[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Capt. Phasma
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: phasma.jpg (485 KB, 650x975) Image search: [Google]
phasma.jpg
485 KB, 650x975
Will she become a good guy, just like Finn did? I'd imagine that the entire First Order is after her head after she simply lowered the Starkiller shields instead of fighting to the death.
>>
>>63920978
How could anyone prove she lowered the shields? The planet turned into a freaking star. There are no records or anything
>>
More importantly, will she actually get some screentime?
>>
>>63920978
They killed her though.
>>
>>63920978
She's the new Boba Fett. She'll get minimum screentime/characterization while being set up as a badass, only to get killed in what is supposed to be a humorous moment
>>
>>63922120
She's in the next movie, so she must have gotten out of the trash compactor and left the planet in time.
>>
>>63921839
How do you know this? We have live upload with our pitiful technology today, why wouldn't they have security cameras beaming footage to some offsite storage as a failsafe? And why wouldn't they have something like the shield generator or whatever the fuck under constant surveillance?
Plus there are literal mind readers and fortune tellers in the universe. Surely the giant reanimated Vader could tell what happened
>>
>>63922402
What if she's in VIII but only in a flashback to Finn's training?
>>
literal trash character
>>
>>63922595
Then she's an even more wasted villain than I thought possible.
>>
I think she'll be a running gag.
She'll likely get a moment of awesome in the 2nd and/or third movie, but always end up indirectly helping the resistance in some way.
>>
>>63922967
Hopefully.
Her voice is cute.
>>
>>63924117
>Thinking the dyke bitch from GoT is "cute"

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Metroid is probably going to turn rogue and head off on her own at the end of the movie.

Why didn't she radio for help inside her helmet when she was captured?
Why would a captain be able to lower shields for an entire planet? Wouldn't that be a job for a team of technicians?
>>
>>63920978
I went into the movie having avoided the majority of marketing, and my reaction to her was she was as much of a character as she needed to be. She was Finn's boss early on, and was established as a unique Stormtrooper so that plotwise she could get sued later. It made it easier to understand her having codes than if the good guys had just grabbed some random Stormtrooper and hoped he knew.

The film itself never set her up as more than a bit character. Blame the marketing and crap around the film.
>>
File: CPT_Phasma.jpg (183 KB, 625x476) Image search: [Google]
CPT_Phasma.jpg
183 KB, 625x476
>>63924233
*sued = used.

kek.

Anyway, yeah. She was walking middle management who was there to get captured. That's it. Blame spergs for wanting more just because she looked cool.
>>
>>63924186
>the empire has had two of it's super weapons destroyed because of lack of foresight when building weak-points or putting up defenses
>ignores all of this and goes ahead to build a mega super weapon with a shield that can be disabled by one person at a terminal and just needs one building blown up in order to explode and literally become a sun
>>
The cereal box I purchased promised me she would be really cool...fuck you, Honey Oats.
>>
>>63922495

Nigga, people dont even know what the millenium falcon looks like yet heard of the name and Jedi are still considered myths. Its clear the record keeping is something NOBODY ever does.
>>
>>63924427
cont
>how and why did the remnants of the empire carve a sun absorbing laser into the side of a planet anyways?
>did they really need to blow up the republic that much?
>wouldn't they have had a better return for their investment with something more practical like a fleet??

I wish they would have just said something like "this was a prototype deathstar that the old empire abandoned after it got better plans and we just fixed it" that would have at least made it make some sense
>>
File: burning_man.gif (793 KB, 500x218) Image search: [Google]
burning_man.gif
793 KB, 500x218
>>63924717
I think (and this is something I'm happy about) is that the new movies will try their hardest to ignore the prequels and only focus on continuing the OT (while grudging still considering it canon).

In the 'A New Hope', Jedi and the force were considered a myth and a dead ancient religion. That is something that also makes no sense for an Imperial officer who lived through the Prequels to say (and no, "the Empire destroyed records" is not adequate explanation).

So, instead I think the new trilogy is directing following only what is presented in the OT, which is that Jedi are an extremely old and very rare order that for the most part died out before the lifetimes of people in the OT.

Good riddance, because picture related is retarded.
>>
>>63924940
dont forget the power of a brutal dictator ship to erase history
>>
>>63925197
Officers in A New Hope who were like in their 50s would have been recruits in their mid-20s, training at major centers, if not at Corusant itself. Going by how the PT presented Jedi, they'd have seen Jedi, since in the PT you can't go two steps without running into one.

Add that the new trilogy talks about the first Jedi temple and stuff, and I think we're seeing a revival of the idea Jedi are very secret and old, and not the kind of people who'd plot down a giant ass stadium full of younglings in Corusant.
>>
She is dead. Crushed in a garbage compactor with her remains swallowed by the star.
>>
>>63924940
>In the 'A New Hope', Jedi and the force were considered a myth and a dead ancient religion
Watch the scene again. Nothing about it implies those things, because Vader and Obi-Wan are fucking alive. Don't let your blind prequel hate get in the way of simple logic. Trying to use those lines to claim they fucked up means the movie in itself fucked up since Vader and Obi-Wan are normal humans the same age or younger than many of these imperial officers.

They say ancient religion, but that's technically true, Jedi existed for thousands of years. It's an ancient religion the same way Christianity is, but still exists today.

Also, Tarkin acknowledges Vader as the last of his religion, which implies he at least knows about it, which speaks to his knowledge and the others ignorance.

I always got the feeling from the scene that it wasn't "The Force doesn't exist and never has because it died before I was born", and was more Vader being scoffed at for implying it as stronger and more grand than a planet destroying battlestation.
>>
>>63924834
oh cool it's one of those guys who think's he's plinket by whining about every reasonable thing in the movie that they didn't take time to explain

>how and why
The empire didn't just go away when the 2nd death star blew up. It was still a galaxy spanning empire that controlled most of the galaxy, and they had several decades to build this new death star. Consider that the DS2 only took a couple years to make. Why? To blow up planets.

>did they really need to blow up the replublic that much?
pretty much, yes. And it worked, really, really well. They actually DID blow up like 6 populated planets. This weapon was clearly successful.

>wouldn't a fleet be better
I doubt ANY fleet could manage to blow up a bunch of populated planets like that before getting stopped, and before anybody could evacuate. Even with getting blown up before it's second firing, the station was a massive success.
>>
File: phasma.jpg (306 KB, 627x886) Image search: [Google]
phasma.jpg
306 KB, 627x886
>>
>>63925762
>it's okay for a movie to have unexplained plot inconsistencies as long as I liked it
hello Reddit, let me guess, this is the second most EPIC movie you've seen after Guardians of teh Galaxy XD?

So the Empire, after spending 30 years building the Death Star followed by another one and the destruction of both along with a large portion of it's fleet and entire leadership structure is supposed to have the resources to terraform an entire planet into a fucking giant space laser just to blow up six populated planets for supporting the resistance which consists of about 30 x-wings and general Leia?
I have no idea how anyone can sit through a movie and be completely okay with this
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.