[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is not a film, this is not a movie, it's not even a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Merchandise.jpg (2 MB, 1458x2160) Image search: [Google]
Merchandise.jpg
2 MB, 1458x2160
This is not a film, this is not a movie, it's not even a flick or kino or cinema.

This is a Product.
>>
>>63920847
I read Armond's review too.
>>
>>63920847
This is not a review, this is not a comment, it's not even a rant or a pun or writing.

This is OP being a faggot.
>>
File: forya.jpg (342 KB, 545x1406) Image search: [Google]
forya.jpg
342 KB, 545x1406
so a movie

Film vs Movie vs Cinema is real, but kino, fllick, etc were added by tasteless drones that were made insecure by this whole thing.

“A movie is made for an audience and a film is made for both the audience and the filmmakers. I think that The Game is a movie and I think Fight Club‘s a film. I think that Fight Club is more than the sum of its parts, whereas Panic Room is the sum of its parts. I didn’t look at Panic Room and think: Wow, this is gonna set the world on fire. These are footnote movies, guilty pleasure movies. Thrillers. Woman-trapped-in-a-house movies. They’re not particularly important.” - David Fincher

"My film is not a movie. My film is not about Vietnam. It is Vietnam. It's what it was really like. It was crazy. We were in the jungle, there were too many of us, we had access to too much money, too much equipment, and little by little we went insane." — Francis Ford Coppola

>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film#Terminology_used
>By contrast, in the US "movie" is the predominant form. Although the words "film" and "movie" are sometimes used interchangeably, "film" is more often used when considering artistic, theoretical, or technical aspects, as studies in a university class and "movies" more often refers to entertainment or commercial aspects, as where to go for fun on a date. For example, a book titled "How to Read a Film" would be about the aesthetics or theory of film, while "Lets Go to the Movies" would be about the history of entertaining movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMsp05iSk7s

movies are about economics.
cinema is about esthetics.
film is about politics.
-"How To Read A Film" by James Monaco

Also the separation is recognized in these texts
Bresson's Notes on the Cinematographer
Tarkovsky's Sculpting in Time
Delleuze's Cinema I&II
>>
This is not a meme, this is not a shitpost, it's not even a dank maymay.

This is me being an edgelord fedora cunt
>>
>implying a product can't be art
Woah grandpa where we at? The 18th century or some shit?
>>
>>63921059
A product is designed to be consumed by the masses. It only serves to sell and make a profit, which is what The Force Awakens is.
>>
>>63920847
And this post is a Reddit
>>
cry moar bitch nigga
>>
>>63921168
Why did someone make a similar post to this back home before you decided to show up here last week for episode 7?
>>
File: Batman.jpg (27 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Batman.jpg
27 KB, 300x400
>>63920847
Thanks for advertising it.
>>
>>63920847
Star Wars has been a product ever since Return of the Jedi.
>>
Me: I enjoy eating candy
OP: Candy is not gourmet, it's not cuisine, it's not even food. Candy is a Product.
>>
>>63921336
You mean ever since A New Hope.
>>
>>63921168
Star Wars was the artistic genocide of mainstream film. You'd absolutely need to be brainwashed /v/eddit child to have any fondness for any of this toy commercial series. If you have an affinity for the millenium falcon then you may as well have an affinity for corporate logos.
>>
Everything's a product, nothing is real, time is an illusion. We know, fucking move on.
>>
>>63920999
>Also the separation is recognized in these texts
>Bresson's Notes on the Cinematographer
>Tarkovsky's Sculpting in Time
>Delleuze's Cinema I&II

Two of these taxts being written in French, where the term of 'movie' doesn't exist and 'film' and 'cinema' properly designate two different things (one being the medium, the other the art form).
>>
>>63921098
That's not even a response to my post. How can you pretend to be a critic if you can't even parse the language you're writing in?
>>
No, it's a movie that stands by itself. It might not be great and you might not like it, but it's not a product.

Star Trek Into Darkness is a product. Jurassic World is a product. Independence Day 2 (the trailer of which may as well be bill paxton saying "It's happening AGAIN?!") is a product. All of the transformers films are a product. Adam Sandler's films are products.

TFA isn't. At all.
>>
>>63921423
Thanks, Banksy. We're all so woke now.
>>
>>63921502
>so woke
nigger get out
>>
>>63920847

Well OP has his point.

Companies make flicks to bring people to cinemas for enjoy a mindless action big budget films and get revenue for it.

Disney not only bought LucasArts for get Star Wars IP on, they just rehashed the same story from A New Hope. They just are selling Star Wars name, not even a new device from it.
>>
>>63921499
>Jurassic World is a product
Jurassic world is art compared to this committee filmmaking mess
>>
>>63921572

>A woman and a black are main characters! This must be committee decided, checklist ticking, SJW bullshit

grow up
>>
>>63921485
It is a response you idiot, if you got what I was saying, you'd understand that I was saying that the Force Awakens is a shiny product that only exists to sell and make money. Art exists as a form of purely creative expression. Do not try to counter-argue that Art is also about being sold, because it isn't; the economics of selling Art is different from Art itself, and only added to it for market purposes.

You're a moron.
>>
>>63920847
I'd say it's a joint.
>>
>>63921660
Where does it say that? Ctrl+F shows only your post mentioning such thing

Perhaps its time for you to grow up?
>>
>>63920847
Nice reddit meme, you cunt.
>>
>>63921799
See >>63921254
>>
>>63921294
/thread
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.