a means to an end in the video
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.