[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This entire sequence felt like an Austin Powers movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 21
There was absolutely no reason to keep a Jedi alive except to allow her to survive and continue the plot.

It's almost as if Kylo Ren read the script.
>>
Kylo Ren was obsessed with finding Luke and it clouded his judgment. Try watching the movie
>>
>>63918519
If she dies then they don't have the map
>>
He had literally no reason or intent to kill her
>>
>>63918519
Dude.. were you paying attention to the movie? She is the one who knows where the map is.
>>
He also said he wanted to train her, watch the movie before posting faggot
>>
>i can take anything i want
>not literally raping her right then and there

fucking disney.... even lucas would have alluded to rape
>>
File: 4ReqKsK.jpg (57 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
4ReqKsK.jpg
57 KB, 919x720
Wow, another thread where the faggot OP tries to pick apart the story and fails with flying colors.

You know what we need? Literally 30 more threads of this shit every day. I can't get enough.
>>
Anyone else found this scene awkward and full of sexual tension? Kylo has trouble talking to a young woman and is all awkward around her. He's basically from 4chan.
>>
>>63918519

It was not that bad at all.

There are far worse scenes, like the ones with Maz Kanata and Leia.

Adam Driver is in fact, together with BB8, the best thing about TFA
>>
do you know whats strange?

kylo ren unintentionally narrated the future while reading her mind. He mentions an island and forsees her view of a high ground where luke is over looking the shore. I'm suprised he didnt see his own fate if he read the future through her.
Also when rey touched the lightsaber, she saw her future battle with kylo before shes even seen him.

Also, Rey is a slave scavenger that works for food. This is how the empire was able to build a new deathstar in such a short amount of time due to still having rulings over planets. The scavengers bring the metals to the vendor and the vendor then ships the metals to the empire for recycling. The metals are already pure and dont need much refining, just to be remolded and plated as sheet metal.

this is why star trek is alot better because they actually tell you what happens in a real world scale with actual physics explained.
>>
>>63918519

You didnt watch the film did you?

It's made very clear numerous times Kylo does NOT want to kill Rey, and even Snoke wants her alive.

There is in fact no reason to kill her.

This is also why Kylo doesnt kill her in the final scene when they're clashing lightsabers and Rey tunes in with the force.
>>
>>63918862
>He mentions an island and forsees her view of a high ground where luke is over looking the shore.
It's over Kylo.
>>
>>63918519
he was horny and wanted to hypnoforce her
>>
>>63918862
But if you're reading someones mind how are you sure it's the actual future? Kylo doesn't know she touched a magic lightsaber that showed what was going to happen. He's just seeing images in her mind. Could be anything.
>>
>>63919114
i can agree with that too.

If i where kylo i would send armies to all planets that have the images of where i saw luke at, like google search of reverse images.

I'm betting that the next movie will show the empire invading where luke is due to probe droids being sent out, like the beginning of empire strikes back except they have an idea what the planet looks like this time.
>>
Why don't villains ever mutilate the heroes they need to keep alive? I mean, just cutting their hands and feet would make their escape/rescue more difficult.
>>
>>63918519
Not gonna lie, I almost busted out laughing watching that.
>>
Why would Ben kill his sister?
>>
>>63919325
Byzantine Empire pls go and stay go
>>
>>63919709
Creepy beta trying to look tough in front of a hot girl
>>
File: kotor2.jpg (25 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
kotor2.jpg
25 KB, 600x375
BRAVO JJ
>>
File: actual physicis.jpg (132 KB, 1000x595) Image search: [Google]
actual physicis.jpg
132 KB, 1000x595
>>63918862
>this is why star trek is alot better because they actually tell you what happens in a real world scale with actual physics explained
>actual physics explained
>>
>>63918519
She wasn't a Jedi. She was force sensitive. Force users are rare and a valuable commodity if turned to your side, which is also why Vader didn't kill Luke when he had the chance.
>>
>>63918519
she still had the fucking information you inbred come on pay attention
>>
>>63919903
star trek uses theoretical physics references, real world references, economic references, ect.

this is what makes star trek sci-fi.

star wars is pure fantasy.

btw the earth is not round
>>
File: 1450655218324.png (204 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1450655218324.png
204 KB, 500x366
Kylo Ren is the worst villian in all f Star Wars yet

you literally cannot take him seriously, when he first took off his mask, the entire cinema erupted in laughter. I could not take the character seriously after that

how Disney thought this was good enough for a film the caliber of Star Wars is beyond me
>>
File: 1450697660839.jpg (144 KB, 601x602) Image search: [Google]
1450697660839.jpg
144 KB, 601x602
>>63918519
I need a webm of her Mind rapping her for reasons
>>
Why does everyone INCLUDING redlettermedia like Adam Driver. Thought he was fucking embarassing.

>>63920261
Same with my cinema in Britain

Muffled fucking sniggering when everyone saw his big jewish nose
>>
>>63918519
How the fuck did that face remind Leia of Han?

How did two people with brown hair give birth to a kid with jet black hair?

Why didn't they choose an actor with an actual resemblance?
>>
>>63919903
Where is my Star Trek refuge thread?
>>
>>63920538

Not to mention this guy looks like hes in his early twenties and Han and Leia look like 70 year olds. Why did they have kids so late?
>>
>>63920538
Redlettermedia figured it out before the movie just from his face so I guess he does look like him.
>>
>>63920261
See that's the whole point though, Kylo Ren is suppose to be a joke of a villain, his entire character is essentially a rebellious teenager trying to be as cool as his grandpa was and failing horribly because he's a little shit.
>>
>>63920538
it makes sense when you think about it

Leia spent the entire pregnancy snorting deathsticks, thus causing the mutant rat face

Han and Leia's marriage fell apart because of this and Han bailed
>>
>>63920538
the same way anikan and padme had a blond kid
>>
>>63918519
Kylo realized she had force power and wanted to keep her alive as a potential apprentice.

Thus why he offered her to be under his wing while they fought.
>>
>>63920506

Because he came across as young man in over his head after being handed too much power, all while being torn between two authority figures.

Which is exactly what his character was. I'm not sure why that upsets people.
>>
>>63920723
Luke only had blond hair in Episode IV, after that it turned brown.
>>
>>63918519
he thought he could get the map information from her by using the force like he normally always does. legitimate reason if you ask me.

plus she wasnt a jedi and people who can use the force are rare and are drawn to eachother. maybe he thought he could turn her into an apprentice or something. would be much more useful than just killing her
>>
File: Maz_Kanata.png (2 MB, 1121x1533) Image search: [Google]
Maz_Kanata.png
2 MB, 1121x1533
Why did they show so little of the best character in the whole movie?
>>
>>63920823
Jar Jar was also a young man who was in over his head and was manipulated into giving Sheev power after being handed too much power.

He wasn't torn at all. He said at one fucking point "i'm tempted by deh light :D:D:D" and then stared at a mask of a person who was tempted by the light.

Good film, terrible villain.
>>
File: 1434456918192.jpg (16 KB, 319x320) Image search: [Google]
1434456918192.jpg
16 KB, 319x320
>>63918862
>this is why star trek is alot better because they actually tell you what happens in a real world scale with actual physics explained.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
This is what trekautists actually think
>>
>>63920834
He literally offered to train her/ said she needed training when they were fighting the second time.
>>
>>63920836
You mean the 3 fly aliens playing craps? in maz's bar
>>
>>63918519
It's almost as if you didn't see the movie.
Seriously, take off the fedora and stop trying so hard.
>>
>>63920836
>she is dead now
>died off camera and we are meant to just guess she is dead
>>
>>63920836
>Not Poe Dameron

Step it up senpai
>>
>>
>>63918519
he was conflicted, nigger. That's what he was rambling on about all the time.
>>
>>63918519
It was me Rey, the author of all your pain.
>>
Strawpoll.me/6306008/

Stand up and be counted.
>>
>>63921332
>U NEED A TEACHER!
>I CAN SHO U THE WAYS OF THE FORCE!
>...
>PLS RESPOND
>>
>>63920487
And I need a webm of BB-8 giving Finn a thumbs-up.
When I saw that scene, at first I thought: "No fuckin way!"
And then I thought: "That was actually pretty darn funny!"
>>
>>63923483

Don't think for one second they didnt look at this for inspiration.

Adam Driver's face was a clear giveaway for Kylo Ren's identity, and it really works well, unlike the rest of the film
>>
>>63918519
Any rule 34 of this scene?
>>
File: Anakin-Jedi.jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Anakin-Jedi.jpg
22 KB, 400x400
>>63920723
Light enough for Luke's dad
>>
>>63920538
There's this basic misconception that Harrison Ford used to be a handsome guy. Except he never was. He handsome in the same way that people like Humphrey Bogart and Jimmy Stewart were handsome: They were good at PLAYING the "Handsome Guy".
>>
Why wasn't there some kind of sensor in the torture chair to tell the First Order that she wasn't in it anymore?

My uncle works for Israeli cops (omg Jew) and they have sit in the overnight interrogation chairs that set off an alarm if there's less weight in it.
>>
>>63920711

>the villain is SUPPOSED to be shit and ineffective
>that makes it ok

Getting tired of this meme already desu lads.
>>
>>63918519

She's the only one who had knowledge of the map you dumb retard.
>>
>>63920836

didnt her VA have a really hard time voice acting basically?

i think she had a lot more but it got cut because she just wasnt good.
>>
Why didn't Vader do this to Leia? It seems more affective
>>
>>63926866
Can't imagine that. Lupita Nyong'o's delivery was superb. But when you have a character that looks like a talking grapefruit even the best actress can't do a lot to make it seem credible.
>>
>>63926799
>every villain has to be effective and cool
>oh, but the protagonist cannot be an impossibly cool and skilled girl, fuck that, she should be more vulnerable and shit at everything, fucking MaRey Sue
This is you.
>>
File: Bastila-Malak.jpg (17 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
Bastila-Malak.jpg
17 KB, 300x240
>>63918519
Am I the only one who thought of this?
>>
>>63918779
That would be neat. Like I really want Ben to more of human trash than he already is. He's the exact type of character I love to hate.

Not to mention mind rape turning into full-blown passionate hate fucking is my jam.
>>
>>63918629
This.
He kept her alive because she saw the map leading to Luke. And he tried to rip it from her mind but she stopped him. That shit took him completely by surprise, so he went to tell his master, because the girl was clearly not normal.
>>
>>63926092
Rey looks much more like a Solo than Kylo does. I was actually surprised to see that their kid turned out to be this ugly.
Who does he take from, a space milkman? Is Han a cuck?
>>
>>63918519

I wanted to fuck Kylo so fucking bad after this scene.
>>
>>63930036
Too bad he looks like shit in the rest of the movie, this scene was surprisingly hot.
>>
The scene was a few frames too long or whatever, but it was pretty impressively acted given the context. They were probably basically handed "the two stare each other down trying to dominate one another with the force" and managed to make it look pretty cool.

If you're just into action it might seem lame or boring. If you go into it with a reading of things like the master-slave dynamic then the scene has added weight.
>>
Have you never seen a Star Wars movie before?

There's always a reason for the bad guys to keep the Jedi alive.
>>
>>63926622
Buddy I'm am NOT gay

But I'd have fucked prime indiana jones
>>
>>63930717
As I said: He was good a playing a handsome guy!
>>
>>63929889
Ya, she was a special user of the Mary Sue
>>
>There was absolutely no reason to keep a Jedi alive except to allow her to survive and continue the plot.

Can't even be bothered to dig up a b8 image.
>>
>>63918519
You don't remember kylo disregarding the Droid because she had seen the map, and he thought he would just have to extract it from her head?

How does it feel to not be able to understand star wars?
>>
Why would he kill someone he's trying to get information from?
>>
>>63918519
Is that what Kylo looks like without his bane mask?
>>
Why was Rei better at the Vulcan Mini Meld than Kylo? Did she train with Tuvok?
>>
SCREENCAP THIS POST

REY = REVAN REN

She was a Knight of Ren, which is why she has that staff. Which is why she remembers the younglings being killed by the Knights. Her first vision was not of her being left on Jakku, it was of her being left with Luke to be trained. It's the only explanation as to why she's more force trained than Luke was up until ESB, She got BTFO, probably by Luke, who didn't kill her, but wiped her memory and took her back to her home, Jakku. JJ abrams stole Revan's design for Kylo and his character for Rey.

The only problem with this theory is whether Luke is her father or not.
>>
>>63920711
Yeah Kylo is the equivalent of a kid finding his grandfathers nazi memorabilia and wears it even though je knows what it represents.
>>
Why did Kylo want to find Luke so much? What was the importance of this?
>>
File: based.png (965 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
based.png
965 KB, 1600x900
>>63933312
He's his based husbando
>>
>>63918888
>It's made very clear numerous times Kylo does NOT want to kill Rey, and even Snoke wants her alive.
That's Movie Villain 101 right there, anon. I bet you feel proud now. Did you pat yourself on the back?
>>
>>63918803
>waaaaaahhhhhh

just ignore them you fucking child
>>
>>63919778
Toppest of keks
>>
File: bT61UVH.png (265 KB, 538x720) Image search: [Google]
bT61UVH.png
265 KB, 538x720
>>63920261
Kylo fucking Briefcase
>>
Shame RLM sold out. They could've made a decent review of this trash.
>>
>>63926344
So wasted

I wish he was kylo ren
>>
>>63926698
Great country dude
Fucking kill all of yourselves
>>
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
>>63926799
>>
that scene felt super rapey
>>
>>63936349
>Shame RLM sold out. They could've made a decent review of this trash.

They got old and stopped caring.

Everything's "fine" now. It was okay. I liked it. It wasn't the best, but.. "Let's not nitpick". Just shut your brain off dude. It's just a movie.
>>
>>63936984
Yes it's just a movie. And it is better than any other Star Wars flick.
>>
File: firethumb.webm (1 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
firethumb.webm
1 MB, 854x480
>>63926010
i got you senpai
>>
File: sadrey.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
sadrey.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>63920487
got you senpai
>>
>>63938540

god what an ugly bitch. I would have made a more attractive rey
>>
>>63918519
Rey is his twin sister. that's why
>>
File: kylos_crew.0.0.jpg (127 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kylos_crew.0.0.jpg
127 KB, 1280x720
>>63918519
Plot twist: Kylo Ren knew Rey from his past, and he actually cares for her, or once did. Like a family member. Or maybe she is a literal family member like a cousin or little sister.

Reasons why?:
>Rewatch the flashback sequence after she touches Anakin's lightsaber. Pay attention the beginning of the Knights of Ren Flashback scene. A padawan was about to bludgeon her to death with a blunt training weapon before Kylo comes in and stabs the student with his makeshift lightsaber. He rescued her from certain death. There's a webm of it out there, maybe some kind anon can post it.

>Kylo reacts aggressively when he hears that one of the suspects accompanying the droid is a girl, (hence the "WHAAAT GIRRRLL..." growling exclamation.) This alone already indicates that he has some history with her, and knows that she was dumped on Jakku for whatever reason.

>Kylo was already aware of her force powers, hence his discussion with Snoke about the "force awakening" and asking her to bring the girl back for training.

>He never really harms her at all throughout the entire movie. The worst he does is knock her out with his force powers before CARRYING her to a first Order ship for capture.

>doesn't do anything to torture her during the interrogation, just throws petty threats and attempts to mind-read her.

>Kylo makes NO effort to hurt or kill her during the final lightsaber duel. Instead he asks her to become his apprentice, partially because that's what Snoke wants. This mirrors the scenario between Luke and Vader to a T. Vader also attempted to sway Luke to join the dark side, partially because Palpatine requested so, and partially because he didn't want his son to be tracked down and killed off if he ended up rejecting. We're seeing the same shit happening here.

TLDR; the big "I am your father moment" will be the revelation that Kylo did so many of the horrible things he did, all to protect her from a sith-involved fate.
>>
>>63918519
Does he call her his little 11 year old junkie whore, like he does with Lena Dunham in Girls?
>>
>>63918519
it's weird but i ship them
>>
File: tfa.jpg (48 KB, 583x482) Image search: [Google]
tfa.jpg
48 KB, 583x482
Why is all media propaganda now you ask?

Post-modern elites (aka cultural marxists and their "useful idiots" the SJWs) have an agenda that isn't simply to mix races or eliminate a race. Their point is to disrupt social cohesion and any form of hierarchical or traditional social structure that could supersede government's authority. Whether it be marriage, the nuclear family, religion, cultural identity (usually identified by race or nationality), etc. any that can compete or overrule the state and pulls away control of the people, must be destroyed to further grow its power and influence. There are different methods of doing this but takes a lot of time to study and explain the impact of several race/class based policies. If you ever watch Thomas Sowell you'll know he explains some of it.

Yes, different races /could/ get along together in a society but that is not what we see. Why is that? Well, aside from racial determinism, we see special interest groups promoting the idea of victimized or disenfranchised minorities. A natural growth between different groups are impeded and instead forced artificial interaction disrupts the norm. This is generally done for political advantages and a moral high-ground. This causes enmity between races or classes while providing a platform for these manipulators, through the old rhetoric of egalitarianism, to create programs that benefit themselves in the guise of "doing good" for the minority or downtrodden.

While, some people are indeed well meaning most of them aren't able to either recognize or cope with the fact that the ideas they push for are unsuccessful and even destructive (welfare, minimum wage, affirmative action etc.). Furthermore these people are continuously fed more rhetoric by the "elite" groups (businesspersons e.g. bankers, cartels, politicians and community leaders e.g. Jesse Jackson, BLM, Green Party) to continue pushing for these policies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs
>>
>>63938656
>twin sister

More like his little sister. The timeline of events wouldn't make sense. The only way this would work out is if she was dumped on Jakku long before Kylo' mass murder at the jedi academy.
>>
>>63938656
THANK YOU! someone else agrees with me. Seriously, who would fuck Luke!?

She was thrown on tatoine-2 to hide her force powers from Snok. Fucking quote me.
>>
>>63918519
>fucking your sister/cousin
>killing your sister/cousin

That's why.
Also the movie makes it apparently clear that he didn't want to kill Han but was forced to by Snoke in order to "complete his training."
>>
>>63918817
i do actually ship them
>>
>>63937090
Jedi is better than TFA
>>
>>63939565
Fuck Disney for making me ship incest.
>>
File: 1396972677035.jpg (80 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1396972677035.jpg
80 KB, 500x667
>of all the things wrong with this movie people complain about having a black guy and a **latino** as if latinos even fucking exist in a universe where there is no Earth
>>
File: JJ-Abrams.jpg (42 KB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
JJ-Abrams.jpg
42 KB, 640x350
hey guys JJ Abrams just wrote a 100% original copypasta sponsored by disney

What the toy story truck did you just toy story trucking say about me, you little Elsa? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class at Monster's Inc, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on originality, and I have over 300 confirmed shills. I am trained in jewnomics and I’m the top shekel earner in the entire US movie business. You are nothing to me but just another customer. I will wipe creative thought the toy story truck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my toy story trucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shara to me over the Internet? Think again, goyim. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of jews across the ocean and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the sequel storm, you little תולעת. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call great storytelling. It's toy story trucking dead, kid. I can say anything, anytime, and I can kill Han Solo in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have never even been in a real fight and learned watching what other people did in movies and copied it frame for frame. And I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable white privilege off the face of the continent, you little chara. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price $15 ticket plus food, you goddamn idiot. I will shrek fury all over the movies you love, and you will drown in it. You’re toy story trucking dead, kiddo. and so is han solo
>>
>>63927980

That was Lupita's voice? I assumed it was Ming Na.
>>
>>63937090
These are the real contrarians, ladies and gentlemen. Look at them.
>>
>>63920836
that's not Poe "best bro" Dameron
>>
>>63918519
They're either siblings or cousins but there was too much sexual tension between them.
>>
Kylo was obsessed with Luke and he wanted the information in her head thinking he would still get it you fucking retard. He is a flawed villain.
>>
File: 1447478632496.jpg (69 KB, 500x636) Image search: [Google]
1447478632496.jpg
69 KB, 500x636
>>63938854
What if Luke felt threatened by Kylo and had his padawans attempt to assassinate the Knights of Ren and Rey?
>>
he wanted the map you dumb cunt
>>
>>63920836
HAN SOLO?
>>
>>63932419
>REY = REVAN REN
Rey IS the Kylo Ren from the flash back. Ben Solo only took her mask and became Kylo Ren later.
>>
>>63918862
Um I thought this was obvious, rey had visions of the ocean and island and kylo ren was reading this.
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.