[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>60% of the entire film was just lifted or referencing the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: hqdefault.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>60% of the entire film was just lifted or referencing the original trilogy
>there was even a trench run scene where they shoot out a heating system
>There were quips every 5 seconds like tony stark wrote this shit so that retards with short attention spans would be able to wrap their orangutan minds around it
>the new content was embarrassing, Kylo Ren looking like a 12 year old with lupis ruining all of his presence
>light saber fight with an apparently trained Kylo Ren where he gets hit a few times by fin man sucks, why didnt he just use the force on him like he'd done a million times to this point
>cgi was spotty
>dood from Frank was space Hitler
>snoke was just dumb menacing villain
>mfw watching two hour long toy commercial
>mfw star wars will never again be a series with serious themes like the original trilogy
>mfw it has a 95% on RT
>mfw people clapped at every reference to past films like their balls were being milked
>mfw people clap

So this is how cinema dies, with thunderous applause
>>
The movie isnt as great as everyone is saying, Ive watched it 3 times so far and it gets far less watchable with every viewing.

I can watch ANH dozens of times but TFA will not stand on its own mainly for the fact it has all those references. The whole thing feels like a fan wank.
>>
Its only in its first week and it was like 7.5/10 on metacritic last i checked. Once the initial euphoria dies down guarantee people will be more critical.
>>
>>63920779
It felt the entire film was just a diorama with scenes cut out from 4, 5 and 6 and pasted onto it. Its like the disney execs hired a 45 year old basement dweller to show them what he wants in a star wars film and they figured out he just wanted a remake.
>>
>>63920694
>quoting the prequels
Shit taste detected.
>>
>>63921910
gotta meme hard if you wanna be the best of em kid
>>
>>63920779
>watched it 3 times so far
So its people such as yourself who are feeding this beast?
For shame.
>>
>>63920779
>it wasn't good
>but I watched it three times
Okay...
>>
>>63921910

>Defending soulless, mislabeled cashgrabs in an effort to keep your depression away long enough to not kill yourself
>>
>>63920926
>hey george, you know this franchise built around sci-fi action and adventure? With unique and relatable characters going through legitimate arcs? We really, really, really, really want you to make that into a dry political drama centered around completely unrelatable characters who don't develop at all.

Said no one ever
>>
File: mfw_hound.jpg (74 KB, 463x488) Image search: [Google]
mfw_hound.jpg
74 KB, 463x488
>>63922179
Are you implying the PT had a soul? Or that it wasn't a cashgrab?
>>
File: 1353788850322.png (171 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
1353788850322.png
171 KB, 334x393
>>63920694
>the new content was embarrassing, Kylo Ren looking like a 12 year old with lupis ruining all of his presence

>you in charge of getting his character
>>
You just gotta realize that you have actual taste, and that most people applauding haven't even seen any other sci-fi in their lives.

It's the only acceptable normalfag sci-fi. They tried to reboot Star Trek to be the same, but no one really gives a shit about those now.

Anyone that actually cares about film or watches them as a hobby should be able to easily see the issues.

It's even shittier that people do see them but go "I DON'T CARE I HAD FUN", like that makes them to immune to legitimate criticism or that you can't dislike it because "it's fun"
>>
File: 1424585656991.jpg (62 KB, 517x610) Image search: [Google]
1424585656991.jpg
62 KB, 517x610
most of these things are like a beautiful symmetry or like poetry, they rhyme. fugging bleb :D:D
>>
>>63920694
>There were quips every 5 seconds like tony stark wrote this shit so that retards with short attention spans would be able to wrap their orangutan minds around it

I know, but it's Han. motherfucker was full of those in the original trilogy. so was Leia

>You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought.
>>
>>63920694
your only valid point is the clapping
>>
>>63922423
>I know, but it's Han
Most of them came from Finn
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.