[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can they be called Resistance when they're backed by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: swleia.jpg (23 KB, 540x311) Image search: [Google]
swleia.jpg
23 KB, 540x311
How can they be called Resistance when they're backed by the dominant political entity in the galaxy? Aren't the First Order the real rebels, fighting against the Republic that's now in charge? It annoyed me that they aren't really rebels anymore but they're still called that so they can sound like the underdogs. Isn't First Order is the same position here that the Rebel Alliance was in the OT?
>>
>>63918004
Leia is Yasser Arafat. She was a terrorist in her youth who has tried to go legit
>>
>>63918004
The Republic doesn't back the Resistance, they tolerate the First Order. It's retarded but it's in the official guidebook
>>
>>63919054
It's not retarded. The Republic doesn't want to be the Empire, forcing people into it's control. The section in the outer rim that the First Order controls are systems that do not want to be part of the Republic. The resistance is there to make sure the First Order doesn't expand/destroy too much (whoops).
>>
>>63919054

It says right in the opening crawl that the Republic supports the resistance.
>>
>>63919120
I'm retarded, I meant it's retarded that they never mention it in the movie at all
>>
>>63918004

why is she wearing Han's clothes?
>>
>>63919190

He died, does he need them?
>>
How can the vietcong be resisting the US when they are backed by the dominant political entity in Asia?
>>
>>63918004
It is pretty dumb, they could have simply been called "The Alliance"
>>
>>63919156
>it's retarded that they never mention it in the movie at all

Understandable, but there was already too much ground to cover without getting into intergalactic politics. The focus of this movie was setting up the new characters while retiring the old. I think they'll get a lot more political in the next one.
>>
Jesus Anakin Christ on a stick
>wah too much politics in my space fantasy pew-pew
After Force Awakens:
>Wah I don't understand the politics they should've included more senate scenes
Stay classy /b/
>>
>>63919054
>>63919120
>>63919146
The Republic supports the Resistance under the table, it isn't publicly known. The First Order however, just doesn't give a fuck and blow up the Republic nonetheless.
Doesn't matter since the republic is destroyed now, the resistance are once again the underdogs against the First Order.
>>
>>63918004
Not long after the empire dissolved, the first order was created/absorbed by the last remaining remnants of the republic.
The resistance is solely against the first order, the leftover bits of the republic are too fucked up to resist the first order and turns a blind eye hoping for peace.
Instead, bitches got fucked up.
>>
File: 1449026084165.gif (11 KB, 173x180) Image search: [Google]
1449026084165.gif
11 KB, 173x180
>>63921027
>Stay classy /b/
>>
>>63918004
Yes.
>>
>>63921201
So the republic lost the war against the empire?
It doesnt make sense, why is there even a republic?
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 400x250
>>63918004
>ywn do lines of pure cocaine off the naked body of Carrie Fisher in the prime of her youth

Why live?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.