[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It was too self-aware t︂b︂︂h
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
It was too self-aware t︂b︂︂h
>>
Yes, the winks and nudges were insufferable, not to mention it had an uninspired story, forgettable characters and very soulless, "cash-in" feel.

Still better than TPM though
>>
It was too rushed t︂b︂︂h
>>
>the "It's another Death Star" lines
>the trash compactor joke
>Finn starting up the chess game

There was nothing beyond that.

I'd take a few self-aware references to the complete lack of self-awareness that the prequels and George Lucas had. I liked the prequels but still
>>
>>63926248
>There was nothing beyond that
Are you serious?
>>
>>63926248
>actually liking self-aware wink moments
pleb as fuck
>>
>>63926248
>>the trash compactor joke
Good and appropriate callback stop crying prequelbabbies
>>
>>63927211
Yep

>>63927247
nice meme
>>
File: 1425208954565.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1425208954565.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>63926248
>he unironically enjoys fan service
>>
>>63926004
I want this "le I hated it" meme to die.

It was fantastic. I've seen it twice and like it better the second time.

>that deep lore and untold back story between Han, Leia and the fall of Ben Solo

>That ancient, scarred and mysterious alien Snoke

>Dat history on Jakku

>Luke being considered a myth

>Kylo Ren trying so hard to be an intimidating badass but deep down he's a sad, confused child that just wants to live up to his families legacy

>Reys intro and theme was GOAT

>Finn and Poe are literally bro-tier characters. How can you not love them?

>Harrison Ford giving a shit

>T8TR Stormtrooper

>Rey being a cutie
My only negatives

>You will never lick Daisy Ridleys asshole

>Rey
>>
>>63926248
Hello lowest common denominator!
>>
>>63927622
Hey reddit
>>
File: 1449435860972.jpg (45 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
1449435860972.jpg
45 KB, 720x405
>>63927429
>>
>>63925812
It'll be easily digested in this Marvel meme filled aged. Franchises can no longer take themselves seriously. There has to be a meta wink-wink, nudge, nudge to satisfy the retards and manchildren
>>
File: 1448286708302.jpg (169 KB, 479x450) Image search: [Google]
1448286708302.jpg
169 KB, 479x450
>>63927776
>>
>>63927828
>Star Wars has never had jokes
>Star Wars has always taken itself 100% seriously
underage detected
>>
>>63927429
Hello reddit!
>>
>>63925812
IF YOU CANT SEE WHAT AN OBVIOUS PLOY THE FILM IS TO INDOCTRINATE PEOPLE INTO CULTURAL MARXIST PROPAGANDA , YOU ARE RETARDED AND A SHILL

>every cut to an officer or pilot is a woman or alien
>forced wise old asian sage feminist
>main character is forced nig male and tough 'no man needed' woman
>other main character is a spic
>main villian is white male who is an allegory for the average heterosexual white male in todays society
>shitty forced "i dont want you to hold my hand, i can survive on my own" scene
>"i can handle myself"
>finn is a complete coward and his only drive to save everyone is the chance he will rescue rey and be her boyfriend

the newly freed woman, no longer bound to the archaic constitutional and biblical patriarchal shackles of her fathers, embarks on a space adventure for self discovery with her black companion

1. women DONT need to be led or supported by men

2. men grabbing womens hand in tense and dangerous situations is a sign of dominance NOT equality and is wrong

3. women especially young ones DONT need help from older experienced men, because they are men and secretly your enemy and only want sex from you
>>
>>63927910
Are you new to Star Wars? Or is your brain wired to Nolan and Marvel movies?
>>
>>63927987
>you will never be this delusional and mentally ill
feels good
>>
>>63927828

The Star Wars originals were always normie type fan service filled shit.

So underage.
>>
>>63928034
>already indoctrinated so far, reality is just a theme park

Nice to meet you reddit.
>>
>>63927429
>any opinion other than my own
>must be a meme

It was rote, soulless trash with little style and even less substance. In other words, typical Abrams. And no, my opinion is not some fucking meme.
>>
>>63927910
>>63928062
It's okay, anon to admit that TFA was your first Star Wars experience.
>>
desu
>>
>>63928016
I've been a Star Wars fan my whole life, have never seen a Marvel movie beyond Spider-Man 2 and don't even like Nolan.

Star Wars is a campy space fantasy serial. Fuck off.
>>
>>63925812
It's honestly as good as big Hollywood productions get nowadays.

Name one better movie with similar budget since The Dark Knight.

Protip: You can't.
>>
>>63927429
Sorry its not a meme to criticize a film.
>>
Prequel fan service:
- Remember C3P0? Oh yeah, fucking Anakin built him as an 8-year-old child.
- Remember Boba Fett? Well, it turns out his dad (whom he was cloned from) was the template for an army of clonetroopers!
- Remember how we said Yoda trained Obi-wan? Yeah it was actually this other dude lol.
- Remember that training ball on the Millennium Falcon? Well, it turns out that that was actually an official Jedi training droid!
- Remember Greedo? Well, it turns out he was friends with Anakin when they were little kids!

TFA fan service:
- Remember the trash compactor?
- Here's that thing you like!
- Here's that other thing you like!
- Oh, it's the chess board!

Now, which is worse?
>>
>>63929287
The latter because you're upset people don't like your pleb trash marvel movie pretending to be star wars.
>>
>>63929307
I didn't really like TFA, senpai.
>>
>>63929287
Yeah, the prequels hit geniunley retarded levels of fanservice
>>
>>63928865
i think i would probably even take the avengers over this

at least that movie pretended to have an imagination and was sort of entertaining

most of these blockbusters really are uninspired and boring by the book cookie cutter productions though. only getting worse too..
>>
>>63929287
>Remember C3P0? Oh yeah, fucking Anakin built him as an 8-year-old child.

not fan service

>Remember Boba Fett? Well, it turns out his dad (whom he was cloned from) was the template for an army of clonetroopers!

not fan service

>Remember how we said Yoda trained Obi-wan? Yeah it was actually this other dude lol.

still not fan service

>Remember that training ball on the Millennium Falcon? Well, it turns out that that was actually an official Jedi training droid!

not fan service

>Remember Greedo? Well, it turns out he was friends with Anakin when they were little kids!
not fan service

yeah none of that is "fan service". These aren't winks or nudges, these aren't tongue-in-cheek or ironic, these aren't self-aware. They're there because they belong there.

>Remember the trash compactor?
>Here's that thing you like!
>Here's that other thing you like!
>Oh, it's the chess board!
yikes, pure pandering, not even fucking trying

anyone with a brain realizes TFA is worse, in fact it's not even a contest. There is no fan service in the prequels. The very fact that there isn't any fan service in the prequels is one of the main reasons they are so alienating for redditors.

>omg who are these people
>why are the ships all chrome and shiny
>fuck politics xD

>>63929374
lol
>>
>>63929749
GREAT shitpost wow lad
>>
>>63929862
it's not a shitpost kid
>>
>>63929287
Based on your list, the prequels were way, way worse, but I don't think that's the point you thought you were making.
>>
>>63929749
>They're there because they belong there.

/tv/ confirmed for defending the prequel trilogy

LITERAL simpering contrarians
>>
>>63927429
>Rey's theme GOAT
I'll take whatever you're smoking
>>
>>63930073
>le contrarians
becoming upset when exposed to contrasting opinions is a sign of mental immaturity

feel free to enjoy your inauthentic self-aware nostalgia fan service video game trash, I won't stop you
>>
>>63929349
>lying on the internet

Hello reddit!
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.