[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Ray is such a Mary Sue! She can do anything just cause!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5
File: Boba Fett.jpg (33 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
Boba Fett.jpg
33 KB, 450x300
>Ray is such a Mary Sue! She can do anything just cause!

>What? Boba Fett? I love him! Mandolorians are such badasses!

Don't get me wrong, Rey is a Mary Sue of the highest degree, but this is a fanbase that constantly sucks the cocks of an entire race of people who can kick anyones ass ever just because "lol Mandos" and has done for well over two decades.
>>
boba fett isnt even close to a mary sue lol
>>
would people still call rey a mary sue if she had lost a limb during the fight with kylo?
>>
Boba fett fucks up all the time and is eaten by a giant anus
He is far from being a mary sue
>>
Fett purposely died like a bitch because George Lucas didn't like the fact that he developed a massive fanbase

George didn't want the bad guys to have fans
>>
>>63921650
Did Boba fett even do anything in the OT?
>>
>>63921725
>>63921683
Tell that to nearly every person to write something to do with Star Wars after ROTJ
>>
>>63921755
no
star wars fans were so desperate for material they spent all their time dreaming up why he was so cool.
>>
Didn't Boba Fett die like a bitch in the first 10 minutes of a movie?
>>
>>63921683
>>63921725
>>63921755

>They don't know about how bad the mando wank got within the fanbase
>>
>>63921650
He doesn't do anything in the OT to be considered a Mary Sue. And even if he was, it's okay to have one dimensional bad ass characters as side characters. You do not want the main character to be a Mary Sue.

That being said, Rey isn't a Mary Sue and people are quick to hate her because she's a woman and they just want to complain about feminism, even if they don't want to admit it.
>>
>>63921773
So your excuse that the movie presentation of Rey is a mary sue is that the novel presentation of Boba Fett is as well? God damn are you reaching. Even if your ascertation of hypocrisy was true, I always thought that people loved Boba Fett because of his character design and how he captured Han.
>>
>>63921899
She's absolutely a Mary Sue.
>>
>>63921720
Probably not.
>>
>>63921650
>Good at one thing, bounty hunting

You don't know what a mary sue is
>>
File: Batdance.gif (987 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Batdance.gif
987 KB, 300x225
>>63921899
>It's not ok to have one dimensional mary sue characters as main characters

Explain Batman then
>>
>>63921857
He got eaten by some sand monster I think.
>>
>>63921942
>How he captured Han

Yeah I love how he got Vader to do it and then said "put Solo in the cargo hold"

Such a badass capture of Han Solo.
>>
>>63921899
Name one thing that she tries to do and fails at. Literally the only thing I can think of is when she is captured, but even that was a sacrificial move to let the droid escape, and she accomplished that goal.
>>
>Boba Fett
>Mandalorian

Lel you already goofed
>>
>>63921650
Yeah I remember how Boba Fett befriended all the good guys and then he became a jedi.

He definitely wasn't some guy with cool armor that got bitched out by a desert monster.
>>
>>63922021
Exactly, I always thought it was indicative of how much respect he commanded to be able to both tell Vader what to do, as well as get the prize after the plan worked.
>>
>>63922151
At what point is it ever shown to be Fetts plan?
>>
>>63922021
He doesn't even have to catch the guys he makes his bitch vader do it. How is that not fuc*ing bad a**
>>
>>63921869
>Caring about non-cannon EU stuff
>>
i think the most fett does of importance is tell the empire were cloud city is offscreen but i havent seen this shit in forever.
>>
>>63921650
I don't understand. What are you trying to say?
Because you don't appear to be comparing them and yet you act like one is superior to the other.
>>
>>63921650
>talking about EU shit like it matters

Great thread you have here
>>
File: Das it mane.png (325 KB, 522x593) Image search: [Google]
Das it mane.png
325 KB, 522x593
>>63922369
I'm merely pointing out that the fanbase through the EU spent over 20 years making Boba Fett and Mandolorians into a bunch of Mary Sues who can do anything ranging from escaping the Sarlaac pit (more than once) and being able to defeat force sensitive Jedi purely because Boba Fett looked fucking badass in the films. It's so prevelant a thing that even normies who haven't read any EU stuff associate Boba Fet with badassery despite him doing next to fuck all in the films because the fans were so loud and proud with their Fett wanking.

Which is fine.

But when that same fanbase complains that Rey is a Mary Sue (which she absolutely is) it reeks of double standards.

I'm not saying either one is superior to the other, though Rey is actually a character unlike Fett but that only comes from having more than like, 5 lines
>>
Boba Fett didn't do anything. Vader captured Han Solo for him. All he did was stand around and then get eaten by a giant vagina.
>>
>fett
>mary sue
He gets his ass kicked and then falls into a sand vagina
>>
>>63921650
a
>>
>>63921650

Yes i remember how the mandos kicked Revan's ass.

Oh wait
They got so humiliated they are still butthurt about it.

Based Revan beating the shit out of the great mandalore with his bare hands and without using the force.
>>
>>63922854
People think Boba Fett is cool because he looks cool, nobody was listening to or caring about you EU faggots
>>
>>63922208
I thought it was heavily implied that the empire didn't have a plan when they called in the bounty hunters in the first place, so when the empire suddenly had knowledge and foresight about hans movements it was actually Boba's doing
>>
>>63923073
they show fett ship following them. that might be only the later versions of the movie though.
>>
>>63923069
>Based Revan beating the shit out of the great mandalore with his bare hands and without using the force.

that's mary sue as fuck. Revan was the Sue Lord Of the Mary side of the force
>>
>this joker
>A mary sue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwC_o_fcW1s
>>
Nobody liked Karen Traviss and her Mando wank OP.
>>
>>63923182
>Kidnapped by Sith Emperor and raped for 300 years
>Gets killed by a ragtag team of literal nobodies
>Gets bested by Bastilla
>Gets mind raped by the Jedi

>Mary Sue

Revan is the story of someone with great potential getting raped all the time. So no not a mary sue
>>
>>63921970
Batman gets his back shattered by bane and nearly dies. He also lets like 4 different robins get killed. Batman as a character is flawed as fuck man.
>>
>>63923182
Considering they were the player character in an RPG, no shit sherlock.
Might as well say it's canon that Revan basically got jedi speed as the first thing they learned and then ran really fast collecting everything.
>>
>>63923073
In what possible way was it heavily implied? You see them hire a bunch of bounty hunters, you see Fett follow Solo and then you see Vader and Co capture him.

If anything, Fett was more of a private eye in that respect.

But even so, it takes a lot of assuming to think that cloud city was Fetts show given that there is precisely fuck all to suggest this in the film.
>>
>>63923259
>reading Legacy of the Force
>I'm enjoying this
>get to first Traviss book
>this is kind of annoying but I'm sure it'll be different next time
>get to second
>again? Oh fuck off killing Mara fuck you
>just angry the entire time I read the third one and glad it's over
>>
totally not storm troopers were a great race.
revan was a good friend
>>
>>63923332
it's Rpg not MSPG (mary sue playing gmae)
>>
didn't all that EU junk get erased and now Fett is just some extra that got eaten by a desert butthole?
>>
How is Fett a Mary Sue in the film? No one gives a fuck about fanfiction and non-canon books.
Oh wait, he isn't
>>
>>63923495
you kidding
there is more fetts than anything thanks to the clone wars.
>>
File: Lottie.jpg (35 KB, 216x317) Image search: [Google]
Lottie.jpg
35 KB, 216x317
>>63923316
>He legit doesn't think Batman is a mary sue

He has had 3 Robins die. Jason, Stephanie and Damian. He had his back broken once.
He is also a character that has existed since the 1930's.

4 stories does not combat the sheer amount of batwank that has occured in that time. Batman is constantly shown being able to kick anyones ass and do anything.

They're literally making a movie about the fact that the bloke can legit fight a dude who it is shown in Man of Steelcan fly around the world in well under a minute (see the scene where he takes out the teraformer thing on the opposite side fo the world to metropolis and then just flies back there like it aint no thing)

And that is the view of Batman that is prevalent in society.
>>
>anti boba fett thread
faggot feminist spotted
>>
>>63923514
Ask anyone "is Boba Fett a badass?"

The response you will get is "yeah of course he is" 9 times out of 10

The reason why he is seen as badass in the public consciusness is because of the fanwank in the EU

and don't tell me that none of the EU stuff never made it into public consciousness, Ewoks are never mentioned by name in the film but everyone knows what they are, because of sad acts who read EU books and supliments to the film.
>>
>>63922054
Name one thing Luke failed at in a New Hope.
>>
>Boba Fett gets about 3 scenes and isn't even named until he is killed in the most humiliating way possible
>>
>>63923733
never read anything EU related and i still think hes badass .. ur just a faggot m8
>>
>>63923929
That's exactly my point m8, the EU has influenced the public perception of Boba Fett. You only think he's a badass because of that.

It certainly can't be of the films in which he just sort of stands there, says "put solo in the cargo hold", just sort of stands there some more and then dies.
>>
>>63923586
What's the old winner for Batman?

"He just needs research time."
>>
>>63923840
Luke and Han went into the Death Star rescue mission without a plan to escape. They would have been overwhelmed and killed if Leia hadn't gotten them out of the detention block.
Luke would have died in the trench run if Han hadn't showed up to blast Vader's cronies at the last second.
Luke got beat up by Sand People and Obi Wan had to come save him.
Luke got beat up by bar patrons and Obi Wan had to come save him.
Luke continues to get beat up and saved by someone else over the course of the whole trilogy.
>>
>>63921773
>Thinks Robot Chicken episodes on Boba Fett are canon
>>
>>63924081
People thought he was badass before the EU was a thing you fucking moron. He just looked cool, that was all it took
>>
>>63923586
Synder already said that Batman wouldnt stand a chance. Theyll probably have Batman stall long enough for him to realize hes been played or something. Superman even said in the trailer he could end it whenever he wanted
>>
>>63923355
Then we bring it back to the original point: being like a private eye in that respect is cool, and while my original reasons as to why I thought he was cool don't apply to everyone, there is enough reason for people to like Boba Fett from only the movie, where he is certainly not a mary sue.
>>
>>63924198
So, he accomplished everything because he had friends to help him. Same with Rey, she would have been dead without Finn, Solo, Chewie, bb8 and Poe. If you can't see that, watch the movie again.
>>
>>63921650
I'm pretty sure that the people who think TFA is good, is the same group of people who unironically love Boba Fett, so you're kind of pointing to a non-existent hypocrisy.
At least from my experience.
>>
>>63923840
He got beat up by sand people
He gets beat up by the alien in the bar
He fails to save Obi-wan when he was definitely trying
Obi-wan dies because of his botched escape attempt
Almost dies in a trash compactor

The reason he is not a mary sue is that he relies on people, he couldn't have done all the things he did on his own, which is a very important distinction. Rey was a stronk inderperdant womyn to a fault, in that she didn't need anyones help at any point, save for maybe finn pulling her out of the tent or fighting off rylo for a bit
>>
>>63921650
>this is a fanbase that constantly sucks the cocks of an entire race of people who can kick anyones ass ever just because "lol Mandos" and has done for well over two decades.
>anyones ass
>Mandalorians even having a chance at touching ma nigga revan
>>
Jango > Boba
>>
>>63924198
Also, without knowledge of the Force and Obi Wan's help, the trench run would've been a failure and Yavin would have been oliterated.
>>
>>63924500
Yeah remember when Finn rescued her from those scavengers on Jakku and ... oh wait.
Ok, remember when Han and Finn rescued her from Ren while she was shackled and... oh wait.
>>
>>63921650
>>63921869
M8, people still shit on Karen Traviss to this day because of what she pulled with the mando cock sucking.
Yes, it was fucking awful, yes, she had a legion of autistic sycophants that shat the bed when it got retconned, but don't claim nobody called it out for what it was.
>>
>>63924500
Theres only one point I can remember where Rey needed someone else to help her and that is when her and Finn were escaping Jakku, and thats just because the Falcon and the turrets aren't controlled from the same room. Everything else she does on her own.
>>
>>63921720

No, just more Luke 2.0 with a robot hand
>>
>>63924763
And that's the problem. They could have taken out Finn, Poe, Han and Chewie and it wouldn't have effected the outcome of the movie. For the most part Rey does it all on her own.
>>
File: Daisy-Ridley-Feet-2035868.jpg (1 MB, 2173x1760) Image search: [Google]
Daisy-Ridley-Feet-2035868.jpg
1 MB, 2173x1760
you faggots gotta understand, that the reason everything worked out fine with Rey was that she was using the force from the very start, she just didnt know it

that's why she called things close to her, like the millenium falcoln, ending up with the lightsaber etc

she's Sheev level force user
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.